Closed Defiance and Punishment (Edreina)

When the sparks of defiance are lit, what can possibly extinguish them?

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

An undead citadel created before the cataclysm, Sahova is devoted to all kinds of magical research. The living may visit the island, if they are willing to obey its rules. [Lore]

Defiance and Punishment (Edreina)

Postby Annalisa Marin on April 3rd, 2014, 5:51 am

28th of Spring, 514 AV

The silver was a magnificent thing to behold, wrapping and twining itself around the pale digit of a ring finger smoothly and comfortable. Rubies glinted along the edges, catching the waning sunlight that managed to shine through the front entrance of the Quarters to reflect crimson droplets of light upon the owner of the ring. Engraved into the top of the ring was a sigil of a burning scroll, an echo of its owner's talents and marking her in someway to those knowledgeable of the ways of Sahova. It was beautiful, a thing for any wealthy merchant.

It was amazing, glorious, truly wonderful. It was a despicable, disgusting, and bitter thing. It caused bile to rise in the mouth of Annalisa Marin, Wizard of the Sahovan Citadel as she gazed upon it with her back leaning against the wall. It was a collar that might as well have been wrapped around her neck, chaining her forever to this place of terror and nightmares. She hated it, she loathed everything it represented to her and part of her wished to simply tear it from her finger and burn it to a twisted mess. Grey eyes glared down at the jewelry, wondering if it very well made her a slave to a dead idea and a dead empire.

It was ironic then that the ring gave her power within Sahova, it marked her as a Wizard of rank. Few mages in the world could claim to be so powerful as those that walked Sahova's halls, and yet that privilege carried with it the price of slavery to that same entity. Still, she had made a promise to her lord and master, her true one and not some false one like Amaryllis, Qiao, or even the Archwizard. She had promised to deliver Sahova into the fold of Rhysol, and she intended to keep that promise to the Defiler. No matter the personal cost.

Anna moved off from the wall, her expression returning to its usual arrogant and collected self as she mounted the stairs that led upwards. The day had been long, and still she had work to do as she needed to test out a few new designs for personal augment Glyphs used upon the body. Luckily she now had a handy test subject to suit that role, a female no less that she could certainly use in such tests. Test Subject 1A, formerly known as Edreina, an interesting woman that the sorceress had opted to enslave for her own needs. A beauty to behold, but Anna had yet to partake in her body as of yet as her work was simply too important to concern herself over such things. Research, research, research, the life blood of Sahova and a task Anna went at with much zeal and gusto.

The sorceress was dressed in her fine robes today, the black silk hugging her body and the purple trimming on the hem coming just above brushing the floor. A purple sash worked its way down from her shoulder and across her waist, black dress slippers occasionally peaking out underneath the hem as she walked. Long black hair was tamed in a high ponytail that seemed to bounce ever so as she walked. She would look immaculate, though there were a few tells other wise and the most prominent were the dark circles around her eyes to denote lack of sleep.

The nightmares had been getting worse as of late, featuring the Void prominently and having her wake up thrashing and screaming. Last night she had had the joy of being dragged into the Void by the same monster that she had banished, her body starting to freeze. As such she had not slept for about a day, fearful of actually facing the nightmares. It was truly pitiful, disgusting really that Anna had been reduced to this. To a child afraid of her own dreams, to a nightmare fear weakling.

Anna arrived upon the second floor, already idly tugging at the tapestry of her Djed as she approached the door to her room. The sorceress had made certain to always block the door with stone lately, knowing well that her new slave probably would want to try to escape. She willed the energy outwards from her hands, pushing out from her flesh and her pours to form purple translucent liquid around them. This formed at a frightening speed, almost unnatural for a lesser reimancer but to Anna it was as easy as blinking or breathing.

The liquid snaked down her body as she walked, moving outwards up ahead to the stone blocking the door from the outside. The res seeped into the stone, a thrill of pleasure coursing down Anna spine as she sunk it into every part of it both within and without. From here she willed a transmutation from stone to air, the block vanishing into a tuft of air and another thrill of pleasure tingling along her spinal cord. She felt good for the casting, like it had cleared her mind of other distractions and had let her feel the manipulation of the worlds natural Djed.

"Test Subject 1A, I trust you slept well. I require your assistance in a test of mine so let us be away shall we? I promise it will be an enlightening experience." Anna said through the door, her voice smooth like honey as she pushed upon the door itself.
Annalisa Marin
Sorceress of Chaos

Words: 1635951
Joined roleplay: May 19th, 2013, 6:52 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Featured Thread (1) Overlored (1)
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Edreina on April 4th, 2014, 7:55 am

As the golden light and honeyed voice faded into nothingness, Edreina found her hopes restored. As much as Annalisa may have wanted her to believe otherwise, she was not alone. Yahal was with her. In truth, Edreina had not expected the god to show himself at all. So used to the distant ways of Laviku was she that this felt more like a dream than reality.

And yet, her finger was bare and a emerald feather lay upon the stone before her. Gingerly, as if it would dissolve into nothingness the moment she touched it, Edreina reached out to take the feather between her filthy fingers. It was silky against her skin and seemed to dance in the light. Childish as it was, the Svefra decided that she must find a way to keep it, even it simply to remind her of her purpose. As horrid as the situation was, it was all meant to strengthen her faith and her overall as a person. This way, when faced with tribulation in the future, she would not waver even for a moment. There was good in this world, she simply had to be strong enough to endure all torment and see it. Full lips parted in silent adoration as the full depth of what had taken place began to sink in, sending a faint shiver of pleasure racing across her skin. She was not alone.

