Closed Of Like Minds (Hadyn Skellig)

Hadyn saves Tourmal from a possible bad decision at the Rearing Stallion.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

Of Like Minds (Hadyn Skellig)

Postby Tourmal Firemane on December 27th, 2013, 6:04 am

Tourmal, Winter 37, 513 AV

The tavern was packed the winter had been colder than usual this year, so it drove many of the not so regulars to become more so. Many were all trying to escape the loneliness that normally came with the winter and even more so this one. Even more just wanted to numb their senses before they set home through the cold corridors. The winds were vicious and the stone held the cold very well. Why Tourmal nearly fell five times coming from the bath house, with all the frost on the floors outside its doors. The humidity froze layer after layer until it was nearly a quarter inch thick.

He was much warmer now sitting within visual distance to the fire, nearly pouring mead down his throat. He was two drinks in and started on his third and he had only been there near half a bell. Yes the stallion was packed. Where he normally sat at the bar was taken so he took a seat at a table All of the ones close to the fireplace were already taken but he could still feel it's warm embrace if only slightly. He was regularly bumped. And occasionally one of the barmaids would slide past in between him and those behind him. When she did her bum grazed the back of his head. He didn't mind it was soft and she wasn't that bad looking.

There were two empty seats at his table which would likely be taken soon. However his size warded off most of the potential predators who would grab them in a second. But he saw a few people eying the chairs. Tourmal responded by looking them stoned faced in the eye then slightly squinting as if threatening them that if they took it he would do something unspeakable to them.

Tourmal put his large hand around his mug and took a few gulps. Then placed it down and hailed the barmaid. When she came near he slipped her 6 sm and asked for a meal. The man was so relaxed from the drinks as she turned he put his hand on the small of her back and held it there until she walked away. She turned her head and winked at him. She had been trying to get with him for some time but he resisted because he knew that was bad business getting with a barmaid was disastrous especially since he had no intentions of making something real from it. And a pissed off barmaid could keep him from ever coming back.

“Cursed woman!” He said under his breath. She was fishing for some attention and she knew if she kept it up long enough she would get it. It was only a matter of time. “No no no.” He shook his head after she had already turned away. “Some one save me please.” He prayed to the gods, he didn't care much which one answered, just that he was saved from a possible catastrophe.
Tourmal Firemane
Player

Words: 178467
Joined roleplay: September 1st, 2012, 11:05 am
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Hadyn Skellig on January 4th, 2014, 9:35 pm

First night at the tavern since giving birth. Hadyn couldn't decide whether this was a celebratory or foolish event. In any case she'd stopped by the Stallion to fetch something for Shiress, who was presently minding her son back at the apartment. The girl had been a life-saver for the first time mother and the brunette was sure to do just about anything to repay her. Including visiting the location that was the seat of her most unfortunate decision three seasons ago. She'd entered without much fanfare, bypassing the patrons and keeping her nose out of the booze (for now).

Stopping at the bar she had a quick word with one of Shiress' coworkers - Carmen, was it? A twitch of the nose and the brunette was turning around, disappointed with the other woman's response. Kevith had the parcel her friend left at the Stallion a few days before. But he'd be in sometime in the next bell. With an indecisive glance around the place the weaponsmith drummed her fingers on the wooden bar's worn surface. Should she stay and collect the item when the owner arrived or come back later? Chewing on her bottom lip as she surveyed the chaotic scene she settled on staying. Wouldn't want to miss the man and have to go through this again.

This sidetrack in her plan was keeping her from her son longer than she intended but she trusted Shiress to take care of him. Not like he required any great discourse or entertainment. Casting a quick gaze about the tavern, free space obscured by heads, both naked and hatted, the woman finally caught sight of a vacant seat. The table, however, appeared to be presided over by a large man with his back to the weaponsmith. Ah well. Straightening the wool sweater and tucking a dark strand behind her ear the brunette set a determined expression to her face and made her way to the empty chair.

It took her a good while to get there, weaving and sidestepping the drunks and overly zealous patrons, the chair locked in her sights. When she finally made it Hadyn came round the fellow and offered him a smile. He was a good looking fellow, muscular and broad shouldered. He didn't wear the mantle of the city - likely a laboring man. He seemed almost familiar. But the woman didn't give it much credit - she'd probably seen nearly every citizen at least once during her lifetime in Syliras. Placing a hand on the back of the chair the weaponsmith leveled her gaze downward to catch his eye.

