PM to join A Knight in Blue and Ale for Two (Alevadra Durva)

Tourmal meets Alevadra over a few pints

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

A Knight in Blue and Ale for Two (Alevadra Durva)

Postby Tourmal Firemane on December 22nd, 2013, 2:39 am

Tourmal, Winter 3, 513 AV

The days were growing short and the sun had been down for a few bells by now. And the night air had a nip to it. Tourmal had just finished his first day at the Iron Works since he came back from Endrykas. The had grown lazy living on the plains mostly just sharpening blades here and there his part time job was all he could find even though he was competent at crafting blades of his own. There were others who were better and would not relinquish control of their forges so easy. He was happy to be back but he was winded. For that reason he decided that he would take a bath.

After he finished he decided he deserved a drink and would check out the Stallion for old times sake. Being tired he was just hoping to have a few pints of mead before he stumbled back home and fell into his nightly coma. Thank goodness the corridors were safe if he were anywhere else besides here or Endrykas he would likely get mugged on the way there. He thought about this on the way to the pub.

As the man approached the familiar door he hear the faint sounds of revelry. No doubt the jovial occupants of the tavern singing till either their lungs gave out or their legs whichever came first. When the man pushed through the door a gust of cold wind came in with him. Like always a few patrons looked over to see who it was. “Tourmal!” the bartender shouted “It's been far to long since we have been blessed with your presence.” 'He is just being nice like always looking for a good tip' Tourmal thought. He smiled back to the man “How are yeh Kevith?” he said. “Fine what brings you here?” the bartender replied. “Long day a' work” Tourmal answered. “Oh you got your job back then huh, congratulations! We got another paying customer! Hahaha.” the man laughed “You know what just to celebrate this momentous occasion have the first one on me. What'll you have?” Tourmal thought about having an ale for a second and decided against it. “Mead.” “One mead coming up” the bartender answered.

“The man knew what he was doing Kevith would likely have Tourmal as a client for the rest of his life. As the man got his drink Tourmal took a seat at the bar and took a look around. Many of the same faces he had seen nearly a year ago some new here and there. Those who were new were already in a group of their own. He didn't even realize he was searching for some fun until a few seconds had passed. The man shook his head “Not tonight Tourmal” he said to himself. He was much too tired to do himself justice, even if he did find someone he would most likely fall asleep before she had her shirt off. As the pint was placed Tourmal pulled out a GM and placed it on the counter. Keep em coming till it runs out. Oh and keep two silver fer yerself” He nodded to Kevith showing his appreciation for the first drink with a smile. “He was sure the man cared little about the smile and was much more interested in the two silver he was just tipped. 'Oh well.' He thought to himself. In a matter of seconds he was halfway down his pint.
Last edited by Tourmal Firemane on January 4th, 2014, 3:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tourmal Firemane
Player

Words: 178467
Joined roleplay: September 1st, 2012, 11:05 am
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Alevadra Druva on December 23rd, 2013, 3:28 pm

ImageImageImage

Birthdays were such silly things, it simply marked a day which you happened to have been pushed forth into the world screaming. To Ale, her birthday was a minor day, but those who had been around her always saw it as something more. A means for celebration for getting a year older and not having perished the previous season. Sure, being a knight wasn’t the safest employment one could have, but it wasn’t that dangerous. Sera Druva had her fair share of scars, but none were close to a fatal wound.

She’d been given the day off, not even requested, just given. Alevadra knew that it was her father’s doing, while their relationship was much more professional than family, he still showed small signs of affection towards his only child. No physical gifts, but a day off of standing by the main gate was enough of a blessing.

Her life had consisted so strongly of training, bettering herself in the name of Tyveth, for the grace and righteousness of Syliras, the idea of a day without any of it was rather perplexing and stressful. Her morning was a late one, sleeping in and lounging in the knights barracks while the others got up and got dressed. “ ‘Appy, birthday, Ale,” A few would say in passing as the woman began to stir, sitting up to get dressed. A few small thanks and smiles to the other knights in the barracks were given as Ale went about getting dressed.

