Closed [The Emporium] Winter Encounter

Eiri meets Venser for the first time

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A city floating in the center of a lake, Ravok is a place of dark beauty, romance and culture. Behind it all though is the presence of Rhysol, God of Evil and Betrayal. The city is controlled by The Black Sun, a religious organization devoted to Rhysol. [Lore]

[The Emporium] Winter Encounter

Postby Eiri on February 4th, 2014, 4:12 am

Day 68, Winter, 513 AV

The market was a colorful masses of color in the morning light. The bird was singing and the children was tumbling, laughing, squeeling, talking noisily while strolling the street. There was a circle of wooden stands filled with all kind of vegetable and fruit baskets. There were even herbs and spices and many live cooking shows, with scrarlet flames so bright. It all looked like a living canva, lively and cheerful.

She hadn't have a change to go outside for a while and had decided to go for a change of scenery. She almost always trapped herself into the four walls of the inn days by days. Although she's too busy with her painting to care, it's good to have something nice once in a while.

Eiri passed by a wooden stand said to the man sitting behind it: "Two pound of tea leaves, please"

"Here you are", the man said and gave her a fragrant grocery bag."It is a lovely morning, right?"

"Yes, it is" She smiled with her cheek flushed pink from the cold.

Eiri continued to walk a long the road, orserved and took in everything. She was standing there, amidst the snow, being a little dot of a huge colorful picture. She looked up in the sky. It was clear and blue as ever. If there was someone that looked down from above, they could see the sky reflected in the bottom of her eyes. She wanted to looked into her eyes to see what reflected there, beside eternal blue and lazy white cloud. Somehow, the sky was so clear that it looked like it could be touched with bare hand if she reached her hand out right now. The universe would be grasped within her hand as a small ball, small and dainty, glowing with soft light like a drop of dew on middle spring flowers. She suddenly cared about her toe in mild interest and smiled gently. She decided that a crowded market would be a perfect subject for today's painting.

It had been a while since her last painting and she was wondering if there was anything she could fix. She had a vague feeling that her painting might lack something. Is it soul? Is it depth? Her paintings somehow lay flat and dull and she had been trying her best to add more color layers to it. No matter what she did, they still looked the same, if not, worse.

Signing inwardly, she walked out of the market. As she was walking around, thinking of a suitable solution, her eyes caught the sign of a emporium. The sign said it was Mikayas' Emporium for Sculpted Curiosities. There were many sculptures outside. A thought suddenly formed in her head:

"Maybe I could learned something from the sculptures, It's relate to paintings after all."

With that thought in mind, she entered the emporium. Inside, sculpture lay everywhere, on the floor, hanging on the wall, littering here and there. All of them looked extremely delicate and beautiful.

Then, something caught her eyes. It was a sculpture of a long hair woman. There was a lotus blossom on her head and she was wearing a peculiar sapphire pendant. It was so beautiful that she could not help but staring for a few ticks. After finishing admiring the sculpture, she then noticed a narrow pathway. It led to a desk and there was currently a man there. He was standing near a sculpture that looked exactly like the one she saw earlier, eyes looking around the emporium.

"Hello", she said to the man," May I ask you something?"
Last edited by Eiri on February 4th, 2014, 11:03 am, edited 2 times in total.
Eiri
Ravok's Artist

Words: 6729
Joined roleplay: January 16th, 2014, 2:26 am
Race: Human
Character sheet

Postby Venser Rush on February 4th, 2014, 7:34 am

"
Boy, watch the store, I am going to make some purchases."

Venser looked up from the small, twelve inch sculpture that he had been assigned to polish, the young man holding the buffing tool, tanned leather speckled with sand, in his hands as Mikayas spoke. Venser arched his eyebrows, curiosity present in his crystalline eyes, so reminiscent of ice, the boy rising to his feet. He had nearly tipped over the sculpture in the process, saving it only with a quick motion of his hand, the unexpected surge of movement bringing a pained grimace to his features. Weeks after his ribs had healed, he could still feel the echo of the injuries, fresh bandages still encasing his torso beneath his shirt, if only for moral support.

"
Are you sure, Master? If you have more important tasks, then by all means, let me go do the shopping, Mikayas."