"Fancy some company tonight?" her voice was low , her manner comfortable. Nothing bothered her about the busy atmosphere and she knew well enough if one wished to keep their seat they'd best have a mind to share the table. "Won't be here long," she added with another smile. Although her skin had a naturally fair tint to it the effects of childbirth and motherhood gave Hadyn a glow that hadn't yet dissipated. It'd likely serve to her credit, especially on a night like this.

Hadyn Skellig
a blade for a beer

Words: 455862
Joined roleplay: March 13th, 2013, 6:35 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 2
Featured Character (1) Featured Thread (1)

Postby Tourmal Firemane on January 5th, 2014, 3:37 am

As Tourmal sat there waiting for his food he noticed a lady who passed around him. She then turned and shot him a friendly smile. He sent her a smile back nodding as a non verbal greeting. She then placed her hand on the chair next to him and looked him in the eyes. “Fancy some company tonight?”

“Help yerself.” he said, motioning to the chair. “Whats that? Yeh haven't even sat down yet and yer leaving already?” He looked at her and grinning. “That's a new record, if I ever did see one. Not more than two words and I've already scared yeh away.” As the woman sat down he gave her a once over.

She had a thin face with supple lips and small narrow nose. Her chin had a faint sign of being cleft, but just barely. And her eyes dark and mysterious. Her skin was fair and very healthy looking. Her hair was long and dark brown. As the man's eyes moved down from her face he spotted what looked like two nice sized breasts hidden under her garments. The table blocked him from seeing what curves lie below that.

'Oh thank yeh gods' He thought for once they answered his prayers. Despite his general discontent for them. “What brings yeh here tonight?” The smithy asked the well endowed woman. The man waited for a response. “I'm Tourmal.” He said as he extended his hand to the woman. “And yeh are?”

Just then his food came. The barmaid brought it to his table, after purposefully rubbing up against him. “Oh sorry, It's just so crowded.” She apologized. “Right.” He said sarcasticly. The man kept a smile on his face just to not upset the woman. He was walking a thin line now and he would likely pay for it sooner or later. He had to slowly calm down the flirting without completely offending the barmaid.

The food looked great. He had grown quite hungry since work ended, so he grabbed his utensils and took a bite. After a few spoonfuls he looked up and remembered his company. “Oh sorry. Would yeh like some?” The man offered her some food from his plate, sliding it her way. Then he took his mug and washed down the food in his mouth with the honey flavored drink. “It's good.” he explained.
Tourmal Firemane
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Hadyn Skellig on January 11th, 2014, 11:53 pm

"Much obliged," she replied for no sooner had the words left his mouth than the woman was seating herself with a nod of appreciation. A smile pulled the corners of her lips as he offered a quip regarding her statement. He was quick and very clearly a flirt. Hadyn made herself comfortable, left arm resting over the back of the chair as one leg crossed over the other. She caught the downward path of his eyes and met it with a grin when he returned to her face.

"Waitin' on someone,"
she replied with a noncommittal shrug. Tourmal. Where'd she heard that name before? Dismissing the mystery for a moment the weaponsmith reached forward and met his hand with a firm shake before releasing it. "Hadyn," she answered with a nod before settling in her seat once more. Casting an appraising eye on him the brunette lingered in silence until Tourmal's food arrived. A dark brow arched over amused brown eyes as the serving girl made a show of brushing against the well muscled man. Crowded indeed. Hadyn watched the lass trot off with an unabashed smirk. Returning her attention to Tourmal who was presently inhaling his food the woman raised a hand with a single shake of her head.

"Thank you but I'm fed and well." She assured him with another smile, resting her hand on the table. She sat to the side on the chair, the toe of boot suspended in the air as she dipped it to avoiding a fellow rushing past their table. With one arm resting along the back of the chair, her head titled slightly to the side she realized she quite nearly missed this tavern. The people, booze and entertainment had kept her amused for much of her adult life. She was a simple woman that way but she had no regrets. Casting a glance at Tourmal the brunette smiled again, tapping her fingernails on the wooden table quietly.

