Closed Rings and Rage (Elsa)

The sight of her sister as a ranked Apprentice nearly pushes Anna over the edge.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

An undead citadel created before the cataclysm, Sahova is devoted to all kinds of magical research. The living may visit the island, if they are willing to obey its rules. [Lore]

Rings and Rage (Elsa)

Postby Annalisa Marin on February 11th, 2014, 6:44 am

50th of Winter, 513 AV

Anna sat at a workbench in the Gug Andjak, her brush already moving across parchment as she drew the outline of her Focus. The stylized inverted triangle came to life as she breathed artistry onto the parchment, this thing which would hold a scroll sigil. The world around her was reduced to being nothing but dull background noise and blurs unimportant to her current tasks. It was a relatively easy thing by this point, requiring little effort and her fingers moved in instinctual movements.

Her Focus completed quickly enough Anna moved on to the Barrier that would ring around it, and contain the magic she intended to place inside. The ring was made up of a pattern of heavily stylized geometric symbols, which were given the purpose of holding and containing. A relatively simple thing to task, really these two basic Glyphs were child's play to an expert like herself. It wasn't long before the ink stained the parchment in the desired pattern.

It was the last Glyph to be placed in the corner that required some thought on her part, which she pondered deeply. Triggers needed to be well thought out and complex to some degree, not something easily activated. After pondering for a good long chime the Sorceress nodded to herself, placing it in the corner. It would be a relatively simply Trigger, but possessed elements impossibly for a lesser Glypher to replicate given its advanced nature.

When the blood of a member of the human race touches this Glyph, the Trigger will activate, lowering the Barrier and releasing the magic within the Focus.

Anna placed her brush to the side, sighing slightly to herself as she looked over the sigil for any imperfections that might interfere with the overall design. As always Anna noted none, and so she stood from her chair and held out her hand above the Focus. She reached within herself to the core of her being, to that weave that made up her very identity and pulled lightly at the thread.

Djed in many ways was like a tapestry, a large cloth depiction of what something was and what they could become. Much like a tapestry it was lovingly woven into certain forms and designs, like the trees or a human being. Also like a tapestry it could be unraveled and warped, changed with just the tugging of a single thread. If one tugged too hard then the whole tapestry degenerated into nothing but a tangled mess, much like a wizard overgiving.

She willed her tapestry, her Djed, to unravel ever so slightly and force itself outwards from her body. A pool of translucent purple res shimmered in her hand, moving down below her hands to form a small ball. The action was laughably insignificant in terms Djed usage, but she still felt a slight shiver of pleasure course its way down her spine. Magic was much like an addictive drug, creating an amazing high when used but ultimately destroying the body if it became the sole focus of the wizard. Anna had long since learned to control her magic.

A twitch of her finger signaled the outer layer of the res to transmute, purple flames springing to life at her whim. The ball was set speeding into the Focus, being absorbed easily in a ripple of the Glyph. It was a simple thing, a scroll charged with a firebolt but it could be rather useful if effectively employed.

The Sorceress herself looked no worse for wear from her little exercise, if anything she looked stimulated. Compared to those pulsers that walked the Common Labs Anna was one that stood out easily. Her form was filled nicely and she herself appeared to be well fed, her dark hair was bound up in a high ponytail. Her apparel was simple, consisting of a tunic, trousers, and a pair of leather sandals. However the silver ring with the sigil of a burning scroll wrapped around her right ring finger marked her as more than just a pulser apprentice. It essentially marked her as a Wizard in rank, and thus bound to the Citadel.

Anna sighed and rolled up the freshly created scroll, placing it inside a scroll case nearby and cleaning up her workstation. Really today was looking to be rather dull all things considered, nothing too exciting looking to be on the horizon. Then again her life in Sahova had given her enough excitement to last several lifetimes, and then some.
Annalisa Marin
Sorceress of Chaos

Words: 1635951
Joined roleplay: May 19th, 2013, 6:52 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Featured Thread (1) Overlored (1)
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Rings and Rage (Elsa)

Postby Elsa Marin on February 12th, 2014, 1:02 am

The best part about being an apprentice was finally having a reliable source of food. Having food was nice. Being able to go places was also nice. Elsa would have to find Osd and Celeste and thank them for the food they'd kicked her way.

