Closed [The Dust Bed] A Grave Matter (Fallon)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A lawless town of anarchists, built on the ruins of an ancient mining city. [Lore]

Moderator: Morose

[The Dust Bed] A Grave Matter (Fallon)

Postby Caela Dorin on February 9th, 2014, 1:29 pm

x
OOCSorry for the delay. Hope to be a bit faster in future

How someone's countenance could change so drastically and so suddenly was something that Caela couldn't understand. The woman didn't look defeated, just tired, or maybe fed up with it all, whatever "it all" was. Her face had become curiously blank, her lack of expression and her suddenly glazed eyes giving away nothing of her thoughts. The unexpected change made the dancer feel uneasy but she didn't look away from the woman. The only explanation that she had for the change was her words. Whether the words themselves (which had seemed fairly harmless to her ears), or thoughts sparked by them, Caela couldn't know and she could only be left guessing. She wasn't even sure if her presence was still remembered as the other seemed to have gone off into her own little world, moving off to examine the graves near to where her wolf had taken refuge.

When she spoke at last, finally acknowledging the Sunberthian's existence, her words carried a threat although her tone did not reflect it. Her gestures backed it up however, movements encompassing her weapons and the wolf that was so near at hand. When she brought the morality of the situation into question however, Caela found herself confused. She'd shot a number of simple (somewhat) questions at the woman, concerning possible remorse for the actions of her beast and yet she was acting as if the young woman had brought up some great issue that was morally debatable.

The woman continued speaking, her gaze fixed upon her, adding to Caela's confusion of the situation. Demands? She'd just wanted some manner of apology, a courtesy that could be so easily given and yet she was acting as if she'd asked her for something difficult to come by. Yes, courtesy in Sunberth could be somewhat lacking, sure but this seemed ridiculous in her eyes.

"If I was you, I'd apologise. It wouldn't be that difficult. It isn't as if I demanded for you to slaughter your beast, or to repay me for the damage done to my possessions. An apology, some sign of remorse, that's all. I don't understand what your problem is with anything that I've just said," the woman shot back, folding her arms across her chest. Her eyes narrowed as she examined the other. "If it's really that much of a hassle for you then you can forget about it and we can part ways." She regarded the other in silence for a few moments, her eyes just as serious as the stranger's. "And they don't sleep, they're dead and I see no problem in damning and cussing in front of them. I don't see any problem using language that I use in ordinary life. I talked like that when my mother was alive and I doubt that she cares about it more now that she's under the ground than she did when she was still above it."

x
Caela Dorin
Seductress

Words: 472136
Joined roleplay: January 1st, 2014, 12:00 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Overlored (1) 2014 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Fallon on February 20th, 2014, 11:02 pm

And that was where Fallon was troubled. It was clear this was the issue with the way her once blank canvas expression creased and the way her finger tips rubbed at her jaw. Though not necessarily a bad one as such, more correctly it was something she had trouble comprehending. Digits drummed, a low rock on her heels. How odd.

"I don't think I'm being slow or dim-witted here, but... I don't actually understand what I've done wrong to warrant an apology," she eventually spoke with a confused expression. It was far from rude or abrupt, instead it was slow and well thought out, as if she truly was thinking. The fingers continued to massage, a slow recalling of events the best she could. The time was broken down, cut and segmented out as she formed a process of actions and responses in her mind and then promptly began to count upon her fingers.

"You asked about biting, I said maybe and he went over," she cocked her thumb back to Orvin - who's head was resting dopily on top of a grave stone, "You squeaked, I tried to pull him away. I mean, you shouted and then screamed, then I managed to shift him... I did ask if you were okay right? I'm not sure," her brow knit into a line, a serious expression of contemplation unlike her previous ones. Cheeks puffed, a hum escaping as her feet shuffled. How bothersome and confusing, "But you got up okay, then just started shouting and raising your voice. And even said so yourself that everything was fine. Or did I imagine that?" Frustrated she huffed, "I don't know. I'm not good at this."

Hands clasped together, wringing tightly and then releasing. Words came only as a mumble now, "I would apologise, if I knew what I did wrong. I mean, I thought I was helping. Obviously not. Sorry for wasting your time." Eyes averted and looked away, turning off into the distance and the far off direction of the ocean. On the subject of the dead however, Fallon could still give only a snippet of a response,"So you have no respect for their memory or what they have done? That's a shame. Guess we all have different views on things though."
FALLON
Fallon | Coffee Codes | Skill Images

Fallon is a Master of Intimidation, "At this level, a Master intimidator often unconsciously intimidates their target unless the intimidator monitors their stance, tone, and actions to prevent this. Master intimidators will nearly always have a reputation that precedes them unless they have taken special care to prevent it."
Fallon
The Red Wolf

Words: 2242110
Joined roleplay: January 21st, 2013, 4:24 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 9
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Artist (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Caela Dorin on March 24th, 2014, 11:37 pm

x
The dancer puffed up, clearly ready to yell her thoughts back at the other woman but she stopped, noticeably deflating before she perched herself on a gravestone. Her choice of seat would no doubt cause some offence to the mercenary but Caela wasn't really bothered by that. It was already clear that they differed in opinion so what was the woman going to do, stab her? Set her wolf on her? If she was going to she would have done so already, or at least so the seductress thought. She could be wrong but she was willing to take the risk. Sighing, she turned her eyes towards Fallon.

"I'll admit that I might have overreacted... a little. It isn't everyday that I come across a wolf though. They aren't exactly your average pet, are they? Not even uncommon around here. The kind of wolves I know of are the kind that eat people and so when it came over, what was I to think? It started pulling at my cloak, which is now in a worse condition than before," Caela gestured to the tattered end of her cloak before continuing, "Not to mention that my dress ended up pretty much over my head so when I said that I was fine, did it occur to you that I was being sarcastic?" The blonde ran a hand through her hair, dislodging a clod of dirt before she flipped her locks back.

