Completed A cold companion

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

A cold companion

Postby Markus Andres on February 10th, 2014, 5:33 pm

Seeing the genuine and simple smile on her lips when she looked down at Shadow and accepted the name, made Markus feel happy on her behalf. The simple joys in life. However, he had a bigger problem on his hand now. For he knew where the pale beer was. He did not have a clue which of the other two, assuming that any of them contained ale to begin with, he recalled them only having three different kind of ales or lagers, and he had gotten the pale lager already. For a brief moment he looked perplexed and indecisive. Before shrugging and just getting to work. He grabbed a mug and guessed on the leftmost one and a dark caramel colour poured into the mug. It was either a success or his memory of the colour of ale was wrong and considering the condition his mind most often was in when he drank ale... His memory could not be trusted in this regard. He looked up at her and saw those wonderful emerald eyes look at him and he smiled back at her and shook her hand.

Well, Shiress of the Rearing Stallion would just have to complain if he had not gotten the right one. He was a knight, not a bartender. He handed her the mug with ale, for lady luck was on his side and it was indeed ale in the mug. He waited for her to taste it and subconsciously held his breath. He placed his own mug on the counter and went around to get right in front of Shiress. Ought to be interesting to see what damage Shadow had done to the poor lady. He let a grin split his lips.

"Heh, the company of the loud and drunk, I assume. Pleasure to meet you and I can take a look at it, but I make no promises." Markus said as he knelt down before her and gently raised the hem of her skirt to look at her wounded ankle. Well, it was swollen that much he would see. "Shadow is a good name. It is always good to see a stray be rescued from the streets." He gently held her heel and lifted her leg to get a better view in the light from the fire. He gently rubbed his chin as he looked at the injury. Well. He could wrap a symbolic piece of cloth around it, but he did not know enough about medicine or first aid to help in this case.

"I am sorry, Shiress, I am not qualified to help you here. But I can offer you a shoulder to lean against so we might get you to a healer? It would be good to get a qualified person to look at it, make sure everything is okay. I would rather not see you limping around in here tomorrow." Markus looked right up at her as he spoke. Dark green eyes looking into her emerald ones. The tone of voice was rather serious as he tried to convince her to accept his offer.
Markus Andres
The OTK

Words: 1104443
Joined roleplay: September 14th, 2010, 7:43 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Medals: 3
Featured Character (1) Trailblazer (1)
Overlored (1)

A cold companion

Postby Shiress on February 17th, 2014, 6:07 pm

Shiress accepted the mug with a grateful nod and lifted it to her lips, taking a healthy pull from the luke warm liquid as she watched the man round the bar and step toward her.

"You assume right" she replied, biting her lip, her emerald gaze still locked on the knight as he lifted and examined her ankle. His touch was gentle and soft, despite his armor. She found it hard to think about her injury. "and the pleasure is mine" she returned, her tone a bit more telling than she anticipated. She cleared her throat "it's about time I do the rescuing" she laughed "I'll keep him safe, for sure"

She caught his gaze as his eyes lifted. She could see the genuine concern on his face and it was confirmed in his voice. "I won't be" she said, tilting her head slightly "I'm off work for the next couple days. If it's all the same, I'd like to make it home" She gently pulled her leg away from his hands and situated her skirt back in place. "if you can just see the little beast and myself to my door, I would be much obliged.

Leaning over, she plucked a small clump of dark fur from the knights cheek, a soft smile creasing her lips "I'll manage from there, I promise" Leaning back she took a sip of ale and replaced the mug on the bar and slid Markus' around to him "but there is no reason to rush. Have a seat and tell me about Ser Markus, The Brave"

Moonlight drowns out all but the brightest stars

Character sheet
Shiress
Every path has a few puddles

Words: 918381
Joined roleplay: January 25th, 2013, 7:01 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 7
Featured Character (1) Featured Contributor (1)
Featured Thread (2) Mizahar Grader (1)
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

A cold companion

Postby Markus Andres on February 27th, 2014, 9:46 pm

Markus respected women who could handle their liquor and the way Shiress drank healthily with her first gulp was an indicator that she could hold her own. Or that she was unfamiliar with drinking and did not know her limits. Either way, Markus was going to have an interesting evening. When she countered his concern for her by explaining she were off for the next couple of days, Markus could relax. If she didn't have to waltz back and forth all evening to serve people, it should heal nicely. Then again he wasn't a healer, so he honestly didn't have a clue.

