Closed Memories at riverside (Halona)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Stretching northward along the coastline of the Suvan Sea, the Cobalt Mountains are the home of the Bronze Wood, numerous ruins, and creatures both strange and fantastical.

Memories at riverside (Halona)

Postby Rion Whitestone on February 14th, 2014, 2:49 pm

40th day of Winter, 513 A.V.

"Still fresh," Rion thought as he stooped over the unfrozen river. "Sure its freezing cold, but its at least fresh." Pulling out his waterskin, he began to collect a bit to save for later. "Thanks for showing me back to this place," Rion said to the deer drinking beside him. He'd followed it all the way here, though it didn't seem to take him as a threat anymore. In fact, that's how a lot of the herbivores saw him as of late.

Ever since his injury a few weeks back, he hadn't made a single kill and thus was often seen gathering berries for nourishment. To the forest creatures, he was a common sight, which was usually followed by the appearance of hidden delicacies. And being that his sword was always hidden under his cloak, they sometimes even followed him knowing that he'd lead them to food. However, the ones who did this were either desperate or weak with hunger.

But despite his reputation, when he had showed up behind this particular deer, it had at first thought he was following it for an easy kill. Rion had watched the deer speed away, but he quickly recognized where it was going and decided to follow a bit behind.

When they both arrived, Rion quickly explained he was only there for the water, though he wasn't sure the deer understood him. Nonetheless, it relaxed a bit when he stooped over to get some water. Still, it ended up bolting in the end, though Rion had no idea why. Even so, the farmer spent a bit of time sitting by the river well after the deer had left. Staring across the river, he felt a bit nostalgic about the last time he visited the place. This was where he had met a Kelvic for the first time. Two to be exact. Not only that, but he was able to see the shifting ritual with his own eyes.

Remembering the people he'd met back then, a smirk grew on Rion's lips.
"I wonder how they're doing now," he thought briefly. "I'm guessing Telrin's still in the woods somewhere. Too bad I didn't really get a chance to talk with him that much. I would have loved to learn how to shoot an arrow." At the thought, Rion pulled his arms back in the motion of setting an imaginary arrow into an imaginary bow. Letting the arrow fly, he imagined it striking a tree across the river with ease. But what use would he really have with a bow when he already had a broadsword?

"And what about Kizora," he continued. "You'd think she'd be flying in the sky...but she seems more like she's at home on the ground. She's probably either somewhere in Syliras or riding to the next town...wherever that is." Shrugging the thought away, Rion glanced over his shoulder at the sound of footsteps crunching against the snow. However, it turned out only to be another deer coming for a drink. Or maybe it was the same deer. Sometimes it was hard for Rion to tell the difference between one and the other.

"And Halona?" Glancing back to the deer, the smirk grew to a wide grin. "Probably hunting guys like you."
"Wherever the wind takes us!"

Common Speech
Common Thoughts
Common Whispering
Vani Speech
Vani Whispering
Fratava Speech
Fratava Whispering
Rion Whitestone
The strangest farmer you will ever meet...

Words: 31284
Joined roleplay: January 18th, 2014, 3:35 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Plotnotes

