[Location] The Wolf's Den

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A lawless town of anarchists, built on the ruins of an ancient mining city. [Lore]

Moderator: Morose

[Location] The Wolf's Den

Postby Leviathan on July 11th, 2011, 5:20 am

The Wolf's Den

So far as organization goes, the Wolf's Den is given its space. Home to the most sinister cutthroats in all of Sunberth anyone without a weapon is usually dead within seconds of entering the north-eastern portion of the city, their body used for decoration, rape, or even just looted and desecrated. Sick and deranged, the Den - as the locals call it - is the home of Dastana Nariette and her pack of wild dogs, groups of individuals renown for killing anyone for the slightest infringement on anything they consider "sacred".

The Den itself is actually a wide range of run-down buildings in solid disrepair. It borders the old mining tunnels to the north and thus makes for a dreary atmosphere, the houses all small and clumped together with whatever bindings can be found. There are no new buildings as any recent structures use material from the old architecture, low on both skill and materials. Nevertheless the Den stands in proud defiance of its sinking nature, the inhabitants content to live in their muck. There are various "Safe Houses" located through out the Den, areas agreed upon by the locals where you can't kill anyone - fight, sure, but death is responded to in kind by another death, often that of the idiot that broke one of the only rules in the entire damn city. These safe houses act as a gathering point for some of the more criminal elements in the city where they can discuss deals and negotiate terms for whatever it is they have in mind. The "no death" rule is off as soon as one leaves the house though, which results in individuals bringing guards anyway.

Even neutral territory is proven to be deadly in Sunberth.

Places of Note
NPCs

Dastana Nariette

No one screws with Dastana. That's just the way of things. A Half-Blood Myrian outside of Falyndar is something to fear. Dastana makes every effort to remind the populace of such a truth. Physically adept, she is one of the most vicious combatants inside the city and kills without a second thought. She is cold, efficient, and savage in her demeanor; the wrong word on a good day will get your throat cut, the right words on a bad day will net you a lifetime of suffering. No one so much as respects the woman as fears her and well within reason. Dastana has been known to offer protection for anybody for the right price, though she isn't known for being easily negotiated with, nor being refused. Entering business proposals with Dastana is either a purse-lightening experience, or a blood-letting nightmare. Dastana, unless personally conducting business, never shows her face in public, night or day.

Skills - Intimidation 55, Weapon: Khopesh 65, Stealth 40, Flux 27, Brawling 52, Leadership 52

Karis, Dastana's Hound

While Dastana is a frightening individual, her image is only heightened by the addition of Karis. An Alpha Wolf Kelvic, Karis lives for nothing more than the hunt. He is violent, large, and near-peerless warrior, giving even a well-trained Akalak a hard time of fight. Together with his pack mates, a large group of additional wolf Kelvics, Karis does Dastana's dirty work and can find most anyone anywhere in the city. When Karis is on your trail you're as good as dead.

Skills - Tracking 76, Unarmed Combat 56, Intimidation 42, Body Building 55, Stealth 43, Intelligence 28, Hunting 54

Any encounter with NPCs must be Moderated
Bad News Everybody. School is picking up, Exams are beginning to happen, homework is growing time consuming, I may soon be evicted from my apartment, I'm dealing with severe and physical fights among several of my best friends, and I can't seem to find a time to get much needed sleep. I'm terribly sorry, but don't expect to see much of me for a long while.
Leviathan
Adapt, Migrate, or Die

Words: 281278
Joined roleplay: July 25th, 2010, 6:57 pm
Race: Staff account
Character sheet
Office
Scrapbook