Closed Rousing Song

[Zandelia]

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A lawless town of anarchists, built on the ruins of an ancient mining city. [Lore]

Moderator: Morose

Rousing Song

Postby Fallon on April 28th, 2014, 10:04 pm

Fallon listened. Eyes grew wide in fascination, her mind trying to comprehend what the woman knew. Time, the existence of it she accepted, but the idea that it was governed by such a divine being was somewhat fascinating. Her head cocked to one side, her brow creasing slightly, "No one drunk speaks coherently. Even I probably fall into a slur and everything becomes a bit more... illegible. I... don't think about getting me drunk. I don't know what I'm like." She gave a snort, "Protohuman huh? True speakers of that... A mirror? Monks? Sounds like Nyka. Or at least the latter bit does." Lips were licked, an ease off of the expression, "Do you... think... maybe. One day, we can go and see it together?" She blinked and then blushed, "And you know... stuff. And practice before hand. My... Nader isn't that good. Poor even. Mockery, you would laugh."

Beneath the blanket she watched her toes wriggle, her chin lifting so she watched them flex. Lips pursed into a line, her expression hardly changing. The blush however continued, thickening as she looked ahead, and her lips continuing their pouting. She was far from convinced - the woman was a threat, end of. And so with a huff she spoke, "I'm not jealous! Okay. A little. Don't laugh." Her eyes flickered to Zandelia when the hand stroke upon her shoulder. Her head sagged, a long exhale in defeat, and the expression turned to that of sombre. And it continued to turn so when the woman admitted that even she did not know the answer.

Skin crawled, that nagging feeling of being trapped within the walls. She barely had begun recovery and she was already thinking on escaping. To feel the fresh air, the hum of the city, to be around the bodies and sounds. Alive and living. But no, instead she had to stay put and recover - less things were at risk of growing worse. For a while she simply sat there, thumbs twiddling, an almost shunning to what was being said. She wanted to see things for herself, to do the work and piece it together instead of simply being told. There was only a glance to the books as Zandelia produced them; one of mathematics - by some unknown name scrawled faintly on the cover - and then a more myth orientated book - Ordreck and Oldsten. Things that she knew nothing of.

"The mathematics," she paused, "That one was for you, remember? I... would only struggle in its learning." An attempt at a smile, she tried to spur the conversation to a lighter topic where possible, but found it slipping and lacking instead. Weak, she knew she was - just like then. Incapable of defending herself and fighting back. How long would it be before they were set upon again? That was a worrying factor - she knew she was in no state to defend, let alone fight back, "Yes. The past, the reminders... need to learn them. Not make the same mistakes again."

Nodding she let her gaze rest once more onto the kukri. She winced for a moment, the memory making itself known in her mind. There was an element of discomfort, a sharp pain that existed there but was quickly pushed down and under control. Clearing her throat she spoke, "It was my mentor. Aleric Skylar. He taught me a lot, showed me life when I thought there was none. Gave me hope. A focus. A chance. Petch, I even take my last name from him," fingers rose, shaky to lie across her eyes, "Turned me from a nobody to a something. I... owe him so much and this, this is all I can do. Once a year, in the Spring. Is it... strange?" Shaking her head, she refused to allow her eyes make contact, "Thank you."

Enough, no more needed to be said on the subject. In the attempt to lighten up the mood she spoke, "But. If I warn you that will ruin all the fun. I think you like it when I surprise you. Maybe. I will keep my blades away though," she paused at that point, her lips turning up into a curl, "You're a screamer eh? I'd have to see it to believe it." There was a chuckle, followed by a fluster of sharp, wincing coughs. For a while she continued, hand upon her side, teeth trying to grit as she sucked in the pain, "Hate this."