The worst part about being an apprentice was all those dead animals. Ten days in and Elsa had learned quite a lot. Mostly it was what various animals looked like frozen solid. The Void did some disturbing things to eyeballs. She tried to look on the bright side, though. If they ever did figure out a way to survive in the Void it would open up a world of possibilities.

So, of course, the first time Elsa saw her sister again since her most gracious welcome, Anna was sitting in the common labs. Hale, hearty, obviously better fed than Elsa, who was only just starting to regain the weight she'd lost before her Judgement. Anna was also wearing silver. Wherever she'd been, there was probably a story there. One that Anna would probably never tell her.

Slender arms wrapped around Anna from behind. "There you are," Elsa purred, hugging her sister. "Silver suits you." She held up her own ring. "Here's hoping I'll wear it half as well as you."
now while he stands tough
notice that this man did not have his hands up
Elsa Marin
Player

Words: 36964
Joined roleplay: December 31st, 2013, 12:20 am
Character sheet
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Rings and Rage (Elsa)

Postby Annalisa Marin on February 13th, 2014, 11:38 pm

Arms gripped Anna from behind and her response was to immediately draw purple translucent res to sheathe her hands, in plain view for whoever had been foolish enough to profane her personal space. The draw speed was ungodly fast and efficient, a very sure threat that if this person was not careful then Anna would very easily destroy them. Unless the person behind her was Felicia coming back for another round, they would probably find themselves on the receiving end of her freshly crafted scroll and thus burning to death.

The voice halted her murderous thoughts; freezing her heart in fear as she recognized the owner and wished to the gods she did not. Elsa… what the petch was she still doing on Sahova; she should have failed her Judgment and been halfway back to Zeltiva by now. Her sister was not made for this place, Anna knew that without a shred out doubt considering the horrors the older Marin had witnessed in her time here. Not to discredit Elsa abilities but Anna considered her a rather… poor wizard, she just lacked the passionate and mindful nature of a true wizard. Her skill in Voiding was acceptable, but Anna herself had learned much about the art in less than half a year.

Her grey eyes widened in horror as she noticed the bronze around her sister’s finger, she had been named an Apprentice of Sahova. A pit formed in the bottom of Anna’s stomach, sorrow welling up inside that was quickly replaced by anger, hurt, and a rather protective urge. Those petching Nuit… they had taken so much from her already, now they did this to her? Now they wanted to touch her blood, her kin? The tall woman felt nothing but contempt for the wretched undead filth in that moment, murderous fire growing in her breast.

The sorceress would forcibly wrench herself from Elsa embrace and turn around, rage flashing inside of her grey eyes and her normally cool composure shattering. Her face was twisted with anger as she stared down at the younger woman, her res retreating back into her hands. She clutched at her sisters hand, squeezing it uncomfortably tight as she looked at the ring and its sigil, telling herself to pay a very cordial visit to her master. A visit that would involve much fire and ice no doubt, along the possibility of threatening a very painful demise to this wizard.

“Elsa… what the petch have you done!? You stupid, stupid, stupid girl! You should be sailing back to Zeltiva, you should have failed! Do you have any, any idea what you have done to yourself!?” Anna roared, hardly caring who heard her nearby.

“You cannot stay here, sister, this place will kill you. You- you haven’t seen what this place really is; you haven’t experienced the sheer soul crushing horror that lies behind every corner. I cannot leave, I never can as I’m as bound to it as it gets but you still can!” Anna said urgently.