"Alright, I can do that - No use trying to convince you then. But please promise me you will go see a healer if it doesn't stop hurt in the next ten day or so." Markus probed her for a promise. He would trust that she would seek professional help if the pain didn't go away. But for now, he might as well enjoy himself. He smirked when she called him ser Markus the brave. It had a nicer ring to it than ser Kitten Wrangler, certainly left a small blush on his cheeks.

"There is not much to tell, as you probably have guessed, I am a knight and have been that or a squire before for most of my life. So naturally I spend most of my time training and carrying out my duties for the order. I worship the good gods of Syliras and Wysar and I am usually stationed at the docks. I spend my free time saving fair maidens from dangerous shadow-beasts." Markus' smile grew a bit as he looked at Shadow and reached out to stroke the little creature with a finger. Gently purring in the arms of Shiress. Markus grabbed the mug of ale, partly to get a drink, partly to think of something more intelligent than shadow-beast for conversational topic and deities. Although he did wonder what gods a barkeep worshipped. As long as it wasn't Rhysol and the evil gods, he would be okay. It had been a while since he had last had small talk with someone, while since he had been interested in small talk.

"And well, I am originally from Zeltiva, ever been there?" He asked, trying to turn the conversation back to her, get a little ball playing and forget about the past quarter of a season. Been more miserable days than good days. He gulped down another mouthful of ale.
Markus Andres
The OTK

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Overlored (1)

A cold companion

Postby Shiress on March 13th, 2014, 3:32 pm

"Ten days, promise." With another gulp of ale, Shiress sat the mug down, pulled Shadow to her chest and leaned back, crossing one leg over the other as Markus continued speaking. With a full belly, the tiny feline was content against Shiress and commenced to kneading in very delicate places, despite the girl's best efforts to relocate the kitten to less painful areas.

Shiress listened as the knight filled her in and, even though her eyes were planted on her new friend, she heard every word. When the man mentioned the names of gods, she glanced up briefly, smiling respectfully at his admitted faith. That impressed her. She didn't know a lot about the gods, and the ones she did know about were the ones you would pray to for protection, healing, or simply to stay alive and of course, Bala, the beautiful Goddess the girl had met long ago.

The attention craving beast, now purring loudly, reared up and nuzzled against Shiress' chin, causing a broad smile to part the girl's lips. As she continued to listen, her fingertips scratched gently at the bottom of the kitten's ears. That is until Markus mentioned Zeltiva.

Looking up, her green eyes widened as she sat straight. Shadow, now annoyed with the interruption, jumped down and slipped beneath the chair Shiress was sitting in, licking his paw for a fresh cleaning. A million questions entered Shiress' mind, but none could make it out of her mouth. For a tick, she glared dumbly at Markus. It had been a long while, if ever, since she had met anyone from Zeltiva.

Finally, she blinked, licking her lips before she spoke "Yes, I have been there! I mean, I'm from there. Zeltiva is my home." she did little to hide the excitement in her voice "Are you from there? Do you know Zane, my brother, or Lorna, my mother? Maybe Zachiah? When was the last time you have been there?" Scooting up to the edge of her chair, she eagerly awaited the green eyed man's reply

A hundred more questions loomed on the tip of the girls tongue. She knew, depending on what Markus may tell her, that the knowledge that she had ached to know for seasons upon seasons may lie in the tale's of a knight.

SorryI appologize for the wait, Markus. Thank you for being patient :)

Character sheet
Shiress

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

A cold companion

Postby Markus Andres on March 18th, 2014, 1:33 am

Markus was surprised by her sudden reaction to the revelation. Happily surprised! There could be little doubt this beautiful woman also had a connection to the merchant city! The way her emerald eyes livened up and got a light in them, he was intrigued. He wanted her, he couldn't deny that. Markus could hope her relations with their shared home town were better than his. There were many bad memories in there, things he didn't want to think about. He patiently waited for Shiress to get her wits to her. The way her tongue licked her lips before she spoke. When the question finally came, it was not alone. But several one after another. Barely giving Markus time to think of a response before the next name or follow up question followed. Shadow too seemed overwhelmed as he jumped from her lap and took refuge under the chair.

