A kind request

Palla meets Stefan at Lapis Park

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Built into the cliffs overlooking the Suvan Sea, Riverfall resides on the edge of grasslands of Cyphrus where the Bluevein River plunges off the plain and cascades down to the inland sea below. Home of the Akalak, Riverfall is a self-supporting city populated by devoted warriors. [Riverfall Codex]

A kind request

Postby Palla Frostfawn on February 17th, 2014, 4:02 pm

timestamp: 50th of Winter, 513 AV
It probably wasn't a good idea to bring my carving tools to the park. Palla had packed her vital tool, along with a few relatively small chunks of local wood, barely fitting in her backpack, and brough them to Lapis Park. Well, I'm already here. It's too late to leave now. Bessides, this park is pretty. I would have gone to a different park, one with flowers, but I don't expect much to grow this time of year here. These beautiful gemstones are permanent, all year round. Although I could not mimic these rocks in wood, beauty is always an inspiration.

Palla got out her knife and took out the small chunk of local wood she had in her backpack. I can't wait until my carving shop is approved, because I will get proper tools with it. She whittled out the general shape of a bird, and eventually got the shape of the bird. Palla was more used to carving with gouges, but she still knew how to whittle. It's pretty good, considering I have no gouges... Palla was carving a bird, who at first she planned to base off of a small, sitting crimson jay. She still imagined the colorings to be the same, but the bird turned out short and stout, giving it a cute, comical appearance.

Palla, pretty satisfied with her bird, made the wings a bit more defined and carefully carved out the eyes. She carved a thick branch underneath the bird to accomadate the chubby body of it. Palla put the rest of her wood which she had gotten out back in her backpack. She stood up, holding the bird in one hand and her knife in the other, and stood up, carving and walking at the same time. She stopped again to put her knife away, as sne had already finished her carving. She put the bird carving down on a nearby bench, and just examined it for a few seconds.
Last edited by Palla Frostfawn on April 13th, 2014, 5:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Palla Frostfawn
Player

Words: 117768
Joined roleplay: November 30th, 2013, 3:58 pm
Race: Human, Vantha
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

A kind request

Postby Stefan on February 17th, 2014, 9:19 pm

“I can’t petching believe it... nearly two weeks in Riverfall, and I’m still getting lost?” Stefan thought to himself, but at least, he ended up in what seemed like nice park. It seemed like a wild place, sure, but the gemstones and the roads gave away the fact that it was a park, and that he didn’t stumbled outside the city and into the mouth of some horrible beast. That was good, to say at least.

He did commit the same mistake as always, though. He always carried light clothes and his cloak, and that barely protected him from the cold. It was just his hearty dislike to spend all the day in his house, even though being outside could kill him. At least he didn’t have frostbite yet, so he didn’t had to worry about that.

As he walked in the road, he could see the pretty gemstones. He heard before that the Akalak liked gemstones, but didn’t imagine that they could be so big. It was a good view, he admitted, but as everything in Riverfall, it seemed a bit over the top.

Still, the cold air somehow seemed to fit with the giant gemstones, which appeared like ice crystals on the landscape. However, except for the patrols in the park, the most unusual thing was a small wooden bird on a bench.
Stefan picked it up, smiling. It was a nice carving, indeed, and even though Stefan didn’t knew much about it, he still liked it. Truth be told, it was kind of short and chubby, but that just added some charm. The carving was smooth, as he noticed when he passed his fingers through it.

It took him a couple of seconds to notice the gal that was sitting on a bench.

He smiled at her, with the carving still in his hand “Afternoon, lass. Lovely day, isn’t it?”
Last edited by Stefan on February 27th, 2014, 7:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Stefan
Player

Words: 185497
Joined roleplay: December 21st, 2013, 7:22 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

A kind request

Postby Palla Frostfawn on February 17th, 2014, 10:15 pm

Palla was sitting on the bench when a man, probably in around his early twenties walked by and examined her carving. Palla didn’t say anything, she elected not to unless the man decided the carving was his. He picked it up and smiled, and then felt the smooth wood. Palla had no sanding block, but she had managed to make the small bird pretty smooth anyways. I should have finished it more, worked harder, anything before I just set the bird down. What if it’s not good and he thinks bad of my carving skills?

The man then noticed Palla. He greeted her, and Palla replied with “Y-Yes, it is pretty nice out, and besides, t-the gemstones are pretty, too.” I better introduce myself.

“N-Nice to meet you. I-I’m Palla.” Palla looked at the carving. Her voice grew a little quieter as she stammered “I-I made that.” To prove it, Palla took off her backpack and revealed the amount of wood inside, along with her knife. I hope he doesn’t think I’m bragging, after all, he’s a stranger and first impressions are important. I wish I hadn’t done that at all.

