Flashback The Saltwater Lake. [Pavi Lake] (S'Essy)

Our hero goes on a trip with a Konti healer.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Stretching northward along the coastline of the Suvan Sea, the Cobalt Mountains are the home of the Bronze Wood, numerous ruins, and creatures both strange and fantastical.

The Saltwater Lake. [Pavi Lake] (S'Essy)

Postby Markus Andres on April 21st, 2014, 4:15 pm

47th-Fall-509

It was a nice day for a late fall day. Syna was in the sky and not a cloud to see for miles around the two mortals walking on the Kabrin road. The occasional gust of wind did sting with cold, but if they kept their cloaks close around them they would not notice it beyond the ordinary. But the cold in the wind did signal that soon the time for Morwen and her trip around the world. That was for another time. Markus did not wear his huge set of plate and chain armour. Only his chestplate was made of metal. The rest was his ordinary clothes. Replaced from last time he had been with the woman beside him.

It had been a couple of days since the two had first met and Markus had spent those days doing chores and improving upon his physique at his masters insistence – punishment for ruining his clothes. Had been gruelling, though he was getting used to it, but it had given him the idea for a trip with S'Essy. She probably wanted to see the sights and although it had been years since Markus had last been there, the walk the Pavi Lake was well worth the walk and time spent.

On his back the squire carried a pair of one man tents, enough food to last them through the day and the one after. A gallon of water. By his hip was the bastard sword that had tasted his blood only a few days prior. Over the backpack he had slung a heater shield. Simple metal. He also carried a dagger, although he hardly thought he would need either of the weapons.

At least he hoped it wouldn't be necessary. He did not want S'Essy to see him when he fought for real, didn't want her to see that less than noble side of him. Not unless absolutely required. But the two were still quite close to Syliras, so them being attacked here wasn't very likely.

The dark blue cloak under the backpack ruffled as another gust of wind brushed by and Markus reached out to grab onto S'Essy's left hand. He had still not told the woman where they were going, but he didn't want to ruin the surprise, for Pavi Lake was one of those places that was hard to describe. But he hoped she would enjoy the surprise. For it had taken his few moments of freedom in the past days to gather the supplies.
Markus Andres
The OTK

Words: 1104443
Joined roleplay: September 14th, 2010, 7:43 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Medals: 3
Featured Character (1) Trailblazer (1)
Overlored (1)

Postby S'Essy on April 21st, 2014, 4:41 pm

S'Essy was still enjoying the sight of the woods' leaves. She loved how colorful they became. Also Syna's light was still strong but not as warm as in summer. Wind was whispering everywhere, but she hardly felt that as her cloack was around her body keeping her warm enough. She wasn't wandering alone now and not in the deep forest alone which could be dangerous. She was walking on the Kabrin road with Markus.

Eversince her meeting with him her days were more joyful she couldn't wait to see him again. That's why she was thrilled when he invited her to a place. She didn't know where, it was supposed to be a suprise for her. She didn't mind, in fact it made her more curious and more thrilled. She looked at Markus with a big smile. "Thanks Darling!" she said for twice now but she couldn't help of it.

She didn't wear anything different only her light clothing and her cloack. She also didn't bring any package as Markus brought everything for both of them. The tent, the food and the water. Also weapons and shield. She felt bad that she didn't bring anything. "Cmon Markus, stop with this 'I'm monster if I let a lady bring stuffs', let me at least bring the... the... petch my common." She was struggling to remember the word shield, but after some seconds it came to her mind. "SHIELD! Yes shield! Or at least the foods and water." She tried to convience him but also not offending him. But she was confident enough that Markus knew she was not the most serious person in the world. Not with him.

She also reached out her hand out to grab his. Her face didn't turn red now. Not after the things they have done in the woods which will be forever their moment. Which reminded her. "How did you explain yourself to your Master? " She found it amusing to picture, she was also trying to copy his voice and impersonated him. "I'm sorry Ser! I met with a beautiful Konti in the deep woods and she couldn't stop her... wild nature and jumped on me and teared apart my clothes because she wanted me so badly. To be honest I enjoyed it and I let her do it."

