Double Double, Toil and Trouble (Aka, Evalin)

Three very different witches meet near the Kandukta Basin, and even the fearsome wilds are wary.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This is Falyndar at its finest. Danger lurks everywhere - in the ground, in the trees, in the bush. Only the strongest survive...

Moderator: Gossamer

Postby Tinnok on March 6th, 2014, 2:04 am

Double Double, Toil and Trouble
45th of Spring, 514 A.V.

It was times like this that Tinnok felt less like a capable warrior, and more like a frightened child, constantly watching for their parent's disapproving shadow looming above them. Years in the military, a lifetime of climbing silently over rickety camp floorboards had taught the abomination a bit about the art of keeping silent. She had gained lessons from fellows and most recently the mysterious Ethereal Jaguars of the Cloud forests, and she took those lessons into account now, for what she was doing now was the purest of follies.

On the one side of the Kandukta Basin there lay Taloba, filled to the brim with Myrians, whom barely a season prior had killed her dog, splaying its guts apart and chasing her out of her home, forcing her to defend herself, marking her most assuredly as the traitor she was.

On the other side of the basin was Zinrah, home of the treacherous Dhani, for whom, in theory, she could blame for all of this happening in the first place, and who would surely kill her as easily as the Myrians, perhaps with as much pleasure.

And where was she? Well at the moment she was was perched high up in the canopy. It had been a long and difficult climb, helped not at all by Nissila, who after eating a particularly fat Tinamou that afternoon was fast asleep and slowly digesting, her elegant coils around her keeper's neck and arms. The witch was wary of her use of Morphing, but to make her claws upon toes and hands for scaling trees was becoming almost second nature to her at this point. It was still slow, the djed sliding form her center down into her extremities, much like waking Nissila after a large meal, but once it pooled in her finger tips and beneath her toenails all the witch had to do was squeeze her eyes shut and picture her nails thickening, lengthening and curving ever so slightly, then they were there. She had been practicing as of late keeping the claws as long as she could, somewhat like holding your breath, save with Djed. Every time she could manage for a bit longer, and even now perched in the trees wiggled her thickly clawed toes, her resistance failing. With a deep exhalation she let her nails return to their former state, one hand idly stroking Nissila's smooth head as she glanced down over the basin.

The insects were thrumming by the water, drawn by the stagnant heat over the relatively cool water, she watched numerous ripples, signalling anything from crocodiles to those large meat eating fish that loved to snap off fingers and toes. But she wasn't worried about those creatures, no...the witch was far more concerned with the sentient life that chose to occupy the basin today, and as her life depended on it, she kept a wary eye open, crouched amid the thick greenery in order to remain hidden from the world.

Image Image Image
Tinnok
A Witch of the Wilds

Words: 878542
Joined roleplay: February 3rd, 2013, 5:27 pm
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Medals: 2
Featured Thread (1) 2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Evalin on March 6th, 2014, 4:50 am

"Such places as this... drenched in the floods of godly wrath of which I would say I would partake not in. Never has this place been good upon mine bodies, yet still yet I find myself ever more wary when coming close to places such as this." Evalin eyed the lake with some distaste, absently stroking the pendant around her neck, leaning on her staff as she did so, "It was once said to me that never could you find something in this world without a purpose... yet I find no purpose at all in great collections of moisture. A nuisance at the best of times, deadly at the worst. All but the fishes should fear its unknown depths, and surely the likes of I am no better suited for it despite the lack of breath within me."

Evalin's mind was growing more and more absent of late. She found more and more that she could not focus on who she was and what she was doing. She was simply here... but for what reason? What purpose? For the longest time these questions had bothered Evalin, for she never knew where she was meant to be, WHAT she was supposed to be. She was a shape changer, a body nature, a walking corpse, yet still... The longing for more had been with her for so long that to be without it was almost as terrifying. Whats more Tsenrika spoke with her less and less... his cold distance with her was unnerving to say the least, yet still she could not bring herself to question it. Could it be that it was something she had done? Surely not. Such musings were not for the Immortal Witch Evalin.