“S-So, what’s your name?” Palla asked, trying to steer the attention away from himself.

I am so obsessive. It’s just some random stranger, I don’t need to impress everyone I meet. I at least have to be likable, though, or my carving shop will suffer for it. If people don’t like me, they may go out of their way to avoid my business, and I can’t afford, especially at the stage my business is in right now, to lose even a single potential customer.
Palla Frostfawn
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

A kind request

Postby Stefan on February 19th, 2014, 9:24 pm

“I’m Stefan, lass, nice to meet you too!” He said cheerfully, smiling at Palla, and still holding the bird on his hand. He also observed that the colour of her eyes was... changing, to an odd aquamarine. “Uhm... lass, your eyes... never mind” he shocked his head, not thinking about it further.
He quickly changed to subject “Hey, beware with that knife, you’ll look like a mugger...” he was of course “So, you did made this little guy there... not bad. You did a god job” he placed the little bird on the bench again, still looking at the girl, smiling.

She was stammering, that was easy to see. Was she nervous of other people? Was she embarrassed by her art? It was hard to tell, but that just made Stefan laugh some more, trying to make her comfortable.

“You must be in the business of carving, am I right?” he sat down on the bench along the girl, handing her the wooden bird. He still didn’t know Riverfall fully, so it wouldn’t surprise him if there was a carving shop. “If that’s so, I’m surprised that you only have a carving knife, Palla. But that just makes the carving more impressive, you know? I really appreciate this kind of art... it cheers up life and the spirit, don’t you think?” In fact, the gal looked nervous, and Stefan tried his best to no to look her in the eyes, that were still in a strange colour.

“Hey, relax, lass, I’m not going to bite... too hard, at least” he snickered at her.
Last edited by Stefan on February 27th, 2014, 7:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Stefan
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

A kind request

Postby Palla Frostfawn on February 20th, 2014, 5:28 pm

"M-My eyes? W-What do you mean?" Palla asked before she remembered. "O-Oh, you don't know about Vanthas, do you? W-Where I come from, i-it's very cold and many people have changing eyes. M-My eyes are a racial trait of the Vantha, a-along with winter survival and a connection to Morwen, t-the goddes of winter. Y-You see, they change colors with my mood."
"I-I'll look... Like a mugger?" Palla then realized that the man was just joking, and she chuckled nervously. "T-Thanks!" Palla felt warm inside because of Stefan's kind words. Compliments were always good, and a nice comment could make Palla's day.
Stefan laughed. Palla didn't know if it was at her, or just because the man laughed a lot. I hope he's not laughing at me.
"I-I am going to start a carving shop, l-later this season. W-When my shop is approved, I-I'll get more tools. I-I'm used to working with gouges, b-but I can carve with just a knife." Palla took the bird from the man, and held it carefully in her hand.
"Yes." Palla replied to the man's question. " I love the arts. Music, paintings, plays, you name it."
Palla chuckled nervously at the man's joke. What kind of joke is that?
Palla Frostfawn
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

A kind request

Postby Stefan on February 21st, 2014, 11:12 am

A Vantha? It was odd, but again, he hadn’t met a Vantha before, and if he had, he didn’t remember it. It was good to know about another race, however, as it was always interesting. Of course, he didn’t want to give her the wrong impression “Well, that’s interesting... and actually, aquamarine suits you well, you know.”

Stefan already liked this innocent girl, but his head clicked when he heard that Palla was a carver by profession, and was about to get her own business. His carvings where quite nice, and he could appreciate it. He got an idea for that, without a reason at all. Was it kindness? Probably, or maybe it was just because. It was a good reason, as good as any other, at least for him.

“You know...” he began to say, with an interested tone “I actually need something... and I thought that you could help me with it. I moved to the city recently, but my house... needs something to cheer it up. Maybe a wooden carving? And since you’re here, I would like to make a request, if that’s okay with you.”

He paused for a bit, and smiled.

“I was thinking, I don’t know... the carving of a woman, maybe? Or a songbird, I like those... maybe even a nice drum! Oh, so many options, I can’t decide...” he laughed a little bit, and winked at Palla “What do you think? We can talk about the price, if you want.”
Last edited by Stefan on February 27th, 2014, 7:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Stefan
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

A kind request

Postby Palla Frostfawn on February 24th, 2014, 9:00 pm

"A-Aquamarine suits me well?"Palla asked "I-I think purple is the best, though." She joked. As she said this, Palla's eyes began to take on a purplish tint. After all, the joke had amused her, and her eyes turned purple when she was happy. "O-One of the perks of being a Vantha. O-Or downfalls, depending on how you view it."