She giggled and also added. "Ser! I recommend to not send Knights in the woods. Lustful Kontis are about to jump on them!" Then she changed her voice back to her normal and raised her eyebrows. "Was it something like this?"
Unless I promised one, I can not accept any more threads at the moment! I'm sorry.
ImageImage
S'Essy
Markus' advisor

Words: 267181
Joined roleplay: February 3rd, 2014, 6:16 pm
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 1
Overlored (1)

Postby Markus Andres on April 21st, 2014, 8:59 pm

The way she called him darling brought some colour to his cheeks as he murmured something about not mentioning it. The loud way she had spoken, for everyone to hear. Markus was not used to walking around with a wonderful woman next to him, who so openly expressed their relationship. Budding as it was, he did not feel ashamed of being with her, quite the contrary, privileged to have a nice and beautiful girl like her beside him. It only enriched his day. He looked at her big smile and could only smile back. He wanted to pull her close and kiss her then - but he controlled himself. The temptation lingered though.

"Bah, leave it be, S'Essy. It barely weighs anything. I could throw you over the shoulder and carry you out there with ease. Besides." It had been long days apart from her, very long days. But to walk here beside her, hear her voice and see the warm bright smile on her lips once more. It was as if the past few days of training did not exist. "If you carried something on your back, I couldn't do this." His right arm slipped free of her hand and went around her lower back. Pulling her closer to him and he kissed her on her left temple. Temptation had won. But he took a measurement of self control from the fact that he had managed not to go for the lips.

His hand slipped back across her lower back, feeling the cloak and fabric underneath. He would find her small hand again. Delicate fingers as his larger, warriors hands found hers. Rough from years of holding a weapon. He raised a brow when she asked her question - how he explained himself to his master? The squire had been about to reply when she spoke again. She caught him by surprise - he chuckled at her rendition of how he had explained his clothes to his master. He did not dispute her use of the word beautiful, but he did note her use of it, she considered herself beautiful. He could not blame her. Markus chuckle turned into a soft laughter.

The squire looked thoughtful for a couple of seconds as if he was contemplating her question.

"Hmm, yes... Except I don't think I used the word beautiful." He rubbed his chin with his left hand as he let her believe he had made an insult. "Couldn't tell him the whole truth, If I had said you were beautiful, there would be no shortage of volunteers to end this 'menace'." He gave her a wink and squeezed her right hand gently as he leaned in closer. "And I don't want to share this menace." He whispered softly into her left ear before returning to a more decent distance for a young couple. It felt good to have her hand in his as they walked. Made him feel a little more complete.

"I promise you, where we are going, you will love the place. Well, I hope so at least. If not, well. I promise to carry you back home again if the place doesn't suit you." He rambled a little before he threw a glance to his left. Then a little further over his shoulder. Looking for the bronze tower. Somewhere, a good deal behind him, he saw the tower's gem glisten at the very top. They had passed the hot springs around midday, that had been a bell or two ago. Which meant it made sense they had gotten this far north. "Hmm, we have to turn now, into the forest." Markus halted and pointed to the left. "It is probably not much further now. Half a bell tops." He said with a confident smile on his lips as he began to walk into the forest. A good simple path between a pair of oak trees gave them a good entrance into the Bronze Woods.

"Do you like Syliras? Even with all the people and the cramped spaces?"

Well done Markus - why not mention the smell of death near the li mauta, and the rotten fish stench by the harbour. He continued a list of negative aspects of Syliras in his mind. Kicking himself mentally for the mistake.
Markus Andres
The OTK

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Overlored (1)

Postby S'Essy on April 22nd, 2014, 6:37 am

She just shook her head slightly. She won't argue more about carrying the stuff, but still it was annoying for her a bit. She was muttering herself something in Kontinese so he couldn't understand. Beside she was thinking just to jump on him by suprise and see how he can carry her and their packages. He said he could carry her, just a test wouldn't hurt.. much. As she was busy with her thoughts she didn't notice first that his hand was around her now. Her thoughts were stopped only when he pulled her closer and gave a kiss.

