Flashback I hate brats! [Rachel]

Revy goes back to the orphanage to talk with Calyn and (un)fortunately meets a youngster

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A lawless town of anarchists, built on the ruins of an ancient mining city. [Lore]

Moderator: Morose

I hate brats! [Rachel]

Postby Revy Hiroe on January 30th, 2014, 9:56 pm

60th Spring, 505 AV

Sweat gushed from the young mercenary's head. Protecting that caravan from the wild animals, and also the bandits lurking just outside of Sunberth, had been rather taxing. Yet the goods from Syliras had been delivered now. It was the first time in years that she returned. Most of her contracts had held her occupied in the cities or near Zeltiva. Yet she didn't mind. The memories of her family were still vivid.

However, since she didn't have anything to do for now, together with having earned a good sum of money, she decided to visit the orphanage. It would be nice to see how Calyn was doing. Despite having spent only two years in the orphanage, she still owed her life to her. And as she thought she had to repay her in some way. And that way, or well the only way she knew of, was to give her a small sum of money.

Slowly making her way through the streets, having her coins buried deep within the few possessions she had, she made her way to the orphanage. It still looked as bad as she remembered. "Couldn't she have at least made the place a bit more appealing? Meh, well anyway, let's go look for her.", she thought to herself.

Most of the kids that were still there, went out of her way right away. After all, she carried a sword in her belt rather visibly, she wore a metal breastplate and she had a large shield strapped to her back. Primitive survival instincts were what kept the kids away from her..... for now. "Hey Calyn! Are you in!?", she yelled

A woman appeared out of the kitchen. She wasn't too pleased it seemed. "Who the heck is barking like a dog in my place!", she yelled back. When she saw Revy, she seemed to be looking with great interest, but she couldn't remember the little girl she took care of 13 years ago.

"It's Revy, Revy Hiroe? You took care of me for two years.", Revy replied. "I was in the neighborhood, so I thought I'd pay a visit and repay you at least a little for those two years. I hate owing people."
She set her backpack down and unbuckled her shield. It was only going to get in the way. The kids seemed to relax a little and came a little closer, only to get glared at by Revy and back off again. "Here, I think this should help you cover the costs of having to take care of brats like these.", she said as she took out one of the purses with Mizas.

The woman seemed to have remembered the little kid. She remembered the little kid that was brought there, covered in blood, tears staining her face but with eyes filled with hatred. "Thank you, that'll really help out. Say, how has your life been?", she asked.

oocFeel free to jump in at any time. Revy'll be talking a little about her life as a mercenary. The kids are mostly looking at the mercenary with mixed feelings of curiosity and fear.
Revy Hiroe
Emotional rollercoaster

Words: 394139
Joined roleplay: August 18th, 2011, 7:13 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Overlored (1)

I hate brats! [Rachel]

Postby Rachel Messer on February 6th, 2014, 8:18 am

It wasn't often the Orphanage had visitors, not many cared for the plight of children in this city ran by criminals, where laws often mean nothing, if they existed at all. The Sunset Orphanage was one of the few refuge an orphaned child could have without running the risk of being enslaved or just plain murdered.

A teenage girl named Rachel was one of children, she had just experienced puberty not long ago and the first signs of her body shifting from being a girl to a woman were starting to show. The harsh life in Sunberth had honed her to be more alert and street-wise compared to a rich nobleman's pampered daughter, but the glowing vortex on her right hand, courtesy of Priskil the Goddess of Hope, reminded the girl everyday that her friend was watching over her and no matter what, she would push through whatever challenges life threw at her, this fact maintained the girl's attitude positive and cheerful, not hardened and cynical. Although some experiences may possibly break her, such as an attempted rape by two thugs a year ago, good thing a brave boy named 'Osd' saved her, further proving that Priskil always took care of her.

It seemed Rachel would find herself meeting with an interesting individual, she was playing with the other children when they heard a commotion from the living room, the curious younglings immediately scampered to see who or what it was, they were intimidated by the figure of a young woman with weapons and armor on her form, but Rachel was oddly interested. The woman, who called herself 'Revy Hiroe", looked so strong and powerful in her weapons, the firm look on her face cemented her image further. The blond girl stood still as she peeked from the room's entrance, her green eyes never leaving the dark-haired woman, the woman also had green eyes, but it was darker compared to the blond girl.

