Closed Light Reading

Amael encounters a very interesting man

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A lawless town of anarchists, built on the ruins of an ancient mining city. [Lore]

Moderator: Morose

Light Reading

Postby Amael on February 9th, 2014, 5:56 pm

Occasional erotic noises. Amael laughed heartily at that one. That meant she could do her work in blessed safety and have a bit of fun at the same time. She admired the way his muscles rippled beneath the fine fabric. It reminded her of home, where the men of Sultros walked about half unclothed, silvery veins shining in the sun. ”No,” she replied pleasantly. ”It’d be a welcome respite to the orders I normally take.” Her turquoise eyes were bright. ”I would be happy to start work on something a bit more challenging.”

She pondered this, for a moment. ”I’ll have to learn a bit about mills. I understand the basic theory behind the transfer of energy, but I’ve never gotten a chance to learn the mechanics.” The Isur cast a glance across the many rows of shelving. There had to be some rudimentary designs she could look at. Maybe she’d even pay the local carpenters a visit, just to get their opinion. That and of course, she’d have to really see the place to ascertain what it needed.

”Lunch would be nice,” she agreed. ”I’ll need to look at the place, naturally.” She flashed the harlot a smile. ”You know, I think we’re going to get on well. If you’re interested, I’d be happy to teach you whatever you might wonder of the Isur. It isn’t often I get a chance to talk about my home. As a people, we’re wary of outsiders. Few humans know of the majesty that is Sultros City.” She sighed nostalgically.

Quietly, she whispered a blessing in Isur, the language mellifluous and bittersweet. Above all, she wished peace on her family. Amael prayed to Izurdin, to Xyna and to Kihala, the blessing of industry, success and above all else, glorious transient life.

The woman flashed him a chesire smile. ”I’m curious,” she continued. ”What is it like exactly, pleasing women? What sort of requests do you normally get?” It had to be vastly different than the requests of a man. ”Do they like for you to pretend to love them? Do they play at marriage? Or are they more straightforward, as a man might be?” It was an interesting consideration. Matthew was the type to give her an honest answer, the type that wouldn’t take offense at her asking. He was like a breath of fresh air.

”Do you take men, too?” She asked suddenly.
Last edited by Amael on December 21st, 2015, 5:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Amael
I recreate myself; that is my only power.

Words: 49251
Joined roleplay: January 23rd, 2014, 2:25 pm
Race: Isur
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Featured Thread (1)

Light Reading

Postby Matthew on February 10th, 2014, 11:59 pm

There was another giggle. His eyes narrowed and he quickly scanned back over the conversation to find the joke, the little mental review a bad habit of his. Should he just ask? It obviously wasn't a good joke if he had to ask about it though, right? No, perhaps that wasn't right. He wasn't good with humor. He wished there was a book written on humor, but so far he hadn't been able to find one. There had been many other things for people to write about, more important things, and rightfully so. Humor came naturally to a lot of people, there was no reason to devote time and energy to teaching it to people who didn't understand it. From what Matthew had seen, not many people had trouble with it anyway.

He nodded at her words, slightly happy that he had found someone to help him work on this sort of thing. Her next comments made sense, though some of the terms were less than familiar to him. Still, they gave him ideas. He was quick to stand, gracefully unfolding himself from his seat and going to the nearby shelf of books. He took his time carefully reading the bindings of the leather books, some of them in rather nice condition, some of them about to fall apart. Perhaps there would be something about the transfer of energy here? Or mills, even. Then again, she understood the basic concept, so perhaps she could piece it together when faced with a real-time example. Or, even better, they could ask the librarian. Her name was lost in Matthew's mind, but he was pretty sure she would if there were any books on the subject. How had he forgotten her name? He had known it no more than a few ticks ago.

Chewing on his lower lip yet again, he slowly turned and stared at the Isur. Sultros City, she said. Then there was that foreign tongue she spoke, words that he carefully absorbed when he could fully hear them. He had no idea what they meant, but they would be useful to mentally write down and study later. It was all he could do. Perhaps instead of learning about Isur and Sultros, he could ask to learn about their tongue. He had often wished to learn another language. He had been doing his best to absorb Myrian, but Razkar wasn't the best of teachers. He continued to stare at Amael, mind starting to whirl and click into different shapes and sizes. A buzzing started to hum in his brain, and the harlot slowly tilted his head as he kept his intense gaze steady. A woman of her skills would be useful to certain Hounds of the city. He wondered if the Isurian had been introduced yet. He himself wasn't a member, but he was... aware.