She went closer to him and tilted her head on his shoulder. How strange, how good it was for her. Everything around her didn't matter at the moment.
Her smile became brighter when he started to laugh but vanished for a moment when he said he didn't use the word beautiful. She was waiting for a moment, expecting from him something. He was Markus... there was always something behind this. And of course as he continued, S'Essy was standing on her toes just to reach his face and gave him back the kiss. Then she lied her head back on his shoulder. "Jealous much?"

She already forgot they were going somewhere till Markus mentioned it again. She believed that it will be a good place. She trusted in the squire's judgement. "And if I like it I promise I will allow you to carry me back. Deal?" She winked. Either way... Markus will carry her. And he was staring at the tower, S'Essy turned her head there too. There was a glistening gem. It was special. But she looked back and turned left with him. Again in the forest, but at least she was safe.

"Oh well." She started and started to ponder. Actually she liked it overall. It was still strange for her after Mura but she felt more lively. "Interesting and really different from Mura . And what do you mean by With All The People? Cmon Mark!" Then she started to share a bit about Mura."Really strange for me, you know. I mean in Mura, we help each other and never fight. Also not knowing your father is a common thing. I couldn't find a new culture because I don't know who my father is. It would really hard to start fighting with people actually there. Having Rak'keli's or Avalis' mark or even both and having a special unique ability everyone of us... Imagine that you look into a person's eyes and you know that she wants to eat fish now." She also looked into Markus' eyes. It was harder to tell people's needs here. "Don't misunderstand me, it's really peaceful and nice just... it got into my nerves. Everyday was the same. I felt like I can't be... myself I want to be different, I want to be me. "

She sighed and was still staring into his dark green eyes. Her tone changed a bit and her smile was also more playful. "So it was a nice change. It's hard to tell what you guys want really. I mean I'm looking into your eyes now and I'm wondering how to please you: Get naked now or later?" Then she was laughing loudly and rubbed the squire's arms. She just noticed now how strong he was. "Okay, sorry sorry! That was actually really inapropirate? Or how do you say it? "

Unless I promised one, I can not accept any more threads at the moment! I'm sorry.
ImageImage
S'Essy
Markus' advisor

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Overlored (1)

Postby Markus Andres on April 23rd, 2014, 6:45 pm

Feeling her head gently press against his shoulder as they walked was a pleasant feeling. The playful retort to his banter made him chuckle. Although he did not respond to her little quip. Felt it was necessary - to respond would only confirm what she had just said, almost no matter what he told her. The young squire chuckled again at the deal she offered him. No matter what, he was going to carry her, it seemed. But he did not mind the idea of having the beautiful woman in his arms. Made it easier to kiss her, just flex the arms and bring her a little closer - voilà.

"You just want to lie in my arms." The squire responded, as he looked away, his cheeks already burning red from their close proximity and her direct tone of voice. As if they had been together for half a season. To shield himself from looking places inappropriate. He did not want this girl to think he was a pig with only his mind on one thing. That his mind often ventured to that one thing, was a different matter. But he tried to keep those thoughts and leering eyes to himself.

"Syliras is a crowded place, is all I meant. Especially for someone my size."

He frowned a little when she called him Mark. He had never liked the shortened version of his name. Mark sounded like the thing you shot at with a bow. The thing an assassin had been hired to kill. He brushed aside the annoyance as S'Essy spoke of the isle of Mura. How peaceful it was. Markus felt a stab of jealousy. They did not even fight each other. Which to him meant they had no need to fight. Did they rely on others for protection, or had their race been blessed with a peaceful existence that Syliras fought and bled for each and every day?