It was an off day, she didn’t need to prepare to wear armor all day, a mixture of delight and dread scratched at her bones. Without her armor she felt so vulnerable, but wearing it was tedious and became tiring. She dressed in a tunic and surcoat, her tunic an off-white linen and a deep blue woolen surcoat with the Druva family crest—A glassbeak. A black, leather belt wrapped around her waist, cinching in the loose fabric about her waist and fitted black suede pants covered her legs. As usually, Ale wore her plain black, thinly soled boots.

Her day went on without consequence, spending the morning bells with Lyris in the stables, brushing her and giving her a few sweets. The day was relaxing, without the expectations of a knight weighing down on her, Ale was able to look at the bazaar, wander through stormhold… It was relaxing, spending a bell in the stone garden as the sun dipped low below the horizon.

The end of her day had already been planned—Mead at the rearing stallion. While the knight was not known by any means as a drinker, she was known to occasionally enjoy mead every once in a while. However, Kevith was sure to turn pale seeing the Druva two knights in a row without one of those nights involving Ale dragging some drunkard out or breaking up a brawl.

The short knight made her way through the city, entering the establishment swiftly. Blue and purple hair was easy to spot and Kevith knew who’d entered his business before she was even fully visible. “Sera Druva! Two nights in a row? What do I owe this honor?” He jested, looking a mixture of surprise and concern. The woman approached the bar, resting her arms on the edge and waving a hand idly. “Oh, relax, Kevith,” The woman smiled, motioning towards a mug. “I’m off duty,” The man moved and poured the woman a drink. “I never see you two nights in a row without you in armor,” He handed the mug over to Ale, who took it with a smile. “Better take note of it, not likely to reoccur,” She winked to the man before her attention shifted about the tavern.

Alevadra sat at the bar, slowly sipping her mead—it was clear that the intent was not to drink to intoxication. Brown eyes shifted around the bar area, a few groups of people were chatting, laughing, even a group playing cards. Her attention—however—landed on a rather tall, golden haired man who seemed to be downing his ale without much care. “You know,” Ale spoke up, looking at him. “You drink too fast and you’ll have to be carried out of here,” The woman smirked a moment. “And I don’t think I’m strong enough to drag you out.” She winked, sipping her mead.
Who needs love when you have honor and dignity?
Alevadra Druva
Syliran Knight

Words: 151878
Joined roleplay: October 27th, 2010, 11:39 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet

Postby Tourmal Firemane on December 24th, 2013, 6:46 am

After the man had hold of his drink Kevith moved his attention to another patron with blue and purple hair and striking looks. She was dressed well with a coat emblazoned with a coat of arms on it. This puzzled Tourmal for a sec. Why would someone so well off come to the Stallion. He stole a few more quick glances at the lady and pondered on it some more. Then drank the first half of his mead. “You know, You drink too fast and you'll have to be carried out of here,” He looked her in the eye and smiled. Then took another drink intending to finish it, “And I don't think I'm strong enough to drag you out.” Mid gulp it all clicked 'A Knight!' Eyes bulged, he sprayed the mead in his mouth all over Kevith and coughed uncontrollably for a nigh half a chime.

When he regained himself he realized what he had done and grabbed the bar rag and quickly tried to help dry down the owner. “I'm so sorry Kevith. Here let me help yeh with tha'” “Maybe I oughta cut you of now eh?” He chortled. “Wha' happened Tourmal dja see a ghost?” “No no just musta caught somethin in me throat.” Tourmal replied. I am so sorry. He pulled out another silver and tried to hand it to his old friend. “No, no save yer money for some more beer. I'll not be letting yeh make me a charity case now.” Kevith said. “Just don't be makin a habit of it now ye hear?” “Ok then.” Tourmal answered. He looked over to the azure vixen next to him. One thing was for sure, she had his attention.

He knew he had seen her somewhere before. He said “You know I would watch out if I were you” Then gave a short pause looking into the kitchen.“Wouldn't want to ruin that nice coat of yers, as you can see there tends to be an occasional mead or ale geyser that goes off now an then.” he said returning the wink she had previously passed him. Then looked back to his mug and finished the quarter that was left after his mishap. “Kevith can attest fer that.” “Yes, unfortunately, yes I can.” the bartender said. “Would ya mind fillin me up Kev?”