When it came to the Scars, she simply shot the woman a look, "You? In charge?" she cocked a brow, "If you say so. Practice might be good, see which ones have the discipline to try and train themselves before hand. Commitment if you will. It would also keep them busy. More if there is an incentive to win. I will have to think of a good prize... will you partake too?" The stern expression eased, a slight purr forming at the back of her voice, "Or will you be saving yourself for a more personal reward?"

"Yes. Important and cheeky. Well... to some it might be cheeky. But, it certainly is important." Peeling away the hand she looked within the eye, searching and looking to see if the woman understood what she was looking for. A clue to whether or not it was the same thing. The gaze softened, the pulse quickened despite her attempts to resist it doing so, but for the most part she held it and spoke in those gentle, rolling tones, "It is important. And yes, the right moment is vital. You will know, as will I, when that time comes. For the questions and answers will come together." Her heart gave a flutter, the cheeks once more finding that pink blush, "Until then... I will leave it in your capable hands."
FALLON
Fallon | Coffee Codes | Skill Images

Fallon is a Master of Intimidation, "At this level, a Master intimidator often unconsciously intimidates their target unless the intimidator monitors their stance, tone, and actions to prevent this. Master intimidators will nearly always have a reputation that precedes them unless they have taken special care to prevent it."
Fallon
The Red Wolf

Words: 2242110
Joined roleplay: January 21st, 2013, 4:24 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 9
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Artist (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Rousing Song

Postby Zandelia on April 29th, 2014, 12:51 am

The considered the request, the suggestion that they visit Nyka and experience its unique curiosities together in the future. It was an attractive concept, it was a beautiful city and though brutal at times was possessed of peace enough to be soothing. She had certainly enjoyed her time there, though she had still tried to practice her craft. Darker memories lingered for her within those streets, the bridges and the Aperture but they would fade with time. Time enough perhaps that visiting it once more wouldn’t be overly painful. She still didn’t know what had become of Ana or Ximal. Their absence had left a hole that she had tried to fill but they were unique individuals and she hoped that one day she would see them again. A faint hope but still alive somewhere deep within.

“We could go, though what you would see I am not sure. It is said that each user sees something different. I didn’t have the chance to ask, they were protective of the relic. But yes, it was in Nyka. They don’t like outsiders but they can be persuaded with enough effort. Who knows, could be a decent place to holiday. It was peaceful, after a fashion. At times” she made the offer, she wasn’t sure it would ever be taken up but she had no argument against it.

“Still, we have enough to keep us busy here for a while I think. I wouldn’t know how to learn it more than I already know, Nader, but if you have a way I’ll join in the learning. It would be useful to know a language others do not. Very useful,” she smiled at that, she had thought for some time that it could be used for encoding messages but had had none to actually share them with.

“And I don’t need to get you drunk” she shrugged, accepting the advice and letting it slide into her mind, she knew what lurked beneath and was in no hurry to see it unleashed through foolishness.

She kept her face carefully neutral as she watched the war rage within, it played out all too clearly upon the body. The fidget of thumbs, the tilting of toes and the expression that spoke of a hated resignation. The blushing, the hard words that she chose to ignore but would take heed of. She didn’t wish to give rise to an argument over something that was merely an interesting amusement. She felt, given the body language presenting itself, that there would be enough strained moments as the recovery progressed. There was barely a glance at the books, the giving over of one back to her - she had hoped for more but she let it go, smothering the disappointment at the lack of reaction.

The next subject was far more depressive than she thought appropriate for her wellbeing but there was little that she could do about it. Dates loomed large for some and he was clearly important to her as was quietly, softly explained. There was a depth to the words that she hadn’t expected, she owed him a great debt indeed and it must have been painful to carry on without him.

“Skylar,” the confirmation came of the words she had read before, had stolen and now felt immeasurably guilty about. She would tell Fallon one day, not now but soon enough, “well if it is that important to you then I will help. I suppose he was the one who taught you your ability? And I don’t think it strange at all, it sounds familiar actually” she murmured slowly and looking pointedly, wondering how to drag things back to happier moments, thoughts, ideas. She smiled mischievously. She grabbed the book on mathematics.