She found out Revy was a former orphan in the Sunset Quarters, Rachel's eye widened, an orphan could be a warrior like her, a proverbial light shone in her mind, she knew what she must do to further Priskil's cause, to spread good in the world, she wanted to be powerful, a warrior like Revy, but... how? Rachel wasn't brave and strong like Osd, heck, even two drunken thugs could kidnap her. This woman though... this Revy, she could guide her, the girl ignored Revy calling them brats, she steeled herself as she stepped out from her stop, entered the room while both of her hands were clasped around her chest, soft yellow light shining from her right palm, chipping away at her nervousness and feeding her with courage, "Uhm... excuse me, Miss, I'm Rachel, can you... uuh, teach me how to be strong?"

She didn't want to interrupt Calyn's and Revy's conversation, but her curiosity was too great, besides, the Konti woman noticed her and gestured to introduce Revy and Rachel to each other, "Oh, Revy, this is Rachel, Rachel, this is Revy". The girl's light was nothing new to the caretaker, a couple of years ago, Rachel told her an old woman who turned out to be 'Priskil' kissed her right hand and it had been like that ever since.

"Common" | Thoughts

Note: Radiant here, Syliras have an AS, so I'm getting her back up. ;)
Rachel Messer
Light of Hope

Words: 141244
Joined roleplay: December 1st, 2013, 2:46 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

I hate brats! [Rachel]

Postby Revy Hiroe on February 6th, 2014, 10:16 am

Oh great. One of the brats talked to her. Wasn't it obvious she didn't want to talk to them? Sheesh, take a hint kids. But Calyn introduced that girl anyway. Apparently her name was Rachel. Right, another one of those kids, who cares? But what was a little strange, was that glow on her right hand. What the PETCH was that? Was it that magic stuff she heard about? The stuff that was so dangerous and whatever else?

However, this girl wanted to get stronger apparently. Now she also had to TEACH a kid? Could this get any worse? "Oi kid, piss off and go play with dolls or so. I ain't interested in teaching someone who's barely able to lift a weapon, let alone for free.", she barked at the kid. "Come back when you're older. or at least have some mizas."

"Now now, Revy. Didn't you leave here a the age of only 11 years? I remember well that you weren't here during the day at all. If I recall correctly, you were training. Was it to avenge your parents?", Calyn said callously.

Damn woman. How DARE she bring up her parents. Despite owing her a lot, there were some things that no one should bring up. "Calyn, I swear that if you bring that up ONCE more, I'm gonna kill you.", her tone cold and hard, showing not even the slightest compassion.
Revy Hiroe
Emotional rollercoaster

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Overlored (1)

I hate brats! [Rachel]

Postby Rachel Messer on February 7th, 2014, 5:07 am

The woman's reactions were expected, Rachel heard her little banter with Calyn, and the first impression the girl got of this woman was 'rude, condescending, and arrogant', obviously traits not favored by Priskil, but the girl always tried to see the good in someone and if Calyn didn't kick Revy out at first sight, there must be some good inside this woman. Her initial nervousness began to be replaced with annoyance, Revy used foul words and dared to judge her after just meeting her for a few ticks. Still, she kept her smile, the woman might be just rude, in Sunberth's harsh society, people like her were common.

Revy wanted payment, of course, from her appearance, she looked like one of those guards or mercenaries, offering her combat expertise in return of payment. Unfortunately, Rachel was not exactly loaded, the few coins she managed to gather was mostly spent for basic necessities such as food, the Orphanage often experienced shortage of funds so she had to buy her own meals. Calyn tried to reason with the rude woman and through this, Rachel found out a glimpse of her dark history, the word 'avenge' rang in her mind, So... her parents were killed? That must be it, what else? Rachel never knew her parents and perhaps, it was a better fate than having parents then watching them killed. It was obviously a touchy subject and Rachel didn't want to prod, but her annoyance soared to new levels when Revy threatened Calyn's life, what a bitch.

Priskil taught her friends to be patient, kind, and brave, but some things just couldn't be ignored, Calyn had taken care of Revy and yet, she dared to kill her? This was one clear case of evil, Rachel put both of her hands to her hips as she jeered at the mercenary, "Oh, how brave of you, Miss, you are going to kill an unarmed caretaker who was so kind to take you in? Maybe... she should have just kicked you out," Her own words surprised herself, how could she be so mean?, but Revy deserved it, "I wonder though, maybe you gain pride by killing innocents".