"Bringing a wolf around the place with no muzzle on it is a bit dangerous. You don't know how someone will react so you put people in danger. You can't control it, you can't stop it if it tries to take a chunk out of someone so do you know what you can apologise for? The danger that you put me in. Your negligence is what I'd like an apology for but it doesn't matter now. Don't bother yourself. I need to go to work anyway." The dancer pushed herself off from her stone seat and brushed herself down. She smoothed her dress down, the material still a little rumpled from her tumble.

The dancer wondered if she'd just be allowed to go or whether Fallon would try to stop her. She might take offence at her manner and decide to keep her there but the idea of being held hostage in a graveyard was laughable. Unless the woman was mad (which was possible considering things), there was little chance of her movements being restricted . Although if she'd been in the wrong place at the wrong time while the armed woman was getting ready to do something shady then there could be a problem. Why else would she be in a graveyard after all if she wasn't doing something illegitimate? She hoped that she'd just be able to go.

x
Caela Dorin
Seductress

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Fallon on March 26th, 2014, 5:26 pm

There was only an awkward shuffle as the lecturing tones struck at her, no immediate argument back rising up. Although the points made sense, the mercenary still felt there was not a lot she could actually do to achieve this. She was not a master animal handler, nor really capable of establishing some form of complete control over him. She knew he was soppy on some occasions, and then on others he was prone to snapping and snarling.

Yet, that was her own undoing – he was to be both a guard and a companion. In a city like Sunberth even she knew she had to keep her guard up, and Orvin served in boosting that security. Eyes simply looked back upon him, her brow meeting into a line. Her hand reached out to pat him upon the head, the gloves smoothing down the ears. She said nothing when he released a half whine, her other finger simply tapping him on the nose. Shaking her head she turned her gaze back up to the woman.

Shrugging, she gave a sheepish smile. Fingers twiddled, her eyes darting away as the woman let out an angry huff. She came up from her perch upon the grave stone, and the mercenary’s expression changed. There was a chew on the lip, the hands digging their ways into her pockets. Perhaps it was indeed better to remain quiet – she felt whatever she said would be wrong anyway, so what was the point in it?

Fallon stepped aside when the woman made a move. She was done here, and thus in reflection Fallon would let her leave. Not that she could exactly stop her anyway, nor did she have a real reason to. What was the point in pursuing if the other was not interested? Well, there was none. Even she knew that much. So with a half nod, she took the steady steps away and headed deeper into the graveyard without a word, wolf in tow.

Her brow met in a line, the gentle clink of steel filling the momentary silence. Breathing she finally spoke, addressing only the canine, ”Come on; let’s just find somewhere quiet and away from people. Don't think our company will be appreciated.”
FALLON
Fallon | Coffee Codes | Skill Images

Fallon is a Master of Intimidation, "At this level, a Master intimidator often unconsciously intimidates their target unless the intimidator monitors their stance, tone, and actions to prevent this. Master intimidators will nearly always have a reputation that precedes them unless they have taken special care to prevent it."
Fallon
The Red Wolf

Words: 2242110
Joined roleplay: January 21st, 2013, 4:24 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 9
Artist (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Caela Dorin on April 10th, 2014, 7:39 pm

xOOCOops! Sorry I forgot to tie this up

Caela didn't encounter the resistance which she'd been expecting and it unbalanced her for a few moments. She forgot to move on, forgot that she ought to take the chance to get away immediately before the strange girl changed her mind. Instead the dancer just stared, lips parted in surprise as she tried to reconcile her expectations with the reality of the situation. The woman didn't seem interested in her anymore at all. There was no sign of her changing her mind, in fact she just walked away and continued about her business, whatever that was, as if Caela had never existed. The dancer wasn't going to give her any reason to come back, even if it meant that she had to go away with damaged pride. It was better to get away in one piece rather than risking the bite of wolf or blade.

The young woman made a slow retreat, stepping backwards carefully as she kept an eye on the other. She turned when she felt sure that their was no risk of attack and almost ran for the exit of the graveyard, hurriedly weaving her way between tombstones. She didn't slow down until she was back in the busy streets of the city. Ironically, Caela felt more safe there surrounded by thieves, murderers and prostitutes than in the presence of one armed woman and a wolf. Growing up in Sunberth had certainly given her a strange sense of danger. Not that the people of the city didn't pose a danger, just not an immediate one in her eyes.

She made her way to the Pig's Foot Tavern, hoping that Merv would let her clean up there before she started work. If he asked what had happened to her, she'd say that she had fallen which wasn't exactly a lie. Her little encounter wasn't something that needed to be talked about. It wasn't something that would continue to play on her mind, she'd make sure of that. The memory of the wolf would probably stay with her awhile, haunt her dreams for a time before fading and as for the girl, she wouldn't stay long in her mind. Caela hadn't even learnt her name.

x
Caela Dorin
Seductress

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Zandelia on May 15th, 2014, 7:21 pm

Fallon :
Skills
Animal Husbandry – 4
Intimidation – 3
Interrogation - 2

Lores
Sunberth: The Cemetery
Accidental Intimidation With A Wolf
Respect Amongst The Dead

Caela :
Skills
Observation - 4
Interrogation – 2
Socialization - 4

Lores
Sunberth: The Cemetery
It’s A Wolf!
The Dead Can’t Be Disrespected With Cussing

Notes :
True to character, funny in places and disagreements galore. Nice thread.

Any problems with my grade? Please me at any time. Keep Writing!
Zandelia
I Aim To Misbehave

Words: 1798131
Joined roleplay: September 23rd, 2011, 12:35 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
2011 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Previous