Shiress mentioned people. Her family. People she loved and cared for. Loved ones she might not have heard from in a long time. Markus felt sorry for her, the way her face had lighted up when he had revealed his ancestry and now he had no news for her. He sighed and shook his apologetically as he hesitated for a moment. Off hand gently tapping his lower lip as he thought.

”Sorry, I do not know any of them.” It pained him to extuinguish the light in her eyes. But he reached out and put a comforting hand on her shoulder, squeezing it lightly. ”I am from Zeltiva, but I left the city many years ago. Back before I became a teenager. Only been back once since, in summer, last year. But I was only there briefly before I had to move on again. I am sorry I couldn't be more helpful. If it is a small consolation, the city looked to be doing okay.” Markus said, trying his best to comfort the woman. Though subconsciously he had begun to speak with a clear Zeltivan accent, different from his normal speech pattern by far. He had not noticed this himself and he took a healthy drink from the mug. A quarter of the pale beer left. He needed to slow down his consumption. Did not want to seem eager to leave. Or nervous of the company. Shiress was pleasant company. Easy to talk with and gentle to animals. When he put the mug down he had decided upon a method, his calm but steady gaze was upon her pleasing chestnut brown hair. Eyes steadily moving across her face. She still looked beautiful after Her amazing emerald eyes shining in the light of the bar. They completed the picture.

”Your eyes look amazing in this light.” Enough of a cover to move closer. Perhaps not, but he still moved the chair closer to her. She had eyes he could get lost in as the bells raced by. ”I have always been fond of emerald green eyes. Especially when the rest of the woman is also attractive.” Markus had a small smile on his lips as he spoke. Before bringing the subject closer to heart. ”What about you Shiress? When did you last see our hometown?”
Markus Andres
The OTK

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Overlored (1)

A cold companion

Postby Shiress on March 20th, 2014, 5:17 pm

Shiress glanced away, her face straightening with disappointment. Green eyes fell to her lap as she twisted and pushed at the golden band wrapped around her slim finger. Markus' admittance was a let down, but one she figured was coming. The thought of never knowing, never finding out about her family made her heart sink. Then again, never finding out their fate could be a good thing too. Where there is a doubt, there is also a hope.

Lifting her eyes, she could see the knights own disappointment in his "It's OK" she said, pulling his hand from her shoulder to hold it between her own in her lap. She smiled "It's good to know the city still stands." She added "it holds a lot of memories for me"

The good ones, anyway

Mimicking the man's movement, she too reached for her mug and brought it to her lips, pulling a good amount of its liquid contents into her mouth, before returning it to the bar. Raising her eyes, Shiress caught the knights gaze as he studied her. A sheepish grin played against her lips as she tucked a loose strand of hair behind her ear "What?" she inquired, looking away shyly before sliding her eyes back up to look sidelong at her companion.

The man's words caused a flush to settle in the girl's cheeks, but she didn't look away again. Instead, she straightened her head, leveling her gaze with his as he moved closer. Markus was a beautiful specimen of a man, clad in armor with a sword by his side. She knew this at first sight, but the more he spoke, coupled with the way he looked at her, mere curiosity for the man was driven away and quickly replaced with a desire that had long been felt. Very long.

"It's been a long time.." she replied, her voice trailing off as she leaned forward and pressed her lips gently against his. The girl was obviously taken by the moment and completely lost in the grip of the handsome man's words. But, just as fast as she had acted, she recoiled from the thoughtless gesture and blushed "I'm so sorry" she said, covering her lips with her fingertips as she leaned back again in her chair "I shouldn't have done that. Forgive me"

Why, in the name of all the gods, did I just do that

Character sheet
Shiress

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

A cold companion

Postby Markus Andres on March 25th, 2014, 1:34 am

25-Winter-513
The knight could see as the disappointment crossed her face. He didn't particularly care much for that emotion and it annoyed him greatly that he was the cause. The expression that replaced was far better and the charming smile upon his lips fed off of her flushed cheeks. Her eyes didn't not waver from his when the sweet compliments rolled off of his tongue. Her voice trailed off as she spoke, Markus didn't have time to raise a curious brow, before her lips where against his. The knight was surprised by how direct she was being. Instinctively the knight kissed her back. Eagerly. Soft lips, the taste of alcohol upon them, not a bad thing. For the few ticks their kiss lasted, Markus was content. Then she broke the kiss short. Markus followed her lips, but she moved too fast for him to keep up, then he knew the kiss was over. Opening his eyes and looking into her beautiful emerald eyes.