The Svefra cradled the feather in her hands as she sought somewhere to hide it in the glow of the faint purple lantern. There were no crevices in the walls, nor the stony floor, no windows, no nooks or crannies, no loose stones, even. There was the heap of her abandoned clothes and, a much as she wanted the comfort of wearing them, she never knew when Annalisa would return. Hiding the feather there would mean that Annalisa could destroy it with the rest of her things without a moment's consideration.

No. To hide it, she had to place it somewhere the sorceress would not think to look. Immediately, blue eyes slid over to the mat upon which her captor slept. As she turned, a silvery glitter caught her eye. Among her discarded clothes lay the small silver necklace bearing the symbol of Yahal given to her seasons ago by Matthew, the harlot. Deft fingers snatched it up from the mess and wrapped the chain around the base of the feather a few time until the little bundle was secure. Then, she slipped her treasures beneath the sleeping mat, near the head where even a small lump was less likely to be noticed by its occupant, as far as she knew; beds were not like hammocks.

There were muffled footsteps, and then the faint hiss as Annalisa removed the block in front of the door to Edreina's cell. In earlier days, Edreina had shrunk at the sound, moving to curl up in the corner so that she did as little as possible to upset the other woman. Today, she felt like showing Annalisa that she would not be so easily broken. Standing, she moved to occupy the center of the room, arms across her bare, dirty chest and chin set.

"Test Subject 1A, I trust you slept well. I require your assistance in a test of mine so let us be away shall we? I promise it will be an enlightening experience."

Once the door was open, the Svefra tood in resolute silence for a moment, letting the dark-haired woman's mind wonder and wander. Finally, she raised her chin ever so lightly, looking at the woman across her cheekbones so that her lashes framed her eyes. "My name..." the Svefra's voice was dangerously low as light crackled though her eye, "Is Edreina." Her lips were the only thing that moved.

What a contrast she was, already, to the woman she had arrived as. Days with only meager food were slowly stripping away the last vestiges of fat from her face and hands, creating shadows where once none had been. Hair that once moved and glittered like flame now hung lank and lifeless. Despite her best effort to keep it parted with her fingers, little tangles were beginning to form. All in all, she was a mess.

Even with each horrible change, there was one positive one. Her finger was free of the corrupting influences of that cursed ring.

Deep down, Edreina knew that she would lose this battle as she had all the minor ones up until that point. All that he hoped for was to gain even a single step in the war being fought, the shadow of some form of victory. If she could begin to stand on the woman's field, their conflict could truly begin. She was done being a frightened little woman, trembling each time Annalisa raised her hand. She had lost so much; Annalisa would not rob Edreina of her identity.

In this particular case, all she wanted to gain from this particular battle was the right bathe herself. After that would come clothes, even the simplest robe would suffice. Then, she would regain her name. Each step would feel like a league to cross, but the red-haired woman was sure she could accomplish it.

Edreina
Unbound

Words: 1079180
Joined roleplay: March 18th, 2013, 1:40 am
Race: Human, Svefra
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 8
Featured Character (1) Featured Contributor (1)
Lore Author (1) Artist (1)
Overlored (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) 2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Annalisa Marin on April 4th, 2014, 10:31 pm

Dark brows rose as Anna gazed upon Edreina’s ragged form standing rather defiantly in the center of the small room, arms crossed and eyes blazing with some hidden light. Normally the woman would have cowered away from her, trying to shrink into the corner and make herself as small as possible. Arms folded themselves underneath her breasts, brows furrowing at the other woman and in that way they appeared two different creatures. The dark and powerful sorceress, sinister and regal as opposed to the ragged and weathered Svefra, faithful and resolute in her stand. The contrast was stark, grey eyes flickering with a chaotic spark as they met flashing blue eyes.

A theatrical frown fell over Anna’s lips as she listened to Edreina’s assertion of her identity, irritated but having expected some defiance for a little while. The sorceress sighed as she stepped inside the room, tugging at the tapestry of her Djed and slowly unraveling it to force it outwards. From her eyes and mouth radiated a purple gaseous substance, drifting upwards in the air and sending thrills of pleasure through Anna’s body. Magic had become an addiction to the sorceress, it was a high that few other things could match and that was a fact she regarded with bitterness. This woman had desired to learn of magic… in Anna’s opinion she had no idea what it was she wanted.

“I had thought we had already gone over this, 1A. Apparently it has slipped your mind, so allow me to refresh your memory.” Anna said, her gaze never wavering from the red haired woman as she closed the door behind her.

It was a dangerous thing to allow herself to come into close quarters with Edreina, however Anna’s main weapon of choice was already in the air floating above their heads. She hoped the other woman would know that well enough not to risk attacking her, though if she did not Anna was fully prepared to rip her from the floor and force her onto the ceiling. The tall woman didn’t break her composure, leveling the full weight of her displeasure to radiant out from her. The sorceress was partially pleased at this defiance, knowing that such things needed to be handled quickly.

“You are alone, my dear. You have no friends or allies here, no one to depend upon and no one to save you. You continue to draw breath, to enjoy your existence because I deem you worthy enough. I can take away and give, as is well with my right to do so. You were unworthy of a name, of a title to refer to yourself by in a humanizing manner. You were weak, pathetic, an insect. You still are not worthy, still weak and pathetic.” Anna said at length, her words articulate and designed to stab at Edreina’s willpower as much as possible.