There was no pride apparent in Anna, there was no happiness that Elsa had succeeded in her Judgment rather there was only horror and rage. She was not ready for this place, the stupid girl had no idea what she was getting herself into. Sahova was not the University, no matter what she might have witnessed thus far in her master’s employ there was no matching the terror that was to come. In Anna’s mind, she would rather never see her sister again than she would want her to end up here in Sahova. There was no crueler fate she would wish on one than living on this Rhysol forsaken island.
Annalisa Marin
Sorceress of Chaos

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Rings and Rage (Elsa)

Postby Elsa Marin on February 15th, 2014, 3:23 am

OOCShort-ish. I apologize. It is very late.

For a long moment, Elsa was simply frozen by Anna's words. She'd hoped Anna would be happy for her. Hoped, but not expected. Considering the welcome she'd had, Elsa had known on some level that Anna wouldn't take her apprenticeship well. Anna was just worried about her, really! She was just looking out for her sister and trying to keep her safe! Anna was afraid for her, and that was a good thing!

Elsa's free hand came around and slapped Anna with all the considerable force a dancer's spin could muster. "I'm not stupid!" She roared. The rage came so hot and fast she didn't know what to do with her hands, torn between signing her rage, making fists, and simply wrapping her fingers around Anna's throat. She shrieked. Wordless. Angry. So angry. "I! AM! NOT! STUPID!"
Elsa Marin
Player

Character sheet
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Rings and Rage (Elsa)

Postby Annalisa Marin on February 15th, 2014, 6:16 am

Anna hadn't been expecting the blow, her head jerking to the side as the resounding slap echoed through the Common Labs. A hush fell over their immediate area, knowing the rather scandalous thing that had just occurred. Elsa, a mere Apprentice, had struck a full ranked Wizard of the Citadel and a decidedly powerful one all things considered. It was a rather powerful symbol, and a sign of weakness if she didn't retaliate decisively. This action put Anna in something of a difficult position.

Under normal circumstance she would have forced shackles and a collar of earth around the offender, and have dragged the back to their master with scathing words and probably a broken limb or two. However this was her sister, there was blood between them so Anna couldn't just so maim her. Unfortunately she couldn't just let that little slight against her stand, no, Elsa was going to need to learn the hard way what awaited her on Sahova and if Anna needed to be her teacher than that was how it was going to be.

The Sorceress forced her lips into a sneer, her hand shooting out to clutch her sister around the neck, the wet and alien sensation of res would be brushed against the Voider's skin. She drew her face in close, her grey eyes generating purple gaseous res from them. When she spoke there was no worry or affection lacing her tone, only icy fury and rage. A chaotic flicker crossed her face, one that perhaps could have been labeled as madness.

"Generate a portal, and I'll force res down your throat and freeze your insides where you stand." The Sorceress promised coldly.

She would squeeze her sister's airway ever so slightly, the purple translucent res seeming to literally crawl out from her fingers and coat Elsa's neck in its alien embrace. She narrowed her eyes dangerously, and trace of the loving sister gone and in her place was the enraged Sorceress who had danced with madness. She felt her mark pulsing, screaming for her to curse her sister but she held back. No, she wanted to teach Elsa how very helpless she was on Sahova, how low in the eyes of the Nuit she stood. How little she mattered here, what her fate would be if she remained and did not flee.

"You stupid, insignificant apprentice. Did you just strike me? I should drag you to your master and tell him of your crime, shatter your offending limb while I'm at it and do them the favor of disciplining you for your stupidity. Do you think this bronze around your finger makes you special? You were nothing to Sahova before, that ring only makes you a slightly better form of nothing." Anna hissed, spitting the word apprentice like it brought a foul taste to her mouth.

Anna would push back, allowing Elsa to escape her grip. The res would remain around her neck though, a promise of certain death remaining. The tall woman drew herself up to her full height and jerked her head towards the stairs leading out of the Gug Andjak. Her expression held nothing but the purest and utter contempt for the girl before her, an act that wrenched Anna apart from the inside.

