Completed Changes In the Wind

With Winter starting some changes are bound to occur, Hannah's decision to leave for a while being one of them. However with what appears to be a ghost of Ricky's past revealing itself, the new father has to somehow deal with the changes all around.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Center of scholarly knowledge and shipwrighting, Zeltiva is a port city unlike any other in Mizahar. [Lore]

Changes In the Wind

Postby Ricky Maze on January 13th, 2014, 4:33 am

Changes In the Wind
Winter 1st 513 AV, 20th Bell

The day had been a long one with many thoughts spent on his close sibling, although she may have been adopted into the title Ricky still felt all the same about her. Hannah had become like a sister to him and he couldn't love her any lesser than one, yet the conversation and farewell made his whole day feel a little bit shallow in comparison to the regular work days he went through.

Earlier around the tenth Bell of the day at Ricky's place.

The small chill of the wintry air plus the cold stone did it's best to settle inside their room, but even so it didn't keep the couple from making sure they and their child both stayed warm. Ricky and Telion both watched as Martin hardly squirmed within the blanket he remained well wrapped in, both in a joyous delight as they cooed over their son with wonder. It was at this time a knock on their wooden door sounded out, and with the word to come in Martin's aunt Hannah entered the room. She looked excited as ever to see the couple and very much anxious to see the little one that rested in his basket, but she also seemed to have a serious need to discuss something with them; and there was in fact something she did need to talk with them about. "I had some time to think about it really, and I've decided that I need to get out of Zeltiva for a while."

"Why is dat now? Ye know yer home's 'ere." Ricky sounded rather aggressive in asking for a reason, but Telion was quick to pull in the reigns.

"Ricky, I'm sure she good and well knows this is her home. Just give her the chance to explain." She assured him with a soft hand on his shoulder, and the guard nodded as he understood well.

"Thank you," Hannah added before she continued on, "After thinking more about what you've gone through Ricky, what you've both gone through... Well you know I love the both of you like crazy." She chuckled a little as she admitted this, but her voice started to shake as she proceeded. "It's just that I can't help but feel the need to head out for a while, Zeltiva's just been a little to wild for me and I need a break from all the stress." She seemed rather shy in speaking this, likely afraid Ricky would'n't allow her to leave or something. However the man could understand where she was coming from in all this, the pirate assault, the coup, the death of his father... even the birth of his child made everything seem like their lives were a wild hurricane of events.

"Well, yer mind is made up already so dere ain't no blatherin' ya out o' it. 'ow long d'ya tink you'll be gone?" Ricky asked as he stood up with hands at his waist, a look of understanding to Hannah as surprise filled her expression.

"Just a while for now, I'm not sure how long I'll be gone really." She shrugged as disappointment filled her eyes; she really didn't want to leave them, but at the same time wanted to leave the city in general. Ricky nodded a few times as he understood the amount of time she probably needed, a bit sad to know she would be gone for a while.

"You'll come back to see our handsome child though, won't you?" Telion enthused a little as she'd brought the baby over to Hannah. The ginger hesitated for a moment but she proceeded to hold Martin one last time, since she would be leaving after all.

"Of course!" She spoke softer while she looked down at the baby's peaceful face. "I wouldn't leave without coming back to see my nephew, I am his "Auntie Hannah" after all." She quipped as she adored the child, chuckles heard from everyone while the couple shared what last few moments they had left with Hannah. Before she would finally leave the city.

At the present time...

"Some day its been." Ricky sighed as the thoughts rang hollow, the sounds of the men in the Kelp Bar filled the room with laughter and revelry. With his shift ended he thought to grab a drink before heading home, which explains the reason why he was here now of course. The chance to unwind didn't come often for him but he enjoyed it, the job of a guard as well as a father were both very taxing. "Been a long day for you?" The voice held a feminine quality to it that surprised Ricky, considering it was suddenly out of nowhere from his left, that the man nearly choked on the kelp beer he took a swig of. There was a few coughs to loosen his throat up as the alcohol burned, but after a moment to clear his throat he finally found the chance to speak.