“Now then, I’ll give you a chance to remember yourself and your position since I am a merciful mistress. What is your name?” Anna inquired, the purple cloud of gaseous res circling overhead as the sorceress twirled a finger idly.

The tall woman leaned easily against the door, eyes never leaving Edreina and remaining fixated upon her and her alone as though gauging her reaction from every angle. Her words dripped with smooth honey still and her lips were curled upwards into her trademark arrogant smirk, as though she thought herself a superior being compared to the red haired woman. Really, deep down Anna loathed her magic for what it had twisted her into, for the horror it had enforced upon her mind. Zandelia was the only one who knew that though, and Anna was never quick to share such weakness of the spirit.

Annalisa Marin
Sorceress of Chaos

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Edreina on April 5th, 2014, 2:05 am

Despite the violet around her, Edreina did not move, did not quake nor shiver nor give any indication that she was about to submit to the woman before her. Any moment now, that damn Res would descend and rob her of her ability to do anything save for what Annalisa pleased.

The woman's words held the weight of the wind, blowing across her skin and mussing up her filthy hair. Annalisa Marin, for all her bluff and bluster, was just a woman, faithless, hiding behind the strength of her magic. She did not know true strength, only that which magic granted her and she could lord over others she thought 'weaker'. By the end of this ordeal, she would be taught what true strength is.

“Now then, I’ll give you a chance to remember yourself and your position since I am a merciful mistress. What is your name?”

At this, the Svefra laughed once, humorlessly, lips twitching up into a small smile. "Alone..." Her breath escaped in a chuckle, and her bare fingers tapped out a faint staccato on her arm. "No more alone than you... Yes... Though surely I am not your only captive and you also have Fubuki, how many of them chose to be at your side? To be your friend or ally?" Even if the wizard began to pull at her body, Edreina's words would not stop just yet. "You're more alone than I, actually. Even without any by my side, there are those who love me and care for me. Can you say the same?" A knowing, arrogant smile to mock the one worn by the sorceress curved Edreina's lips and sparked in her eyes. "I'd say the answer is no... What other reason did you have to take me?

"My name is Edreina and, though you think you've taken it, you've not. For even as you take away what makes me human, you take the same from yourself. You wish me call you Mistress. That is but a title. I may as well call you Stone for all of your originality..." The Svefra bared her teeth for an instant, the faintest hint of the threat she physically posed were it not for the stones about her wrists. Even as her body cramped with each sudden movement and her head throbbed thirstily, she refused to let that show.

Finally, if she could still do it, she would take a step back and lift her hands, a sign that she was done. "I am at your service, mistress. What would you have me do? Lead, and shall follow." A mock bow signaled that she was indeed done speaking, and ready to do as instructed... but on her own terms.

Edreina
Unbound

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Annalisa Marin on April 5th, 2014, 3:13 am

Anna was genuinely surprised to hear such fire still existed in the other woman, and the barbs of her words hit home in the sorceress’ mind. She knew all of that was true, she was slowly becoming as the Nuit were in their cold lonely and passionless way. She hated it, hated it more than anything else and so desperately tried to escape that pit of despair. However she knew, oh how she knew, that this woman had no idea what the true meaning of the word suffering was. Anna fully intended to educate her, her expression growing darker and darker by the moment and her jaw setting in place.

To her credit the tall woman didn’t interrupt, though the res above swirled violently and represented the Maelstrom of her emotions well enough. At the end of the day Anna’s biggest weakness and flaw was her emotions, especially how volatile they were and how strong they could become. She was a creature of extremes, of highs and lows and while she could control herself well enough most of the time there were times when her passions flared. Her face twisted into a snarl as the res moved to the far wall and Anna clenched a fist to signal attraction to drag her slave to the wall.

The sorceress then strode over in two long steps, drew back her hand and slapped the red head across the face. She would grip her chin and then attempt to force Edreina to gaze into the stormy grey eyes, dangerous lights crackling within them as hurt and anger played out. Her face was mere inches from the other woman’s own, furious by all description as she looked fit to almost act upon a homicidal urge and was barely held in check by something unseen within her. When she spoke there was nothing smooth about it, perhaps it was the first time Edreina had seen true fury from Anna.

“You know nothing, you little wretch! Nothing about me, nothing about those around me, and nothing about how the world works! You are a naïve, bright eyed, child who would have utterly shattered had you seen what I have seen in my short years!” Anna shouted, pushing back on Edreina’s head hard to slam it into the wall to vent some of her anger.

“I have peered into another dimension, one that haunts my dreams and nightmares every night! I’ve lost friend, companions, and lovers to the petching terrors of this horrific place! I’ve seen the price magic carries and if you knew it, if you knew it you would never have dared to ask me to alleviate your ignorance. You would have left, fled this place as fast as your feet could carry you and never, ever looked back for an instant you stupid petching vagik!” Anna roared, wrenching her hand away from Edreina and turning her back to her in a swish of motion.

The sorceress ran a hand over her face, her breathing heavy as she thought and pondered and tried to reorganize her thoughts. Idly she dropped the attraction binding the other woman to let her regain any loss of control she might have suffered. Anna had unleashed her rage upon the red headed woman, had shown too much again and she recognized it as a mistake now that she had a chance to calm herself. Edreina had likely wanted to get such a reaction from Anna; she had wanted her to get angry so she could vindicate her defiance. The sorceress just couldn’t let that slide; she needed to show her what the true terrors of Sahova were.

