Closed A Walk in the Woods [Seng, Noven & Garret]

Serta get's a helping hand from some mercenaries and helps them track a bear in return.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A lawless town of anarchists, built on the ruins of an ancient mining city. [Lore]

Moderator: Morose

A Walk in the Woods [Seng, Noven & Garret]

Postby Serta on January 8th, 2014, 3:29 am

The corner of Serta's lip lifted slightly at the first question from Garret and tilted her head, considering her answer for a moment. She had never give any in depth thought to why she had chosen Sunberth, other than the fact that it suited her life experience. "Not sure," She replied, shrugging. "It's hard for me to find work that isn't illegal, it seems that that's all I'm good at. Its hard for my kind to learn to read and whatever else is needed for a 'socially acceptable' job. It doesn't really matter where I go, Kelvics are always a target for someone." She answered shrugging.

Next she turned her attention to Senghor as he spoke, not looking at her. Serta gazed at the man, trying to figure out his motive as he challenged her to bring back a kill, as though he doubted her. She could tell by the others reaction, Noven, that he was surprised by the order as well, and she felt slightly better.

"Fine." She snapped, slipping her bag off of her shoulder and dumping it at his feet, eyes narrowed. She turned on her heal and marched into the trees without sparring them a glance. After a few ticks of walking she stopped and looked back over her shoulder, checking to ensure that she was out of sight before she stripped off as quickly as she could. she undid the laces in her books first, though she didn't take her feet out until she was stark naked and had hung her clothes over a low branch. Stepping out of the books she shifted quickly, the slow hungry grumble she had had before growing to a dull pang as the coloured lights twisted around her skin as she traded it for fur. Finally on four legs she shook out her fur, stretching her front legs out as she tilted her head up, sniffing at the air. From where she was she could only smell the damp of the woods and the men behind her. They need to bathe more often. She thought to herself, muzzle wrinkling.

She started forward, sniffing the air every few meters, eyes scanning as she weaved between trees. A narrow deer run caught her eye and she nearly jumped with joy, bounding over it to sniff and study the run for tracks. She huffed, disappointed as she realised that any tracks had been covered up by the earlier snow. She turned and followed the run further into the trees, carefully to watch for any disturbances in the snow.

A further fifteen or so chimes later she all but struck gold. Numerous arrow shaped tracks joined the trail before her, so fresh they were practically steaming. Stepping forward Serta pressed her nose into one of the tracks sniffing deeply and studying the shape carefully. She ran through the animals she had seen, heard or smelt in the woods in the past few days, comparing their size and shape to the look of the track. She settled on deer finally, concluding that the size and shaped matched a hoof, the smell fit as well.

She followed the tracks, carefully taking in ever change as one animals tracks crossed over the other or detoured of the run for a few meters before returning. Four. she decided, counting carefully. Five at most. It only took another five chimes before the heavy scent of deer hit her and she slowed, legs bending until her furred belly was dragging across the snow. She stalked slowly, carefully. As she drew closer to the scent a clearing opened ahead of her. She slowed to a stop a meter or so from its opening and watched, nearly drooling. Four deer were grazing ahead, scraping at the snow with their arrow shaped hooves. Her muzzle pulled into the closest thing she had to a smile as she watched them, carefully crawling forward as her eyes flicked from one to the other. Which one, which one... she wondered to herself, instantly dismissing the two largest, a doe and a young buck. The next, an older female, looked slower though she stuck close to the buck and was further away than Serta could comfortably sprint. The last, a yearling doe, seemed more daring, grazing away from the others and was the closest to Serta.