"Common" | Thoughts

Rachel Messer
Light of Hope

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

I hate brats! [Rachel]

Postby Revy Hiroe on February 7th, 2014, 3:13 pm

Calyn didn't think much or Revy's threat. Despite having seen her for just two years, she had figured her out back then. Even if she threatened the woman like that, she wasn't gonna kill her. At least not if she didn't give her another push. "Sure sure, try all you want. But first you gotta deal with Rachel, don'cha?", she said, "I'll be buying some groceries with your gift. In the meanwhile.... Don't you dare bring harm to the kids."

Oh how Calyn could infuriate Revy. She was just the same as she was years ago. But that girl.... she didn't know what she was talking about. She absolutely didn't. "Oi brat, you keep your mouth shut right now, or I'll make you regret it. I kill whoever I want.", she bit back, "And I don't get any pride in that. There ain't no fun in killing them. Though depending on the situation it is gratifying." Not that she had done it at any point until now. Usually people backed off when she spoke to them like that.

If this little runt was gonna keep badmouthing the mercenary, she wasn't gonna be held responsible for the consequences. "Another thing little bitch, you really got guts to speak back at me. You ready to feel the consequences yet? If not... I suggest you keep that little trap of yours shut and go out to beg or something. I'm sure you should do well at that. I'm sure that the men would like to 'donate' some coins for you." Right now she didn't care if that kid was hurt or not. She should learn her place before talking back at a seasoned mercenary.
Revy Hiroe
Emotional rollercoaster

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Overlored (1)

I hate brats! [Rachel]

Postby Rachel Messer on February 10th, 2014, 4:21 pm

The Konti woman calmly left, patting on Rachel's head she went pass her, leaving her alone with the rude swordswoman, the other kids had gone off to play, frightened by Revy's attitude, at least one of them prayed for Rachel's safety. The girl brushed a strand of blond lock behind her eear with her left hand, still keeping the right on her hip, "Madame Calyn said to 'not bring harm to the kids', you called me a 'kid', so you can't hurt me," She smirked, while making a mental note to pray to Priskil for forgiveness later.

Rachel took Revy's words as empty boasts, Calyn would take in someone who actually relished in killing innocent people, the woman was just trying to scare her, how cute. In her annoyance, Rachel dared herself to take a step forward, crossing both of her arms in front of her chest, huffing as she mocked Revy, "Sure, miss Revy, the dashing warrior! The knight in shining armor! Slayer of Innocents!" She deliberately exaggerated her tone and voice, perfectly confident Revy wouldn't dare to lay a finger on her.

The woman told her to beg, actually, Rachel would rather do honest work, but begging was at least acceptable compared to robbing, the people who gave a beggar money had their consent, unlike robbers, "Ha, cat got your ton-..." Rachel's body suddenly froze when Revy stressed the 'donate' word combined with 'men', her mind went back to the horrifying experience a few years go, when two drunken men kidnapped her and almost violated her, if not for the brave deeds of a boy named 'Osd', she wouldn't be here right now, probably sold as a slave somewhere.

The girl went silent, her fists clenched at her sides, her body slightly trembled, trying to convince herself that Revy didn't mean what she assumed, "W-what do you mean?" She tried to confirm it, maybe the mercenary's words didn't have any hidden meanings, just straightforwardly telling her to beg.
Last edited by Rachel Messer on February 12th, 2014, 3:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"Common" | Thoughts

Rachel Messer
Light of Hope

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

I hate brats! [Rachel]

Postby Revy Hiroe on February 10th, 2014, 10:30 pm

The girl knew how to mouth off. Well at least until that last remark of Revy. Somehow it had hit a rather sensitive spot apparently. Would it be good to use it? Yeah, of course it would. After all... that kid was being a huge pain in the ass. Perhaps it be best to leave it up to her imagination. After all, there was nothing more lively then a child's imagination.

"Oh, and what do you think I mean by that? Haven't you realized how most girls your age get their money", she said with a rather cold tone. "There are actually only two jobs for a girl your age. You think of what those two are." Oh how fun it was to torment a kid like this. Though.... sometimes she wished that she could've been a kid without the worries she had years ago. Maybe she wouldn't have become such a drunk then.