The next words snapped him out of his thoughts, his blue eyes blinking a few times. His head tilted in the other direction and he mulled it over, then answered slowly and thoughtfully. "When I first started this, I offered more than sex. I would go on dates, be a companion, be a partner for a project. I had a widow of a Sylirian Knight pay me to wear her late husband's cologne and cuddle her to sleep. Some enjoy the intimacy of love. I have no encountered a roleplayed marriage. Some are straightforward, aroused at the idea of me suddenly taking them, perhaps on the table of a library for instance. Some women enjoy the boldness, the confidence, the idea that I need them so deeply that I must have them right here and now, without a thought to who sees." He gestured at the table, then shrugged, deep stare flickering. "Some like it slow, sweet, among blankets on a soft bed, hours spent caressing and kissing before even the slightest of sexual touches. Almost every woman is different. A puzzle. A complex problem to solve, at least sexually. It is hard for most to get past the idea of paying, but once they realize it is a silly thing to concern themselves with... then they find they can be free."

Her next question caused his head to tilt yet again, perhaps reminding Amael of a curious puppy. His eyes were confused now, as if not quite understanding the question. "Yes. Men are a bit more rare, but some do desire another male and do not mind publicly getting one. I have pleasured men, women, couples, even two Isurian woman once." He winced for a moment, the memory obviously a bit painful to him. Amael could surely understand why.

The harlot suddenly paused his motions, going from the barest of movements to just this frozen statue. His eyes glazed for the briefest moment, gears whirring with loud buzzing noises deep inside of his skull. Then he snapped out of it, head whipping towards Amael, gaze as intense and steady as it always was.

Except his words held none of the logic they had before. "I take it back. I want to go now. Let's go now. Are you opposed to going now?"

Matthew
Malfunctioning

Words: 1100152
Joined roleplay: June 24th, 2013, 9:37 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Featured Character (1) Featured Contributor (1)
Guest Storyteller (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
One Million Words! (1)

Light Reading

Postby Amael on February 16th, 2014, 8:42 pm

The gagdeteer shifted to rest her jaw against her knuckles. Now, there was an interesting reply. Her lips twitched into a wry smile, especially at the example he provided. ”Careful,” she teased, though she knew he wouldn’t get the joke. ”Some might take you at your offer.” Funnier still, he mentioned an experience with two Isurian women. They must’ve manhandled him, given the face he made.

”I take it they were less than gentle?” She chuckled. ”Judging from your reaction, I mean. Some of us have a lighter touch, you know. You more than likely got a pair of Terras women - dominant and heavy-handed. Their whole clan is matriarchal, so it would make sense.” She only grinned wider. Once, a Terras woman had her eyes on Iselnos. That had been an interesting game of cat and mouse. Predictably, it had ended rather poorly… For him, anyway.

”I have to assume men are the same way,” she continued. ”Every individual has their own preference.” There was something bittersweet as her thoughts turned to the woman who only wanted to cuddle. How desperately she must’ve missed her husband. The idea brought an aching to her chest. ”Everyone uses intimacy for different things. Sexuality… It isn’t as straightforward as a person might imagine.”

Well, for others anyway. For her, it was. Romance seemed novel, but to her sex was just another physical need, one more often overlooked than all the others. She just wasn’t compelled by it. Giving substance to ideas, using knowledge as a weapon for change… Well, that seemed like a more productive use of her time. And there wasn’t a man (or woman) in the world with the power to tell her otherwise. Of course, that was not to say she didn’t find it fun when the mood struck her. But still.

She blinked. Matthew underwent a very abrupt change in demeanor. ”Um, sure. Let’s go,” she agreed, eyeing the books on the table with poorly disguised longing. How was it that she managed to meet the most interesting people at the most inconvenient times?

Still, she was nothing if not flexible. Mae slid gracefully from her chair. ”Wait. You meant the mill, right? You want us to go have a look?” Oh gods, was she making a fool of herself? She couldn’t tell if he was offering a casual stroll out to the mill or if he was extending a more intimate offer.

The Isur merely folded her arms, brows raised. ’Steady Mae-mae,’ her brother chuckled in phantom recollection. ’Don’t get too excited, now.’
Last edited by Amael on December 21st, 2015, 5:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Amael
I recreate myself; that is my only power.

Words: 49251
Joined roleplay: January 23rd, 2014, 2:25 pm
Race: Isur
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Featured Thread (1)

Light Reading

Postby Matthew on February 18th, 2014, 9:10 pm

He winced again, just a glimpse of a wounded expression crossing his handsome face. "A tad rough. I don't mind rough. It was just there were two of them, and I was spun, flipped, tossed, and bounced so much that I really had no idea which way was up about halfway through the whole ordeal. I actually got dizzy. They were laughing, so part of me wonders if that is exactly what they were trying to do." They had perhaps been part of a matriarchal clan? That certainly made sense. He would have to remember that in the future.