"Y'here often?"
she still couldn't quite place where she'd heard his name. Nothing about him was exceptionally familiar but she was sure Tourmal rang a bell. Probably one of her less enchanting drunken nights. It was unlikely he was a long lost bedmate as he didn't seem to recognize her. Watching him with curiosity she bit her lower lip, eyes narrowing as she tried to wade through her memories to locate the familiarity.

Hadyn Skellig
a blade for a beer

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Tourmal Firemane on January 12th, 2014, 6:05 am

The woman seemed nice enough. Though every time he said anything she replied with one word answers. This one won't be easy. The man didn't mind, in fact he even liked the chase. It was when they were outright rude that he often found ways to leave them for someone else. This one, Hadyn, however didn't show that just yet. She did seem to be distracted though or just not in the mood to chat. But then again if he had not been stuffing his face maybe she would be more willing to talk.

“Me?” He said after tucking his half chewed food into a cheek. “Nearly every night since the season started.” He looked at her. 'Hadyn' he thought about it, the name stuck out somehow. He couldn't place it though. Did he overhear someone talking about her, did he meet her before. Hmm. Not likely he would not forget those breast. Given that he had definitely not slept with the woman. “Nothing better than a drink after a long day at the forge. Yeh know what I mean?” He meant the question to be rhetorical, not expecting a response besides a nod or something.

“Who yeh waiting for? Anyone I know?” The man asked before taking another gulp to wash down what he had left in his mouth. “I'm sorry fer me manners, I'm just starvin.” He brought his eyes down to meet hers as he lowered his mug. “If yeh are not having anything to eat. How about something to drink? Yeh know to pass the time, never know how long yeh will be waiting.” Drinking being his favorite past time there really was nothing better to do besides drink, well in his opinion at least.

Thankfully the food started soaking up the alcohol he had already drank slowly sobering him up. The man was about done with his drink, he looked down into the cup and it would be done in another few gulps. He hailed the barmaid again and when she looked over she winked. He smiled and pointed downward at his mug then shook his head as if a bashful school boy.

“I'm really sorry about this but do you mind If I say you are my date?” He looked at the woman across him. “This barmaid won't stop hitting on me. She has been trying to get at me for a couple of weeks now, en I have this rule about not sleeping with barmaids.” His face grew more desperate. “It's just if I do then I don't know if I can bring me self back here, and this is me favorite tavern.” The man put on his best puppy dog face. “Whaddya say? Please?” He said altering his frown into a smile while keeping his eyebrows raised.
Tourmal Firemane
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Hadyn Skellig on January 13th, 2014, 10:17 pm

Forge. Hadyn's attention was piqued by this single word, the entirety of his statement passing over her as she half listened, scanning the crowd for her target. But all searching came to a halt, her face previously in profile to Tourmal now turning to stare. Eyebrows rose as he continued on, the drumming of her fingertips halted. So he was of Ironworks. It was in keeping with his muscular frame. And accounted for the familiarity. While she didn't know every smith in the city she'd likely heard most of their names by this time, especially if they were beyond apprenticeship.

"Mhm," she replied with a slight dip of her head. She certainly knew what he meant. Had she been up to her usual antics she'd have met him much sooner. A smile curved her full lips as he asked another set of questions. "Kevith. Stallion's proprietor. He has a parcel I'm fetching for a friend. And... yes. I will take a drink."

A single beer was hardly a concern for a seasoned drinker like herself but all the same one was enough. Hadyn studied him while he finished eating, searching for recognition in his features. Intensely green eyes offered no luck, such a hue certain to elicit a memory. His build made sense now that his profession was uncovered - male smiths were nothing if not brawny. But his coppery skin was an anathema. Were she to guess Tourmal was not a lifetime resident of Syliras, most born and raised in the walled city fostering fairer light complexion. He possessed the bronzed flesh of one toiling away beneath Syna's rays. Interesting.

Hadyn was ready to remark on it when she witnessed yet another awkward interaction between her companion and the bar girl. A grin settled on her lips as he completed the scene with a demure shake of his tawny head. His question, however, gave her pause. The following uneasiness had her debating how best to handle it. But it was his explanation that had her quirking a half smile. At least he was honest.

