[Gug Andjak ]A haunting amongst the dead[Elaine Spade]

Clyde and Elaine are once more reunited

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

An undead citadel created before the cataclysm, Sahova is devoted to all kinds of magical research. The living may visit the island, if they are willing to obey its rules. [Lore]

Postby Clyde Sullins on February 22nd, 2014, 4:01 pm

67 Winter 513

Clyde had been spending quite a lot of time in the labs. In fact, he had just yesterday finished a fifteen day long stint in the labs, working on his enchantment for his Judgement.

However in his hurry to be done and get out, he realized he had left something behind. His favorite quill... Well, it was an old quill, one he had been using for awhile, not technically his favorite one, but as close to a favorite as he had.

So he found himself heading back to the familiar lab to search for it.

As he entered, he glanced over, saw the pedestal where he had done his work, the table that had held his hammers for Magecrafting, and...

Did a double take. All of his Glyphing, the runes he had spent bells making, the true work of a master, was gone.

"What the petch! What?"

Looking around, Clyde did not see a single mark of his paint. All gone. And it had not simply vanished, it had not been used up, not runes of the potency he had made... Someone had gone through and cleaned them all up, erasing them!

He supposed it was their right, it was a public lab, and his usage of it was over. But still... It was just rude to destroy someone else work, particularly when it was of such high quality.

Letting out a sigh, Clyde looked about the lab in which he had spent the previous fifteen days. In some ways he was glad to be gone... In others... Not so much. After all, it was always a let down after a project was completed.
Clydes Stuff

I am actually in RL a super intelligent hamster from Rhode Island, with a 7 year plan to take over the world.

Update 6/2/18- 1:10AM EST: His 7 year plan a success, and several weeks ahead of schedule, Clyde leaves to oversee the world he has taken over.

No new threads after end of Spring 518-Will still be checking for PM's occasionally, but focusing on a new character.

Graders note: :
Please be aware Clyde is a master Magecrafter. He therefore should not be gaining full xp(or possibly shouldn't gain any at all) for simple tasks related to this magic, such as low level MC items, particularly for repetitions of creations he has done before. Feel free to contact me if unsure of a instance of his magic use compared to his skill level.
Clyde Sullins
Player

Words: 2343955
Joined roleplay: June 18th, 2011, 1:14 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Overlored (1) Donor (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Elaine Spade on February 22nd, 2014, 4:41 pm

A lot day had passed since her searching. No luck, but also she was spending her time to wander around the city. The same she did when she had arrived at Ravok. This city was just as strange as Ravok. Not bad though. But Elaine was alone here and was quite unsure how this city worked. All she knew that it had a great deal with magic. Magic she had never seen before. It was scary and at the same time it was fascinating and interesting.

She decided that she checks the labs again. This time she might have a little luck. She just had to see Wanda so she won't be trapped in the Courtyard. And so she did. The same process and she could freely wander off. She entered the Gug Andjak. Elaine started to look around again silently, not disturbing any nuits who were working hard on their researching. When she heard a frustrated voice, a familiar frustrated voice. She looked in at one of the lab when she saw the man.

A tall man, with brown hair. Elaine went closer and she could see his face...

"Finally. Finally IT'S YOU! CLYDE!"

Elaine was so happy she tried to hug Clyde from the back but all she managed to do is going through him. She forgot, she was still a ghost. She turned around and staring at Clyde, and looked rather embarrassed. Clyde could only recognize Elaine's voice and clothes. Her appearance has slightly changed since their meeting. Not the 16 years old girl was standing there, but a little more matured girl. "That was... awkward. Sorry about it! But at the end we have met again. I'm so happy to see you, Clyde!"
Elaine Spade
Player

Words: 166350
Joined roleplay: October 30th, 2012, 5:29 pm
Race: Ghost
Character sheet

Postby Clyde Sullins on February 23rd, 2014, 2:04 pm

Clyde was busy fuming a bit, and trying to think what he should do next, when when felt a chill run down his spine, followed by hearing a all to familiar voice.

"Finally. Finally IT'S YOU! CLYDE!"

Clyde began to turn to face the voice, but before he could he got a back full of ghost as Elaine came at him, once more trying to hug him... Which did not translate too well when dealing with a ghost.

It was like being dunked into ice water, ice water that instantly soaked down to his bones and his soul. Certainly not a pleasant experience by any means.

"That was... awkward. Sorry about it! But at the end we have met again. I'm so happy to see you, Clyde!"

Turning to face the ghost, Clyde pulled his robes a bit tighter, a shiver running through him.

"Elaine? You have got to stop doing that..."

He had recognized her by her voice, but after looking at her for a moment, he noticed her appearance was changed. He had not even known ghosts could do that. He had seen a ghost change its clothes before between interactions, but to alter her personal appearance? That seemed different.