The Nuit looked back over her shoulder to the one person who gave her purpose, a reason to be beyond simple hatred and drive. Someone who had, more surely than anyone else, changed her completely, "Mistress, why have we come here? I see little in the way of fortune for either of us." She said simply with a smile, "Those of my kind are not known for their swimming abilities, and wish I to not become a bloated corpse at the waters edge."
ImageImageImage

Wretched Aura: As a Wretched One Evalin possesses an unnatural aura about her that causes unease in those who get too close. It can come as a prickle of the hair on the back of the neck, a sense of 'wrongness' about her. How people experience it is different depending on their personality and how they handle the unnatural and unknown. Animals tend to become more agitated, more easily sensing how wrong Evalin is and often avoiding contact with her.
Evalin
The Immortal Witch

Words: 1033971
Joined roleplay: March 20th, 2012, 4:05 am
Race: Nuit
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 7
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Trailblazer (1) Overlored (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Zinrah Seasonal Challenge (1)
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Soshakuakamamushi on March 6th, 2014, 3:33 pm

What... the petch am I doing here?! A good question, a question she asked to herself as of currently, the Acrobat-Reimancer female Viper was standing before one of the - in her mind - most dreaded place in all of Falyndar, the cursed Kandukta Basin, the place where large amount of water gathered in one big lake. She was a powerful reimancer and decent acrobat, no doubts about it, her Constrictor cousins knew of the Crimson Viper that commanded flames like extensions of her limbs, but in the face of many would call the counter-element of fire, water, she was reduced to a mere babe even being over a hundred years old. "..." Her shoulders went limp as she looked upon the Basin like it was some kind of grueling gauntlet, her memories swam back.

5 Bells ago...

"Gah!" Aka cursed in exasperation as her res swirled violently in her palms. She was bathing in Zinrah's steam bath, her small form clothless and long waist-length raven hair cascading down her back with their tips floating above the warm water. Usually, one would find the waters comforting, even for Aka, but not this time, the Viper was cursing unintelligible words as her fingers twitched, desperately trying to command her res to do something. "Come on... come on!" Even with all her power, she couldn't do this one simple thing, that was to control water with her reimancy. She mastered fire, earth, and lava just fine, she learned about lightning just a season ago, all that were left was mastering the last basic element, water, and with it, practicing the last para-element, ice. Aka had witnessed how Yuki, her slave, worked about her ice reimancy, it was nothing compared to fire of course, but as a proud reimancer, she would have to master them all.

"Damn it..." The problem was, every time she tried to envision water, her trauma of almost drowning to death in the Priskil's pond many years ago came back to her. Her lungs were invaded by liquid, her muscles flailing to float herself, all failed and the reason she was here today was because Licearsvansan decided to save her, that petching rattler, he was the one who made her drown in the first place, even going as far as to throw a large rock while she was in the water. It baffled her on why he suddenly changed his mind, nevertheless, he was still a bastard, if Aka encountered him again, she would make him squeal and beg for mercy.

Back to the matter at hand, she was still having no luck in her task, after about thirty long chimes of fumbling around, she gave up, her arms went limp at her sides as she grumbled, but then...

"Ah, there you are, Fine lady Soshakuakamamushi!"

A familiar male voice shouted at her, speaking her full tongue-twisting name for some reason, "Eh?" Aka turned her head, giving an annoyed glare at the suave Constrictor Dhani in human form, one named Sekusepera, "What do you want?" This Constrictor had a crush on her, one that Aka wasn't willing to return, she had Evalin now, he should just give up, but no... it seemed 'giving up' or 'getting the hint' wasn't in his vocabulary. Though... somehow, for some unknown reasons, she found him alluring, like there was this invisible aura about him that attracted her. In truth, she had no knowledge about him being a Ranuri of course. Aka protested verbally, but made no move when the clothless male approached her, sitting beside her as he joined her in the bath.

"Ssso, what isss troubling you, milady?" Their shoulders brushed then to her shock, Sepera spoke something truly unexpected, his voice became serious but full of concern, "I sssee... you require more power."

"How?" She wanted to ask, but then the Constrictor suddenly hugged her, rather affectionate, their bare skin brushed together, and Aka found herself unable to resist him. Sepera's gnosis compelling her to seek consult in the Constrictor.

