Placeholder Lets Find Some Tailored Treasures.

Reven and Kavala go shopping.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Built into the cliffs overlooking the Suvan Sea, Riverfall resides on the edge of grasslands of Cyphrus where the Bluevein River plunges off the plain and cascades down to the inland sea below. Home of the Akalak, Riverfall is a self-supporting city populated by devoted warriors. [Riverfall Codex]

Lets Find Some Tailored Treasures.

Postby Kavala on March 1st, 2014, 6:27 am

Timestamp: 72nd of Winter, 513 A.V.

They were running out of time to even find a dress for The Ice Masquerade. With just eight days until the big ball, Vanator was on her to get some sort of dress to go. She had perfectly acceptable dresses in the closet, but they weren't officially ball gowns like evidently the Mask required. And her brother, as Ankal, was not to be disobeyed when he ordered her to get a dress and that she was indeed going. Staying home and playing with the babies and mourning the loss of her relationship with Riaris wasn't going to last long, not with Vanator on watch.

She'd go and she'd dance, and she'd not long forget the event. That's what he'd told her and having been raised as a Drykas, when an Ankal spoke an order it was for a good reason and wasn't to be ignored.

That didn't mean she'd have to go alone. So Kavala gathered her things, some coin, got ready to go to town and hunted down Reven to see if she wanted to by chance join her.

The Konti quietly tapped on her door, waited, and then spoke. "Reven... come on.. you need to let me in, get dressed, and go with me to town if you have an ounce of pity in you. Vanator is making me to go to the ball and I don't want to go alone. Come with me.. .lets go get dresses together... my treat. Are you up for some shopping?" The Konti asked, having already been rejected by several of the Sanctuary denizens. Chalce said flat out no. Cadra had rolled her eyes and said she was staying home to watch the babies.. crowds were something she hated.

So truth be told Reven was Kavala's last hope to not be actually shopping alone nor accompanying her brother by herself. The Konti still had hopes that Reven and Vanator would hit it off. The Kelvic was more than old enough to bond, and Vanator was trying hard not to be sad about Sybel leaving... so maybe a beautiful distraction like Reven in a ball gown would help.

"Reven? I know your in there!"
Kavala tapped on the guest room door again, knowing Raven was inside. She could feel her curiosity and her startlment at being abruptly recruited even through the stone door.

Last edited by Kavala on March 2nd, 2014, 5:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Sanctuary The Sanctuary Forum Riverfall The Cytali
Reverie Isle Wolf Creek Training Course
Please Note:
  • This pc is maxed out in Animal Husbandry, Medicine, Observation, Rhetoric, and Socialization.
  • Kavala a Master Teacher. Students she is teaching in thread can earn more than the maxium 5 XP per thread.
  • This pc has a Konti Gift of Animal Empathy. She has a superpower from a Riverfall city event that allows animals of all sorts and Kelvics (in kelvic form) to speak clear understandable Common around her.
  • Kavala is a Konti but was raised in the Drykas culture so her accent is entirely Pavi though she can speak Common, Pavi, and Tukant well. She's only conversational in Kontinese.
Kavala
I am more than the sum of my parts.

Words: 3295757
Joined roleplay: October 25th, 2009, 1:46 am
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 17
Featured Thread (1) Mizahar Grader (1)
Trailblazer (2) Overlored (1)
Master Merchant (1) Donor (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Riverfall Seasonal Challenge (2) 2014 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Reven Heath on March 1st, 2014, 6:29 am

Her fingers worked away at leather hide as she sat perched atop her bed of pelts. She was focused, in the zone, and trying quickly to stitch together a leather vest for when spring came. Before her project started, she made sure to purchase and stretch the leather so it would be thin enough for what she wanted to do. Finding someone to do this for her, let alone paying them, had been quite a difficult task but once the leather had been stretched, the Kelvic had shut herself in to focus on the garment. She wanted to further her craft so that she could one day impress an employeer enough to earn a decent pay.

Building her skill was important, not only in her craft but in combat as well. Ever since she met the Konti beauty, Reven had been told numerous times that there was nothing she needed to prove but the Kelvic disagreed. There was quite a bit and Reven attempted time and time again to show her improved skills to the habitants of the Sanctuary, mainly one person. Reven tried her best to hide it but under his gaze, she didn't care. As long as he knew she was capable, she was skilled, and she was a worthy companion, that was all she needed.

Reven jumped suddenly at the pounding on her door. She didn't notice someone had been knocking and quickly stood to greet the person. Upon cracking the door open, her eyes widened at the sight of Kavala standing before her and with haste, she tumbled out of her room. There were pelts skinned from the dead animals she had caught piled onto her bed and Reven didn't want Kavala to see them. She was afraid the woman would be offended, if not upset with her for bringing them into the Sanctuary. Reven smiled toward the Konti, blocking the knob and making it quite obvious she was hiding something. "Kavala! I'm sorry, I didn't hear you knocking, what can I do for you today?" Words rushed out of her mouth. "Did something happen in the pastures? I made sure to mark them last night like you told me to." A moment past before the Kelvic realize she never asked the Konti what she was doing at her door. Reven knew she was caught. Kavala wasn't a fool. Reven hoped the woman would be merciful and not persist to see what was behind the door.