Confusion caught his mind as she apologized. Strange words from a beautiful woman. Apologize for an enjoyable, if brief, kiss? Nonsense. He almost considered not replying and just brushing aside her apology and not dignify it with an answer. Perhaps there was something else holding her back. His eyes looked to her finger. The golden band that she had fidgeted with earlier. Perhaps he had been hasty assuming that Zachiah had been her father.

Markus felt terrible as that thought crossed his mind. He was an honourable man, coming between a man and a woman. It was breaching the trust between a man and a woman. Dishonouring them all. The knight as the instrument. He shook his head slowly in disbelief. He was a firm believer in Yahal and the lord's ideals of being faithful. He would have to pray for forgiveness, to both him and Tyveth. There could be no other way. The woman slid back in her chair. Creating physical distance between the two. It was for the better. Best not to tempt one another in their early stages of inebriation. She may have initiated the kiss, but he had returned it and been the instigator. As much of the blame lay upon him as it did her.

"No- no." Markus responded quickly as he slid back in his chair as well. Should have been obvious! "I made the first move. I should not have, please accept my apology. I did not wish to come between you and Zachiah." Markus lowered his head in a shameful apology.
Markus Andres
The OTK

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Overlored (1)

A cold companion

Postby Shiress on March 25th, 2014, 6:43 pm

So, the Knight's words meant what she thought?

His words did, in fact, make her feel better about her sudden act, but the fact that Markus felt the need to apologize renewed the guilty shadow creeping up her spine. Why were things such as this so difficult and why did she always have to second guess herself?

Shiress lifted her gaze just as Markus lowered his, green eyes wide with revelation.

He thinks Zachiah is my..husband? She thought, glancing down to the golden band. no wonder..

A knowing grin spread across the girl's features as she lifted her face again. The man was virtuous, to be true, and kindhearted, but it was his undeniably pleasant features that set a fire within the barmaid. Should she be so bold?

Sliding out of the chair, Shiress stood and leaned forward, planting one hand against the back of the Knight's chair as the other lifted his chin, long chestnut hair slipping past her shoulders as she spoke "Zachiah, is my father." she said, her voice barely a whisper, as her eyes met with his, her senses suddenly surging.

She wanted him. She wanted to taste him and the longing to do so quickly grew unbearable. The hand beneath his chin slid up and cupped his cheek as she leaned over and brought her lips to his again. With one hand still grasping the back of the chair, she slipped effortlessly, and without much thought, over his armor, and lowered herself in his lap, her lips never parting from his. Shiress was lost now, uncontrolled and thoughtless, within the grasp of desire. She couldn't stop now even if she wanted to. Markus would have to stop her, though, she prayed that he wouldn't.

Pausing, she pulled back slightly, her heart pounding against her chest, plump lips lingering just a hair from his. "Please" she breathed, trembling and flushed "tell me that you want me as bad as I want you" She then pressed her body fully against his as her slim fingers coiled around the blonde waves at the back of the his head, pulling him hard against her as she kissed him, her tongue slipping past her parted lips to dash across his, passionately seeking passage between them.

Character sheet
Shiress

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

A cold companion

Postby Markus Andres on March 27th, 2014, 2:00 pm

The knight stares shamefully into the ground. Saw her feet as she got up and moved closer. The woman stood before him. An arm stretched by his head. Surprised he was about to look up, when a hand by his chin did it for him. Leading his eyes to her. Long wonderful chestnut hair falling around her attractive face. Fingers by his chin leading him to look up into her beautiful features. Unable to comprehend what was going on. If she expected him to continue knowing she had a husband, then she had underestimated his resolve. Those next soft words took a second to register. Then a large smile appeared on his lips as he gazed into her emerald eyes. She were not married. There was no need to seek forgiveness. Nor was there a need to rein in his passion, he could give himself fully to his desire.