Matthew nodded, agreeing with her statement on sexuality. "Correct. Sexuality is complex, intimacy even more so. Sex is quite simple. While I can certainly provide the best night of sex a woman has ever had, it won't be anything more than the best night of sex. I sell the physical. I can only do so much for the mind and heart." He had been forced to accept this over the years. While he had first studied intimacy and love like he would any other thing, he had soon learned that it was like every other emotion. It was logical as far as being an emotion, but then everything else became illogical. Everyone loved in a different way, just like all emotions were handled in a vast variety of ways. There had been a woman once, a teacher back in Zeltiva. A vast array of dreams had caused some level of intimacy to develop, even through sleeping fantasies. It had scared him.

He rose with her, noticing the woeful glance at her open books. A sudden sense of guilt struck him, but was then interrupted as she progressed the conversation further. Of course he meant to the mill. What else would he-

The harlot blinked, a torch lighting up in his mind.

He had grown to appreciate her knowledge on certain subjects so quickly that he hadn't even once considered her a customer. He hadn't been keeping an eye out for the social clues and contexts, for the hints and suggestions in his own words, for anything. He had simply been focused on the learning. He instantly scolded himself, whispering harsh words in his head. He had grown distracted. Amael was a voluptous woman, ripe for the sort of thing he offered. While she most certainly might not be interested, that didn't mean he couldn't dangle the fruit every now and then. If it looked delicious only once, then the temptation was planted.

Matthew leaned forward, but everything about him was suddenly different. His lean was graceful and smooth, slow but confident, bringing him just a bit inside of her personal space without a moment of pause. His hands landed on the table and his fingers spread, giving his body balance as his broad shoulders drew a bit close to hers, the front of his chest just barely brushing the front of hers. He was certainly invasive, but not in an aggressive way. There was ample time to back away if she decided to. There was also plenty of time to just stand there, to just see what he would do. His lips now curved, playful in their smile, eyes brimming with heat and suggestions. If he had been ice before, then it was as if some sort of flame had suddenly melted the cold from the inside. His professional stare was now anything but. It was forward and challenging, amused and sly. Briefly it glanced around, checking the nearby bookshelves to make sure they were shielded, but then went right back to matching her gaze.

When he spoke, his voice was now almost a teasing purr. It was an odd combination of masculine aggression and confidence, mixed with subtle feminine seduction. "Please, Amael. Why would I drag you out into the dark and cold when there is both a table and a bookshelf right here?" It would probably sound cheesy if not for the look in his eyes. He wasn't kidding. He wouldn't hesitate in taking her right here and right now, not for a second. The nearby librarian, the possibility of getting caught, none of it mattered. His blue eyes glistened, and they glistened with promise.

Then a wave washed over it, the smile slowly fading, the harlot regaining some measure of his former self. The fire still glimmered somewhere in his stare, teasing at the idea that there was more beneath the professional facade. But for now, the man she had first met was back in front of her. "But yes, I would like to go look. I am usually very careful with my studies. I like to plan out things. Someone told me that brilliant inspiration comes in the blur of the moment though, so I suppose I should start making some blurs. Would you like to stop by your house for some different clothes or a snack, and then set out? It isn't far. However, I know you came here to study. We can most certainly save this for later, if you'd rather. I do not want to interrupt your learning." He tilted his head, the next smile on his lips polite and curious.

Matthew
Malfunctioning

Words: 1100152
Joined roleplay: June 24th, 2013, 9:37 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Featured Character (1) Featured Contributor (1)
Guest Storyteller (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
One Million Words! (1)

Light Reading

Postby Zandelia on April 12th, 2014, 5:26 pm

Matthew :
Skills
Reading – 3
Writing – 3
Mathematics – 3
Intelligence – 1
Observation – 4
Interrogation - 3
Logic – 1
Negotiation – 1
Seduction - 2

Lores
Sunberth: Stumble Alley
Sunberth: The Library
Sunberth: The Run-Down Mill
Mathematics: Orders Of Operations
Amael Shale: Isurian Gadgeteer

Amael :
Please update your Ledger with expenses when you return and I will post up your grade.

Notes :
A well written thread, as always definitely a great character expressed Matthew. Amael, I want you to return now. Come back to us. I would have loved this to end fully. Alas

Any questions about my grade? Feel free to PM anytime. Keep Writing!
Zandelia
I Aim To Misbehave

Words: 1798131
Joined roleplay: September 23rd, 2011, 12:35 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
2011 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Light Reading

Postby Royal on January 30th, 2016, 1:51 pm

Amael
Skills
Observation +2
Logic +3
Rhetoric +5
Flirting +2
Mathematics +1
Reading +1
Writing +1
Intelligence +2
Teaching +1
Philosophy +2

Lores
Matthew: Refreshingly honest
Mathematics: Orders Of Operations
Matthew: A prostitute
Sunberth: The Run-Down Mill

Questions? Comments? Please don't hesitate to PM me!
Royal
You can call me Queen Bee

Words: 65918
Joined roleplay: September 2nd, 2015, 9:27 am
Race: Staff account
Office

Previous