"Sorry, what can I help you with..? Oh, you said something about the ball? I don't know if I can go Kavala... I'm actually in the middle of something right now. Maybe Cadra could go with you?" Her entire expression, nay, her presences changed upon hearing his name dropped. "Oh, um... Vanator's going..?" Reven tapped her thumbs together, a nervous habit of her's, and acted as if she was pondering on the idea of going. Why was she even trying to fake lack of interest? Both of them knew how Reven felt. "Well, I suppose I could take a break to help you dress shop, though I'm not sure if I can go... Dances aren't really my thing." Those were lies and she hoped Kavala would call her on them.

What she really wanted to express to the Konti was her excitement at the opportunity to meet the man in formal garb and dance and, by the Gods, she would dance with him. Not only did she want an excuse to see him but she also wanted to spend time with the Denusk siblings. Needless to say, Kavala had become her closest friend. "Do you want to leave now? I'm ready to go if you're set as well. Did you have anything in mind for an outfit? What's Vanator wear..? Are you wanting to match him?" A sly smile crawled onto the Kelvic's features. "Or maybe we could find you something that shows a little skin. When's the last time you've been asked out? Hmm?"
Reven Heath
Happy memories.

Words: 213556
Joined roleplay: February 3rd, 2014, 2:26 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Kavala on March 3rd, 2014, 6:09 am

Kavala laughed and snaked out her hand to catch Reven by the wrist as soon as the door popped open. She paused as the kelvic woman spoke, but then tossed her head and laughed at Reven's protests.

"No no... cut the scat. You know you want to go. This means dresses, masks, makeup, and maybe our hair done. Besides, you need more clothing anyhow. We're feeding you up and what you got is practically rags. Let's go get you a wardrobe while we are at it. Come on... Reven. Vanator will be dressing devastatingly handsome and you know it. Besides, I need you to go eat anyone who remotely looks at him like hes lunch. You know how the women of Riverfall are."
Kavala said, and with that she gave Reven a gentle but firm yank at the wrist, extracting her from her room without a glance at the contents.

Skins wouldn't have upset the Konti one bit, truth be told. And if she knew Reven needed a place to work on them, she'd definitely have expanded a workroom for the Kelvic had she known.

But that was something for another time. Here and now there was a multitude of wardrobe issues that needed to be solved with shopping... and besides, both women needed a day out.

"Glad your ready to go. The sooner we get gone the harder it is for you to change your mind. I won't do this alone. I hate shopping. I have no idea what to get besides nothing white. I hate white and everyone expects Konti to wear it. Black, if possible, or something darker in color like blood red or shimmery deep blue. I don't want to match him but you should. I'm just going for the food. By the Gods, Reven, the food will be extraordinary. You'll see. That's why you have to go. Vanator needs a guard that's not related that they will take seriously." She said, practically dragging the kelvic through the Within to the tunnel so they could go up, through the gates, and out across the arena where Aweston had Sivak harnessed up to the pony cart. The chocolate covered stallion simply eyed Reven suspiciously and snorted as the girls hopped on the cart, waved thanks at Aweston, and headed to town.

"I've not been on a date since Ralac was conceived I think. His father didn't take me anywhere. But I can't wait to go out to this one... if for nothing more than to see some old Nakivak friends I haven't seen in a while."
She said, traversing the road that lead to the Kabrin and then heading out towards the city turning south. They were soon at the gates and then at a row of shops that housed dresses.

"I'd go to Rosela's place but I believed she's been picked over. Her dresses always go first being the best." Kavala said with a frown, wondering why she hadn't checked the woman's shop earlier. "We could try some of these other tailors though. Maybe they have something. What do you want to wear? I peeked at what Vanator was going to wear and let me see....." Kavala paused, thinking... what was it her brother was wearing after all?

"It's a dark green blue trimmed shirt with black pants. He usually wears a bronze dagger, hair tie, and sometimes a torque. Think we can find something like that for you to match? Oh... you know what? We should find something in liquid bronze... maybe trimmed in black. That would be stunning on your skin tone." Kavala said, suddenly wishing she'd talked Orabelle to coming with. The woman had a far better eye for color than Kavala did.

"What do you think? Start here? Or is there somewhere else you know to go?"
Kavala said, pointing at a random shop.
The Sanctuary The Sanctuary Forum Riverfall The Cytali
Reverie Isle Wolf Creek Training Course
Please Note:
  • This pc is maxed out in Animal Husbandry, Medicine, Observation, Rhetoric, and Socialization.
  • Kavala a Master Teacher. Students she is teaching in thread can earn more than the maxium 5 XP per thread.
  • This pc has a Konti Gift of Animal Empathy. She has a superpower from a Riverfall city event that allows animals of all sorts and Kelvics (in kelvic form) to speak clear understandable Common around her.
  • Kavala is a Konti but was raised in the Drykas culture so her accent is entirely Pavi though she can speak Common, Pavi, and Tukant well. She's only conversational in Kontinese.
Kavala
I am more than the sum of my parts.