"Tell me, milady, tell me about your desssire so I may help you..." Sepera released the hug, but still clutching Aka's shoulders with his hands, gazing straight into the Viper's scarlet slits with his own dark gray eyes, before Aka could answer, Sepera leaned in and locked their lips together, the Viper's eyes widened, but she soon relaxed, closing her own slits. It felt so good... his touch was otherworldly, divinely different, perhaps it was because his charm or his looks or the fact that he treated her without sub-species racism. Aka moaned when the Constrictor pulled away, silently wishing for more, "You can trussst me." She needed no further convincing, as of the moment, Aka was willing to tell him everything. Looking down, Aka slowly explained about her inability to her learn water reimancy. The Ranuri Dhani smiled at her, then he leaned in to whisper at her ear, "I know jussst what you need to do..."

Back to Aka and Eva.

So, here she was, she couldn't believe she took his advice. "Pusssh yourssself, he sssaid, let go of your fearsss... *Sigh*" She couldn't help but agree with him though, going here to the biggest concentration of water near Zinrah was the best solution to her hydrophobia. If she could survive here, she could control water, not by much perhaps, but at least passing the first step. Hearing Evalin's complicated common words behind her, Aka strode forward until she was standing beside her lover, "Well, you can sssay that again, I don't like thisss place either, Eva, but there isss sssomething I need to do..." Aka crouched down, extending her right index finger to lightly brush the basin's edge.

"I want to learn how to control water, Eva, and 'sssomeone' sssaid the bessst place to do it isss here," She stood up, then made an audible gulp. "Alright, wissh me luck, I need you here in cassse I'm dying or sssomething, haha..." She gave an awkward laugh, but she was truly afraid. Aka started to undress, removing her simple black robe and red sash then folding it neatly before handling it to Evalin, "Hold my clothesss, I want to... s-s... ssswim, yeah, ssswim, or flail, whichever comesss firssst. You don't have to come with me, jussst ssstay here and uh... watch me." Aka then winced as she took the first step into the water with her right foot, she stood here for a full ten ticks, before continuing with her left foot, then right. Her body was getting covered with water and she hated every second of it.

Sekusepera! You'll pay for this!
Last edited by Soshakuakamamushi on March 6th, 2014, 11:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"common" | "snake-tongue" | "arumenic" | thoughts

Important Note: Aka is currently pregnant (with eggs, being a Dhani) at the moment and as such, her belly is slightly bulging and she moves noticeably slower than usual.
Soshakuakamamushi
Inferno Viper Queen

Words: 654684
Joined roleplay: June 30th, 2013, 7:14 pm
Race: Dhani
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Overlored (1) Zinrah Seasonal Challenge (1)

Postby Tinnok on March 6th, 2014, 11:30 pm

Her ears were open. Mostly the sounds were familiar and comforting. The warbles of birds, the steady beat of cicadas, mosquitos, and beetles. Frogs chortling to each other on trees or in the shallows of the basin.

But when she heard the murmur of voices, the half breed's body froze up, legs tucking into themselves, body pulling tight against the tree.

Slowly, golden eyes peeked out of her hiding place and down, angling her neck this way and that to try to get a clear line of sight down through the foliage. She heard more muffled sounds, definitely people speaking, but couldn't see anything, the double edged sword of her clever hiding place.

So the witch nestled her pack, spear, and scimitar in the crook of the tree, longbow and quiver draped over her back, daggers on her belts, and began slowly...ever so slowly, creeping downward. Really the smart thing would be just to remain silent and take a nap. If no one knew she was above there was no way they could spot her, but curiosity always seemed to get the better of Tinnok, and now was no different.

Every shift of weight was agony. If the branches shook she froze, afraid the subtle shifting might give her away. Every layer of branches she stopped, craning her head a bit further, and about twenty feet down from her original perch she saw the two small forms, much too small to be Dhani, and even a bit too small to be Myrians below her.

Tinnok squinted, then as Aka was undressing, she saw the flip of her long black hair, in twin tails just as when they had first met. The witch cocked her head to the side. The fire reimancer, the powerful one that had been so upset at her before. But who was the other? They were not in Dhani form, something she had always assumed Dhani preferred. But if Aka did not perhaps her companion was simply another Dhani who didn't either.

She was still too high up to hear what was being said, and for a moment Tinnok considered climbing back up into her tree and pretending nothing ever happened. After all, form what she had seen of Aka so far, her mood was liable to get as hot as those flames she spewed out of her hands, and she seemed to not like her one bit.

Instead Tinnok sidled around the trunk of the great tree, positioning herself so that she was on the opposite side of the trunk from the two at the water's edge, and began climbing down as softly as she could manage.

Image Image Image
Tinnok
A Witch of the Wilds

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal

Postby Evalin on March 7th, 2014, 12:32 am

Evalin raised an eyebrow as she accepted Aka's clothes, "Water can be found many places. Mistress I do not see why here is required..." She chewed her bottom lip as she watched Aka enter the water one foot at a time, "I will stand back for now... but Mistress do not press your limits too far. I am afraid here I am of little use..."

Stepping back Evalin turned to absently observe the surroundings, finding a tree not too far and making towards it. Once there she would carefully fold the clothing handed to her, setting it gently on the ground as she settled with her back against the trunk. Resting her staff across her knees Evalin pushed back her hood, letting her slightly wavy brown locks fall free as she brushed a strand behind her ear. Her red eyes watched Aka intently, fingers caressing the carved runes on her staff as she did, "Be careful Mistress."

This... is what you have become?

Her eyes still on Aka, Evalin reached up to carefully caress the gem against her chest, Indeed. This is what I have become... and I find myself not... disliking it in the least.

Pathetic.

Evalin winced ever so slightly, Be silent... Here I have found something which I have longed for...

She could hear... laughing in her mind. Cold, cruel laughter... but the Familiar never laughed. It stunned the nuit so much she looked down at the pendent, "What...?"

Pathetic disgrace of a Master. You dishonor our contract, you dishonor my master.

I am your master Tsenrika. Be mindful of your words in my presence. Her fist closed around the pendent, eyes showing anger and confusion in equal amounts as she struggled to suppress the rising feeling.

You are no master of mine. You who whore yourself out to this child for a rediculus concept such as 'love' which is impossible for you. Evalin would never do such a thing. Evalin is strong, powerful. She is the Immortal Flame, the Darkness in this world. You are a fragile girl who cannot decide what she wants.

Evalin's mouth opened slightly, shock showing on her face.

You are not Evalin. You are Katherine. I no longer recognize you as my Master.

With a sudden motion Evailn yanked the pendent from around her neck, flinging it from her with a sudden passion as she bared her teeth, narrowign her eyes, Insolent servant! Know your place, or I shall put you there myself!

Her fingers slowly curled into a fist as she rested her back against the tree once more, closing her eyes as she rested her head against the truck. The nuit hoped that Aka had been too distracted to notice her actions... It would be difficult to explain without truly explaining.

Stupid Tsenrika...
ImageImageImage

Wretched Aura: As a Wretched One Evalin possesses an unnatural aura about her that causes unease in those who get too close. It can come as a prickle of the hair on the back of the neck, a sense of 'wrongness' about her. How people experience it is different depending on their personality and how they handle the unnatural and unknown. Animals tend to become more agitated, more easily sensing how wrong Evalin is and often avoiding contact with her.
Evalin
The Immortal Witch

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Soshakuakamamushi on March 24th, 2014, 5:50 am

The Viper was so engrossed - and feared - by what she was about to do, she didn't notice any unusual shifts on the trees above, Heck, even with her keen observational senses, the Witch was too high and concealed for her to notice by sight, unless she was in Dhani or Snake form where she could use her enhanced smell or heat-vision. She was in human form, the one that looked like a young girl despite being over a hundred years old, a fact she rather disliked due to how humans and most other non-Viper people treated her like a little brat instead of an adult Dhani.