He could not help being puzzled though by meeting her here. Had she followed him here, was she haunting him? Or wait, could a spiritist be haunted? Or when it involved a spiritist was it just considered normal to have a ghost around.

"What... What are you doing on Sahova?"
Clydes Stuff

I am actually in RL a super intelligent hamster from Rhode Island, with a 7 year plan to take over the world.

Update 6/2/18- 1:10AM EST: His 7 year plan a success, and several weeks ahead of schedule, Clyde leaves to oversee the world he has taken over.

No new threads after end of Spring 518-Will still be checking for PM's occasionally, but focusing on a new character.

Please be aware Clyde is a master Magecrafter. He therefore should not be gaining full xp(or possibly shouldn't gain any at all) for simple tasks related to this magic, such as low level MC items, particularly for repetitions of creations he has done before. Feel free to contact me if unsure of a instance of his magic use compared to his skill level.
Clyde Sullins
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Elaine Spade on February 23rd, 2014, 3:03 pm

Elaine looked down in her embarrassment. She always did that. The moment she feeled happy and wanted an interaction with somebody she forgot she was a ghost, not thinking that the other person would have a shiver because of her cold touch. "Sorry." She muttered. "This won't happen again." At least she will try and not do it. She looked back at Clyde.

Clyde looked healthy and the same to her. She was happy by it. She had some thoughts that he might have turned a nuit himself, but she always thought it's stupid. She was staring at Clyde and smiled a bit at his question. She couldn't help but be a little disappointed that Clyde didn't share her enthusiasm. But why would he? Gathering her thoughts and pondering what to say after a little time, she finally answered to him. "I wanted to see you." She said.

"The reason I'm here, is you!" She had a skip there. It was all strange to talk to him again. "I have done what I had to. My past is my past and not my present anymore." She was a ghost, she died, but Elaine for the first time, she felt she lived. If not literally. Her smile was wilder now. "I live! I live my unlife! I want to live that unlife with you. I owe it to you. You have helped me more than anybody to achieve this. Now, it's my time to help."
Elaine Spade
Player

Character sheet

Postby Clyde Sullins on February 23rd, 2014, 3:58 pm

"Sorry. This won't happen again."

Clyde shook his head, "Thats what you said last time... And the time before that... And yet you just did it again."

As for why she was there...

"I wanted to see you."

Which confirmed that Elaine was here for him, to follow him... A part of him liked the idea, that she was interested enough in him and liked him enough to have hunted him down and found him... But another part of his mind felt it was a bit... Obsessive.

He was unsure which one was taking the forefront though, his worry about being stalked by a ghost, or his satisfaction that he was the one she was following and had taken a interest in...

"The reason I'm here, is you! I have done what I had to. My past is my past and not my present anymore. I live! I live my unlife! I want to live that unlife with you. I owe it to you. You have helped me more than anybody. Now, it's my time."

Clyde paused for a moment, not really sure how to take it.

"Sorry, its just a lot to take at once, you caught me by surprise. Not that I'm not flattered... What is it exactly that you are seeking in this newly renewed unlife? I am unsure how much I could really help you... I'm not even that strong a spiritist."
Clydes Stuff

Clyde Sullins
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Elaine Spade on February 23rd, 2014, 5:52 pm

Elaine laughed a bit. "I thought you know me better than that." She said, still laughing a bit. But she paused again for a bit. How should she answer to that? She wasn't sure either, she just knew she had to. She stepped back from Clyde, looking back and checked the table. It was empty. She took a seat there. "I was never with you in Ravok, because you knew a little bit of spiritsm."

She started. Her eyes were still just staring Clyde. Her smile was still wide. For her the atmosphere was better and better. She felt safe and warm. "I told you once, I'm your friend. I like you. I'm not here because I need your help.. well depending on how we see it. I don't need your spiritism. You are you and that's why I'm here. It's I who want to help you whenever you need it. "

She felt that for this conversation she needed to be more mortal like. For that she had materialized all of her body. She was looked like a painting again, but not so perfectly. She didn't focus on it too much, so her power won't run out. She had strange habits. But she started to overthink everything. Maybe that was uncomfortable for him. She was too quick. "Okay that was really quick. I'm just... excited. Perhaps a little bit too much. I'm creepy, aren't I? I have a stupid wish and dream again?"
Elaine Spade
Player

Character sheet

Postby Clyde Sullins on February 26th, 2014, 9:16 pm

"I thought you know me better than that."

"I was never with you in Ravok, because you knew a little bit of spiritsm."

"I told you once, I'm your friend. I like you. I'm not here because I need your help.. well depending on how we see it. I don't need your spiritism. You are you and that's why I'm here. It's I who want to help you whenever you need it. "

"Okay that was really quick. I'm just... excited. Perhaps a little bit too much. I'm creepy, aren't I? I have a stupid wish and dream again?"

