[The Sanctuary] Black And Blue Ink

Kavala and Kassem do some staff bonding - hard work - and then celebrate afterwards wtith ink

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Built into the cliffs overlooking the Suvan Sea, Riverfall resides on the edge of grasslands of Cyphrus where the Bluevein River plunges off the plain and cascades down to the inland sea below. Home of the Akalak, Riverfall is a self-supporting city populated by devoted warriors. [Riverfall Codex]

Postby Kavala on February 10th, 2014, 3:11 pm

ImageTimestamp: 22nd of Winter, 513 AV

It had been a few days. Kassem had settled in and Kavala was determined to show him a few things about his current home and what his duties would be. If they got enough things done for the day, there would be time to take the pony cart into town later, get supplies from the bazaar, and then drop by Riverfall Ink and get his slave marks covered with something more fitting for his new life in Riverfall. But first she had to get him up, get him moving, and introduce him to the morning routine around the facility.

So before she knew it she was standing in front of the door of his room knocking gently. She called out through the doorway, already up and dressed, ready to take on the morning chores. The sun hadn't risen yet. "Kassem? You up? I thought I'd take you on the morning rounds with me to give you an idea of what goes on around here. If you aren't up to it, that's fine, but if you are I could use the company... and the help for heavy lifting." Kassem had already met Kavala's newborn infants and her young son. She truthfully wasn't up for any heavy lifting for at least three more ten-days - half a season. So she hoped she'd be able to get Kassem to help out which would do double duty in getting him more familiar with the sprawling fortress' layout.

It would also give Kassem an idea of how hard Kavala and the rest of the staff worked. They lived well, but they earned their money and the niceness of their home in the sheer effort it took to maintain it. Kavala wanted Kassem to see that for himself.
The Sanctuary The Sanctuary Forum Riverfall The Cytali
Reverie Isle Wolf Creek Training Course
Please Note:
  • This pc is maxed out in Animal Husbandry, Medicine, Observation, Rhetoric, and Socialization.
  • Kavala a Master Teacher. Students she is teaching in thread can earn more than the maxium 5 XP per thread.
  • This pc has a Konti Gift of Animal Empathy. She has a superpower from a Riverfall city event that allows animals of all sorts and Kelvics (in kelvic form) to speak clear understandable Common around her.
  • Kavala is a Konti but was raised in the Drykas culture so her accent is entirely Pavi though she can speak Common, Pavi, and Tukant well. She's only conversational in Kontinese.
Kavala
I am more than the sum of my parts.

Words: 3295757
Joined roleplay: October 25th, 2009, 1:46 am
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 17
Featured Thread (1) Mizahar Grader (1)
Trailblazer (2) Overlored (1)
Master Merchant (1) Donor (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Riverfall Seasonal Challenge (2) 2014 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Vanator on February 14th, 2014, 6:39 pm

Vanator had begun the day in his typical routine. He arose early and slipped out of the bed he shared with Sybel, quietly slipping on a robe and gathering his clothes folded and left out on the table. the belt with the dagger and hand ax were slung over his shoulder, as was his cloak. He would freshen up in the bath and dress there, letting his fiance sleep a little longer.

Having enjoyed a good washing, the water refreshing and awakening, Van dried off, donned his undergarments, wool pants and long-sleeve shirt, socks and boots, then strapped the belt around his waist, the light weapons he always carried when he worked dangling from the worn leather. Tossing the cloak around his shoulders, he left the bath towards topside, to assess the chores for the day.

In the corridor outside the bathing chamber, Vanator saw Kavala outside of the room she had given Kassem. Van paused by his sister, who was talking through the door. He looked at her with a small smile. "How is he doing?" The older Denusk had met the young man a few days earlier. His story hit Vanator close to the heart. An escaped slave. That made him more than welcome at Sanctuary as far as he was concerned. The Denusks were a family well acquainted with the tragedy of slavery. They had given him a few days to settle after his traumatic journey, and Vanator was encouraged to see Kavala getting him engaged in the activity around their home. There was potential in the teenager, and The Drykas was especially interested in Kassem's knowledge of smithing, a craft he was anxious to learn more about.
Vanator
There is fire shut up in my bones.

Words: 940033
Joined roleplay: January 8th, 2010, 1:16 pm
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 6
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Peer Reviewer (1) Overlored (1)
Donor (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Kassem on February 16th, 2014, 9:12 pm

Kassem had been up for some time now. Being an early bird was in his nature. The door swung open at a swing of his arm and he met Kavala with an enthusiastic smile with his colourful light cloak in hand. Hi Kavala, sorry for taking so long to open the door! He looked over noticing Vanathor. Morning, Vanathor! Having time to bond with The Sanctuary residence, especially over breakfast, had broken Kassems shy exterior and a more personal side started to surface, showing he was beginning to get comfortable.

He slid his cloak over his shoulders and closed the door softly behind him. While Kassem himself was ready to begin the day, Hirem would be sleeping at least until Syna rose. I'm completely up for helping out! Kassem knew well the physical state she was in, it was apparent to him the day they met. He admired and strongly respected the mother for her inner strength and independence. At home, all I really did was help the Tent elders plan migration around the desert, so I could use some guidance with what to do here. He prepared to follow Kavala so he could learn his responsibilities.

Shiber |||||||||||||||||||||||||||| Common |||||||||||||||||||||||||||| Arumenic
Kassem
Damaged Goods

Words: 11149
Joined roleplay: November 26th, 2013, 1:44 am
Race: Human, Benshira
Character sheet