Flashback [The Arena of Ancients] Wanna Fight? (Tiza)

Since when is age a deterrent to a fight?

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Taloba, home to the Myrians, is the thriving core of Falyndar. Inhabited by a fierce and savage tribe where blood sacrifices are normal and a way of life, they are untamed and proud of it. Warlike, and with their numbers growing, the Myrians are set on reclaiming what is rightfully theirs. [Lore]

[The Arena of Ancients] Wanna Fight? (Tiza)

Postby Kaie on May 1st, 2014, 11:11 pm

Kaie scuffed sheepishly at the dirt, her eyes wandering toward the ground. It shouldn't have really surprised her. Myrian mothers were damn tough and for good reason. They were tasked with raising the Goddess Queen's next generation of soldiers to replenish the ranks that defended their lands. A host of green kids simply wouldn't do. Not in Falyndar. Lucky for Kaie, making an effort to train wasn't the issue. Her mother's greatest challenge was reeling her back to tend to other duties. Was it really not that understandable a child would choose bruises and blood over chopping wood?

"Glad I could help," She replied, giggling along with Tazi. Her tongue absently prodded the inner side of her swollen bottom lip. "Wear them proudly. Father says they don't really show shame in losing. They let people tell you're getting better." A hand reached up and scrubbed a streak of mud from the side of her neck. A trip to the stream near her clan lands would be necessary. "Watch out, though. The others here wouldn't have been as...kind as I was. If you know what I mean." Kaie jutted a thumb toward the crowd of cheering Myrians watching the nearby spar. The eyes of the spectators were just as wild as the violence taking place within the circle of bodies.

"A healer? I know they're around but I hardly even see anyone who'd pick patching wounds over creating them.," The youth confessed suddenly, nodding as Tiza confirmed her own suspicions. Her narrow shoulders rose and fell in a nonchalant shrug. "You're as Myrian as the rest of us. Besides, plenty more warriors would fall if there wasn't a healer behind the lines to dust them off, and then send them back to war." A bright smile spread across her face in light of her own revelation. Kaie gestured to the other girl's clotted nose. "At least when your mom sends you out for a beating you can practice that stuff on yourself. You must be way more patient than me. I hear creating the medicines can take time."[color=Burlywood]

Kaie
Player

Words: 1635197
Joined roleplay: May 9th, 2013, 3:13 am
Race: Myrian
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 7
Featured Character (1) Overlored (1)
Donor (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
One Million Words! (1) Riverfall Seasonal Challenge (1)
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Tazi on May 3rd, 2014, 11:34 pm

Tazi nodded at her suggestion. Her mother would have to be proud of her, at least for one night. She would relish in the new found attention. "Good advice. I am sure my clan will be proud of me for once." Tazi stated absently as her gaze wandered over to where Kaie was jutting her thumb. She could not understand why Myrian children found violence to be so rewarding. It simply made her sick knowing how much pain their were putting each other in. It made it worse knowing that they enjoyed it. She could see it in their eyes, just as well as Kaie could.

"My father was a healer. I am just following his teachings. You are right though. I just have to get good so I can save the lives of great fighters like you." Then she could relish in their glory from the side lines, knowing that she had been needed at some point in their lives. "Salves are difficult to make. My father taught me to make a lot at once so you had it on hand for use. Anyways, I should get back to my clan home. I need to get some of these cuts and wounds treated before they get infected. You should go get cleaned up too. Try and use clean water and some clean bandages too. If anyone you know is a healer, Vyfox works wonderfully to help stop the bleeding."

Tazi smiled, not really sure how to say goodbye to her new found friend. If they could call each other that. "Maybe we will see each other again. If we do, I'll train you in some medicine if you'll train me in some more fighting skills. Does that sound good?"

Once she got the answer, Tazi would scurry away excitedly, eager to get home to tell her story around the fire.

OOCLast post from me! This was great fun Kaie!
Tazi
of the Scattered Bones

Words: 123604
Joined roleplay: February 24th, 2014, 4:16 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Kaie on May 15th, 2014, 2:54 am

For all the showmanship she tried to bring with her into the ring to inspire confidence from her peers as well as herself, receiving a considerable amount of praise wasn't something Kaie was used to. Her clan often chose more humble and conservative leaders. Their rituals and beliefs were shrouded in the same mystery that clenched that of the night. Still it would seem heritage couldn't quite quell childish bravado in the youth entirely. At least Keikyo had a mind to tone it down the moment they entered their clan lands. It was like a sudden switch of personality within his head. Kaie wasn't so gifted with that kind of restraint.

It was a curious subject, the works of medicine. She could remember seeing elders returning from the jungle with bundles of harvested plants and roots for salves and what not. Each was said to have its own special power to cure an ailment. Sealing wounds, easing pain, and conquering infection were just some of the wonders the plants were said to work. Tazi certainly knew more about the worth of such skill than Kaie, and had she not been a child so focused on inflicting pain, she might've been jealous of the other girl's ability to heal.

"Sounds like a deal to me. All that about plants and salves, you might as well have spoken about it in some kind of barbarian language. Guess I should learn a thing or two eventually anyhow," She replied in good nature, nodding her head in agreement. Keikyo had lost interest in the fights nearby and instead opted to lean against a tree on the Arena's outskirts. They made brief eye contact but the message was clear: time to go. Kaie offered the other girl one final friendly grin and went on her way.

I'll see you soon, Tazi of the Scattered Bones. Sooner than either of us might think!"

Kaie
Player

Words: 1635197
Joined roleplay: May 9th, 2013, 3:13 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 7
Featured Character (1) Overlored (1)
Donor (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
One Million Words! (1) Riverfall Seasonal Challenge (1)
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Catastrophe on May 22nd, 2014, 7:55 pm

e
Kaie :
Skills

• Brawling: 5 XP
  • Socialization: 5 XP
  • Observation: 5 XP
  • Intimidation: 2 XP
  • Planning: 1 XP
  • Endurance: 1 XP
  • Leadership: 1 XP
  • Acrobatics: 1 XP

Lores

• Keikyo: An Arrogant Cousin
  • Putting a Brash Man in His Place
  • Bettering Yourself in a Standoff
  • Endurance: Adrenaline Fueled
  • Tazi: A Healer, but Novice in Battle

Loot

• N/A

Tazi :
Skills

• Observation: 5 XP
  • Brawling: 3 XP
  • Intimidation: 2 XP
  • Socialization: 5 XP
  • Planning: 1 XP
  • Acrobatics: 1 XP
  • Endurance: 2 XP

Lores

• Quick Planning: Figuring out the Next Battle Tactic
  • Stance: Finding the Centre of Balance
  • Brawling: The First True Taste
  • Dirt: A Simple Distraction
  • Protection: Making Yourself Smaller
  • Mission: Participate in a Fight
  • Kaie: A Youth with Kind Spirit and Sportsmanship

Loot

• N/A

Notes :
Sorry for the delay guys, but here is your grade!

I just wanted to say that I loved the chemistry that blossomed between both of you. Kaie was wonderful in helping Tazi through her official first fight and Tazi was nice enough to offer an exchange of teachings for the future. I see a true friendship growing between the two of you and I cannot see what other 'fights' you both get yourself into! :)

If you have any issues with your grade, don't hesitate to send me a PM!

e
Catastrophe
I'm Your Biggest Nightmare!

Words: 112948
Joined roleplay: March 25th, 2014, 10:42 pm
Race: Staff account
Office

Previous