Postby Halona on February 20th, 2014, 12:47 am

e
Gazing up at gloomy skies Halona sighed, her breath emitting a mist in the frosty air. The weather seemed to reflect her own grumpy mood as she crossed the border leading out of her territory. As always she left her territory behind on a whim, if asked she would have no answer. Her territory was no cage therefore she the curious creature that she was explored beyond her realm but not before marking her turf briefly, she had established a territory for a reason after all, to keep out any and all unwelcome visitors.
Weaving through the trees she wandered, without purpose. She was not out to hunt nor to explore as she had traveled the part of the woods she roamed, no, the Kelvic girl was out and about to enjoy nature’s wonders as she had so many times before. Even in winter the forest’s beauty was undeniable. The subtle crunch of snow underfoot, the sudden rustle of brush of a forest creature in flight as one passed by and the glitter of the sun through the branches of pine and oak alike. The serene silence of her walk was then broken by the unmistakable voice of a human if not a Sylirian by their accent. The distinct dip in tone identified it as male and Halona froze in her tracks certain she had heard it somewhere. Peeking out through the silvery cover of the tree’s she spied a deer, puzzled she stepped out of hiding to investigate further. The herbivore of course bolted upon her approach no doubt smelling the blood of more than one of its kind still clinging to her from her previous hunt some time ago. Looking after the hoofed creature retreat smirking, Halona lazily turned her amber stare on the stranger crouched by the river. No…he wasn’t a stranger, for some reason, the girl had the strangest feeling she knew him. Closing the remaining few feet between them, she gasped in recognization of Rion, that human she had met awhile ago that season.
Whipping the surprise off her face she smiled faintly despite her confusion of why he of all people was out here in the cold. Humans sought the comfort of the city right? So why did this one chose to get his water from the river? Furthermore why had Rion let lunch escape? Was he one of the plant eaters? Quite done with asking herself these questions, a agitated Halona opened her mouth to berate the human.
“I never took you for a deer, Rion.” She said frankly, indicating with a finger the deer that lingered hesitantly at the edge of the forest watching the two people with its big doe eyes. “How did you tame it? Or are you merely playing with your food? Wait, why are you out here in the first place? Didn’t you humans build that rotting place of a city for a reason?”
Even as she threw the questions at her friend in as an uncaring way possible, she hid the fact that she awaited his answers with the utmost curiosity as Rion had a habit of surprising her. The tug, it was there. Unrelenting the need to seek out her bond mate burned inside her directed at Rion, pulling, pointing as if to say, there they are he is the one.

e
Thoughts | Common | Canine

Posting time is usually between 1-4 days

Syliras | Templates | Kelvic Race | Syliras city lore
Halona
She who dares to be truly wild...

Words: 51634
Joined roleplay: January 11th, 2014, 2:24 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Plotnotes

Postby Rion Whitestone on February 21st, 2014, 9:00 pm

Assuming his words had startled the creature into running, Rion kept his gaze on the river as the deer fled behind him. He was a few thoughts away from fishing in the frozen lake when a familiar voice abruptly caught his attention. His whole body lurched at the sound, since Rion had been completely invested in his own thoughts. Whipping around to face the newcomer, he relaxed a bit when he saw it was only Halona.

"Speak of the kelvic..." he said as he rose to greet her. He paused for a moment, however, when she began to hurl questions his way. His expression grew to confusion as he tried to process what she was talking about. "Tame?" he repeated. "You mean like a pet or something. No, that was definitely a wild deer. Turns out, they're not bad company if you don't mess with them...And if you don't give them food!" Rion glared to the side as he recalled the deer who'd stolen his seeds a few weeks back. However, this was really more in good-humor than in real hatred.

"And didn't I tell you before?" he continued. "I'm a vegetarian. No offense, but you guys taste awful. That's probably why there are so many plant-eaters running around. They all know meat tastes awful, so they stick to berries and grass." Of course, Rion had no taste for grass either. Not unless it was some special grass crop or something.

"And to answer your last question," he continued, "I live here thank you very much. Well, for the time being. I was supposed to be all the way to the next town over, but I had to backtrack because of some nasty-" He immediately cut off as he realized what his next words would be. A mixture of guilt and embarrassment began to flow into him. How would the wolf girl before him react when she learned of his encounter with a pack of her kind?

Rion quickly changed the subject to relieve the tension. "Well...I'm just stopping by. What about you?"
"Wherever the wind takes us!"

Common Speech
Common Thoughts
Common Whispering
Vani Speech
Vani Whispering
Fratava Speech
Fratava Whispering
Rion Whitestone
The strangest farmer you will ever meet...

Words: 31284
Joined roleplay: January 18th, 2014, 3:35 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Plotnotes