“Yes, I do need practice after all. I wonder if it’s strange that I can’t count with numbers but can count with coins? A key, perhaps, to its depths. Or…I could use your methods,” she tried for an overly serious face, brow furrowing as she stroked the spine, peered theatrically at the words there and then opened it to burrow her nose into the paper, “like that?” she peered from over the top of the book, seeking humor to relieve, before closing it with a snap and placing it upon the table beside her.

“And fine, do not warn me and you can watch me flail about. Amusing, no doubt, as it will be. I will be sure to wear my armor” she raised her eyebrow in the challenge, “and tell you what. If you can make me then I shall think of a reward. Now I know you mean to surprise I shall prepare. Hmmm” she would have winked had she had two eye but settled for a twinkling of the emerald in the growing starlight filtering through the shutters.

“Not fight? And lose the chance to prove myself your champion. Oh no I think not! I can save myself enough for other things whilst still being able to kick them around a bit. Need to assert some…what was it? Dominance. Yes…in many things” she sipped her ale once more and gazed warmly over the rim.

The pain and the coughing, she winced at both and vowed to find something to ease both of them. There must be herbs somewhere, something for soothing. She knew nothing about such crafts but she knew one who might, perhaps others. She would try it upon herself first, of course, to make sure it wasn’t harmful but she would find something. The shifting of the hand from the side and the faint look of the rascal, red cheeked and glowing. Her fingers slipped forwards to feel at the wrist, seeking confirmation of the ideas flickering at what the answer could be. Weaker than before but still steady, growing faster as the eyes searched her own. She nodded thoughtfully, tilting her head - the woman still had such affirmations. She wiggled her fingers in the air once and then shifted to sit upon the edge of the bed, the chair was beginning to numb in its hardness.

“There, much better,” she sighed in appreciation of a softer perch, “you know I had almost forgotten what a bed felt like? Don’t worry I won’t bounce on it…much” she grinned, “you know I think I have my own puzzle for you. You once asked me a question like to my own. I gave a half-answer, then a full answer. That answer is now not sufficient. When you can complete it on my behalf then I will answer your puzzle in return. Games…fun indeed” she patted the forearm closest to her gently.

“But…Yak-yomi Kasat,” she frowned, wondering if the words were right, she was not sure but hoped the meaning got across, “there, now you now how bad I am. Don’t you dare laugh” she flashed her gaze down and to the side at Fallon.

“Djas…Nader…Isikat?” she tested the words, feeling them out within her memory and trying to piece them together, probably butchering them terribly.

“And that’s my practice for the day done,” she crossed her arms with a pout and then realized why she had refrained from doing that so consciously and stopped herself before the pain could flare, “still…a start perhaps. Something fun for us to do, a way of speaking without others knowing. Think of the teasing” she shook her head slowly.

“Anyway, it’s getting dark and a fire is needed I think. Whilst I make it feel free to practice your own, we may need it one day. Or you can mock me for butchering it. Either way I’m getting damned cold” she shivered, “save this spot” she stated before she readied herself and pushed upwards.

It would take a while to get the fore going, crouching was difficult and so she painfully descended to her knees and set about the methodology. She had repeated it so many times, years ago now, that it might as well have been like breathing. She would keep the room as warm as she could for Fallon, the chill was a dangerous beast at the best of times let alone when you were injured. The shutters were closed but that was only half of the battle. Orvin padded over expectantly, he knew what was going to happen and even he forgot resentment when he knew he was about to get a fire to snore next to.

“So, I was thinking, when we could travel bit farther, that you could show me how to survive the wilderness. Get out of the city for a few days perhaps, leave it all behind. I know you don’t like being cooped up. Restrained. Thoughts?” she asked as she gathered the ingredients required.

