Completed Magic Man and Brown Bear Too

Artur catches the eye of Miro while at the shore of Lake Ravok.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A city floating in the center of a lake, Ravok is a place of dark beauty, romance and culture. Behind it all though is the presence of Rhysol, God of Evil and Betrayal. The city is controlled by The Black Sun, a religious organization devoted to Rhysol. [Lore]

Magic Man and Brown Bear Too

Postby Artur on June 26th, 2014, 7:56 am

Their feast was a quiet one that could only be described as pleasant, the atmosphere a humble and relaxed one now that Artur's food seemed to finally be finished and ready to chow down on. With the way the sweet delicious taste flowed from the meat the bear couldn't help but only want more and more as he tried to keep from gorging himself on the stuff. Of course with the presentation of Miro's half eaten food the bear looked modest to the man, surprised that the entire plate hadn't been cleaned off. By the sound of it Miro wasn't entirely all that hungry to begin with, which was almost a foreign concept to Artur, yet he didn't press the matter. "Thank you kind sir! I appreciate the leftovers." Gyatt chuckled as he continued through his own half of the meal, he wasn't a fast eater but that was mainly due to the fact he enjoyed fine cuisines.

This wasn't by far a fine cuisine but seeing as how Artur had a knack with food, the man couldn't help but enjoy what tasty creations the bear had to offer. In the short time that Artur had been here, the kitchen had already become his favorite place to be by far. Why wouldn't it. That was always his favorite area to be in, to make and discover new ways to enjoy food was the Kelvic's own way of having an adventure after all. Soon though their meals would be finished and in turn they were all left with full bellies, Artur being the one that ate the most seeing as how he was almost a bottomless pit half the time. Afterwards the room felt more at ease, enough to where Miro would rise to his feet and address the two of them with a most impressive speech.

To say that the bear wasn't surprised at the mention of his child would be an understatement, yet even so with the explanations and showing of the amount of Miza he carried, the intentions that weren't so easily picked up by Artur were now know. Gyatt suspected this of course but only because they were hints, at best the only surprise he held was in the amount of currency their guest had offered. First a thousand Miza's worth. That was by far more than what Gyatt had to pay for Artur, yet even so he'd come to find that you couldn't easily put a price on a soul such as the Kelvic. Yet to promise a purchase of both Artur and the alleged child that rested in KRF? That as an interesting proposition altogether, as the amount could very well be ridiculously high depending on what form Artur's child took as an animal. If anything this was a practicable gamble on Miro's part, one that greatly intrigued Gyatt to no end. Would an individual like Miro really go so far? Would he actually go through with this promise and in turn make a better life for Artur?

Gyatt leaned forward in his chair, arms rested on the table with his hands folded underneath his nose. His eyes were full of puzzlement as he tried to assess the deal, the sudden request to buy Artur a rather wild yet somehow bold idea to consider. Miro did want to help him after all, Miro did save him in turn. Maybe this man could provide that new direction the Kelvic needed to go, help him learn the good and the bad with Ravok, and in turn shed light on the beauty the city had to offer. There was no doubt about it, Artur was just as much in capable hands with Miro as he was with Gyatt himself. With this being known the silence spent in contemplation led with a sigh from Gyatt, while Artur practically looked shocked about the entire moment as a whole. "Artur," The bear looked to his master in high fascination, "I believe Miro enough to allow this but I want you to have a say as well, it is your own life after all and you deserve to make your own decisions. You know Miro better than I, so what do you think is best for you?"

The bear felt oddly comfortable about this, nervous but strangely the mood was just far too laid back really. The bear took to glance between the two of them for a moment, the heavy weight in the decision something he wouldn't have thought before were he not to consider the consequences. He did save me after all, and he did buy me food to cook. That and... His child. He never found any slight clue or inclination as to how he would save that poor thing, the offspring he was forced to create just so those lunatics could further their own 'research'. Miro promises he'll help me, that he'll free that child all because he wants... ownership over me? How could he refuse? He was practically property to Gyatt now, so why would he not make an exchange. Become property to Miro and in turn have something that belongs to him returned. Even if Artur didn't absolutely want the child, he knew he would have to suck it up and prepare for it sooner or later. Either way this proposition was something he couldn't afford to turn down, not when he could practically work to repay Miro the same way he started with Gyatt.