Words: 3295757
Joined roleplay: October 25th, 2009, 1:46 am
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 17
Featured Thread (1) Mizahar Grader (1)
Trailblazer (2) Overlored (1)
Master Merchant (1) Donor (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Riverfall Seasonal Challenge (2) 2014 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Reven Heath on March 3rd, 2014, 7:22 pm

It was amazing how quickly her cheeks were stained red in that single moment and before the Kelvic could think any further, she was being pulled forward by the woman. A soft scowl settled upon her face as Reven followed Kavala, embarrassed by her obvious affection for the man. She didn't like getting emotionally worked up over him even as obvious as it was that she had some form of attraction for the Drykas. Groaning softly, the Kelvic pushed her hand into her brown tresses. "Kavala, you realize I am one of those women? Besides, wouldn't it be rude to impose my presence on him at such a place? Aren't Cadra and Larik going? It would be strange for them and maybe even for him. And petch, what if something did happen there? You know I take biting people quite literally. Jesting, especially when it comes to that man, is something I don't do lightly." Reven's stern expression shifted into one of concern. "Kavala, he is your brother... Has he said anything to you...? About, well, anything?" Looking to the woman for answers, Reven made it obvious what details she was asking her for.

The Kelvic wanted to kick herself. How hard was it to just walk up to Vanator and tell him what she thought of him..?!

His eyes were very distracting, that's why...

Reven sighed. "By the Gods, this could either be the most uncomfortable night of my life or one of the best... I hope it's the latter." Following the Konti through the within, up the tunnels, and out into the courtyard where Aweston stood with Sivak, the Kelvic gave the horse a small smile. Over the course of the season, it wasn't just relationships she had developed with people but also animal friendships. Sivak and Reven were acquainted and comfortable within each other's presence, but ask her to ride him and she would soon be met with a kick to the stomach and her face in the dirt. She would never ride that horse, not even if someone paid her 1000 gold mizas.

Helping herself onto the cart, the Kelvic settled herself next to Kavala as she pulled away from the Sanctuary and off to Riverfall. She was able to pick up bits and pieces of what had happened with her past relationship since the time the Lioness settled in and understood how troubling it was on the Konti. "Don't think you're off the hook on this one, Kavala. Even if you plan to mingle, I'm making sure someone approaches you for a date, be it man or woman." Reven erupted into a fit of giggles, making a silent prayer in hopes of actually seeing it happen. "You know how the women of Riverfall can be, heheh."

Sliding from the cart once they arrived at the many shops housing fashionable attire did Reven pause with concern. Over the years, Reven had never met a moment she didn't feel secure in her skin. Even when she was as naked as a newborn, she held no contempt over the many scars of life marring her flesh. Now they were about to go dress shopping and possibly find the most revealing gown to show off every curve, nook, and cranny of the Kelvic's figure. Reven didn't mind looking presentable but she knew the scars would detract from her overall appearance. Make up could only hide some much and did she really want to be covered with it? Turning to the Konti, Reven tapped her cheek in contemplation. "Well, maybe something covered up to the neck? Sleeveless maybe?" If she had her way, she would wear nothing...

Nothing but her warm fur.

"We can try these shops, I don't mind. You wanted a black dress, right? I'm sure we'll be able to find something to flatter that figure of yours." Latching onto the woman's wrist, Reven pulled her into the shop and began hunting for the gowns. Taking into consideration the information her friend had given her, Reven set out to find something in a bronze or golden color. Sadly enough, shifting through the assorted gowns rewarded her with empty hand and so, returned to the woman with a dress for her instead. "Hey, I found this, what do you think? It shimmers, see?" Holding the black garment out for Kavala to take, Reven inspected the gown with thin fingers. There were sequence glittering in an arranged pattern that looked to be of a butterfly, stitch eloquently across the dress, giving it a radiant appearance. It was actually quite beautiful but the Kelvic wasn't too sure if her Konti friend wanted to wear something so revealing. "Hmm, maybe I should find something else..." She decided, walking back to the dresses once more.

Gown after gown, she pushed each aside finding irritation with the simplicity of some of the designs. It appeared all of the finer dressed had been taken. Reven was about to give up when her finger caught silk, golden fabric hidden away within the sea of black fabric. Pulling it forth, hazel eyes widened in awe of the design sewed into the dress. Much in the same way as the other gown Reven had located for Kavala, there were stones etched into the fabric of the dress, each one illuminating colors of orange, red, yellow, turquoise, and blue. It was a gown that hung from her shoulders with a decollete neckline decorated with silver and blue sequence. When moving down the length of the dress, the color shifted like a burning flame, till it settled into soft, chiffon, bronze waves at the bottom. It was a gorgeous dress that Reven fell in love with but knowing the detail and craftsmanship put into the item, she knew it would be pricey and the Kelvic was more than reluctant to present it to Kavala. Even so, she made he was back to the healer. "Kavala, what do you think about this? It's not much of a ball gown but do you think it would still fit at a party?"

DressImage I couldn't find something along the lines of what I was talking about so here's a rough idea of what the dress looks like.
Reven Heath
Happy memories.

Words: 213556
Joined roleplay: February 3rd, 2014, 2:26 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes