[Emporium] Curious about Curiosities

Allana stumbles upon a well known, never visited sculpters shop and dicides to finally go in.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A city floating in the center of a lake, Ravok is a place of dark beauty, romance and culture. Behind it all though is the presence of Rhysol, God of Evil and Betrayal. The city is controlled by The Black Sun, a religious organization devoted to Rhysol. [Lore]

Postby Alanna Higgins on March 18th, 2014, 1:02 am

20th day of Spring 514AV

"Hey kid get the hell back here!!!"
A strong males voice hollered. Allana was moving fast though the crowded footpath. Allana's legs pumped quickly down one footpath jumping over a narrow canal. she moved being not as silent as she would have liked. She made her way down one footpath after the next until the sound of commotion could no longer be heard. Breathing a sigh of relief Allana took a moment to catch her breath. She had tried to pick that mans pocket and he had felt her small finger slip into his coat pocket.
'Damn his observation, I could have made it away with a whole coin purse... '
She thought distastefully herself as she kept walking along the pathway well known to her. She was heading straight for the market district slipping out and hopping over one of the many ropes connecting this beautiful city together she stood in font of Emporium For Sculpted Curiosities. In the whole time she's been living here in Ravok she's had yet to visit this shop. She never really had is mizas to waist on home decoration.
Standing in front of the shabby looking shop she saw no harm in looking around at the neat oddities of the store she entered it.
Although the store did look shabby it seamed to give it that lived in homey charm that could cause some random by passer such as herself to wonder in. Making sure to keep her sticky fingers in the pockets of her breeches since this was a well known shop around the whole city and she didn't want to go around and starting trouble for herself. Although sometimes that's very hard for Allana since she tends to get this itch every so often that can only be scratched by well honestly stealing. Allana took her time wondering though the cramped shop. Her eyes took the time to go over most all the little carvings and figurines. She made sure to pay close attention to where she was placing her feet. Since everything was jumbled around, after what seamed a while she ended up in a rather open space. While still filled with statues, figurines, and carvings it seamed to have much more breathing room.
"Um...Hello there? Mikayas I've heard about your shop...I hear you've been here a while...You have much beautiful work here."
Said Allana with a loud voice not shouting, but more like projecting her voice. Making sure she was heard since she did not know where the shop owner was, or how well his hearing was giving his prime age. Allana stood there in her woolen dark purple shirt slightly tucked into her black breeches. Her hair was a mess all four inches sticking every which way. She slowly rocked back and forth on her heals

This beautiful Sig was made by Adi Skyglow
Alanna Higgins
J.O.A.T proficient in all master in none

Words: 25583
Joined roleplay: March 5th, 2014, 12:52 am
Blog: View Blog (1)
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Venser Rush on April 13th, 2014, 4:15 pm

Oblivious to the going-ons of the world outside of the shop, Venser Rush was consumed by a piece of lecture that Mikayas had instructed his employee to reflect upon.

Boy, you're too rigid with your craft at times. In order to grow as a carver, and eventually, a sculptor, you must broaden your mind! To simply carve is but the work of an ape holding the gouger, to engrave without purpose is to hold a quill with no ink!

The thought, the frenzied passion that his master had spoken with rivalled the intense desire that Venser himself felt for the study of djed. The crafts that he truly indulged himself with, the Flux and Zapatl, enigmatic and powerful, were far above the mundane and practical applications that Venser honed within the Emporium.

They were celestial and Transformative by nature, defying the fabric of reality. Bestowing strength from the soul itself, making use of the djed of the deceased and the damned. It was a marvel to behold, but it was also a marvel to keep secret, locked away in the recesses of the Legate's mind.

Ruckus sounded in the distance, footsteps registered in the blonde's mind as he passed a quill over a piece of parchment, as if studying Mikayas' metaphor with his own eyes in the attempt to understand what he meant by imbuing passion into the art, and to, as Mikayas had alluded to, broaden his mind. Venser thought his mind to be broadened already, but obviously, his Master thought otherwise.

Had he not demonstrated proficiency? Was Mikayas telling him that he was no longer adequate? Or was the renowned sculptor telling him that he was fit for a higher standard than what he was portraying? The Rush twin allowed the thought to register, pulling his own in retort to the sudden question.