“It would give us some time alone too, with Orvin of course…silly hound” he looked at her a snorted, “yes yes! You can wait, you have fur you know. But anyway, something to think about. For when the time is…right” she suggested, glad that Fallon couldn’t see her face.

“Unless you can think of something better? I can be trying company after all. Practically murder” she deadpanned the last words and refused tolook around to see the reaction to her morbid jest.
Zandelia
I Aim To Misbehave

Words: 1798131
Joined roleplay: September 23rd, 2011, 12:35 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
2011 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Rousing Song

Postby Fallon on April 29th, 2014, 12:15 pm

"Peaceful in comparison to Sunberth. And a lot cleaner. I would like to go," her brow creased slightly as she thought. She knew there were cities all about, Nyka with its Monks, Zeltiva with its education and waveguard, Syliras with its knights and even Ravok with its illusive beauty. Sunberth had its reputation, a city of violence and anarchy. But, it did not mean it was impossible to use and build up off. A lawless state could still have structure - it was just ensuring it would stand that would be the hard part, "But I would also like to go back to Zeltiva. Eventually. Or Mura. That was nice..." She grew distant for a moment, the ticking over of distant places within her mind before she returned to the present.

"We need to get hold of a book in Nader-Canoch I believe. Or at least have a list of words with translations. From there we can try to work out how to structure it and pronounce. Or, we can just sell our souls to Sahova," Her eyes slid to Zandelia, firm yet with that element of fear hovering there, "I'd rather not do that." No more of that, the mood was sour enough as it was. Even as it brushed onto the mentioning once more of her mentor, "Yes. He taught me my ability. And trained me in it for years. Also helped in my establishing of my languages and how to swing a kukri about... So much." She gave a smirk at that point, "Maybe, one day. I will have my own to teach like him. But, until then I have a lot I need to do first."

There was a snort when Zandelia began her mockery, her lips rising up into a curl and a low chuckle escaping. "You're doing it wrong," Fallon chirped, "Your fingers need to at least be smothered in black ink. And then, you need to blow your nose on the page." There was a wink, mischief beginning its crawl back into her features, the schemes and plans turning around. She could probably jump the woman with projection, terrorise and leave her unaware. Or, she could simply do some other more inappropriate schemes - play dead upon the floor and other amusing jokes, "I can assure you. You won't be wearing your armour by the time I'm done with surprising you." A tease, an exhale, "What sort of reward you thinking anyway?"

She cocked a brow, "Well. I think you have already proved yourself enough as my champion... but if you wish to show it to the rest of the world by all means do so. And dominance? Well..." Fallon pushed herself up slightly at that point, her eyes looking the woman up and down, "Now is as good as time as any to start. Though, I would like to see you try with me." There was the slightest of shivers when Zandelia took her wrist - she knew what the woman was doing, looking for an idea to the machinations of her mind. Lips parted, eyes blinked, the cheeks grew healthier in hue - she had to behave herself, more so now the woman knew what was going through her mind. Clearing her throat, she gave a quick glance to the fingers, and then once more attentive to the emerald orb.

There was a slight shuffle to the side when Zandelia perched on the edge of the bed. An attempt to make more room for the woman to be comfortable. A wriggle, an attempt of movement followed by a trying to get comfortable once more. She gave a mumble, resisting the urge to wince as her arms complained, "Only almost? Maybe I should get you into one more often then. You enjoying yourself there?" she nodded to the grin, a chew of her lip as she carefully thought, "Only think? Very well. I shall play your game and solve your puzzle... or try to." She thought for a moment, a purse of lips as she thought. She had her feelings, that gut back to that night where she begun to assist the woman and the bonds began to form. A hum, lids narrowed as she thought. Those questions, those teases, stolen glances and ideas. And how she was much more of a fool back then.