"Instead... I think I'll give you a chance to redeem your transgression. You will come with me to the Prairie, and you will spar with me. If you live then I'll let this go graciously. If you don't, you were not fit for the Citadel and the Judges made a gross mistake." Anna said, sneering down at the girl.

She needed to do this for two reason, first of all to show Elsa just how woefully inadequate she was for Sahova. The second was to distance the pair, if someone found out their relations she would rather have Elsa despise and hate her than be threatened because of her. If she needed to crush her sister's spirits to do so, then so be it. It was better than the alternative.

"Now. Come." Anna said, gesturing regally to the stairs.
Annalisa Marin
Sorceress of Chaos

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Rings and Rage (Elsa)

Postby Elsa Marin on February 15th, 2014, 10:26 pm

When Anna's fingers tightened around Elsa's neck, she was afraid of her sister. It was the first time this had ever happened. It was a low, tightening gut-fear. The animal response, fight or flight. For a moment, Elsa hovered in between the two. Then Anna said that word again. Stupid. Elsa's face hardened to match her sister's. "I am not stupid," she growled.

Elsa's fear was tempered by rage and hard determination as she led the way out to the prairie. Odds were Anna was just trying to put the fear of magic into her and save face while she did it. Odds were Anna would just knock her around some. Tempers were high, things were said and done, and now there would be consequences.

But if I'm wrong... Elsa thought, remembering the way Anna's hands had been covered with res in the blink of an eye. If I'm wrong, I'll have to be very, very lucky.
Elsa Marin
Player

Character sheet
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Rings and Rage (Elsa)

Postby Annalisa Marin on February 17th, 2014, 1:24 am

Anna would not say a single word along their path through the Citadel, even if asked or spoken to by Elsa she would simply grant her a cold glare of the purest contempt. She kept the res there as they walk, a little promise and a threat ensuring her obedience. It gave her no pleasure to threaten her sister so, however the girl needed to understand how very helpless she was and how weak she was in comparison to a good number of the Citadel's ranks. If that meant being cruel, then she would be cruel beyond a Nuit's wildest nightmares, if it meant being brutal, then she would redefine the word. If it meant straggling her own humanity in silence and living with more nightmares, adding another face to the haunting then so be it.

The tall sorceress walked regally through the Courtyard, striding through the eerie domain of Mistress Wanda with no hesitation or discomfort apparent. From there she would lead them through the Vestibule, her eyes forward upon their desired path. She would lead them through this entrance hall of the Citadel, ignoring the non-functional remnants of the TAR. It was inconsequential to her goal, which lay beyond the bounds of the Citadel.

The path to the Prairie was one Anna was very used to her, so her steps were practiced and efficient in their long strides. She would wait here or there if her sister needed to catch up through the ticket of trees. Occasionally the call of the odd beast in the distance pierced the silence, no doubt unnerving those unprepared for such creatures. Anna was not one such wizard, being among the Citadel's finest reimancers and Glyphers. There was very little out here in the Prairie that could bother or unnerve her.

Once they would reach the flat and sweeping terrain of the Prairie Anna would will any remaining res away from Elsa's body and take it back into her own, striding a distance away from her sister before turning. The tall Sorceress cracked her neck this way and that, rolling her shoulders slightly and never losing that chilling stare for a moment. Her steps stalked lightly to the side, her eyes upon her sister like a beast might view its prey before striking.

"You claim not to be stupid, Apprentice Marin, yet here you stand due to your inability to control yourself. I certainly hope you can appreciate my generous restrain in not simply striking you dead in the Common Labs, as I was well within my rights to do. You have no idea the games you play, nor the laws of the Citadel do you? No, your that same weak, pathetic, and worthless little girl I left in my shadow." Anna said, not even giving Elsa the courtesy of recognizing blood between them.