Anna’s eyes would return to the slave, raking her form up and down and feeling a trace of longing shoot through her. Edreina had been right about her desire for human contact, her craving to interact with others was one reason she had taken the Svefra. She was a rare gem, a jewel worthy of any merchant prince or highborn. That she had come to Sahova had been her greatest misfortune, Anna knew this to be true for Anna had come to Sahova and been much like her. The Nuit had certainly changed her from what she had once been and twisted her further into Rhysol’s service.

“We are going to go for a little side trip, Test Subject 1A. I’m going to show you what real terror is, how very easy your life is in my possession.” Anna said, her tone making it clear that it was request but a command.

Given her earlier acceptance the sorceress assumed that Edreina would follow so the woman threw open the door in a quick motion, her robes billowing out as she moved. The tall woman would take them through the Sahovan Quarters, not caring a whit for her slave’s immodesty and not answering any questions she might have. Anna would merely lead them down to the ground floor, this being the first time Edreina had been allowed out of her room. From here she led them into the Courtyard.

Their path would not end there as they would approach a rather ominous looking building nearby, faint cries being heard and only getting louder as they would approach. The dark haired woman would stop at the main doors and stare at them, her expression stony and cold and almost emotionless entirely though there was a faint flicker of something in her eyes in regards the sounds within the building. A strange emotion that was their one moment and then gone the next as she would regard Edreina, holding out her right hand with the silver ring on it catching the sun.

“Take my hand; I certainly hope you have a strong stomach.” Anna said, no humor evident in her tone regarding what lay beyond.

Annalisa Marin
Sorceress of Chaos

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Edreina on April 5th, 2014, 7:02 am

Edreina gasped when her body was thrust against the wall, head colliding with the stone in a way that made it spin violently. And still, she smiled, long and slow. She smiled even as Annalisa took hold of her chin, and her eyes smiled as blue met gray. Annalisa was making the mistake Edreina had when first she started to train with Razkar; she was letting her emotions dictate her actions. From this, Edreina was able to tell everything. The curve of her lips sang of how truly the Svefra's words had touched; the crumpling of her brow whispered that she would not admit any of it.

Instead, she would bluster and rage, doing her best to intimidate the redhead. What she did not know, however, was that she did not fear death from the woman. She was not merciful enough to grant it, too selfish and arrogant to let the woman leave her side, and there was some level of control deep within her, likely driven by her loneliness, that kept her from losing control outright. If Edreina died, it would not be at Annalisa's hand, at least not for some time.

Again, her head hit the wall and it took everything in Edreina to keep from voicing her hysteria with laughter. The room spun and her vision was spotted. Thin as she was, Annalisa had a sharp sort of strength about her when angry.

Even as her ears rang and whistled, she honed in on what the woman was saying. Nightmares, of those she knew. Loss, again she knew of it. Finally, the woman spoke of leaving, and a formerly unheard pang entered her voice; she even went as far as to call the Svefra stupid. Was there something in her that resented Edreina had once possessed an option never available? The freedom to leave this awful place? Perhaps that also factored into why she took Edreina: she wanted the Svefra to be robbed of freedom and future as she had been.

At this point, the redhead was too dizzy to remain upright and, with a thump, fell to the ground the moment the attraction ceased to hold her in place. Swaying faintly, she looked up at her captor, surprised to see a frailty in the way the woman moved, the way she breathed so heavily. For a half tick, she allowed herself to harbor pity for the woman. In a handful of chimes, she had seen deeper into the woman than past days combined. Though understanding, Edreina could not stop herself from beginning to empathize with her.

Loving Razkar had taught her that there was more to any human than what immediately met the eye. Annalisa could be no different. Though her actions were cruel to a degree Edreina had never dreamt of experiencing, there had to be an underlying reason why she did them; she thought it not to be a mark of being evil, simply... broken, in some way. In Annalisa's rage, Edreina had seen her fissures, her weaknesses and the tortured soul that lived beneath stony flesh. Somewhere in the muddled and misguided mess of her spirit, beyond where she was able to rationalize kidnapping another human and taking her as a slave, there had to be some silenced shred of humanity, some notion of kindness.

These sentiments were given stronger standings as the wizard turned to her once more, eyes trailing over the Svefra's filthy and freckled body with a mixture of emotions that Edreina could not identify in the moment she was given.

“We are going to go for a little side trip, Test Subject 1A. I’m going to show you what real terror is, how very easy your life is in my possession.”

Weakened by less food than normal, fitful sleep, and the stress that naturally came with one's life being upended, it took a moment for Edreina to wobble to her feet and set out after the wizard. Entering the hall for the first time in days, she was overwhelmed with a crushing sense of space, an inverted claustrophobia, if you will. Gasping at the sudden flow of air, she reeled to the side and careened in to the wall, limbs trembling faintly as she found herself able to move at liberty. More than two steps in any direction were suddenly granted to her and it was gloriously terrifying. She knew what awaited her in Annalisa's room. The rest of the Citadel was an enigma she feared delving into, now.

Strange though it may have been, she moved quickly to catch up to Annalisa and then stay close to her. Horrible as the woman was on the surface, she was the only thing Edreina knew. An unlikely dependence had formed. Though some depth of her soul whimpered and begged, Edreina resisted the urge to set out in search of the docks. If for some reason Annalisa allowed her to make it there, the gods only knew what she would find. Ambiguity, in this instance, was preferable over absolutes. She did not want to see Razkar dead after trying to find her, gone after giving up, or have him physically ripped away if he were still there and decided to try to save her from Annalisa.