"Yes. I can see how that could get annoying." Markus was only a squire, but he had lost friends. Even people his own age to bandits and the dangers of the woods. Squires, too young to be taken by the darkness of Rhysol. People he would never see again. Because the world was a dangerous place. He looked to her peaceful face against his shoulder. His annoyance disappeared like dew before the grace of Syna. The small genuine smile appeared again, replaced the soft frown. Her eyes raised to meet his and the smile widened a little. There was no need to hide his growing fondness for this woman. The squire did not expect what came next. His body had many simoultaneous reactions. His heart skipped a beat. His cheeks burned bright red as the blush became fierce. Heart recovered and begun to beat harder and faster in his chest. Eyes stared at her expressionless. His mind slowly recovered as her laughter echoed in his mind. A light-hearted laughter. It had merely been a joke.

But considering how hard Markus fought to keep his mind under control, she did not make it easy for him. Her laughter ended as she rubbed his arms. Muscles tense from the unexpected turn in the conversation. She apologized and Markus' mind caught the word she spoke incorrectly. Then he laughed. At her expense, unfortunately, but he couldn't not help himself. As tense he had become in the span of a few seconds, it was all released again. Freely. Eagerly. He pulled S'Essy closer to him as he laughed.

"Inappropriate." He spoke first in his Syliran accent. "Or inappropriate'" in a more coarse accent, one he often applied to Zeltiva. The tongue of his first thirteen years in the world. An accent he had painstakingly left behind and adopted the Syliran tongue instead. "And it was. It certainly was - let us wait with such... ideas until we reach the destination." Markus tried to dismiss this uncomfortable subject. He was not ready for it. All of his recovered regretted he had not pulled her close then and kissed her. Forced her to react to him. But he had been too stunned and he regretted that hesitation.

"Your race must live a blessed existence. Peace and gods watching over you." He slid his hand up her back and let it glide through her long free flowing hair. Beautiful woman in an alluring innocent way. Her words, not meant to make him feel shy, they just seemed to come naturally. They would soon make it to their destination. He knew this and he also knew he needed to keep to some sort of plan. If he could get the time to think of one. "If the kiss from the other day was your first..." Markus started but then he tensed up. Felt it awkward to ask her that question. "No... no, nothing. Just forget it."
Markus Andres
The OTK

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Overlored (1)

Postby S'Essy on April 23rd, 2014, 7:07 pm

"Perhaps I do want!"

She stated but also didn't smile when Markus responded to her thoughts of Mura. She didn't meant to offend him and she knew it was ideal for a lot people, and others would want a society like that as well. She didn't also hate Mura, it was just.. that place wasn't for her. "I'm... sorry" she muttered, felt a little awkward about it. "Great S'Essy, you could also tell him that you like bandits and murderers because they are not so peaceful!" she was blaming herself in her thoughts.

It was a relief and also more awkward for her when he laughed at her common. She had to learn it to speak it more fluently... she had to. Also the sudden pulling made her red even more. She was trying to say it after him. "Inapp...Inappro-priate. Inappropriate. Inappropriate." She was repeating it for many times to memorize it. Her smile however came back to her face. Not a wide smile, just a small one.

She didn't not like Mura because it was peaceful. She didn't like Mura because she couldn't meet too much people from other races. Like Markus. They were so different, they were like fresh air. And new adventures awaited for her. She had to leave Mura because others needed her somewhere else. And she needed someone else.

Markus's praising was sweet for her but also a little bit too much. They weren't THAT good afterall. But it was good to listen, she had to admit it. She immedieatly asked back about his unfinished question. She was too curious now. " Oh Please Ser! Please don't get so shy with this lady! Tell me even your weirdest questions! I know it's disturbing you that you don't know it. I promise you this lustful Konti won't tell your master." She winked.