It killed some part of her to verbally lash out at her sister like this, but the sorceress held her mask up. The girl needed to learn this pain, needed to know that nothing but this awaited her on Sahova. The longer she stayed, the more of her humanity would be stolen from her. Anna knew this better than most, it was one of the reasons she never received a good night's sleep anymore.

Anna reached inside herself and tugged lightly at that tapestry that made up her very being, pulling lightly at her Djed for a slight draw. Purple translucent res was drawn from Anna's body in a moment, moving out lightning quickly to float in the air before her. Five fist sized chunks of liquid res formed and separated out before her, no gestures being given, no incantations, and the action seemed as effortless as breathing.

The outer layer of the chunks formed and hardened, the transmutation to earth sending a light thrill of pleasure through her mind. Five stone fists hovered before her now, having been a task done with frightening ease and already more res was forming from her body both as liquid and gas. With a twitch of her finger the five fists were sent hurtling towards Elsa, no warning or mercy being given here.

"Now then, stupid girl, lets see what possessed the Judges to waste the bronze on your finger." Anna sneered.
Annalisa Marin
Sorceress of Chaos

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Rings and Rage (Elsa)

Postby Elsa Marin on February 17th, 2014, 11:21 pm

As they walked, Elsa's resolve faltered. She tried to talk to Anna. Tried to get her to say something. Anything. It was like Anna didn't even know her. She started to apologize. Couldn't. Elsa would apologize when Anna apologized for calling her stupid. Her hand still hurt from hitting Anna. She found herself wishing she'd hit with her ring hand. She wanted to see Anna bleed.

When they finally reached the prairie, Elsa could only plead as Anna readied her magic. "Anna, sister, please we don't have to do this."

Even as she tried to negotiate, Elsa loosened a clenched fist and opened a seed portal hidden in the cup of her hand. The half of the portal facing Anna was directed to pull, and Elsa gathered her own power as Anna transmuted her res. She could feel the portal tugging on her skin. Elsa had never imagined using the Void in a fight. She had always been everyone's friend, and in the few cases she wasn't, she had her friends to protect her.

Voiding was nothing like reimancy. Reimancy could bind and incapacitate, even hurt and maim. Voiding had no such in-betweens. There was only This Side and the Other Side. The notion of 'sparring' with Voiding was ridiculous. Elsa could either commit, and possibly condemn her own sister to the Void, or she could skip a defensive fight and simply surrender.

There it was again. Stupid. Just like that, her decision was made.

Stepping back, Elsa took her gathered focus and power and crammed it down reality's throat. The portal grew as fast and large as Elsa could make it, and she burned a considerable portion of her power pushing beyond those limits. The portal broke the line of sight between Elsa and Anna completely, and the earthen fists were sucked into it without a sound.

Moving so that she kept the portal blocking Anna's view of her, Elsa pushed forward, and the portal slowly moved with her. "I! AM! NOT! STUPID!"
Elsa Marin
Player

Character sheet
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Rings and Rage (Elsa)

Postby Annalisa Marin on February 18th, 2014, 7:32 am

Anna was not a fool by any stretch of the imagination, she prided herself on being able to approach most situations with some degree of common sense and logic. So when Elsa summoned her bridge between This Side and The Other Side Anna was already going through everything she knew to be true regarding Voiding and planning her response. The large portal Elsa created could likely have sucked Anna into it if the other woman were to give it strong enough pull, which her sister was not doubt more skilled in than she. So Anna strategized a reimantic response to being confronted with such a possibility, smirking once she did.

Anna fell into a crouch, placing her right hand on the ground beneath her and willing the purple liquid res coating both it and her feet to snake into the ground a little bit. From here the tall sorceress willed a transmutation to take place, sighing slightly at the slight drain upon her Djed from the action. The result was two bonds of earth binding her feet to the ground and another around her right and holding it there. This accomplished Anna felt that she could more easily resist any pull her sister might have brought upon her.

