Which Pokemon Game Do You Like?

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Feel free to place any off topic chatter, thread games, etc here.

Postby Snowdrop Snowsong on January 19th, 2014, 8:52 pm

For me personally I like Pokémon X and Y, due to the graphics and story line. But I have a sore spot for Pokémon Crystal( first Pokémon ever played).

Signature by Assilsa Curare
Vani | Common |Bruce
Snowdrop Snowsong
Let My Words Adore Your Soul

Words: 21309
Joined roleplay: September 26th, 2013, 6:58 pm
Race: Human, Vantha
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Noaru on January 19th, 2014, 10:22 pm

I have always loved the Pokémon series! :smirk:

Pokémon yellow was the first game I played and Pokémon Blue, Red, Gold, and Silver followed in pursuit. Pokémon Crystal, Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald only deepened my love for the sheer awesomeness that is Pokémon. The Game-boy color, advance and SP era was the best. The Nintendo 64 and GameCube, including the introduction of Pokémon stadium only made those years of my life better. Pokémon Black & White... :angry: took my soul with their overwhelming epic-ness. X & Y--freaking love these games!

What Pokémon games do I like? All that is listed above 8) :thumbsup:
Noaru
The grave is silent...

Words: 261739
Joined roleplay: May 29th, 2012, 6:17 pm
Race: Ghost
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Gossamer on January 19th, 2014, 10:43 pm

I like them all.

The games, the merchandise, the cards, the t-shirts, the stuffed animals....

In flames....

In a trashcan....

In my back yard....

Cause marshmallows taste awesome roasted over chemical fires.
BBC CodeHelp DeskStarting GuideSyka
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Words: 6357243
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (24)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Master (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Hyperposter (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)

Postby Strange on January 19th, 2014, 11:16 pm

Every Pokemon Game created before the DS. I'd like the DS ones too if I'd ever owned a DS but sadly 'tis not so. But seriously, Pokemon rules.

The card game was terrible though. Yu-gi-oh is the best card game. Period.
"I'm such a Silverheart fangirl"
Strange
AS of Sahova

Words: 71649
Joined roleplay: January 17th, 2014, 7:07 pm
Scrapbook

Postby Elysium on January 20th, 2014, 12:37 am

...Yu Gi Oh? Have you never heard of Magic: The Gathering?

Gold and HeartGold. In my personal opinion, X and Y were somewhat disappointing in terms of storyline. It was really just empty spectacle. Entertaining? Sure. But sort of bland. But that's just me. I'm spoiled by the good old days, where the graphics were so crappy, game developers had no choice but to design compelling plots in order to sell their merchandise.
Elysium
Never venture, never win.

Words: 519270
Joined roleplay: December 12th, 2012, 9:49 pm
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 3
Artist (1) Donor (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Shayna on January 20th, 2014, 12:54 am

I despised pokemon and almost all anime (I say almost because I haven't watched every single one of them so I will reserve judgment for the ones that I haven't watched..and frankly probably won't watch since I despise the other anime that I have watched because my children watch it).

That being said, I was just going to ignore this thread and let the pokemon fans chat but Ellysium mentioned something,

Magic: The Gathering. I enjoyed this card game in High school.
Shayna
Even slaves can prosper

Words: 204361
Joined roleplay: September 3rd, 2013, 9:09 pm
Blog: View Blog (2)
Race: Human
Character sheet

Postby Adoros on January 20th, 2014, 12:58 am

I'd have to say the second generation (gold/silver/crystal). That was when the creators let you have rematches with trainers, which I thought was the best idea ever for the game. Just watching the trainers progress and catch new pokemon was almost as fun as catching and training my own.

Yugioh is definitely the better of the pair in card games, but then again, no one really gets into Pokemon for the trading cards. I played Magic once with a friend; it wasn't bad, but I didn't really fall in love with it either.
Adoros
Silence is Golden

Words: 41776
Joined roleplay: May 30th, 2012, 12:56 am
Race: Human
Character sheet

Postby Eldritch on January 20th, 2014, 2:09 am

Oh boy, way to open the floodgates.

To put it rather bluntly, I have grown to loathe the Pokémon series as a gamer because it represents to me the sheer lack of effort that has become endemic in the games market. Anything after Ruby and Sapphire just turned me off to it, and when I revisited it with Pokémon X I found it to be the exact same game I played years ago. Allow me to recite the formula:

You are a young kid in a small town that somehow supports itself with four houses. You meet this weird professor who lends you some Pokémon and your mother kicks you out of the house and throws you into the wilds full of vicious beasts that breath fire, flash freeze, and electrocute peeps. Real mother of the year there. You gain a rival that picked the Pokémon yours is weak against who Gary Oaks you every step of the way. You beat your first gym and get wrapped up against a poorly named crime syndicate with questionable motive. Eventually you confront the leader of this crime syndicate and defeat them, capturing a god Pokémon either before or after the battle with the McGuffin Poke Ball. You go to a gauntlet of the most powerful trainers after getting all the Gym badges, beat the Elite Four, and then beat the champion. Rinse and repeat ad infinitum.

So yeah, other than the older ones, I don't touch it much anymore.

Also, sorry Kate, gonna have to disagree with you there as Yu-Gi-Oh was my childhood and I still love it today. I've just haven't been able to really get into Magic.
Eldritch
Do you feel your sanity begin to fray?

Words: 237808
Joined roleplay: July 4th, 2013, 3:05 pm
Office
Scrapbook

Postby Snowdrop Snowsong on February 3rd, 2014, 9:44 pm

Oh my, I did not mean to open the flood gates.

Well here's another question:

Pokémon Villain/Team do you like the best?

For me, it's a tie between Cyrus from Pokémon Platinum, Pearl, and Diamond. He has that type of insanity that makes the fan girl in me come out. Also Lysander from Pokémon X and Y.

Signature by Assilsa Curare
Vani | Common |Bruce
Snowdrop Snowsong
Let My Words Adore Your Soul

Words: 21309
Joined roleplay: September 26th, 2013, 6:58 pm
Race: Human, Vantha
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Basek on February 3rd, 2014, 10:56 pm

I borrowed X for a week from a friend who had a 3DS, I was pretty satisfied with the new features but still ticked off at the art styles and mega evolutions. I'm a little stuck on Generation 1 and 2 art styles, but I know that is me just being reminiscent of the good ol' days.

That said, Pokemon has been the game to give me the most entertainment, closely followed by Morrowind and then Dwarf Fortress/Warcraft 3/Zelda in that order. There is a surprising amount of strategy to come from the repetitious system, though I can't tolerate the grind any longer as I have logged months of hours into Pokemon.

Though I have played nearly every handheld and gamecube Pokemon Game before B2W2, my favorite Pokemon are all from Generations 1 and 2, but G/S/C are my favorites. My two favorite legends from any generation are in Gen. 2 (Lugia, Suicune), with my favorite starter (Typhlosion) as well as my favorite sweeper (Tyranitar) and the Pokemon didn't have to be overly accessorized or colorful to look nice.
Basek
Retired Staff

Words: 18314
Joined roleplay: January 31st, 2014, 1:37 am
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet

Next