[Strange/Shane/Wisp's Scrapbook] May Contain Puns!

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The player scrapbooks forum is literally a place for writers to warm-up, brainstorm, keep little scraps of notes, or just post things to encourage themselves and each other. Each player can feel free to create their own thread - one per account - and use them accordingly.

Postby Shane Wallsly on January 23rd, 2015, 6:04 am

I actually found those words quite profound. I've always loved stories and writing has always been natural to me but I've never given myself the same scrutiny as a character. I've always thought of real life as a bit of a story but I've rarely considered people as characters. I know most characters are based off real people and, in the greater works of fiction, some are considered so fleshed out and vivid that they almost could be real but that part of my brain that separates fiction from reality will not integrate the two. I wonder though; if I could view people as if they were characters I was watching on a TV show, or reading from a book, would I be able to understand people better or would I lose all touch with reality?

So, I don't know if that made any sense to you who is reading this. It probably doesn't. If it did, what do you think? Have you ever been able to view yourself or an other real person as if they were merely fictional? Did that allow you a greater grasp of who they were? Do you think you could ever create a character that could be real? If, by some magic or technology, you could bring it to life do you think it would hold up? Would it be easy? Am I just overthinking this whole thing?
Group Threads: 1/3

ImageImageImage

Clerk at Mystic Eye Fortune Telling
Shane Wallsly
Success Is The Only Option

Words: 284445
Joined roleplay: September 30th, 2013, 9:10 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 2
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)

Postby Shane Wallsly on February 4th, 2015, 1:56 pm

ImageImageImage

Shane Wallsly

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Shane Wallsly on February 9th, 2015, 3:44 pm

So every time there's a new spat of vlogs I get the sudden urge to do one myself and every time what I produce is more than a little meaningless and a bit rubbish. I'd like to think it's either a lack of interesting things to say or maybe just a lack of questions to tackle. So, uh, any chance you guys could float me some questions about Shane or something. That would be great :D

ImageImageImage

Shane Wallsly

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Aventis on February 9th, 2015, 4:07 pm

Are his eyes truly magic or just a hidden gnosis?

Why Riverfall?

Why did Shane get into magic to begin with?

Who is Shane's best friend?

Is it me?

What would he do if Shane failed?

Credit to: Rhys for picture edit, Redd and Estellir Konrath for Boxcodes, and Fallon for Signature

Shameless self advertising. Feel free to make a request!

Aventis
Your brother in multiple arms

Words: 158586
Joined roleplay: October 22nd, 2014, 9:14 pm
Race: Eypharian
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Featured Character (1) Featured Contributor (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Postby Shane Wallsly on February 9th, 2015, 5:13 pm

I jumped the gun a bit and didn't wait for any more questions.

It's got a bit of swearing. Sorry :\

Uhm so feel free to ask some follow up questions or brand new questions everybody.

ImageImageImage

Shane Wallsly

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Shane Wallsly on February 10th, 2015, 1:21 pm

To take a break from all these vlogs for a moment I just watched something incredibly touching. I'm sure a lot of you are familiar with the Harry Potter series. Well someone has collated all of Snape's major scenes from the movie in chronological order. It's very well done and I'm not even ashamed to say a manly tear was found rolling down my cheek.

In the earlier books, and I put this down to good writing, I never much liked Snape but as the tale unfolded and Snape's tragic part in it became clear I grew to sympathize with him dearly. I don't think I quite cared this much though until I watched the video. It kind of puts the whole thing in perspective.

PS Still looking for vlog questions.

ImageImageImage

Shane Wallsly

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Shane Wallsly on March 8th, 2015, 11:44 pm

Heya folks,

I might not be around that much in chat and what not for a wee while but I'm still here. I'm around but I won't be making many appearences OOC until some non-Miz outside world stuff gets itself over and done with. Rest assured though that I'm still here. If I owe youi posts, I'm working on them. If you owe me posts, I still want 'em. If I agreed to thread with you, I will still thread with you.

I'm here. You just might not be seeing the OOC aspect of Shane as much.

ImageImageImage

Shane Wallsly

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Sayana on April 5th, 2015, 4:50 pm

So I came across this song and thought of you. It's quite possible that you've heard it before, but I wanted to post it up here anyways.

Lasagna!!!
Sayana
Dancing in the rain...

Words: 1543550
Joined roleplay: September 22nd, 2014, 12:38 am
Race: Eypharian
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 8
Featured Character (1) Featured Contributor (1)
Peer Reviewer (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Syliras Seasonal Challenge (1) Alvadas Seasonal Challenge (1)

Postby Shane Wallsly on June 25th, 2015, 8:44 am

So... I've been so on and off on this site in the past year that I'm getting that whiplash you get on those particuklarly badly designed rollercoaster rides. You know like the old ones with really sharp corners that hurt a fuck ton. Not to say I wanna get off this ride. Fuck no. Rather petch no. The ride's too good.