For a moment, the naked woman wondered if they were going deeper into a part of the Courtyard as the moans and cries of pain became more prominent in her ears. That made it all the more shocking when Edreina realized that the sounds were not being generated by the dead, simply those that wished to be.

“Take my hand; I certainly hope you have a strong stomach.”

Preoccupied by fear of what she would soon face, Edreina did not hesitate to take Annalisa's hand and be led into this fresh pit of hell. Something metaphysical pulled at her very being as she crossed the threshold, but it lasted only for the span of a curious thought before relenting.

In the light of the torches, terrifying silhouettes danced. Painfully thin men and women lined the cages of the room, bearing the festering marks of their purpose. Torture was too kind a word for what these people endured. Some lay in their cell, blank eyed as they waited for death to find them. Some cried brokenly, as if their sobs had lost meaning a long time ago and now only served as the comfort of a habit. The Svefra saw one pacing, mangled hands twisting and turning before her as a string of senseless words left her tattered lips, mulled into nothingness as they went undirected by a tongue and passed through a maw without teeth. Ears brought some wretches to the fronts of their cages, arms moving aimlessly as the charred black pits in their skull failed to tell them where the new visitors were. "Death!" They cried in some manner or another. One's finger's brushed over Edreina's ankle as she was led by, unable to reach a height needed to let its eyes meet hers with it's legs that lay at unnatural angles.

Had Edreina the food to spare, she would have lost it after a tick in that rotten place. The air was thick and cloying, it stank of fear and clustered humans whose humanity had been amputated along with much of their physical form. With her hand still firmly in Annalisa's Edreina felt her mind tilt and whirl as her body had a short time earlier. There was no sense to this treatment, no rationale she could conceive that permitted such a reality to exist. What purpose did this serve? Where was the meaning in any of it? The thought that this was all senseless terrified her.

Yahal cannot save all... Even I was left to my own devices once freed of the cursed ring. Each trial must be faced with the faith that I will have the strength to over come it. If these people lacked faith... Her heart trembled weakly with pity for them and their plight. There had to be a purpose to all of this, even if she was too naive to see it.

Annalisa's decision to show Edreina this Dungeon did serve a faint purpose. The Svefra was forced to admit that, in a way, she was lucky it had been Annalisa, a creature that craved companionship, who had found and taken advantage of her. Had it been another, she may have ended up like the poor, caged wretches. At any time, the wizard could change her mind and send her to this awful place. Some obedience, it seemed, would be necessary to avoid a fate worse than the simple death these people begged for.

Partially defeated, Edreina turned to Annalisa, bowing her head to remove the people she could not help from her vision, as if that would also silence their cries of anguish. "I am sorry..." The words were meant only partially. At the very least, her earlier defiance had served to give her greater insight into the queer mind of Annalisa Marin. It had also shown her that brute force and determination would not be her salvation. Other, more lengthy, means would have to be used.

Edreina
Unbound

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Annalisa Marin on April 6th, 2014, 6:21 am

Anna entwined her fingers in Edreina’s own and the sorceress led the other woman into carnival of terror known as the Sahovan Dungeons. The tall woman’s ring gleamed and glowed softly as they crossed the threshold, allowing for the bound Svefra to pass through the wards. The dark haired woman didn’t hesitate in her steps as the cries and screams grew in volume, surrounding them all around as they would enter into the Dungeons proper. Wait lay beyond was a sight few in their right minds could truly hope to understand, or look upon without possibly emptying out the contents of their stomach upon the ground.

Cages and cells lined the walls, the wretches within were barely identifiable as human and bore horrific marks of torture upon their bodies. Some cried out while other stared blankly ahead, as though their minds were simply shut down from the amount of pain and suffering inflicted upon them. Arms reached out from behind bars, some crying out for death that would not come until after much pain no doubt. Most were fated to die in some wizard’s experiment no doubt; the only true and real joy that this place brought to her heart was that Daren Marlow had no doubt once enjoyed the hospitality of this place. She certainly hoped he had nightmares every night because of it, the petching hypnotist worm.

Anna was far too used to this place to be unhinged by it; she herself had partaken of the services Dungeon Master Cryptly offered. She was numb to the suffering around her; though deep within her that human part so deprived recoiled from this place and its terrors. Grey eyes flicked to her naked slave, narrowing at the apology with her lips curving upwards. The smile was neither kind nor cruel but was instead bitterer than a good deal of medicinal herbs.

“My first time going through here was the first day after I became an Apprentice, when my Mistress sent me to the Elements Sanctum. The Master there almost killed me on a whim, I can still hear his mad cackling if I close my eyes and think hard enough. I can still feel the electricity making my hairs standing on end, and the pain that enveloped my body.” Anna said, closing her eyes for a few ticks and turning fully to regard the red head.

“You aren’t sorry, Test Subject 1A, not yet at least. Worry not though; I have greater things in mind for you than you ending up wasting away in this place. I am a tad worried about your memory though, so let us attempt to refresh it.” The sorceress said ominously, turning away from the Svefra and leading them down a side corridor.

The walls of the hallway possessed slight gouges dug into them, as though someone were trying their hardest not to be dragged deeper into this nightmarish place. Stains of vital fluids were splashed here or there, sticky upon the floor and clinging lightly to Anna’s shoes and Edreina’s feet. Some of it looked fresh and recent. Further cells lined the walls, more prisoners within them of varied types possessing various reactions to the pair as they passed by.