"Don't know that I've ever been called someone's date,"
she replied with another smile before canting her head to the side to look at him. "But if that tart's got eyes for you," she chanced a glance in the direction of the maid, "there'll be no changin' her mind." Uncrossing her legs and sitting properly in the chair she scooted it closer to the table, laying both forearms on the table to clasp her hands and leaning forward a bit. "I don't have a head for lyin' but... I s'ppose I can make an exception for a fellow smith."

Hadyn shot him a wink before sitting up straight. Tucking a dark strand of hair behind her ear she hailed the barmaid over with a casual hand. While this wasn't her intention she saw no harm in a little amusement with her drink. Especially having met another smith. The girl wove her way through the crowd, standing (with no small amount of pride) beside Tourmal. Hadyn leveled her gaze with the over-bosomed teen before giving her an empty smile.

"So good of you to see to m'fellow here," she drawled, brown eyes catching the girl's sternly despite her dulcet tone. "Now if you'd be so kind to get me a beer to wet my tongue. An' let me not catch you rubbin' your bits on him again. Think you can manage that?"

Hadyn Skellig
a blade for a beer

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Tourmal Firemane on January 16th, 2014, 10:51 pm

“When the woman agreed to his comment on drinking after work, he assumed that was just it. She enjoyed drinking after work, not realizing she too worked the forge. Tourmal replied with a nod when she stated she would be drinking with him. The thought entered his mind that there might be some small chance the two would end up together tonight, despite her being preoccupied with receiving the parcel she was waiting for.

As Hadyn listened to the plight that he currently found himself in she smiled. Tourmal felt reassured by it deciding that she would be more apt to fulfilling his request. After the woman remarked about the maids continuing advances, Tourmal commented, saying “I know, but a little cover fire fer tonigh would help a lot.” The Drykas listened to the Syliran's response affirming his preconcieved notion that she would help him, and piquing his interest in her even further. “A smith.” He said to himself but loud enough for her to hear trying to glean a response from her.

The man thought about it for a tick then the woman winked at him and hailed the barmaid. After seeing that both of them had hailed her she came over quickly. The scene was priceless. The girl stood next to Tourmal as Hadyn smiled curtly and proceeded to correct the young woman's actions sternly.

The maid stood still for a tick before responding. “I didn't... Uh.... Oh. Ahh!” She stammered bewildered at the situation. She had no idea that the two were together. They seemed like two patrons who just happened to get seated at the same place. Tourmal couldn't help but smile the whole time which blew some of his cover. The girl grew suspicious and her eyes squinted in anger. Was Tourmal and Hadyn messing with her or were they really together. After giving the female smith a furious stare she turned to the other smith and shot him one as well. The girl stomped back through the maze of chairs and tables huffing and puffing as she retrieved the two's drinks.

The woman came back with two pitchers one of ale and one of mead, “What would you like Ma'am.” putting extra emphasis on the ma'am ensuring her female counterpart understood her frustration. Then she turned her gaze over to Tourmal and poured him a drink of mead, already knowing his favorite beverage. She spilled slightly, the man could not tell if it was on purpose or accident she was quite angry which could have caused it or she merely did it on purpose to get the man's sleeve wet. Which she accomplished quite well. Well the joke was on her because the Drykas had grown quite fond of the scent of mead and thought it suited him well.

“Thank you.” He said putting up a gratified facade. He nodded to their server and nodded to Hadyn. Afterward the man turned his attention to Hadyn ignoring the poor girl who was still there burning up inside until she turned around and stomped back to her station again. “So you are a smith?” He said to his new acquaintance. He looked her up and down again trying to see if he could recollect some memory of her in the past. However he failed miserably as his attention was once again caught on her plump breast.

It lasted just a tick but when he caught himself he followed up with, “Where do you work? Sultros Blades?” He paused slightly. “I would have certainly noticed you if you worked at the Iron Works.” The man realized that he must have heard some of his co-workers talking about her before. It was likely either some stereotypical comment about how she is a woman and probably couldn't do much of anything or it was about how they viewed her as a piece of eye candy. Because let's face it she was rather nice looking especially for a smith. The man took another drink of his mead. “How do you like yer drink?” He asked.
Tourmal Firemane
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Hadyn Skellig on January 29th, 2014, 3:37 am

Hadyn remained in a state of ennui as the good barmaid went through the motions, her irritation receiving no acknowledgement from the older woman. The place was crawling with semi-eligible men and the brunette highly doubted this girl was as besotted with her companion as she pretended. Likely she was looking for a fellow to compliment and cozy her up for the evening. She turned her attention back to Tourmal after the barmaid sloughed off in a fit of annoyance.