"Sort o'. Kinda needed t' unwind ya know." He added as he kept from looking at the woman, she sat over to his left with an elbow planted on the bar. Her attention directly on him by what he could see, he tried to avoid glancing over to her. What he did see was that she was a brunette with pale skin, and her long slender fingers rhythmically danced on the bar as her other arm supported her head.

"I know how that usually goes, never hurts to loosen up at the end of the day. Handsome guy like you surely has his hands full." She remarked with little regard to the mark under his left ear, the mettalic brand of his vow a symbol of his devotion.

"Oi'm a married guy wi' a boy lass, but t'anks for de compliment anyway." He remarked with a casual drink of his beer, the woman chuckled at his defensive shot down.

"Married? With a kid? Well, definitely sounds like this guy I once knew. Now what was his name..." She played along with him or so he guessed, the pause in the sentence bitter amusement as he continued to drink his beer. "Ricky Maze I think." His drinking grounded to a halt as his eyes popped open, a deep furrow of his brow followed as he slowly sat the mug down. "Oh wait, I forgot." She snickered as Ricky tried to figure out who exactly this person was, her voice somehow very familiar to him now that he paid more attention to it. "That's actually you isn't it?" Her sarcasm was sharp but her point was even sharper, clearly she tried to provoke a reaction out of him with the proven fact she knew him. A reaction she definitely had.

"Just who de petch is dis lady?" His inner thoughts roared for answer that he couldn't wait to have, unable to avoid the chance to look at her he did so in an aggressive manner... until to his surprise the person he last expected to see seemed to be present once more. The aggravation now wiped clean off his expression, Ricky found only surprise as one word rolled off his tongue in a bare murmur. "Natalie." The brunettes eyes lit up with satisfaction as she smiled at him, amused at how much astonishment showed in his reaction.

"Hiya Rick." She greeted with a testive smirk as her appearance still failed to settle in, the father's heart raced dramatically as he looked from her to the mug of kelp beer in his hand.

"'ave Oi been drugged again? Is de drink makin' me 'allucinate?" He measured the odds but they seemed unlikely considering Hannah wasn't around to drug him like the first time, nor did kelp beer ever really make him hallucinate when he was drunk. He couldn't help but believe he was imagining her, and proceeded to think she wasn't there.

"It's not going to work y'know, I'm here whether you like it or not." He proceeded to pretend she wasn't there, which brought a testive look on her face. "Oh so now you're going to ignore me, way to be the same typical guy I once new." As she nagged him further Ricky tried his best to think as to how she could be here, however nothing came to mind as he knew she couldn't be a ghost. Yet here she was bothering him, even though she'd long been gone since what he considered ages ago.

OOC NoteNobody but Ricky can actually see Natalie, as she isn't actually there in person.
Last edited by Ricky Maze on January 24th, 2014, 3:06 am, edited 2 times in total.
Journal - Plotnotes - Announcement!
Scrapbook - Shop (Closed)- Vlogs
Credit goes to Fallon for allowing me to temper with her codings! :)
Ricky Maze
"Bottom's up!"

Words: 2035002
Joined roleplay: March 30th, 2011, 9:02 pm
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 7
Trailblazer (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) 2014 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)
2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Changes In the Wind

Postby Ricky Maze on January 16th, 2014, 7:22 am

It was all out of the blue... no... this was beyond farfetched for Ricky. The only real logical explanation was that he had to be drunk, that or there was something in the kelp beer tonight that had him seeing things. "What's the matter Rick, cat catch that tongue you got? Wouldn't be surprised." Definitely had to be something in the beer. Ricky felt sure that was it now, even if he wasn't anywhere near drunk.