ImageImage
S'Essy
Markus' advisor

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Overlored (1)

Postby Markus Andres on April 23rd, 2014, 10:46 pm

"You have nothing to apologize for, it is the way the gods determined the world should be." Markus attempted to brush aside her apology. It had annoyed him she would leave a paradise - especially one inhabited by women like her. He found the idea preposterous. Then again, he was male and to live on Mura surrounded by women at all times. Beautiful women. Him the only man around. It would be a good life. Though, as his gaze shifted to S'Essy, he was satisfied with what he had at the moment. Besides, it was odd for him to get annoyed that a woman had sought a more exciting life. Besides, if she had not, Markus might have bled out a couple of days ago. Before he got to Syliras to be healed. The irrational annoyance still lingered deep down. But it was soon masked behind a genuine smile. He found her cute when she repeated the word he had just pronounced correctly for her. Especially when he saw the happy smile appear on her lips. The simple joy that she had learnt something new.

Innocent was the right word. But on the other hand, it was also the wrong word. She was a hard woman to get a track on. Seemed bubbly and happy, down to earth. Then there were times where she prompted him for answers. Where the bubbly appearance suddenly gave way to a more, seductive side of her and the innocence gave way for a different S'Essy. Which had him doubt his original conclusion about the question he had been unable to ask her. He had a hard time not just blurting out the question, especially not when the adjective she used to describe herself was so suggestive.

Could she be so innocent she does not know the power of her words? Markus mused as his mouth began to move ahead of the mind.

"I mean... you... Are you?" Markus spoke, stumbling over the words. "You know." He took a deep breath to calm himself as her wonderful indigo eyes no doubt lingered upon him. He closed his own dark green orbs from the world. Working up the courage to ask her the simple question. How can it be so hard? I me- ohhh. A playful smile danced on his lips as the dark green orbs took in the light of the world again. His feet already stopped as he turned to face her fully. As the small idea had been planted in his head, he had something to work with, which brought some control to his emotions. She had teased him, unwittingly, perhaps, but teased none-the less. It was about time he returned the favour. She had said it herself, lustful. It was time to test that claim. A disarming smile appeared as he looked into the indigo. The idea - simplistic. The goal - unknown. He didn't need to know everything. The unknown was a powerful intoxication and provider of opportunities.

"You sure you want me to ask the question? Or would you rather I..." He paused as he leaned in closer, eyes leaving hers as he did, lips brushed along her jawline. Her taste lingered upon his lips as he neared her right ear. "Give you a kiss you will never forget?" His breath warmly against her exposed neck and ear as the seductive words was spoken in a hushed tone. His left hand brushed lightly against her other cheek. Tickling. Teasing. Tempting.
Markus Andres
The OTK

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Overlored (1)

Postby S'Essy on April 24th, 2014, 10:54 am

"Probably they did." She responded with a little sigh.

She really didn't get first what did he mean. But he was struggling how to ask. You know...What did she know? Then the suddent thoughts got her. Was she lustful? She couldn't anything else he could meants with this shy way of asking. She didn't know if she should answer right away or ask him to tell it more specifically what he wanted. As she was thinking and was struggling to answer this time, he got her again.

Tickling. Teasing. Tempting. These words described what was going on. He got her again by suprise. Everytime he could tease her back. Another kiss he wanted. She was wondering for how long now. His breath touched her neck like the last time. She enjoyed it. She stepped in front of him, letting his hand go and made them stop from going to the place he invited her to.

"We can't wait till we are there, can we? Let me give you one." Her arm went around his neck and pulled him down to her. She pressed her lips against his. How wonderful it was like her first kiss...and the second... and the third. She hardly took her lips away this time. But she had to, they still had to walk further and arrive there before night time.

Again she looked at those green eyes. Was she right to do it? "Don't spend it at once. And if you meant that what I'm thinking you did then no... you are kinda the first guy I got really close actually." She grabbed his hand and continued walking with him. Tried to change the topic."Oh.. I never asked, how old are you? I'm 29 before you ask!"
ImageImage
S'Essy
Markus' advisor

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Overlored (1)

Postby Markus Andres on April 26th, 2014, 12:28 pm

The small grin on his lips as she spoke, no, he could hardly wait 'til they got there. This close, her scent was intoxicating and his own playful whispers only added to the intimacy of the moment. She took the initiative - to his surprise he felt her arm go around his neck, the gentle pull. The curl of his lips as he realized what was going on. Her lips pressed against his. A pleasant surprise and it did alleviate him from asking that one question he couldn't push through his lips. He gave into her fully, feeling her soft lips. The scent. It had been days since they had last seen each other. These bells of walking. And finally their lips touched again. It was better than he had made it out to be in his mind. The times he had thought of their first kiss.