So, I've got Shane, Thannis and Gyarados Gyndarios. I'd like to keep all three but Gods I have to be realistic. If any of my characters was my 'main' character it would be Shane without a doubt. Thannis and Gyndarios are probably two of the more interesting charecters I've created, or at least I think so, but Shane has a history and just enough of me in him to be more like my baby than just something I made up. Though I admit, to my shame, that his personality probably changes a little everytime I get back to it. I have very little discipline as a writer, hence basically every issue that I am now complaining about.

So Shane... He had a pretty nice thing going in Syliras and he could have had a better thing going in Riverfall. My absence has kind of killed that dead a little. He's certainly not ran out of money, though I keep having to pay for a very minimal season's worth of threading, or options but he's went stale like back of the shelf doughnuts (Why is the word 'nut' in there? It's not got nuts in it and it's not shaped like nuts... I don't get it). With Shane I think I need to start fresh. A new city? A new Career? A new situation? One of the three could help. I wonder if I'd get away with selling dodgy readings from a stall in RF without Kuvan status... I've also pondered the idea of dragging Shane down to some low point. Perhaps having all his money stolen or taken from him. He'd be right back at the bottom again. There's plenty of good turmoil and such there for him. I could go a step further and have him enslaved somehow... Perhaps when Xy opens... Shane would make a pretty rubbish slave or a great one if they could get him to use his magic.

Shane's pretty easy to freshen up. I just kind of need the cahones and the drive to thrust him forward. Maybe my hesitancy is somewhat reflective of my hesitancy to move forward as a person outside of writing. Interesting concept. Or random thought. I'm no counsellor.

Anyhow so that leaves Thannis and Gyndarios. Thannis could be a mod hog. Especially if I tried to go through with my plans of creating and running a Returned Cell in Sunberth. I don't know if therre's currently a mod down there but if there is surely they're much too busy to be wasting their time on me for that. Option 2 for Thasnnis is the ole Isle of the Undead. Of course that poses more problems than solves. How would Thannis get fresh blood on the Isle of the Damned? How would Thannis prevent the Uldr-hating peoples of Sahova from doing mean things to him? How would Thannis cope with a Desolate One like right there on the Island probably making him do things all the time like a big meany? Okay, these are polot points and not problems... I should probably do this with Thannis.

And Gyndarios... I could really just start fresh with him. He didn't even make it to 50 posts. I could move him to Sunberth actually. He might do better indulging his Brawling skills there. I don't know what he'd work as however or in what direction that would take his character. By the Gods it would be a waste for him to end up in a gang of all things. Common thugs. He'd fit in well at Nyka but it's a bit of a ghost town and I know that shouldn't discourage me. I should embrace it and be a shining example to all.

Speaking off I have been avoiding helping out in any real capacity since my time as AS of Sahova ended but the site really needs all hands on deck. I will not watch the Gods damned best Roleplaying site on the internet to fall into disrepair. That's just not going to happen. It's not bloody right. I'd be kicking myself for the rest of my life. I'd summon a preist to my deathbed and my last words would be "I'm not a religious man, Father, but before I die I must confess my greatest sin... I let Mizahar die..." Those are terrible last words so for the sake of probably the best thing I'll ever say in my life I need to help. I just don't know if I can trust myself or if Mizahar should trust me. I'm going to be blunt as well. I'm not interested in development so much and only a bit more interested in Grading. What we need here is storey. We need the kind of player-storyteller interactions that I've heard used to happen. We need grand overarching storylines and tiny ones that hold true significance only to the player involved. That's what we need.

But most of all we need Nyka back because it brought a certain whackiness that I think would cheer everyone up a bit. If I do end up in Nyka I'll be making sure everybody has a mandatory cvisit or second character there. Nyka's good for your health. Studies show. If at least not Nyka I think erverybody should make it their mission to do something whacky or hilarious in character every month. It'll extend your life by at least 10,000 more words. Guaranteed.

Right that's me off. Have to go for a dental appointment but I'll be back probably before any American sees this post.

PS Puns about Winter are snow joke.

PPS What do bad Eskimos get in their stockings for Xmas? A lump of cold.

PPPS Do top scientists in the North get the Snowbelt Prize?

PPPPS Who played guitar for Guns 'N' Frozes? Slush.
W hat happened to their lead singer's van in winter? Axel Froze.
And there was one other near miss, where the rhythm guitarist was driving the van in a snowstorm and he couldn't see the lane markers. They called him Blizzy Stradlin'.

PPPPPS Why all the snow and winter related puns? I think the people of Mizahar need to chill.

EDIT: At the very least I could be a CS Liaison. That's something to think about as well.

ImageImageImage

Shane Wallsly

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Previous