Eyes focusing on the smaller yearling, Serta waited patiently for the prime moment, the yearling had strayed even closer and had turned its face away, large eyes looking off into the woods opposite of Serta as it grazed, pulling at roots. She took her chance and gathered her legs beneath her, muscles bunching and then pulling taunt as she launched herself forward, front paws slamming into the ground before launching her forward, launching her forward again. By her second bound the doe was looking around in fear and by her third Serta was slamming into it, jaws snapping dangerously close to its face. It jerked its head away in fear as it feel into the snow, Serta's front paws pressing heavily into its back. The other deer called out warnings and bolted, no doubt expecting the rest of a pack to follow her out of the tree line. The deer struggled and Jaspers snow wet paw slipped off, her head smacking against the does back as it surged up in a frenzied attempt to get away. She snarled and grabbed onto the deer, teeth sinking into its side to keep it from getting too far. She tossed her head and with a high pitched, almost human scream the deer fell into the snow again, sharp hooves kicking at her. Serta gathered herself and surged forward, jaws snapping shut against the yearlings throat. She shock her head and sighed in relief as the deers bones cracked and it fell limp.

Panting from the struggle Serta sat back, staring down at the deer. The adrenaline pumping in her veins had banished her hunger and she suspected if she were to eat now she'd just end up bringing it up later. After catching her breath she sealed her teeth over the does neck once again and began pulling her out of the clearing.

Dragging the body back to her clothes was the most tiresome part of the whole experience, the deer was nearly as large as herself and its limp body and spindly legs kept getting stuck on tree roots and trunks. Finally reaching her clothes she dropped the kill and shifted, dressing quickly. The chill returned quickly without her think, insulating fur and she shivered as she crammed her feet back into her boots. Turning back to the doe she grabbed it by its hind legs and hoisted them over her shoulder, grunting under the weight that had seemed so much less as a wolf. Turning she dragged it back to the clearing where part of her hoped they were still waiting so she could show off her kill.
Serta
The Woman is Wild

Words: 32146
Joined roleplay: February 22nd, 2013, 8:50 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Garret Sawyer on January 8th, 2014, 8:24 pm

"So what are we going to do with her?" Garret asked, as soon as she disappeared out of view. It had to be asked, Garret was unsure if Senghor was just trying to get rid of her so they could leave her in the forest while they headed back or if he had some other plan with his strange regret. Still, he found it peculiar that she hadn't even argued with his request, perhaps she was meeker than Garret had originally thought. "We should leave now" Garret thought, mulling over all the possible options "Or at least dump her at the edges of Sunberth, I don't want anyone linking her back to me or the other way around, I ain't willing to get killed for that girl"

He paced around the forest, circling his comrades as he listened to their replies, all the while waiting for her to stumble back towards them saying it was all a big lie, or that she couldn't do it but begging for them to believe her all the same. Garret wasn't sure, he didn't trust her, he was still convinced she was hiding more, something more important than that, something dark, but maybe that was just his cynical voice talking "Not everyone has to have a bleedin' dark secret" he thought, chastising himself silently, but then again she had just told them that she was a Kelvic quick enough, perhaps where she was from it didn't mean much but it certainly did here.

It had been a few chimes now, of course it was to be expected when hunting, it is hardly something that takes only a couple of chimes but Garret was no hunter so without the rush of combat to entertain him, and with no ale around to drink, he had decided to put his shield and his bundle of furs to one side to get some practice in with his axes. "She's been gone a while" He thought as he picked out a tree, opposite where his comrades stood for obvious reasons, he had never claimed to be an expert with these weapons and that wasn't going to change anytime soon "Maybe she used this as a chance to leg it" he wondered as he placed his right foot behind the left, trying to keep his knees loose as he scoped out a tree directly in front of him. "Nah, why would she run? She needs us right now." A sudden burst of motion erupted from his right arm as he propelled his weapon forward, the axe slicing through the air as it spun forwards. Then with a resounding thud Garret missed. Well he had managed to hit the tree, not a particularly impressive feat considering the rather meagre distance between them. In fact, instead of the axe head hitting the tree, the handle had struck it instead and bounced of uselessly as a result.