Mikayas has faith in you, Venser. If he did not, then he would do little more than command you to do his finishing touches and trudge along the sphere of mediocrity. Mikayas the Sculptor is not Vilkas Rush. He sees a-

The thought was, rather suddenly, interrupted by a presence interrupting the silence of the carver's shop. The wooden sentinels stood guard around the entrance, the array of sculptures and works making ascent into the shop rather difficult, but obviously, the woman approached with intention to converse about the 'beautiful' work that Mikayas the sculptor created. Venser had to agree. The renown craftsman was known to evoke beauty beyong Venser's understanding from his woodwork, inspiring awe and wonder in Venser's own heart despite the fundamental differences in opinion between Master and apprentice.

When the woman finished speaking, Venser parted his lips, raising his body from the desk hidden away in the far southeastern corner of the shop, rather obscured by shadow at the entrance, and thus, Venser attributed no blame for the woman missing sight of the blonde, though now he was to make his presence known.

"Ah, welcome! Indeed, my lovely new friend, Mikayas the Sculptor certainly does have beautiful works. Alas, in his pursuit to make more, he is unavailable, but I, Venser Rush, his apprentice engraver, and more than happy to assist you with whatever you may need."

The Rush twin's tone was rather practiced, the young man schooling himself with the usual greeting to a customer. He was surprised by her sudden entry, and therefore relegated to using the recycled, tired greetings that Mikayas had instructed him to use when hired at the Emporium, but Venser could not deny that they were effective greetings.

The blonde offered the woman a smile, the expression small and shallow in his continued surprise, though he stepped forward to offer her his hand in greeting.
Venser Rush
Seeker of the Angst

Words: 350153
Joined roleplay: December 8th, 2013, 9:06 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Featured Contributor (1)

Postby Alanna Higgins on May 2nd, 2014, 8:41 pm

Alanna was surprised to see another person in the shop. It was so cramped she didn’t think there was room for others within the building. His greeting sounded somewhat rehearsed. Not that Alanna minded I mean why think of a different greeting for each customer that would be very taxing for a person. She noted that his smile wasn’t all to earnest, giving him a genuinely warm smile that touched her green eyes. She reached out and firmly gripped his hand as she shook it..

“Ah~ Hello there!! It’s good to meet you Venser Rush my name is Alanna Higgins...My my this shop is just filled to the brim with carvings. Are any of them yours? How do you guys fit new work in here? Theres just so little space to move around it must be hard.”

Her eyes shot around the store once more as she thought of why exactly she had entered the shop. Sure she had passed this shop many a time while she had been living in Ravok, but she never really entered it not really having the money to buy things such as silly engravings. She didn’t really know anything about the place just who owned it. Honestly curiosity had just gotten the better of her that day.

Alanna nervously began to rock back and forth on her feet. This was not such a good thing to try and do in a shop with little standing room. After about the third rock she stumbled back knocking one of the many wonderful workings that were in the shop. Alanna’s eyes widened as big as saucers as she quickly turned and reached back with grace she had no idea she had and caught the large carving before it could knock into anything else or perish the thought...Break. A rose color that rivaled her hair began to grace her cheeks. Clearing her throat she smiled nervously and cleared her throat.
“Sorry bout that….sometimes I can be kinda clumsy…Is any of your own work on display Mr. Rush?”

She asked after clearing her throat her cheeks still rosey. She looked back at him nervously knowing she was making a bit of a fool of herself. ‘Way to go Lanna just fall all over yourself in front of this Rush guy what kind of last name is that anyway? Now now Alanna don’t be like that its alright you’ve got to relax and remember to take a few calming breaths I’ve got no idea why you’re acting like a dits right now, but arguing with yourself is definitely not going to help the situation.’ Alanna frowned and shook all distracting thoughts from her mind then looked up at him and gave him an uneasy smile.

“So um...Why don’t you show me some of your work? Hey I might even be interested in getting something carved on up for myself so as I don’t waist your time. My living space is so droll anymore...” Alanna wasn’t really sure what had suddenly made her such a chatty Cathy. Did she find this man attractive? Is that was she’s fumbling about talking almost to fast to actually get the words out? She really wasn’t to sure, but she did know she didn’t like it one bit. She felt even more out of control than usual and it was beginning to freak her out just a tad.

Spoken words.
Good thoughts
Bad thoughts
NPC spoken words

This beautiful Sig was made by Adi Skyglow
Alanna Higgins
J.O.A.T proficient in all master in none

Words: 25583
Joined roleplay: March 5th, 2014, 12:52 am
Blog: View Blog (1)
Character sheet