As the bartender did Tourmal asked “Now whats a fine woman such as yerself doing in here with this rabble? Yours truly included.” he placed his hand around the mug, and decided that maybe he oughta take the woman's advice. After all her being a knight he wouldn't want to get in over his head. So as she answered he took a sip not taking his eyes off her.
Tourmal Firemane
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Alevadra Druva on December 30th, 2013, 8:00 pm

ImageImageImage

She winced when mead sprayed all over Kevith before bursting out into laughter. Oh, some people would pay good Mizas to see that! In her fit of giggles she was able to get out her concern for the bartender. “Oh Kevith! At least it was just mead and not the usual! Are you alright?” It was clear that he was perturbed, but, not completely put off, Ale was right, as least it wasn’t the usual.

Ale finished laughing and looked to the man. “Better not choke to death either, I’m afraid I am not the sort you want being your doctor.” She shook her head and went back to her mead, taking a satisfying sip, still grinning from the rather comedic occurrence. The man’s attention turned to her, after trying to make amends with Kevith, ah, that poor owner.

“Oh? Is that a threat?” She joked, raising a brow. “It is unwise to threaten a knight.” She shook her head slightly. I’ve had much worse on me, I assure you.” Like blood. Ale had seen her fair share of fights and been involved in her fair share, the idea of washing off mead was much more appealing than washing off blood. “The rabble keep things interesting. And Kevith always has the best mead.” The bartender chipped in as well. “ ‘an it’s your birthday, In’it, Sera Druva?” The woman shrugged and nodded at once. “Suppose so.” The woman took another sip of her mead before turning to the man.

“Alevadra Druva, and who is the renowned ale geyser I happen to have sat next to?”
Alevadra Druva
Syliran Knight

Character sheet

Postby Tourmal Firemane on January 1st, 2014, 5:51 am

The woman had a good sense of humor. And thankfully the Drykas was not one to get too embarrassed. She told him she wouldn't make a good doctor. He thought to himself 'I wouldn't mind playing a little doctor with yeh.' “Oh no Miss, wouldn't dream of it.” He said as he smiled. 'Worse he thought... what's worse than beer... perhaps she gets a bit wild in the bed? Oh! Just then he realized what she had meant. “Aye me too.”

The man thought back to the night he had his first second and third kills. He was covered in blood and brain matter. Hammers had a way of making a mess of things. He remembered washing himself till his skin was too tender to scrub anymore. He felt horrible and the thought of it immediately afterward made him wretch. That was a long time ago and he had gotten past it. Still just thinking of the sight of the mans eyeballs being expelled from their sockets made him shiver. And he did literally.

“Yeh like yer mead then huh?” The man paused. “That's a rare sight, don't come across a Syliran who prefers mead over ale too often.” He looked to her for a response. Then the bartender jumped in. “It's yer birfday is it?” Tourmal asked. “Well by all means Miss Druva. Let me get yer drinks.”

And before she could say no Tourmal had pulled out another GM and flicked it to Kevith. “I know it's bad form to ask yer age so let's just say yer twenty.” He smiled and raised his mug. “Here is to surviving another year!” He yelled loud enough for the whole tavern to hear.” Then he took his drink after quite a few other patrons yelled in agreement. In truth they didn't even have to really agree with whatever he said they just wanted another reason to drink and a birthday was a good one.

“Me? I'm just a lonely weaponsmith not really worthy of mention.” He looked down feigning humility. “But if yeh must have me name its Tourmal, Tourmal Firemane” He said changing his tune quickly. “You can just call me Tourmal, or Geyser I suppose. Whatever ya please.”

“Now tell me this. If it is yer birfday why are you alone?” He looked at her “No friends in the Knighthood? Or are they just too good to mix with the common rabble? Yeh know if me boy Orion weren't so busy he would be here pouring back a mug of ale with us, celebrating this wonderful occasion.” He waited for her response. “Yeh know what who needs em. I'll keep yeh company tonigh.”
Tourmal Firemane
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Alevadra Druva on January 13th, 2014, 10:34 pm

ImageImageImage

Alevadra was no stranger to those indulging a bit too much in the richness of mead and ale, it wasn’t uncommon—really. The part she never cared for was the reactions ones stomach often had to such endeavors—after all, cleaning it out of clothes when the vomit is not yours was one of the least pleasant things Alevadra had experienced.