Aka didn't notice Evalin's mind-struggle or the rare shock showing on her face, she was too focused on forming a plan to swim, to not drown to be specific since she knew zero shyke about swimming. "Okay... I can do thisss, I can do thisss," She muttered to herself, her body up to belly was already under the water, then she took a few steps further, water steadily rising until it covered her non-existent breasts, then... *TWACK!* "Gah!" Something hit the back of her head, something small, but hard and fast. In normal circumstances, Aka would just be annoyed and threaten the offender with a bath full of flames, but she was currently dipping in her most feared element and due to her lack of skill, her acrobatics ability were curbed. She tried her best to balance herself, but her feet slipped beneath the waters, causing her to fall over, her face crashing onto the Basin's water.

"Brrrb!" With her nostrils and mouth being covered with water, her trauma resurfaced like a Tskanna charging through the jungle, crushing everything in its path. In this case, the proverbial 'Tskanna' named 'Hydrophobia' crushed any logic and reason in the Viper's mind, she immediately panicked, unable to utter a word of help as she flailed in the water, unwittingly dooming herself as she sank further. If only she calmed herself, this would be just a minor setback, but she just had to lose her composure. "H-..." Aka managed to raise her head as she heaved herself up, then with the guttural voice of mouth filled with water, she tried to scream for assistance, "H-hel... Hel- Brrrb!" She flailed agian, the water embracing her in its cold embrace once more. This was one of the few situations that could cause Aka's mind to be regressed into a flailing simpleton, all of her agility, gnosis, and reimantic powers meant nothing at the moment.

If no one assisted her, this would be one foolish death, her cousins would laugh at her, her name forever branded with the tittle "The Master Reimancer who drowned".

OOCEva, tell me if you want me to change the part where I assume Tsen's sealed form would hit Aka's head.

Tinnok, tell me if you feel that Aka or Eva should notice you instead.

To both, sorry for taking this so long, being busy with mod duties. :)

Important Note: Aka is currently pregnant (with eggs, being a Dhani) at the moment and as such, her belly is slightly bulging and she moves noticeably slower than usual.
Soshakuakamamushi
Inferno Viper Queen

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Tinnok on March 26th, 2014, 4:07 pm

oocI think this works fine!

Her pace was slow, and from her current vantage point on the opposite side of the tree trunk, Tinnok wasn't aware of the events transpiring between the two females. She found the lowest branch she could as she neared the base of the tree, about fifteen feet off the ground and slid down so her hands clutched the branch, then let go. As soon as her feet touched upon hte earth she curled and rolled out the fall, standing back up with a layer of soft soil on her clothes and scales, and glancing around her hurriedly to make sure the noise hadn't been caught.

All in all a quiet descent, Tinnok mentally patted herself on the back then took a cautious step forward and peered around the tree...

Only to slide back immediately when she realized the woman she didn't know was leaning against it. She paused a moment, unsure of how to proceed. Honestly Aka would be just as likely to attack the half breed as be friendly with her, especially after learning about Mamuro's plans for her. Perhaps she would be more open minded now knowing Tinnok bore no child of the Constrictor's, but that was a bit to explain before she could potentially be incinerated.

Tinnok's Phylonura mark pulsed painfully for a moment, and Tinnok rubbed it thoughtfully, not paying it much mind for the moment when she heard a frantic splashing happening from the basin. Her gaze peered around again to see the Dhani Viper flailing rather pathetically in the cool green waters.

Her eyes widened, wondering precisely what Aka's plan was. She could simply wait to see what this strange woman would do...or

Suddenly a form dashed out in front of Evalin, legs pumping heavily and spplashing into the shallow waters of the basin towards Aka. Tinnok was no strong swimmer herself, but the viper was barely out of the shallows. She waded in, getting several smacks in the face for her trouble from the terrified Dhani, and forcefully wrapped her arms around Aka's midsection, stumbling down to one knee in the much of the watery earth below her before pulling her upright and backwards towards the shore.

"Decide day was good one to die, Dhani?" She smirked, releasing the viper when there was only a couple of feet of water to stand in.