"Somethin' tells me she isn't want for admirers," she commented with a grin before the girl returned. Hadyn's only reaction to her overemphasis of the word ma'am was to catch her gaze and wave a hand toward the ale. "That'll suit me," she replied dryly. When she finally left the brunette leveled her gaze with Tourmal as he spoke. She shrugged his appreciation off casually before taking a drink from her overfilled mug.

"Aye," Hadyn replied in answer to his question. "Been there for quite a while. Haven't stopped into Iron Works in a good three seasons," she admitted with the hint of a frown. "Eanos keeps me busy at the forge. Y'know any of our smiths? sure I've heard your name before." she paused to take another sip before raising the ale in question with a smile. "Drink's good enough." Setting the mug down she ran a finger around the rim to catch the alcohol before bringing it to her mouth. In truth she was a woman of hard liquor but ale and mead kept her content. Studying Tourmal for another tick she sat back, one hand dropping to the thigh of her crossed leg. Tilting her head she tried again to pick our where exactly she'd heard of him before.

"Where y'from originally?"

Hadyn Skellig
a blade for a beer

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Tourmal Firemane on February 11th, 2014, 4:12 am

The man smiled at her comment about the barmaid. The girl acted quite immaturely and left the two alone. The way that Hadyn received her drink in stride without dignifying the display the young lady had put on, impressed Tourmal greatly. He could not help but to laugh under his breath after she walked away. After he was finished laughing he had another drink of mead.

“Well I've been at the Iron works since Eanos was still working there.” The man thought for a sec. “Tis been bout 6 years that I been there.” He took another drink. “So I'm sure if yeh stopped by ye'd have seen me had ye taken a short tour of the forge. But then again maybe ye did and we just missed each other.” He looked the woman over once again, and shook his head. “Shame though, seeing your pretty face would have been quite refreshing, after looking at all the ugly mugs I normally do.”

“Aside from Eanos? Nah I don't think I do.” When she took a drink of her ale she remarked at its taste. So Tourmal joined her and took a drink of his own. Hadyn played with the rim of her mug and took another drink. Then looked at the man intently. Tourmal looked back just as intently. He wondered what she was thinking, he hoped it was that she wanted to get into his trousers. He would be all the willing. Where was he from? That was an easy question.

“Endrykas” The man said simply. “Born and raised, moved here in me late teens.” He looked at the woman across him. “How bout yeh?” He paused half expecting her answer to be Syliras. Her complexion seemed to fit. A large number of the ladies he had been with had the same complexion and Tourmal being a curious man asked them quite a bit of questions. It was his way of making bed companions. So he knew where nearly every one of them were born. That and he had an interest in the origin of names. Not to mention telling a woman her name was beautiful, or commenting on what he thought it resembled happened to get him into their good graces and sometimes even better places.
Tourmal Firemane
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Hadyn Skellig on February 18th, 2014, 2:47 am

"Endrykas, hm?" Hadyn took another sip, watching him over the rim before setting it down. "What possessed you t'leave the open lands for this prison?" she smiled with good nature, alluding to the feeling other travelers remarked upon while living within the walls of the city. As far as she was concerned Syliras was just fine. Wanderlust rarely grabbed her heart but she could understand the claustrophobia visitors claimed to experience. The hallways were narrow and sunlight was rare. Flashing Tourmal a smile the woman tilted her head toward the door.

"Syliras has always been my home," she answered, watching him with the slightest hint of interest. "Y'ought to drop by Sultros. I'm sure Eanos will be pleased to see you. An' I always enjoy a familiar face."

Moistening her lips the brunette averted her gaze from the man, scanning the tavern for Kevith. As much as she enjoyed this unexpected interlude her son was waiting for her. Returning brown eyes to her handsome companion Hadyn drained her mug. She didn't hail the barmaid again but neither did she make to leave, instead shifting her back against the chair as she offered Tourmal a grin.

Hadyn Skellig
a blade for a beer

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Next