Oh, that would be a good question for that brat. "Oh, have you killed yet? Seeing how you're talking about killing so easily, I'm sure you haven't right? Otherwise you wouldn't speak about it if you didn't mean it.", she said. When Revy said she was gonna kill someone if they didn't watch out, they usually wound up dead.... or well, heavily injured on the street.
Revy Hiroe
Emotional rollercoaster

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Overlored (1)

I hate brats! [Rachel]

Postby Rachel Messer on February 12th, 2014, 4:34 pm

Rachel was starting to view this woman with hostility, she was playing with her feelings or she was just a foul-mouthed hag. Revy kept her statement ambiguous, refusing to explain its true meaning, two jobs that girls her age did? What? Delivery service and house maid most likely, though the girl couldn't put off the thought that Revy meant 'slave'. The blond girl fists clenched further, making the skin paler, "I know," her voice trembled due to trauma, yet she plowed on, "I bet you mean servants and whores, don't you?!" She stomped to Revy, looking up to the taller female, "Don't you?! You are disgusting!"

She turned to her side, crossing her arms again in anger, she overestimated her good graces, Revy was unbearable after all, she wondered why Calyn took her in, the woman then decided to turn her words against her, asking if she had killed before, "..." Rachel went silent, gritting her teeth, her pride refused to lose this 'argument', "No, but I have seen someone killed before! Two men!" she was talking about Osd's rescue, in truth, Rachel wasn't so sure if those petchers were dead at first, but looking at the blood pool and secluded location, they would be.

The young girl was pass respect, this woman didn't deserve any, she mocked apology by slightly bowing, but her face expressed contempt, "Oh I'm sorry to ask you earlier, you are so caught up in the clouds that you just can't say a simple 'no', I wonder what kind of stick you have up your ass!" Such a foul word, she mentally winced. Urk... Priskil, please, please forgive me...

"Common" | Thoughts

Rachel Messer
Light of Hope

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

I hate brats! [Rachel]

Postby Revy Hiroe on February 12th, 2014, 5:57 pm

The mercenary feigned ignorance at the two jobs the girl mentioned. She didn't even seemed to be fazed by her words. Putting her fist on her open hand, she said: "Ooh, man servant. Hadn't thought of that one. I was actually thinking of A: hiring yourself out, like I did when I was little. Or B: be a slave.", she said. She didn't clarify what hiring yourself out meant though.

Okay.. so that kid had no experience with killing someone. Seeing someone get killed and actually doing it were two whole different matters. She herself had experienced it herself. "Oh really? Do you really think that doing it and seeing it are the same? Have you thought about taking another's life? Have you ever had the courage to go through with it? I doubt it.", she said, completely looking down on the girl.

That brat....... she wanted to know what stick was up her ass? Well, she was gonna hear it. "You wanna know what stick is up my ass, brat?", she said as her anger started to seep into her voice, "It's the fact that I had to bust my ass off to earn enough for food, while you kids are PETCHING HAPPY GO LUCKY HERE. I was bloody working from my 11th. I'm sure you can't even imagine how hard it is to survive like that when you have to scout ahead for threats to a caravan."
Revy Hiroe
Emotional rollercoaster

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Overlored (1)

I hate brats! [Rachel]

Postby Rachel Messer on February 13th, 2014, 2:45 pm

The young girl flinched at the mercenary's apparent disregard for social norms, not that she would expect much from Sunberth, but surely Revy could at least manage a little in the Orphanage, she was raised here for Priskil's sake. The mercenary confirmed her words though, she was telling her to be either a whore or a slave, what else did the 'selling yourself out' mean other than that? "I don't believe you!!" She screamed again, "I... I don't want t-those 'jobs'! I-it's disgusting!" Rachel suddenly had absurd assumptions about Revy, putting a hand to her mouth in shock, she stammered, "D-don't tell me, you are a slaver?!"

The woman's next words did make the girl pause, she was right, watching and actually doing the deed were a whole different matter, the girl never took a life before, she took a step back, but anger rose within her as the face of those two drunkards flashed in her mind, she stomped back to Revy, "I can do it! I will kill evil people!" She was sure Priskil wouldn't mind, evil deserved nothing but its own destruction. The girl was now seething with anger, her cheeks blushed due to her emotions, her breath heaving.

The situation quickly escalated as Revy retorted with her own fury, Rachel trembled a little due to fear at the woman's sheer voice, but she took her stand, "You think I'm happy here? Ha... hahaha! I often have to search for food for me and my friends because the Orphanage has nothing left to share, each time I venture out there!" She gestured for the door, "I risk myself, I know what it's like to be drugged, kidnapped, and almost violated! If not... if not for him, I would not be here right now. So, don't ever say we are 'happy go lucky'," Rachel felt her anger slowly subsided, sympathy taking its place at Revy's story, "I just... I just want you to act with manners around here, Madame Calyn doesn't deserve your foul language and threats, who do you think you are?"

"Common" | Thoughts

Rachel Messer
Light of Hope

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Next