"You'd really help me get my child back? I don't know if I could ever repay you for that amount of kindness." He admitted humbly as his eyes grew a bit watery, still he held back the tears as he found the courage to say his decision aloud. "I'll accept the offer hands down!" Gyatt didn't seem to show any signs of joy or bitterness, only a complacent expression to show that he agreed with the decision. Deep down he would no doubt miss having Artur around, but he knew good and well that a moment like this would come sooner or later. It was simply easier to see Artur get out on his on in his own terms, and if he chose this route then who was Gyatt to argue with him.

"That settles it then, Miro. I'll leave Artur in your care for the deal of seven-hundred and a promise, one that involves you freeing Artur's child and in turn watching out for the both of them." He bargained with arms crossed then. "The money is only a pleasantry on my part, having your word and knowing you'll consider the health and safety of these two is what concerns me more." He left it at that, either way the deal was already made. Miro had successfully achieved his agenda today and he knew it, Artur was all his considering the accord they'd reached.
"Artur's words" Artur's thoughts "Others words"

Ricky
Scrapbook - Vlogs
Artur
Only slightly troubled.

Words: 182526
Joined roleplay: December 7th, 2012, 3:54 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Miro on June 28th, 2014, 4:39 am

Miro was still shaking, his eyes slightly dilated, but his mind now only was filled with thoughts of self-praise. Artur, Gyatt, they loved him, they trusted him. The deal, it was a success, his entire plan was. From the moment he decided on acquiring the Kelvic he thought of this moment. To spread his domination, acquire more power, it was what he sought, what he craved. It was the most satisfying feeling he knew.

However that feeling was always short lived, instantly replaced by the next opportunity to attempt satiation. But it never happened, he was never satisfied. Uldr was never satisfied, and that was the way it was supposed to be. Part of the undead hated the god for that, but a greater part of him was thankful he still roamed the world. Yes, Uldr made him powerful, but at what cost?

The Chained One put away his remaining money and bowed his head in appreciation to Gyatt as he spoke. "You have my word Gyatt. I assure you, I will take excellent care of Artur. I will see that his child is saved, given the same care as well. The idea of a father being separated from his son, it pains me greatly. Pains me for reasons you would not understand." This was true, but only for the most selfish of reasons. But at least his word was good.

Yes, Artur's child, he would make a fine slave too. This was the next gain at power and domination, the next craving. However there was perhaps more that could be gained of this. There was a chance the Kelvic was of a superior breed, but as well that it could be a useless creature. But either way, it was a way to further the grasp on Artur.

Miro lifted his head and took his pack upon his shoulder. Sincere eyes shifted toward the newly acquired slave. Again the wizard spoke in a kind and warm voice. "I know I just purchased you Artur, and you are now my slave, but that is only for your protection. It is so nothing happens to you. However to me you're not a slave, but rather my pet, my friend. I hope that's okay with you."

But it was about time they left. Artur would be staying with his new master from now on, though the room was quite small. Attention was shifted back to Gyatt. "Thank you for inviting me into your home Gyatt. And for having faith in me too. Artur is, of course, free to visit you whenever he pleases. However I think it is about time for me to return home. I am eager to show Artur his new home."

"Are you ready Artur? It is a long walk, and it will get dark before long. I am excited to show you your new home, a bit of your new life, get to know you better. It might take some time to adjust, but I will try to make things easy. We can go shopping, get you some things you need, see you're kept happy. But we also have some rules to discuss. There is plenty of time to discuss this on our trip home. Would you please show me out?"
Miro
Not quite Nuit, just a little undead.

Words: 1238727
Joined roleplay: May 15th, 2011, 7:52 am
Race: Nuit
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 2
Overlored (1) 2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Artur on June 28th, 2014, 5:47 am

Upon the given word Gyatt found himself able to at least hold a small grin for the accord, the sense of a promise made was enough to allow the decision to be followed through now. Artur was Miro's, he therefore had rights over the Kelvic just as any other master would. Yet he wasn't prone to flaunt his new found position so quickly, instead Miro merely threw the word slave with the meaning of intent to follow. Protection. It was rather good to keep that in mind, while Gyatt was more soft about using the word the fact was he too used it as a farce. A means to protect Artur from being victimized by those who would take advantage over his given freedom.