"Bloody thing under spun, or over spun I guess" He thought as he analyzed the throw, stepping back a couple of paces. Slipping back into his stance, he raised his other axe up and closed his left eye as he aimed for the tree a second time. His arm jolted forward, his grip slackened as he released the axe once more. But the direction didn't seem quite right as it soared towards the tree, "Oh for fu-" He muttered as the axe went wide, just skimming the bark off the tree as it flew past it. "I must have held on to long" he thought as he wandered over to collect both the axes "So my arm twisted slightly, sending it off over there"

Just as he was about to throw his axe once more he heard a slight rustling sound, he turned back to his comrades, both his eyebrow and axe raised, wondering if they too had heard it.
Dead before bowed.
Fallon, I didn't thread because I was scared you would kill Garret, I know the rules perfectly. It was simply because I didn't like you, when I logged on and saw a bunch of veterans complaining that they couldImage not find threads and newbies should approach them because they are so much better us new people, I just thought one thing. What a bunch of cunts.

The Broken Shackles
Garret Sawyer
You got gold? Good, who do you want dead?

Words: 114969
Joined roleplay: November 24th, 2013, 10:24 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Senghor Vilhjalmr on January 9th, 2014, 11:59 pm

A violent gust of warm breath burst from his sighing lips when the Kelvic left their presence and disappeared into the embrace of the woodlands, he bent down and wrapped his palm around her bag and swung it over his shoulder.

"We're going to see if what she says is true... An if it proves true, we'll have gotten ourselves something to eat tonight" he said whilst inclining his head in Garrets direction, Seng was sceptic about what she said, he'd heard people claim that they were Kelvic before yet those were drunks in the Pig's Foot who either wanted a quick death or a euphoric high from such things.

His eyes narrowed as he heard rustling in the woods afar and bit down on his jaw, he was anticipating a woman to walk out and prove his scepticism true that after a chime it died down and he was beginning to actually believe her.

After a couple more chimes the stoic Vilhjalmr had moved from his standing position to leaning again the umbrella of the tree leaves whilst waiting for her to return, he knew (moreso felt) that she wouldn't she wouldn't just leave them there to wait, they had her belongings.

"If she doesn't return soon, she'll be dead on the second night" he stated, referring to the harsh environment they lived in, predators roamed well in the winter because there was no food, and whatever walked and had a heartbeat was good enough for them.

Senghor heard Garret mutter something before the rustle came from the direction she'd disappeared too and than she returned, Seng shifted his position from the tree and went to the girl, dragging a doe with her.

'By Lhex, she's a Kelvic...' he thought as he mind came to grips with the truth, he moved towards the woman dragging the game and his hand descent down and held onto jaw, mustering his strength he pulled into the clearing...

He couldn't waste time, the large animal fell with a thud near the pelts he carried, all his mind could do now was make him remember that he had to do what he had to do before the blood of animal was cold, he turned around and knelt down. His right arm reached for a tear in its neck and with his index and middle finger, he dipped his fingers in the open wound and scooped up some blood.

Standing up and walking towards Serta he smeared it on her face whilst his left hand ran through her cold hair and ruffled it up, its structure was destroyed, messy and almost looking ravaged. His right hand fell onto her shirt before he stopped himself, No... He couldn't take it that far.

With the blood on her face, and her hair a mess he only but turned back to doe and looked back at Serta.

"You'll carry the doe back to Sunberth with us, no questions asked..." he ordered, in this cruelty Senghor was fashioning a plan that would help her unknowingly, he didn't tell anybody his plan just yet but he'd had constructed as soon as the began trudging back to Sunberth.

Unknown to all but Seng, what done was use the blood of the doe to make it seem as if though she was fighting for her life with bandits, the messy hair added the affect of struggle yet what he was counting on was that when she dragged the animal back that it'd weigh her down and give the image of a weary and defeated woman... It was a long shot yet the Vilhjalmr was planning on it working perfectly as soon as they walked into the city.

"C'mon let's move..." he said as he turned back towards the pelts he'd collected, it didn't take long before he had swung over his other shoulder bumping into her bag with each forward...
From the soil we came, From the soil we conquered,
My past is dead, my path dark, my rage is the herald of my blade.
Kudos goes to Alea for help with my CS.

Back, but Expect slow replies.
Senghor Vilhjalmr
Player

Words: 273907
Joined roleplay: March 28th, 2013, 11:03 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Noven on January 10th, 2014, 2:51 am

"If she doesn't return soon, she'll be dead on the second night."