“I’m afraid I have quite the adoration for honey, an expensive thing, but well worth it.” Her mother used to give her bits of crystalized honey all the time—she’d always loved it. “Lucky for you, it will be cheap.” The knight was not known to overdrink—ever. It was something she found no delight in, as such, her drinks were one or two followed by a good night’s sleep and a cold wash-up in the morning. “That’s very kind of you, Tourmal. But really, it isn’t necessary. A birthday is just another day, all it marks is another year where the world has yet to have killed me.”

Kevith rolled his eyes and meandered down the bar to another patron who was flagging him. “You’re far off the mark on age, kind sir, surely I do not look to fresh faced that I am a fool? Or weak? I certainly hope that I appear more my age than not, I feel age should be a sign of pride—of endurance, don’t you?” The knight glanced around the tavern to the other patrons who echoed Tourmal’s lead. The woman lifted her mug to them lightly before taking a drink.

“Ah! A weaponsmith. Now, that must be interesting. A fitting name for a fitting profession. I suppose I will relieve you of such embaressment as often as I can and simply call you Tourmal. While out of armor, I am simple Alevadra, in it—however—is a much different situation.” She nodded slightly, which was when Kevith piped in. “Yea, Sera Druva then, that’s what.”

Why was she alone? Alevadra shrugged slightly to the question, looking down at the liquid in her mug. There were plenty of reasons. She kept everyone at a distance, she knew many and many knew her, but none could say they understood her, or even were all that close. She was like a statue, noticed, appreciated, but no one really knew the story behind it. She didn’t let people close, it wasn’t in her nature, not since Ser Frent’s death. She could have asked a few of the other knights to get a drink with her, and surely they would indulge. It was not for a lacking want of closeness, it was merely the way the cogs turned, and hand she’d been dealt was one of frequent isolation and distance.
“Something like that. I’m not particularly a social drinker.” The Druva smiled and nodded to Tourmal’s intention. “I think I can agree with that, Weaponsmith Tourmal.” She took another sip of her mead, savoring the sweet bite of the honey wine. “So tell me, Tourmal, what is your favorite weapon?”
Alevadra Druva
Syliran Knight

Character sheet

Postby Tourmal Firemane on January 16th, 2014, 11:31 pm

The woman mentioned her fondness for honey, and followed up with a comment on her distaste for birthdays. “Which is why it's worth celebrating. T'would be a sad day when someone as lovely as yerself loses her life.”

Tourmal was caught off guard by her stern remark. Normally words like that would flatter a woman. However this woman was far from average. He honestly should have known better. Her hair looks and demeanor were all much unlike his normal prey. And, if he was not careful he would either scare this one away or anger her to the point where he become the hunted. And he was sure that being hunted by her was not the type of hunting he had in mind.

“I'm sorry ma'am I didn' mean to offend. You are right. You are far from an inexperienced child, and don't seem the fool.” Tourmal was in quite the conundrum, she disliked birthdays yet felt pride for age. She seemed to be quite the contradiction. However she was right. “Well then, so I don't make any more mistakes, do you mind if I ask you your age?” He said cautiously.

The woman spoke of his name and craft positively, making Tourmal feel better, and less uneasy. She gave him her name. “Alevadra.” He said “You fair knight have a beautiful name. With both power and elegance.” Her name fit her perfectly her personality demanded praise and honor weather she knew it or not. She was not one to be trifled with. 'Druva' he thought to himself. Hmm he didn't know what to say about it it sounded solid, and stable, however he wasn't sure as to weather he should say anything.

When the woman explained why she was alone he thought maybe she was trying to push him away. “I'm sorry ma'am if yeh would like I can leave yeh be.” Then she agreed with him about Orion. “Yeh know Orion?” he asked. “Jus between you and me, ya think he has what it takes to be a knight?”