"Am... I ready? To leave now?! Well I suppose, it is getting dark after all." He was still a little dumbfounded with the whole event, the turnout of it somewhat a little surreal for him to try and live in. He had been purchased by yet another, this one intending to help him be reunited with the child he had waiting in KRF. The idea was a little hard to swallow but nevertheless it was a reality he was living, and he in turn had much to work for if he ever wanted to settle the debt that he was bound to repay. Nothing, no amount of work or effort, could easily repay the amount of kindness that the man had demonstrated for him though. It was a scary yet exciting at the same time, something that made Artur's belly roll nervously as he rose to his feet. "Master- I mean Gyatt sir," He looked over to the man that had been his savior with sincerity in his eyes, "I could never thank you enough for getting me out of that place. I-"

"Save it buddy, you've thanked me enough already." Gyatt interrupted heartily as he rose to his feet in turn. "You've been a good friend to have around, and I'm proud in saying that helping you was the best thing I've done." He assured the Kelvic with a pat on the shoulder, Artur of course was wildly speechless. "You've had a rough start here but I'm hopeful Miro can make it easier for you, and I want you to know that know matter what you choose to do, I'm proud that I played a small part in helping out." He then moved to nudge Artur along with a humble smile cast from him to Miro. "Now go on to your new home, get settled in, and when you can come and visit sometime. I'd like to see this child of yours when you finally have custody."

"Thank you. I will sir. Thank you so much!" The bear managed to choke out a few words finally, his heart suddenly uplifted with a sense of joy as he started to follow Miro down the hall. They were shown out by Gyatt himself and in turn headed on out into the streets of the city once more, the Kelvic's mind raced with so many overwhelming thoughts and emotions as both Master and Kelvic headed back on to the place he would now call his new home. On the way Miro would fill Artur in with the details and in turn the Kelvic would share his thoughts as all part of the new ownership process, if anything he likely filled Miro with happy thoughts due to his genuine reactions. There was a lot he hadn't fully understood but at the same time he didn't care, for reasons unknown Artur didn't care as to why he didn't understand the inner feelings that radiated within. He was experiencing something new and something exciting, in turn he was also going to learn a lot from his new master in the time to come.

Their arrival took a while but once they were home Artur found himself in yet a new place, this time excitement ran through his mind rather than heartache, seeing as how this was a big step towards getting the one important thing he wanted. It was only a matter of time now before they would be able to save his child, and then in turn see to it that child actually had a life of his own as he grew. The tour of the house was all the more interesting for Artur, but when bedtime came around and he was shown his room, he didn't waste time to get settled in then. He felt good for once, and it was a feeling he wanted to remember when he would shut his eyes for the eve.
"Artur's words" Artur's thoughts "Others words"

Ricky
Scrapbook - Vlogs
Artur
Only slightly troubled.

Words: 182526
Joined roleplay: December 7th, 2012, 3:54 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Abstract on July 8th, 2014, 1:10 pm

Grade Awarded!

~|-|~

Artur

Award :
Skills

~ Observation – 5
~ Brawling – 1
~ Socialization – 2
~ Planning – 1
~ Cleaning – 1
~ Cooking - 2

Lores

~ Weird Smells Mean Bad Things
~ Miro: Nice Mage Man
~ Miro: New Owner and Friend

Other

N/A

~|-|~

Miro

Award :
Skills

~ Summoning – 2
~ Leeching – 1
~ Observation – 2
~ Persuasion – 5
~ Auristics – 1
~ Weapon: Gladius – 1
~ Hypnotism – 4
~ Familiary – 1
~ Socialization – 1
~ Rhetoric – 4
~ Storytelling - 1

Lores

~ Diverse: Able to Learn Magic
~ Diverse: Too Weak to Handle Two Initiations
~ The Aura of a Diverse
~ Artur: Cowardly Bear Kelvic
~ Persuasion: Manipulating to Earn a Kelvic
~ Artur: New Slave
~ Gyatt: Artur’s Master

Other

N/A

~|-|~

Notes

I loved Artur’s reaction to the order of killing the bear. ‘Bear? Where?’

Miro… I’m sorry… I maxed out on persuasion. You spent so much of this thread manipulating Artur, or manipulating Diverse, or… gods. I mean, this is Miro… but I still haven’t seen this much. Damn.

An amazing thread, incredibly dense, with a lot to award both ways… well… mostly Miro’s way. Artur, your writing was as wonderful as ever XD I love him as a character.
Abstract
In a roundabout way... everything is me

Words: 382975
Joined roleplay: June 5th, 2013, 4:06 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 3
Featured Contributor (1) Artist (2)

Previous