Palla listened carefully as the man talked. She knew where this was going. Sure enough, the man was asking for a carving. Well, I can't just say no, can I? I hate taking requests for people though, I always worry it won't be good enough. At least when people just take what carving suits then, I know they like it. Requests make for more satisfied customers and better business, however.

"Y-Yes, I would be happy to make you a carving. W-What are you thinking of?" Palla listened as the man listed a couple of things.

"I-I'm leaning more towards a songbird, b-but you can choose whatever you want. B-Be forewarned, though. I-I'm not the greatest with details. I-I'm thinking you would want a small or medium carving, right? D-Don't be afraid to prove me wrong i-if you would like a large carving though." Palla thought for a moment. Did he just wink at me? Why? "H-How does around five silver mizas to a gold miza sound?" "I-It depends on the size of course."
Palla Frostfawn
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

A kind request

Postby Stefan on February 27th, 2014, 1:05 am

“It always depends, my dear. For you, it’s definitely a perk; it makes you look exotic.” He snickered a little bit. She was indeed adorable, even with the stammering. He just accommodated himself in the bench when Palla.

Stefan nodded when she spoke, considering the possibilities. “Aye, a songbird is fine... I would really like it. Small size... just the right to be in on a table, as a nice decoration and don’t worry about the details, I’m not that picky about that... still, I would like something. On the side, I would like it to have an inscription: “The Songbird of the Suvan Sea”. It’s... something personal...” he smiled fondly, as if remembering something fondly.

“Heh, sorry about that, just daydreaming a little bit. Anyway... it’s a fair price, but what about two golden mizas? Consider it a help to start your business... you do a good job, after all, and I really want that carving...”

He winked at her again and chuckled slightly. He didn’t know if that was reasonable, but he really liked the attitude of the Vantha; it was really adorable. Besides, he has some plans... one day; he was going to need a figurehead for a ship. But that day was far away, and it was convenient to know a person that knows about carving.
Stefan
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

A kind request

Postby Palla Frostfawn on March 2nd, 2014, 6:04 pm

OOCSorry for all the late posts! I try to respond within a day, but I got busy...
Palla blushed at the man’s compliment and looked to the ground. Palla was so used to looking to the ground when she talked, that she didn’t even know that she did it. She wasn’t used to people praising her looks, as in Avanthal she had looked quite normal among all the Vanthas. “T-Thank you.” Is he flirting with me? That was another thing that Palla wasn’t very familiar with herself.

She watched as the man nodded and said what he would like on the bird. The songbird of the Suvan Sea? I wonder what that’s all about… Maybe he was or is a sailor? The inscription will be tough, but I can probably do it good enough… What if I can’t? Palla ventured to ask the man a question. I hope this doesn’t sound rude… “A-Are you a sailor?” [/i] Riverfall is near the Suvan sea, right? I hope I’m not confused… That did sound kind of rude… I hope he doesn’t think badly of me for asking.[/i] Palla snuck a glance at the man and looked quickly away so he wouldn’t think Palla was staring at him. I’m scaring away a potential customer, aren’t I? “U-Um, That will probably be around f-five silver mizas then…”

I wonder what the man’s past was like. I think he’s a sailor, or he wouldn’t mention the sea, would he? Who knows? I wonder why he is flirting-is that flirting-with me? Maybe he deos it to everyone. I don’t like those kind of people who put on a charming act just so they can bring someone to their bed… I don’t think he’s like that, though. He seems nice enough As Palla thought, she realized that an awkward silence was growing in between them, or at least, that’s what it felt like to her.
Palla Frostfawn
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

A kind request

Postby Stefan on March 11th, 2014, 11:08 pm

Stefan nodded at her question “I am... well, was. Spent three years at sea, living all kind of adventures... of course, that are just things from the past, but I have no regrets about it... maybe I’ll start plotting shenanigans in the spring? The cold slows one down...” he paused a little bit, and then continued “Anyway... that would make for a nice memento, doesn’t it? So there’s that... also, maybe we can have a deal” he smiled again “You’re making a carving shop, right? Maybe, when I get a ship –if I get a ship –May I request you the figurehead? It would be really nice...”

He paused for a moment, letting a silence brew between them. She seemed innocent enough, and wasn’t responding to his flirting... maybe she wasn’t interested? Fair enough, but at least he was going to make a conversation. “So, you just came from Avanthal or something? I’ve been there only once and never stayed away from the docks... I honestly can’t stand the cold... what do you do to keep yourself warm, I wonder?”

It was not too subtle, but again, it was hard to be subtle in these circumstances. He was just hoping she was not offended; he really wanted that carving.

OOCAgain, I'm so very sorry for taking so long...
Stefan
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Next