She broke the kiss and he slowly opened his eyes to see her indigo ones, precious moments like this was what made life worth the daily fight. Her words brought another curl to his lips. A desire to kiss her again. The playful tease, the innocence on her face that so contradicted her words. She quickly pushed on to the unasked question. She stumbled a little in her words. Markus, to his surprise, held his breath a little as she answered him. The warmth in his cheeks as they burned red again. He had not expected her to pick both options - or rather, reject his offers and take the initiative like that. But her words, sounded like she was still a virgin. Which, of course, sounded odd for someone as friendly and lovely as S'Essy. Had no guy went for her before? Or was he the only one who had been blessed in the world? He pushed those thoughts aside as S'Essy grabbed his hand and they resumed their walk - her changing of subject brought forth a simple chuckle. Appeared neither seemed comfortable on the subject. Markus looked at her a little astonished when she revealed she was in fact 29 years old. How could that make sense? She looked barely older than him. Was the Konti race also blessed with longevity?

"29? But you look barely twenty?" He gave her hand a small squeeze. "And I am 17." Markus was even more astonished by her revelation compared to her earlier answer. Almost thirty and he had never been with anyone. Perhaps Mura wasn't the utopia he had imagined it to be. I will have to remedy that. - The thought alone brought a small blush to his cheeks. He continued their walk in silence for several chimes, soon they would be there. He knew that, but he had not come from this angle before. The trees looked beautiful in the autumn as their leaves turned golden brown. Later they would be annoying, but for now, when they still clung to the trees, they were an amazing sight. Only outdone by the Konti woman to his right. He leaned in a little closer. He then could see a small white rock formation over the hill. Only the tip he could see. Yet it looked amazing.

He turned to S'Essy and smiled before he began to run. The backpack rustling with items and he pulled the lady with her in his excitement. To the top of the small hill they had been climbing in the past ten to twenty seconds. "We are here, S'Essy!" He said excited and with joy in his voice as his dark green took in the splendid sight of this odd place.
Markus Andres
The OTK

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Overlored (1)

Postby S'Essy on April 26th, 2014, 1:27 pm

"Thank you!" She flipped her hair a bit and then continue with a bigger smile. "Some says we never grow up." She was suprised by his age too. He was pretty young but she couldn't be bothered. It was the least important for her at the moment. She felt a bit awkward then. "Does it distu.. Not important!" she did the same as him. She shouldn't ask, she shouldn't worry about it. They were not even together that much.

Then the sudden grin on his face confused her bit. But his hand was holding hers tighter and all of the sudden he started to run. As he was pulling S'Essy nearly fell down to the ground. But she managed to keep up with him. She climbed up too and was excited to see the sight now, he was thrilled too now. They were there and when S'Essy finally reached there was shocked by the sight.

It was a lake, an odd one. There were white stones and the look of the lake was pretty strange. But these kinds of things gave it's beauty. She liked it. She really liked it and was glad. She could feel the water's waves through the winds. She would have jumped in right away. Her voice was louder and more excited. "That's Amazing, Markus! You Were Right!"

She was really irked to swim at that moment. But she slowed down. "Let's pack down... maybe I was right after all when I looked into your eyes." She teased him again although hugged him tight. "You know maybe it's bad, but I always listen to my instincts. So I easily get fond of somebody if I think I would like that person. And I made the right choice. It was worth to wait that much time for someone like you to have. I know it's weird that.. Okay I am talking too much again. Let's just enjoy ourselves." She was red a bit. She felt embarrassed that she started such a speech.
ImageImage
S'Essy
Markus' advisor

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Overlored (1)

Next