“Hammers.” He said outright. “Definitely hammers.” He took another drink of his ale. He looked at his mug and noticed this one was emptying considerably slower than those before. “I work with them, so I figure, why not use what I'm most comfortable with.”Tourmal looked at Alevadra shrugging his shoulders “I only have a light hammer right now, but someday I'm sure I will get me self a nice war hammer or two.” He said with a smile. “Or maybe I'll make em me self.” He said looking away temporarily. “What about yeh? What's yer favorite?” He said returning his gaze upon the azure haired woman.
Tourmal Firemane
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Alevadra Druva on January 23rd, 2014, 4:49 pm

ImageImageImage

His comment on her appearance was not perceived as Tourmal surely meant it to be. Ale raised a brow with a rather surprised and confused expression on her face before responding. “Would it be any less tragic were I homely? Or perhaps simply ugly? I would like to think I’m judged more on my merits and morals than by how appealing I may appear.” Kevith made a slight face, as if he had expected the response from the knight, then busied himself with other customers and cleaning mugs.

Ale smiled slightly at his apology, nodding and taking a sip from her mug. “And neither do you look as an inexperienced child.” She tapped her glass, brown eyes looking to the amber fluid as he asked her age. “I do not mind,” Her attention turned to the Drykas with a rather welcoming expression. “As of today, I have lived for 28 years.” She didn’t quite look twenty-eight, and Ale knew that, though she didn’t wish to look as fresh faced as a squire or knight who just finished their quest… After all, she’d been a knight for a decade.

“You must feel as if walking on embers around me, I assure you, my bark is far greater than my bite.” She tried to reassure the man. Sometimes her father had wondered if Ale’s mother was part Inarta for the strong willed nature his daughter possessed. He was quite one to flatter, something Ale was not always the most comfortable with. Flattery towards her tended to be in regards to her skills and proficiencies rather than physical things.

Alevadra didn’t actually know of anyone by the name of Orion. Surely, he was a squire, and by the guess of it, an adult. Not a terribly uncommon thing, an adult squire. Though Ale was not terribly in tune with all the squires, she knew a few—often still in their youths. Surely she would meet Orion some day. “I cannot say I actually know an Orion. Surely, though, if he is a squire then he has what is needed to be a knight. No knight would take on a squire who was less than ideal to be known as a Syliran Knight.” She answered honestly. Alevadra thought quite highly of the other knights in the order, if one saw fit to make this adult squire a knight—then surely, there was something in him that was seen as ideal for their cause.

Hammers—seemed quite fitting for a blacksmith. “Use what you know,” She nodded slightly. It only made sense that he use what he was best at, and using a hammer all day did make one rather familiar with the thing. “Oh, I imagine there would be much more pride with one you make yourself… You’d be able to make it perfect for you, everything that perfect fits your methods.” Alevadra was a little envious of his ability with steel, her long sword was on loan from the knights, as was her armor, the only part of the regular kit that she owned was her bow. “Ah…. That’s a hard one. I do love my shield and long sword. But, I am partial to the bow, it’s easiest to remain on horse and shoot rather than a sword on horseback.” Honestly, it was her mother’s doing that she was so partial to the bow. Had it not been for the bow as a gift from her late mother, she likely would have gone the route of her father with swords and shields.
Alevadra Druva
Syliran Knight

Character sheet

Postby Tourmal Firemane on January 28th, 2014, 5:21 am

The man was at a loss for words when she snapped back at what he thought were compliments. After listening to her argument, he hated to admit but that was just how he felt. Was it bad that he thought that beautiful people were sought more than those who weren't. That he would be more distraught at hearing about the loss of an attractive woman than a homely one? The man is shallow he regards beauty very highly and gave it place over many other things like necessity, or convenience. He didn't mind it when a woman relied on her looks to get what she wanted. He long ago decided that it was acceptable and common. While he was young there were many women who used their looks to take advantage of an unsuspecting boy who worked at a jewelery store. He had quite a few days where his profits were naught due to that fact. Did his views make him a bad person? Or was he merely misguided? Either way he thought about her comment and stood silent until she was done.

His silver tongue would not work this experienced woman the same as it had so many others. Alevadra then told him her age. “You don't say.” he said as he raised his eyebrow and released his grip on his mug, turning his body towards the woman. “I'm turning 28 in spring.” Tourmal looked at her again and still thought that his previous guess wasn't that far off. He would have honestly placed her around 25 or 26 years. But her demeanor seemed much older. Like an old man who had no place for nonsense, somewhere around 60 years of age.