Image Image Image
Tinnok
A Witch of the Wilds

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal

Postby Evalin on March 31st, 2014, 12:45 am

Evalin heard the splashes but didn't look up, so engrossed was she in her thoughts and contemplations. It was only as form dashed in front of her that the nuit started, blinking as she followed the shape as it splashed into the water, for the girl...

Standing to her feet Evalin hurried to the water's edge, hands hooking into claws as she began to pull on res from her inner soul... yet it seemed it was for no reason at all. This person seemed to be helping the Viper, not harming her... Lowering her arms, letting them be hidden in her cloak once more Evalin stepped back, eyes narrowing at this new comer, a question already enticing the tip of her tongue were it not suddenly interrupted.

Do you choose this wretch...? Will you not see reason and forgo this creature? Will you not be Evalin, my Master, and abandon this child...?

The nuit's eyes narrowed as she looked to the left, and to the right. She struggled to tell, to feel the Familiar wherever he was, but he had their connection locked, blocking her sight of him. She gritted her teeth, a sinking feeling forming in the pit of her stomach, No... Here I have found another purpose, another meaning to my Wretched existence. I will NOT give that up to chase after a cause that is only to end in failure and sadness...

The silence between them was the most agonizing torture, and to compound it Evlain could no longer feel the Irylid's true thoughts through their bond. She could hear only silence, until...

Very well... Then the snake will die.

Evalin's eyes widened and she looked to Aka, her voice calling out as her arm reached forward, "Mistress, get out of the water!"

But it was already too late. Aka would feel cold hands wrap around her ankle, and in shallow water a figure appeared beneath the surface. Dark read eyes glaring up, black hair waving in tangles in the water. Then the world turned as she was tugged, Tsenrika dragging her to the deeper water as he tried to pull her below the surface and drown her. His grip was like iron, so strong was his conviction and hatred that Evalin could feel it despite the block in their bond. He fully intended to kill the girl.

OOCPermission given by Aka to do the dragging into the water part! Tsenrika is in replicant form, but this form has long black hair, big eyes and long fingernails and teeth filed sharp (because thats kinda cool). If he is thrown off somehow he will simply disappear deeper under water and disappearing. Have fun with this! Remember whatever happens to him happens to Eva ^.^
ImageImageImage

Evalin
The Immortal Witch

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Soshakuakamamushi on April 1st, 2014, 5:46 pm

OOCThe Good Witch, The Bad Familiar, and The Wet Dhani. :lol:

"H-h... brb..." The Viper's flailing was starting to dim down as water flowed into her mouth and nostrils, in all her foolishness and panic, she had no idea how to handle herself being submerged, truly, Evalin did say she couldn't swim herself and Aka was too shaken to do any sliver of concentration for Reimancy, Aka made one last desperate flail, but this time... her feet hit something, something fleshy and soft, but hard beneath, don't tell her, it was one of those alligators planning to eat her?! Oh how poor of her, to be eaten by her reptilian brethren, a century of long life... just to end up drowning in a large sea-like pond in the middle of nowhere, far from Eyktol, apparently, she had dodged that fate back in the Priskil's pond, there was no Svansan to save her this time.

However, what came next made her widen her eyes in shock even though she couldn't do so normally - she wasn't even skilled enough to open her eyes underwater - she felt muscled limbs wrapped around her torso and belly, then she felt herself being dragged towards the shore. Once she was out of the water, Aka immediately coughed up the basin's water, coughing and hacking pitifully, her blurring vision and senses didn't let her recognize the voice as that one tree-hugger witch which Mamoru secretly mated with, in normal circumstances, Aka would give threatening glares at Tinnok, but this time, she could only wheeze, not even being able to answer with intelligible words, "T-...thank you..." She stammered, she didn't care who it was that saved her, most likely Evalin though, there was no one here after all, but... Evalin couldn't swim. Aka's crimson slitted eyes refocused as she looked towards the sky, slightly turning her head at her savior... which was Tinnok. Her mouth slowly formed into a snarl as she recalled who this tall woman was, that half-breed.