The elderly woodcarver shook his head, slowly turning to meet his employee's eyes with his own of light brown, "
Do I look like I am unsure, Venser?" His tone was almost indignant, stern in his reprimand, "I will go, boy. Stay, finish polishing that sculpture. Do it right. Then, watch the store. You have more patience than I." Venser arched his eyebrows, surprised by his Master's sharp tone and piercing gaze. He wondered to himself why his employer was being so... mysterious. It shouldn't come as a surprise anymore. Mikayas enjoys his secrets, Venser. Just let it go. It's best to not cause a scene.

"Of course, Mikayas. I apologize. Please be careful, Master." A broken smile materialized across the young man's features as the elderly man paced out of the store, his limp greatly slowing his descent, but Venser decided not to insist that he go. Mikayas was a strong sort, and his mystique was by no means new to the man. Riddles, intelligent debate, hidden enterprise across the city. And the sculpture of the Woman wearing the Lotus Blossom. Even now, Venser was not entirely sure who the woman was, but he could piece together bits and pieces of the story. The riddle he had heard weeks and weeks before was still strong in his mind, his gaze inevitably guided towards the sculpture, which was easily his favourite that was on display. Her riddle was not the last he had been told, but the one with the most personal significance.

Venser was learning more about his Master, whether or not the man wanted him to, though in truth, Venser doubted this. Everything that the old man did was a means of guiding him. The stern reprimands that taught him discipline and focus, the riddles that ingrained in him the lesson to broaden his mind. Venser had even learned an appreciation for poetry in his time working at the Emporium, yet the opportunity to buy a book had not yet come. The apprentice engraver was led to the inevitable conclusion that his Master was grooming him, and extending a hand to bond with the younger man.

Shaking the thoughts from his mind, the young man allowed a hand to rake through his hair, ruffling his ash blond locks for a moment before gripping the sanded leather once more, bringing it along the surface of the sculpture. Pressing into the material, he found that he was pushing too hard, the polishing becoming undone, to the young man's dismay.
Petch! Fix it! Fix it before you're found out! He hastily re-did the work, setting about to polish the wood in smooth, circular motions along the rounded edges of the figure's shoulders, waist and legs. He didn't bother with the face, knowing that there was no way he would do it correctly. Mikayas understood the prudence that apprehension sometimes granted in their profession, so Venser was certain that the old man would not become angry.

When he was done with the sculpture, he set it aside, the young man's gaze finding itself directed towards the Woman again, curiosity ablaze again as he mouthed, "
Who... are you?" It was so... enthralling. Especially because the Woman was represented no less than three times in the entire building. Twice downstairs and one upstairs, the latter being the single most beautiful thing he had ever seen, sculpture or living. Mikayas had poured his heart and soul into that work of art. Several chimes passed, the young man's gaze flickering about the Emporium, every time leading inevitably towards the sculpture again as he heard footsteps to his left, towards the exit. Someone was entering. The young man turned to look at a young woman, likely several years younger than himself, Venser's head tilting slightly as he watched her make her approach, the woman standing directly in front of his desk as she posed her question.

"
Of course, that's why I'm here. What do you require?" Venser managed a smile, crystalline eyes fixated on the woman.

OOC NoteSooo, it doesn't really make sense for Venser to stare out a window that doesn't exist, so I had him looking around the shop instead. The Emporium has what I can only compare to a cargo bay as an entrance. There are neither doors nor windows, everything can be seen from outside because the entryway's very broad.

Venser Rush
Seeker of the Angst

Words: 350153
Joined roleplay: December 8th, 2013, 9:06 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Featured Contributor (1)

Postby Nemesis on June 13th, 2014, 5:28 pm

Eiri

Note :

If you decide to return, Eiri, please update your ledger for Winter 513AV and then send me a PM, and I will post your grade.

Thank ye.

Venser Rush

Knowledge :

Skills

Skill XP
Carving +1
Observation +1

Lores

*None

Micellaneous :

Injuries
    *None

Loot/Expenses
    *None

Notes

*Erm... nice description, Venser. ^.^
    *Two posts is not much to go on, but this thread looked like it had potential, with two artists meeting...

Feel free to PM me with questions, comments, or concerns, if you have any.
Also, remember to either delete your grade request or edit it as 'graded'.
Thank ye!
Nemesis
Fortune and Retribution

Words: 296717
Joined roleplay: March 30th, 2014, 8:36 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Featured Contributor (1) Donor (1)