“Aye you are right, I am surprised that I wasn't burned from that last comment.” He smiled nervously turning his head away unsure if she would attack in return.

“Oh then my mistake, when you replied earlier I thought you meant you knew him.” He was re assured at her insistence that the knights would not choose someone they did not think had the capacity to become one of them.

Tourmal nodded at her statement. Use what you know, that is what he believed. He didn't understand why he would chose anything else since he used them nearly ever day of the last five years. “Aye.” He said confirming her thoughts. “Just need to figure out how to use em properly first then I can make alterations fer meself all I want.” He thought for a second and decided he should add, “I mean it shouldn't be too hard just like swinging a bigger hammer than what I am used to. I guess the issue would be getting used to the weight and the length, and figuring how to defend meself with them.”

The knight told him about her affinity towards bows. He was familiar with what she said. The Drykas were well known to be exceptional horseback archer. “Aye it is quite amazing watching me kinsmen ride and shot at the same time.” He however was an exception. The man had never practiced with them himself. “What amazes me most is how they hit a moving target while moving themselves. Bouncing up and down on the back of a horse I can barely hit a standing target on the back of a horse at a stand still.” He chuckled and took another sip of his drink, taking a moment to wipe the froth off of his mouth.

“If you had to choose a weapon made of steel what would it be? And why?” Of course he was partial to his own work being metal. He was curious to see what he would hear. If he could find out from a real warrior what she preferred then maybe that would give him a better idea as how to better make his weapons. And if he didn't get much he would probe her about others opinions.
Tourmal Firemane
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Alevadra Druva on February 19th, 2014, 3:20 pm

ImageImageImage

“Ah! Well, happy early birthday,” She raised her mug slightly to him before taking a sip. They were around the same age, and surely both set in their ways. Alevadra was not one to dislike someone of differing opinions but she was also not one to sit by and remain voiceless. She had no reason to shy away from the truth and honesty of her opinions—after all, she’d freely shared them for years, no point in changing that now.

Her hand waved idly as her lips pursed to make a slight “pft” sound. “We’re all entitled to believe what we wish. I appreciate honesty above all, even if it isn’t something I agree with or wish to hear. Nothing is quite as distasteful as hiding ones opinions and thoughts in hopes that another may take a shine to you. Rather be who you are and what you believe then pretend otherwise.” She shrugged, so far that mentality had worked out well. Not that she went around babbling about her life and opinions to everyone, but if it came up, she would speak.

“Ah, poor choice of phrasing on my part, nothing to fret about. Surely I’ll meet him one day.” She shrugged, there were many squires, not too many that were adults, but there were many squires and pages about.

Ale listened to the talk of warhammers and adjusting to changes such as that. “At least you have a base knowledge to work off of. Practice, practice, practice… That’s all I ever feel I am doing,” She laughed and shrugged slightly. “You look the sort to adjust to a heavier weapon fairly easily, though…. I think it’s the length and size difference that may give you trouble.” She smiled and shrugged softly, taking a sip of her drink. “Perhaps you’ll pick it up and it will be as if the gods smiled down upon you and you will be magnificent from the start!” Ale commented encouragingly.

Ale smirked as he talked about the Drykas and their horseback archery. The drop or two of Drykas blood she had in her from the Druva name was minor, but she was proud of the little she had. “The Drykas?” She grinned rather widely before continuing seamlessly in Pavi. “They are marvelous on horseback… Surely you could learn with time.” Alevadra winked and let out a small laugh. “The Druva name is a Drykas name, I attribute my affinity for horses and longbows to that.” She stated plainly in common.

“Hmm,” Ale considered the question for a short moment before speaking. “A long sword with a heavy hilt.” She stated with a nod. “Keeps me at a distant and the weight in the hilt makes it easier to maneuver—at least for me.” She shrugged softly. “For smaller knights I suppose it’s better to keep the weight in close, when all the weight it spread out, I feel I have less control over my movements.”
Alevadra Druva
Syliran Knight

Character sheet

Next