"Y-yo- AAARGH!" She couldn't finish her sentence as she felt her feet being grabbed by unknown hands and she was dragged back into the fearsome waters. She faintly heard Evalin's warning but it was too late, the Viper futilely used her hands to grip at the submerged dirt beneath her, but of course, it was no use. There was a monster under the water, Aka could only see a mass of waving black algae - she assumed it was algae - with monstrous hands jutting out of it, she didn't see Tsen's red eyes. Of course, she couldn't afford to be drowned again, not after Tinnok had the gall to show herself! Aka felt her being flared up in extreme adrenaline-fueled anger for survival, "G-Get..." Hot steams began pouring out from her pores, coating the area around her with heat, then res also coated her whole clothless body, "OFF MEEEEE!!!" With a scream of defiance, Aka sent her res forward towards her legs in a huge stream of flames, the heat mixing with the water as her inferno boiled the water, Aka held nothing back, she kept screaming as she literally breathed out flames from her legs, then she felt the creature's grip vanishing into thin air, Aka quickly scampered towards the shore then crashed her back onto a tree, completely driven by instinct.

"Ha... ha..." Her heart was beating fast, her vision was still tunneling, Aka moved away from both Tinnok and Evalin as her being told her that everyone was an enemy, but a few ticks later, she relaxed... slumped down to the ground due to haphazardly flowing out huge amount of res, even for a Master Reimancer, it was taxing. "No... I'm not, I'll not go there again... n-no..." She hugged her own knees as her face buried there, her mind regressing into a scared Viper girl for the moment, completely shrugging off the presence of Tinnok and Evalin. That was how hydrophobic she was, Tsenrika might not succeed in killing her physically, but he sure killed her mentally.

Soshakuakamamushi
Inferno Viper Queen

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Tinnok on April 2nd, 2014, 3:38 am

The thank you came as a surprise to the half breed, but this was soon removed as she saw Aka's slitted eyes turn to the loathing she was expecting. Well, none of this had been done out of the desire for thanks, certainly, so Tinnok wasn't particularly concer-

That was when Aka's body was dragged back down under the water, Tinnok's yellow eyes widening in confusion. No creature that lived in the basin should attack the witch or anyone near her, at least not without proper provocation.

Her hands were wet, her body collapsing to her knees as she grabbed ahold of Aka, desperately trying to bring her onto land against the strength of whatever had a hold of her. She could see a pale form beneath the water, strange black tendrils in an elevated halo around the creatures head.

Her mind tried to process what the being could be, a Dhani shouldn't attack, a Myrian couldn't stay submerged for long, but neither solution fit the beast. She felt Aka slipping out of her grasp and plunged deeper into the water, only to suddenly realize the water was getting much warmer than it should have.

A few ticks too late Tinnok realized that Aka could save herself just as effectively, if not moreso than she could. Steam exploded from the water as she ignited everything around her, charboiling the liquid around them as the Viper crawled as swiftly as she could back to land.

Tinnok screamed, scrambling out of the water and collapsing in a similar manner to Aka, save for the fact that she was burnt all up her legs and arms. The pain was unbearable, but her only immediate solution: to jump back in the water was displaced by both whatever creature was there coupled with the fact the water would not be cool yet. Her breath hissed through her teeth, eyes watering. Almost instinctively she felt her palms cover her legs, energy flowing through them from her center as silvery res pooled out from her palms, covering her legs. It was the first time she had summoned res out of instinct, and already she felt the urge to summon more, which in this case she heeded most readily.

She felt her power stutter with the pain, her focus waning, but the need for soothing relief outweighed the overall agony and she spread her hands over her legs, coating the res over where she felt the burning sensation most. Once she was done she summoned more, a lightheaded feeling niggling at the back of her head, forcing more of the substance over her fingers, up her wrists and to her forearms.

Once this was done she was only able to hold the liquidy substance for a tick before willing it into the only element she knew: water. The malleable element was cool, soothing, and stayed on her skin but an instant before sliding down her appendages and into the already moist earth. After the initial cool the throbbing pain and redness returned almost immediately. The abomination growled, laying back on the dirt and mud, realizing belatedly that she hadn't even checked to see if the creature in the basin was still a threat or not.

And what did that woman call Aka...Mistress?

Image Image Image
Tinnok
A Witch of the Wilds

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal

Next