"No, its not that just... It's just, I've not had the easiest time with such things, with finding people to trust. I've had far to many examples of being in a place I felt safe, only to later learn I was wrong and regret it. Perhaps its made me a bit of a cynic, questioning peoples motives and thinking the worst of them..."

"My experiences simply make it a bit hard for me to see things that way. But if you do have a need, a dream that you wish to fulfill, I don't see how I could turn that down. Its not like your dream conflicts with my own. And to be honest, my own goals and dreams tend to be a bit more... Vague. I don't think even I understand them."

Clyde paused for a moment, and looked over Elaine, wondering why her appearance had changed from before... It seemed a odd thing for a ghost to be able to do.

"So... Are you hungry? I'm sure you've come a long way to get here. I haven't made any soulmist in a long time, nor is mine the best, but I bet I could find something to use, and whip up something passable. I've been meaning to look around for some edible stuff anyways. Would you like to come with me to look for some ingredients? Maybe in that thorny forest place?"
Clydes Stuff

Clyde Sullins
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Elaine Spade on March 2nd, 2014, 6:52 pm

Her smile wasn't that bright anymore but she was still smiling. She never knew what was Clyde dream. It was always just her things. She wanted to change that. But she didn't want to ask it now. They had ton of times. "I will help you, and be with you anywhere, anytime. " She stand up from the table.

Hungry. She wasn't sure what he meant with it. She hadn't really feel hungry for a long time. For soulmist, Wanda's soulmist was powerful enough. She didn't know if she should tell Clyde. After a little consideration she decided she won't tell him. His soulmist was not that much, she could take it and at least Clyde could practice it and he can get better at it. She nodded. "Again you ask what I need. Yes, I changed much more than you. But it's good that way."
Elaine Spade
Player

Character sheet

Postby Clyde Sullins on March 2nd, 2014, 7:53 pm

Clyde did not notice Elaine's reaction to his words. Nor did he notice how he had unintentionally pushed the topic back to Elaine and her needs, without speaking of his own. Perhaps this was in part because those needs and goals where unknown even to Clyde...

Or perhaps there was a deeper reason to it, a more secretive one.

"I will help you, and be with you anywhere, anytime."

A small grin came across Clyde's face, as he saw Elaine and her unblinking eyes. Seeing that, a sudden memory came to the forefront, that of a mouthless grey creature that had attacked him. He had realized after that it moved when he blinked and was not watching it, and that if he had a ghost nearby, he likely could have stopped it from moving and pinned it down. Perhaps even finishing it off.

"Again you ask what I need. Yes, I changed much more than you. But it's good that way."

"Well perhaps on our walk, I could tell you a tale or two of my journey. And surely you've had a interesting experience or two since we last met. Met some interesting people, done some interesting things."

With that, Clyde began walking out of the labs, heading back for the surface and outside. Once he got out there, he would head for the training grounds, and eventually the forest of thorns. But likely by the time they had traveled that far he would have long since finished his tale.

"One experience comes to mind, right away."

"It was a few seasons back, when I was in the wilds on the way to Nyka. My group was going to take a boat from there directly to Zeltiva. Anyways, I had gone off on my own for a bit, with Rye at my side, when I ran into a... Presence. I've never felt a aura so strong. And I heard a voice speaking, but without actually talking. Like it was directly to my mind."

"I thought I saw motion, a flash of movement and white out of the corner of my eye, but I could not quite catch it. That's when I finally used my Auristics to find it. I was almost blinded, but it then chose to make itself known and visible. It was a monster, it appeared as some half morphed creature, with utterly black eyes, and no mouth. It was like a crazy hodgepodge of things, a mix of a wolf, a snake, and a man."
Clydes Stuff

Clyde Sullins
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Elaine Spade on March 5th, 2014, 4:04 pm

The small smile on Clyde's face made Elaine feel even better. So now he got it, and accepted it. At least Elaine took it like that. Like Anna did when she had met with her, Clyde was lost in his thoughts for a moment too. She was wondering if the place took this effect on people who was alive or for other matter. But she didn't care about these little things now.

She came off from the table. She was going after Clyde as he was going out. They walked out the labs and went back to the surface. Elaine was also wondering what kind of interesting experience she had. Other than her work at the library. She was just telling people to be quiet and put books back to their place. Only the horrible trauma came to mind where she killed somebody.

But that thought had gone for now as it had came to her mind. She was listening to Clyde's story. Rye. She didn't hear that person. That creature was a powerful one and scary. Mouthless, black eyes, never read of them in the library either. "And I thought Sahova has monstrous and strange monsters. What did it want? "
Elaine Spade
Player

Character sheet

Next