Her gently cupping of his face was pleasant, but hardly sufficient, he wanted to taste her lips again. His wish was fulfilled when their lips met. Sweet plumb lips against his. Their taste euphoric. Returning her kiss amorously. Feeling her settle down in his lap the edges of his mouth twirled up before he pressed against her lips fully. Right hand moving up her thigh over to her lower back. Left hand up her side, under her arm and to the base of her neck. Feeling her warmth. She broke their kiss, the knight was displeased with this, but he would allow it. Briefly. Her words. Encouraging. Invigorated him more than she could imagine. When their lips met again. There was nothing holding him back any more. He would have her and she would crave for him. Lips pressed against each other hard, full of lust for the other. Markus wanted to be rid of his armour, feel her body against his. Their warmth mixing. He felt her tongue come out and he rolled his own tongue around hers. Right hand moved further down on her back. It was good, it was satisfying to feel her lips and their tongues playing. But he wanted more.

But not for long. He would lift her as he stood up. Lips still firmly against hers as he leant her back and laid her down on the bar. Briefly breaking their kiss. Spending a tick or two looking into her eyes. Before kissing her roughly again and again.

"If we get rid of my armour, you will feel how bad I want you." He whispered lustfully before kissing her again. Letting her start on the armour.
Markus Andres
The OTK

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Overlored (1)

A cold companion

Postby Shiress on March 28th, 2014, 12:07 am

Shiress knew the Knight wanted her, desired her just as she desired him. She had her answer. His mouth, lips and tongue, even the way his hand slid down her back, all worked in unison to dwindle any doubt that may have lingered.

For as -very- inexperienced and naive as she was, Shiress knew exactly where this was going and where it would end; A mindless and thoughtless journey, driven solely by the lustful desires of the flesh, that would, in the end, relinquish a need so great that it abolishes self-restraint. This need was engulfing Shiress and it was unbearable.

Somewhere inside her, the girl knew she should stop. She knew Markus was a stranger that she didn't really know anything about, she didn't even know the man's last name. Perhaps she should have shied away or just walked away, just as she had done before, but it was different somehow. It felt different to Shiress. Maybe it was the dim, shadowy lantern light catching the amber hue that encircled the green of the Knight's eyes, the feel of her fingers entwined in his wavy, blonde locks, or the golden color that his armor took as he moved that made the difference. Shiress didn't know, nor did she care. She just wanted him. All of him.

Adrift in the pleasure of tasting his kiss, Shiress was barely conscious that she was being lifted. She felt the worn, splintered surface of the bar against her back, and Markus's soft lips against hers, before an unwanted respite caught her breathless. Markus paused, gazing down on her, and then spoke, his words intensifying her cravings for him. As he lowered again to kiss her, Shiress lifted, meeting his lips with hers as he descended, and pressed her way up and slung her legs around to sit on the edge of the bar in front of Markus.

Eager, impatient fingers fumbled blindly at the leather straps and ties at the Knight's armored chest and shoulders, as her lips still searched his. Part of her wanted him to remain in his armored attire, it enticed her, but still, she eagerly pulled and pushed at the metal barrier between them. Piece by piece, the armor came away, dropping to the floor with a clang and clank. Their lips parted briefly for Shiress to hastily slide a chain mail shirt over the Knights head, followed by a shirt of softer fabric. She pulled and pulled until the man finally stood shirtless before her, the floor around them littered with metal and cotton. She paused, lowering her gaze, to admire the physique of a warrior that stood before her.

Shiress let her fingertips glide down the ripples of his stomach as the others curled around the back of his neck, pulling him forward. She brushed the flesh of his neck with her lips, her tongue slipping free to taste the tender skin there. Her hand left her prize to pull at the laces of her bodice, and, as it broke free and plummeted to the floor, she began tugging at her blouse. The loose fabric effortlessly fell over her shoulders, revealing the soft, silky lines of her firm breast. Shiress found the knight's hand and guided him to her chest "Touch me" she beckoned, her voice low and sensual, as she pushed his hand beneath her blouse.

In a deep, shadowed corner of her mind, Shiress was conscious of the hideous scars that riddled her body, but the sensation that filled her, as Markus's hand brushed against the erect and sensitive middle of her breast, caused an ache to take root deep within her core.

There was no going back now

Character sheet
Shiress

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

PreviousNext