Their steps would carry them down a flight of stairs, onto the first base floor, the strangest of the floors with the more exotic prisoners housed here. As they would pass the faces in the cells would start to look inhuman, Konti, Akalak, strange beings with half seal bodies. Symenestra and Zith savagely trying to escape, some trying to claw at the pair as they would pass by. One such Symenestra, legs shattered reached out a hand to grasp at their feet and Anna merely stepped hard upon the creature’s hand and earned a satisfying crunch for her effort. It howled in pain and cursed in its native language, but the sorceress didn’t afford it a second look.

“Sub-Humans… pathetic creatures.” Anna remarked low under her breath as she led them down another flight of stairs.

Once they reached the base floor they would be confronted with a gruesome sight, one lit dimly in the magelights. Devices of torture were arrayed all throughout the room, restraining devices, implements of torture still gleaming crimson with vital fluids, knives, whips, hammers, anything that could possibly inflict pain upon another living creature was found here. A way down the room could be a shriek of purest agony, ripped from a throat experiencing torture to the extreme. Anna led them in that direction and once there they would be met with the sight of the one the sorceress sought, already at work as he normally was.

A grotesque looking Nuit was hunched over a restraining table, utilizing a pair of pliers to tear a fingernail from an unfortunate human male. His screams filled the air, the sight causing even Anna to wince slightly. The Nuit merely went about his task, tearing off another fingernail before noticing that he had company on this floor of the Dungeons. The man turned, his eyes falling upon Anna and a smirk creasing his dead face to reveal rotting teeth. His free hand flipped a gold rimmed Miza, catching it deftly and spinning it around in his dead fingers.

“Well, Wizard Marin, surprised to see you back so soon. Here to partake in my hospitality once again?” The undead inquired, a greedy glint enter his static gaze.

“Of course, Master Cryptly. I would not dream of using your facilities without first paying you your due. That would be rude.” Anna said, inclining her head slightly though the light in her eyes was one of anger.

The Nuit set his pliers down and threw out an arm widely, gesturing to the various implements of torture around the chamber. He seemed to possess and aura of menace about him, one that looked almost predatory when his gazed locked with one’s own as it did briefly for Edreina. Anna had already placed a hand into the folds of her robe, calculating the necessary funds for their time in this place. Two bells sounded like enough time and a few toys to play with most likely, including a restraining table. The old Dungeon Master had quite a good set up here, being able to dictate prices as he pleased.

“You know my normal fees, the prices are non-negotiable. I see you have brought your own toy with you this time.” The Nuit said.

“Yes, my slave has forgotten her place. I intend to remind her.” The sorceress said, taking out the necessary funds and handing them over to Cryptly.

The Nuit’s dead eyes seemed to gleam as they beheld the gold rimmed Miza’s through Anna had already put him out of mind as she moved away from him, towards a table near the far end of the room. The funds were enough for their session here today, a bit of discipline from Mistress to slave being needed obviously. Once they reached the table Anna would gesture towards it, the restraints dripping with vital fluids.

“Lay down on you back, 1A.” Anna commanded, her grey eyes cold and possessing a bit of fury to them.

OOCTwo Bells lower chamber- 10 GM's
Restraining table- 2 GM's
Branding iron- 2 GM's
Acupuncture needle- 2 GM's

Total= 16 GM's

Annalisa Marin
Sorceress of Chaos

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Edreina on April 7th, 2014, 4:54 am

“You aren't sorry, Test Subject 1A, not yet at least. Worry not though; I have greater things in mind for you than you ending up wasting away in this place. I am a tad worried about your memory though, so let us attempt to refresh it.”

The Svefra's bare feet struggled vainly to find tread as she attempted to slow, to force Annalisa to do so as well. But, days with little food and a floor hauntingly slick while somehow also sticky kept Edreina from being able to do so. She was pulled about a corner and torches set a frightening sight into sharp contrast. The walls had been marked countless times, but all were the same in their direction and desperate nature. Deep, bloody gouges had destroyed the walls from ceiling to floor.

Edreina was half tempted to trip down the stairs and take Annalisa with her. But, walking was better than falling into her fate. At least this way she could imagine that she held some measure of control, still.

Strange manner of human-like creatures struggled in the cages they passed next. Scaled Konti and dark-skinned Akalak she had only heard of in tales from other Svefra were the only sort she even faintly recognized. Some looked to be experiments gone wrong with their midnight fur, their leathery wings and some with their bodies more closely resembling seals. Sub-humans, Annalisa called them. Strange and terrible, Edreina thought them.

The gleam of metal, the subtle glow of leather. All greeted Edreina with a merry little twinkle that set her heart fluttering fearfully. Though she did not recognize the devices themselves, their intent was clear and immediately terrifying as it registered on a subliminal level. Immediately, her eyes caught a row of whips, all far more sinister looking than her own.

Someone screamed, and Edreina's blood ran cold in her veins, locking her knees for a few ticks as she continued to attempt to resist moving forward, deeper in to the pit.

There was a creature, hunched and grotesque even from across the room. Again the man screamed and for the first time, Edreina was made aware of the little silver device in his hand, tugging away the man's nails like scales from a fish. The sight of it rolled Edreina's empty stomach and made her clutch Annalisa's hand more tightly, as if that would protect her own fingers from such molestation. Finally, the creature of a man looked up, and smiled in a familiar manner at Annalisa. The red haired woman's stomach dropped into her toes while her heart filled her throat; sour fear filled the space in between.