Staring at where the Kelvic had disappeared into the forest, Nov dropped his burdens and rolled his shoulders, his expression indifferent. "Aye," he muttered, "then she'll no longer be our problem..."

Thud. There he goes again. The crazy bastard never rests.

It'd been a while since Serta had gone off to fulfill Seng's demands. Strange girl, to be so willing to prove herself. Thud. As Noven watched Garret chuck one ax after another, he couldn't help but wonder if it was possible there was another human being in Sunberth with less of a social life than he. Whack. All work and no play, this guy was. In fact, he couldn't recall if he'd ever seen the merc do anything other than...being a merc.

Not that he had anything against that, 'o course. The cook had half a mind to join in the weapon throwing exercise when a faint rustling pricked his ears. Nov turned, just in time to see the woman return, dragging a dead doe behind her.

His mouth opened slightly in surprise. "Well, I'll be damned. Guess we really are going to have a decent meal tonight."

Seng, however, seemed to have more serious thoughts on his mind. He ordered the woman to carry the doe back to Sunberth, and Nov couldn't help but frown, mulling over what his friend might have planned.

Well, he mulled for about five ticks. Then he huffed and threw his belongings back on his shoulder, ready to get moving again.

"Whatever it is you're planning," he grinned at Seng's broad back. "I hope it doesn't get in the way of me cooking us some fine, sizzling venison."

Noven
Taste my fist

Words: 816073
Joined roleplay: December 16th, 2013, 11:11 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Featured Thread (1) 2014 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Una Tanta on March 2nd, 2014, 7:18 pm

Garret :
Experience:
Hunting +1
Interrogation +1
Leadership +2
Morningstar +1
Observation +5
Rhetoric +1
Shield +1
Socialization +1
Throwing Axe +2

Lore:
Serta: Wolf Kelvic
Understanding: Actions and Promises Differ
Differentiating Human Feces & Bear Feces
[/list]

Noven :
Experience:
Hunting +1
Observation +5
Socialization +2
Stealth +1
Tactics +1
Tamos +1

Lore:

Other:

It was unclear what weapon you were using so let me know if this isn't the right weapon XP.

[/list]

Senghor :
Experience:
Hunting +1
Observation +5
Stealth +1
Negotiation +2
Tactics +2

Lore
Bear Pelts Sell Well in Winter

Note:
There was unfortunately a lot of godmodding in your posts here. Just keep an eye on your skills while you are fighting in the future to avoid the problem. Otherwise this was a delightful thread!

[/list][/spoiler]

Serta :
Experience:
Bagh Nahk +1
Hunting +1
Intimidation +2
Observation +5
Socialization +2
Subterfuge +1
Stealth +1
Tracking +1

Lore:
Role: appearance in intimidation
Garret: Bottom of the pack
Senghor: Alpha

Other:
Also, keep in mind your hunting is relatively low so it would be more realistic to hunt something smaller and with more detail than an entire deer.

[/list]

Loot:

You may hand these out between you all as you see fit. Whomever gets the ring needs to contact Twister so it can be added to your SS thread. Seng may of course get his fair share of the loot but he can't add it to his CS until he has updated it.

-2 torn leather jackets. These aren't warm but the material could be useful for other things.
-3 Belts
-2 Dagger Sheaths
-1 Serrated Dagger
-6 Cheap Trinket Bracelets
-1 Ring: The ring was acquired by the thieves several years ago from a traveller who acquired it in Lhavit. When a greedy presence approaches the ring it vanishes, as if to protect itself. Only those that appreciate beauty and craftsmanship can see it. It will be found in the bottom of one of the Dagger Sheaths.

Furs:
1 Wolf Pelt
1 Brown Dog Pelt
1 Racoon Pelt
2 Brown Cat Pelts
1 Grey Squirrel Pelt

Please don't be afraid to PM me with any questions ^-^ and please don't forget to edit your grading request to "graded".
Una Tanta
Be The "One Day"

Words: 371301
Joined roleplay: May 15th, 2013, 2:11 am
Race: Charoda
Character sheet
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Featured Contributor (1)

Previous