"So you keep say, Apprentice Marin, yet all evidence holds to the contrary. You have engaged me when you have no idea to the full extent of my powers and their weakness. I have barely spent a fraction of my Djed to call upon my spells thus far, I wonder though how long you can maintain your portal before you tire?" The Sorceress stated, the gaseous res around her already phase changing into a liquid and snaking into the ground, directed towards Elsa under the ground.

The tall woman's res moved somewhat leisurely, this was hardly a threat that faced her really as her sisters slow and ponderous speed was non-threatening compared to the lightning fast generation and movement of her res. It was almost as if she were pulling her punches, and really she was at this junction. If she had truly desired Elsa dead she would not have bothered opening with the Earthen Fists, she would have attracted a large boulder sized chunk of earth and squished her sister. No, this wasn't about life or death, it was about teaching her sister just how weak she was compared to wait laid in store for her.

"Really, you think you are special and unique because you are a mere Voider with passing skill? You stupid girl, you don't know the true meaning of the word power. I know of the ways of he Void, I know your strengths and weaknesses, girl, you though have no defense against me. The ground beneath your feet it mine to control at a whim." Anna stated, willing the res gathered under Elsa and her portal to erupt upwards with a powerful attractive force.

The earth under her feet would seem to crack and break, a large chunk of the earth being draw upwards via attractive forces and transmutation. No doubt such and action would knock Elsa back, breaking her no doubt full concentration. It would also put some distance between the two combatants, which as a reimancer Anna needed. However the other objective had been to disrupt the Portal to the Void, which would collapse almost immediately no doubt. This task accomplished Anna flicked the wrist of her free hand to send the large chunk of earth flying.

By this point, the Urge was whispering sweetly into her mind subversive thoughts and needs. It told her to utterly destroy Elsa in a blazing inferno, flashes of unparalleled destruction coming to the surface of her mind. It was no challenge at all for Anna, a veteran user of Reimancy to resist these urges, pushing them back with ease. Grey eyes were fixed upon Elsa and only on Elsa as she gathered the remaining liquid res from that last attack and sectioned them up.

Four distinctly sharp spike shapes were formed, given both an inner layer and an outer layer. With a will from Anna and a further tugging upon the tapestry of her being, the concepts of air and water mixed, the water being cooled to freezing temperatures. Four spikes of ice, each as long as Elsa's hand hovered in the air before a twitch of Anna's finger sent them moving towards her sister with much more speed than her Earthen Fist had shown. Their aim was not intended for killing, though if the Voider didn't recover quick from that last attack she might find herself sporting some nasty gashes.

"I certainly hope that not everything, Apprentice Marin, I've barely gotten warmed up." Anna sneered from her defense crouching position.
Annalisa Marin
Sorceress of Chaos

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Rings and Rage (Elsa)

Postby Elsa Marin on February 20th, 2014, 12:47 am

The earth split and cracked and slipped from under Elsa's feet and she was knocked prone by the force of it, thrown back and away. Her portal, already destabilized by Elsa's lapsed concentration, collapsed completely, taking a good portion of the rising earth with it. Dazed, breath knocked out of her, Elsa looked up through the rubble to see Anna entirely rooted in the earth. In a way, it was a relief. Elsa didn't want this fight, not really. She especially didn't want to win it.

And then Anna called her stupid again, and she wanted this fight more than anything. "I'm not stupid," Elsa growled as Anna shaped another attack. "And I'm not leaving." She clambered to her feet. The strain of that one portal had already put her deep in flatland. "Forty days and forty nights!" She had to jump to dodge the ice, and it put her back on the ground. She was filthy, and bruised, and angry. She shrieked at her sister. "NO MATTER WHAT YOU DO TO ME I'LL WAKE UP TOMORROW AND VOID A SACK FULL OF FUCKING CATS AND I'LL SUCK SERVERUS SOLOMON'S ROTTING COCK IF HE TELLS ME TO BECAUSE FUCK YOU!"
Elsa Marin
Player

Character sheet
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Next