The two spoke, but it was unintelligible over the roaring in her ears and the pounding in her veins. She stood like a stone, blinking rapidly as if that would make the terrors fade and replace them with the comforting sight of a bright blue ocean.

“Lay down on you back, 1A.

A single sentence, cold and piercing cut through the haze of terror blunting the young woman's senses. Truly, she was too terror struck to do anything other than comply. Her mouth was the only part of her that gave any sort of a fight. "P-please... You don't have to do this. I-I'll be better... Please... You c-can't do this!" Even as she lay down, she stiffened with the realization of her words. She had told her captor what she could or could not do. "Mistress Marin, please..." she whimpered. It was sickening to realize that Yahal could not help her, then... It was to this woman whom she had to pray, to beg for forgiveness and for life. Her soul trembled, but some part of her clung to the knowledge that she would be free by the time the leaves fell. Changed, but free.

Edreina
Unbound

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Annalisa Marin on April 7th, 2014, 6:08 am

Edreina begged, though really it was hardly unexpected when confronted with the possibility of torture it was natural for one to avoid it. She made promises to be better, to be more obedient most likely though that would not stay the tall woman’s hand. The human part of her soul recoiled at this, at how heartless she could still be even when the desperation lacing Edreina’s tone was clear for her to hear. The pleading, the willingness to do anything to escape the possibility of a torment more horrific than could be imagined by her most likely. It was both terrible and wonderful to the sorceress, who strode over to the table with her expression blank.

The wrists were first, the metal restraints built into the table being fastened just below the earth shackles around Edreina’s wrists and pinned one arm to either side of her head. This done, Anna would lean down against the table with her elbows and stare down at her slave and smirk mockingly down at her. She had just been told what she couldn’t do to her, to a thing that was her property and it was rather hilarious all things considered. Really a good joke, and it showed by Anna’s eyes twinkling with cruel mirth.

“Can’t? I can do whatever the petch I want to you, 1A. You are mine, I own you. I decide what happens to you, I decide if you suffer or writhe in pleasure. You belong to me, apparently you disagree.” Anna said plainly, moving around and fastening Edreina’s feet to the table as well.

“You disobeyed me; you referred to yourself by that other name. Forget that woman. Forget that life she once had because it is dead and gone. I don’t give a petch about who you were or about what you have done or who loved you. Here on Sahova, none of that matters.” Anna said, waving a hand airily as she moved back around to loom over Edreina.

The tall sorceress slowly undid the sash of her robes, the smooth purple silk supple and soft in her fingers. This done Anna would raise it up above the Svefra’s head, letting her think about what was about to happen for a moment. After keeping it poised there for a few ticks the tall woman slowly would lower it over Edreina’s eyes and tie it off around her head to blindfold the other woman. From here Anna leaned in again and would let her hot breath wash over her slave’s face, moving one finger to lightly tap at one cheek.

From here she leaned out again and removed her finger from the woman’s dirty flesh, pacing around the table a bit as she stared ponderingly down at the red headed woman. The sorceress stopped beside her and leaned down, moving a cold hand to lightly touch at the woman’s collarbone and then trail it down slowly between the valley of her breasts. Her hand’s path moved slowly over Edreina’s stomach and over her navel, rising up before reaching that sensitive flesh between her legs. This little task accomplished Anna moved away from the table and searched over a few implements of torment.

Her gaze found a few branding irons stuck into hot coals, drawing a smirk from Anna as she fancied leaving a mark on the Svefra’s body that she would not soon forget in this life or the next. Her god Laviku had marked her body, so perhaps it was time for her Mistress to stake her claim upon her new property. Edreina needed to be taught the price for her disobedience, and while Anna was not exactly the most prolific enjoyer of torture she did have a spot for dominance over those around her.

Anna gripped the handle of one the irons and held it near her face, the heat radiating from the red hot metal brilliantly. It was really more of just a simple bar with a handle and the end heated up, useful for branding certain patterns into a person’s flesh. For Edreina the tall woman had a couple of ideas, each one appealing to her a little more than the last. First though a bit of intimidation sounded like fun, to make the Svefra squirm just a little bit more.

“Now then, 1A, what it your name? Whom do you serve?” Anna said, lowering the tip of the iron close to Edreina’s face so that the heat would radiate from it nicely.

Regardless of Edreina’s answer Annalisa’s response would be the same, to wordlessly move the branding iron away from the red heads face. The sorceress would keep the iron away from the other woman’s body, her grey eyes searching for a spot that would be perfect and smirked when she found it. With that the dark haired woman would then move her hand over the place where Edreina’s heat beat, following up with lowering her head over it and listening to the organ as it pumped blood through her slave’s body.

“I love the sound of your heart, 1A. I’ve learned to appreciate the simple things upon Sahova; one of those things is the sound of a pulse in a person’s body. As their warm living blood it circulated through their whole body. I like the sound of yours; it’s beautiful, so rhythmic no matter the pace. I could worship that sound, listen to it day and night and never tire of it.” Anna said, her tone almost bordering on longing and needing.

The sound of Edreina’s heart ensuring that life remained in her body echoed out through flesh and bone, causing Anna to close her eyes for a moment and just stay like this for a chime. Part of her wanted to drift off to sleep like this, to hold that warm sound that Anna equated to living closely to her mind. She wanted to dream of sleeping inside that heart, the drumbeat of Edreina’s life echoing in her ears and being the only thing she need ever hear. Anna imagined this; let her mind wander to pleasant places for a moment before drawing her head back slowly.