"'ow can Oi even be seein' ya roi nigh? Ye canny be 'ere at al', not unless dis was another one o' dose times..." He recalled the many times he thought he saw Natalie after he lost her, even spoke with her as though she were still there in his life. Yet the time came where he thought he had moved on finally, however part of him felt he stood corrected here tonight. With the shake of his head he denied that he was seeing Natalie once more, and looked away from the adorable smirk she always gave him when they were together. "But 'tis not," He reassured himself once more with determination, "so ye canny be 'ere!" At that remark Natalie giggled as she leaned closer to him, testive of that new boundary she somehow easily found with him.

"Awe, sorry to disappoint you Ricky. I am however here and you can't change that, you're just the only one that knows about it." She glanced past Ricky over to another man at the bar and notioned for him to look, and when Ricky looked over he noticed that this man occasionally glanced over to him. As though he were baffled by something, yet aware that Ricky knew he was being watched. "Better be careful Ricky, people might think you've gone crazy. What with you being a magic user and all that." She teased once more as she drew circles into the bar with her finger, Ricky only returned his gaze to her with a baffled expression. "Is dat what's goin' on nigh? 'as magic really addled me mind?"

Almost prone to fall in a sweaty panic the guard tensed up, which brought another amused laugh out of Natalie. "Uh, relax Ricky," She exaggurated on the word relax with a eye roll towards the ceiling, "you haven't hit the looney bin yet."

His eyes locked onto her with a furrowed brow as he grew experimentive in turn, aware that she more so reacted after he did. "Wait a teck, ye able t' 'ear me thoughts?" He raised an eyebrow as he waited for her to react, which of course she did so with an entertained chuckle.

"Wow! Way, to, go." Rather obnoxious with her sarcasm she proceeded to clap loud enough for the whole bar to hear, yet Ricky found little surprise in the fact none but him seem to notice her presence. "You always were slow to catch on, I'm surprised to see you picked up on that so quickly." She stood up from her stool and turned to leave as though she were actually real, and then stopped one last time with a look to Ricky. "By the way, you should quit drooling all over yourself and go home already. Your wife is waiting on you." The joke was more so something Ricky wanted to react to but never really had the chance, as when he blinked he found himself looking down at his mug once more.

With his mind back to what he assumed was reality he checked the seat next to him and found it empty, and with a careful glance over he found that the guy that watched him didn't seem to pay much mind to his presence now. One thing was correct though, Ricky did start drooling out the corning of his mouth. As if he were caught in a daydream of some sort. "What de petch just 'appened? Oi guess Oi must've lost it dere for a moment." He looked back down to his mug once more to see that half the green slosh stil remained, and then grimaced as he shook his head disapprovingly. "Definitely must've been de kelp beer." With that in mind Ricky finally left to return home, his mind now in a state of wonder as Natalie somehow remained in his mind.
Journal - Plotnotes - Announcement!
Scrapbook - Shop (Closed)- Vlogs
Credit goes to Fallon for allowing me to temper with her codings! :)
Ricky Maze
"Bottom's up!"

Words: 2035002
Joined roleplay: March 30th, 2011, 9:02 pm
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 7
Trailblazer (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) 2014 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)
2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Changes In the Wind

Postby Vanari on April 11th, 2014, 12:11 am

Ricky
Rhetoric +1 XP
Intelligence +1 XP
Logic +1 XP
Interrogation +1 XP

Lores :
  • Hannah: My Sister in Heart
  • Hannah: Plans to Leave Zeltiva
  • Natalie: Are You Really There?
  • Haven't Hit the Looney Bin Yet
  • Must've Been the Kelp Beer

Notes :
Good job!

Please don't hesitate to PM me with questions, comments, or concerns! Also, remember to edit your grade request as "graded."

Cheers :D

A lonely heart is better than a bored one.

"Your Speech"
"My Speech"
"Vani"
Vanari
Vantha Vagrant

Words: 372424
Joined roleplay: July 29th, 2013, 12:20 am
Race: Human, Vantha
Character sheet
Scrapbook
Medals: 4
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Overlored (1) 2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)