“You need to be taught a lesson, 1A. You disobeyed your mistress, and you insulted her. I can be kind, but if I have to be cruel then I will. I leave it up to you to decide what you prefer.” The sorceress said as she lowered the iron suddenly upon the outside of Edreina’s right thigh.

The sizzling sound of flesh being burned would sound out, though the tall woman would pay no mind to anything but her task at hand. Slowly she would move the tip of the iron in a desired pattern, moving downwards in a slightly diagonal line. The dark haired woman would then move it down in a similar pattern on the others side, giving this line a trailing end to it. From here she would merge the two lines with another line connecting them, creating an ‘A’. The tall woman would add a dot here before moving right next to the new letter, lifting her iron from Edreina’s flesh before starting upon next letter. She slowly moved the iron again, this time zigzagging to create an ‘M’.

Anna would step back from her work and stare at it, her initials having been branded into Edreina’s outer right thigh. From here she moved to put the iron away and instead picked up an acupuncture needle lying on a table nearby, smiling down at the Svefra though she knew she couldn’t see it. From here the sorceress drew close to Edreina’s face again and whispered to her.

“I think that was fun. I think we should do some more, don’t you, 1A? I paid for two bells after all and we are barely fifteen chimes into this. Waste not, want not.” Anna said.

Annalisa Marin
Sorceress of Chaos

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Edreina on April 8th, 2014, 5:04 am

Darkness. The wizard had seen it best to begin the torture with darkness. Edreina already felt it pushing in around her, narrowing her world and sending her heart into a fearful flutter. She could not see what was coming for her. Would that be a good thing or would it make each tick pass slower and more acutely? Immediately, she decided it to the later. The woman's breath was stifling and oppressive, then, as it became the only thing existing in her world of darkness aside from the pressure on her wrists and ankles.

In her mind's eye, she watched the journey of Annalisa's hand, tensing when it neared her breasts and then again the fork of her legs. Inhale. Exhale. Inhale! Exhale! Inhale! Exhale. The erratic pattern of her breath was all she had to mark time. Already, an eternity had passed and the world outside of that darkness had crumbled away and been scattered by the wind.

“Now then, 1A, what it your name? Whom do you serve?”

Heat washed over Edreina's face and a fearful sweat broke out across her brow. As if it would help, her body pressed even closer against the wood while her limbs locked and trembled. Instinct seized her and her lips formed the words she hoped would save her some measure of pain. "Test Subject 1A serves Mistress Annalisa Marin, Wizard of the Citadel." The words came out upon a single breath, and trembled faintly every few syllables.

The heat left, and Edreina sighed in relief. It lasted only for a breath before she stiffened again as the woman's dark hair tickled her breasts before her cheek met the soft, freckled mound of flesh. Another breath and Edreina relaxed again, struck by the curious impulse to stroke the poor woman's hair as she spoke.

“I love the sound of your heart, 1A. I’ve learned to appreciate the simple things upon Sahova; one of those things is the sound of a pulse in a person’s body. As their warm living blood it circulated through their whole body. I like the sound of yours; it’s beautiful, so rhythmic no matter the pace. I could worship that sound, listen to it day and night and never tire of it.”

For a moment, Edreina was once again reminded of the fact that, despite her behavior, Annalisa was just another human being. Broken, she may have been in a way she could not even understand, but she was still human. Deep down, there was a part of her that was confused and frightened and longing for some kind of fulfillment. Peace, she realized, did not come easily to this wizard. All the instability in her life made her crave control over some element; in this case, it was Edreina. The Svefra slowed her breathing, urged her heart to steady, hoped that it would be enough to calm Annalisa, even a little would do. Perhaps, then the wizard's heart would not wish to see so much violence inflicted upon her captive for the sake of control.

“You need to be taught a lesson, 1A. You disobeyed your mistress, and you insulted her. I can be kind, but if I have to be cruel then I will. I leave it up to you to decide what you prefer.”

Edreina screamed. And screamed. And screamed until her throat was raw and the power of her scream seemed to try to pull her soul from her body, to take it somewhere safer. Her body tensed and convulsed in pain as she continued to scream, voice echoing off of the walls and bouncing into the darkness that had become her world. In that darkness, there was only the searing, blinding light and the sound of her screams.

The iron came again. And again. And Again.

With each pass of the iron, the woman's self control and even her identity was being burnt away. If she could not protect her flesh, how could she protect who she was? Her name and her very future could be stripped as easily as her flesh. And, though she hated to admit it, deep down Edreina knew that the woman was changing her behavior to some extent.

In the end, Edreina stopped screaming. A harsh, broken sound came from between her lips as the iron fell upon her tortured flesh for the final time. The sound trailed away and, not knowing that this part of her punishment was done, Edreina lost control. She gasped wetly, body rocking and convulsing with heavy sobs that tore from her breast. The silk over her eyes grew wet frighteningly fast as she cried, hands trembling in their cuffs. Her leg, mangled and burned as it was, twitched and spasmed in pain like a horse beneath the torment of a horsefly. A horse fly with a hot iron poker as a mouth.

She begged, she knew, though her mind was too far shattered to remember or control her words. Between each sob, with each ragged breath, she begged for her life, for it to end. She just wanted the end, she needed it to end. The Svefra felt her mind slipping away from her body as the pain ebbed and flowed with each beat of her heart. "Please... By the gods please..." She was a woman broken, and her words showed the depth of each fissure.

Edreina
Unbound

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Next