"Yak... Yomi Kasat?" She paused for thought, lips twitching as she tried to grasp what the woman was on about, "Yak... um... bend? Yellow? No. Something else," her thumb and forefinger rubbed together, fiddling in the air as she thought before breaking into a definite collection of taps, dissecting and pulling it apart, "Kasat? No... from Kasai, to hope?" Her head cocked to one side, "Not yellow, gold. Precious!" There was an announcement then a clap of a hand over her mouth as she realised the volume, "Bend precious hope? Sorry, this is... hard for me." There was a squirm on the spot as she focused herself once more, this time to the second wave of the old tongue, "Nader I know, it means we, what we share," her scars twitched angrily, the prickling of that old carving upon her back. There was a shudder, her mind reminding herself of what it meant.

She watched the woman move around the room regardless, a slow translation gradually being worked through, "Isikat... from Isikai... To trust. Belief? Or... faith? Faith. Djas. Self." She drew in the air, her mind slowly bringing it all together if not for a slight questioning tone, "I have faith in what precious hope we share? But where does the bend come in...?" She shook her head, laughed and then brought herself down to focus once more. Her words selected carefully and escaping in low tones, "I am probably way out there. And... I would like to learn more indeed. But... in response I have this, my own language butchering. Maybe. Nader Korad Vaknui Pechitl?"

Moving on the spot she continued a slide over to the edge, a gentle work out now that Zandelia had moved to make more space, readying the spot for the woman to return to as requested. From there she simply pushed herself up onto her elbows to observe, a tug upon the pillows as they to were spread across. Orvin paced towards it, eyes blinking, and then looking expectantly upon his master. She gave a shrug, "Soon. Soon boy. Travel? I... would love to. I mean, when able," she let herself lie back down, her lips twitching as she thought. The mind was alert now, but the body was far from able to allow her to do things, "I could... I would like to. Could teach you how to ride... I mean. Animal. Horses. Maybe. I'm not sure if you can do the other sort though. You do seem to be a bit of talk on that factor." Lips curled, eyes bright, "Yes. I would like to. A lot. And no. I can't think of anything better." She gave a snort, "I wouldn't quite say murder... not yet at least. Have to try a lot harder for that." She gave a stretch, her eyes looking up to the ceiling once more with thought, "Are you... feeling the urge to travel already?"
FALLON

Fallon is a Master of Intimidation, "At this level, a Master intimidator often unconsciously intimidates their target unless the intimidator monitors their stance, tone, and actions to prevent this. Master intimidators will nearly always have a reputation that precedes them unless they have taken special care to prevent it."
Fallon
The Red Wolf

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Artist (1) Overlored (1)

Rousing Song

Postby Zandelia on April 29th, 2014, 11:28 pm

“Mura…the isle of healing?” she asked from her uncomfortable position before the hearth, words slightly strained with the movements, “I was told of it once. Never managed to get there though. Things…shoved themselves in the way. Had hoped to get the eye healed, though whether it would’ve been…” she shrugged bodily, she had let that burden go so long ago now it was pointless revisiting it.

She had decided not to mention to Fallon that she remembered the shared past, so many years spent surviving together and culminating in helping to free her. It would raise too many questions, specters of occurrences that wouldn’t do well to dwell upon. She had lost her eye in the exchange and though she had promised to tell the story she doubted she would ever be wholly truthful upon it now. She remembered but the other seemed quite content to forget, to bury it deeply. She would allow it, it was probably the wisest thing to do. She grunted slightly as she finished piling the dried leaves and leftover rags at the heart of the heath and paused to catch her breath. Her arms hurt abominably but press on she would, after a breather.

“I think,” she turned her head to look over her shoulder then a little, “that I have sold myself enough for one lifetime. You are tricky and I am resourceful, we will figure something out I’m sure. As to Aleric…a fine man. My own mentor was far from a good one, as it turned out. Still, must have learnt something. When you do choose, make sure it’s someone you trust” she waved her finger idly as she returned back to her work, focus shifting again. She tasted the bitterness at the title, Grubber had been no mentor. Merely another avenue of usury.

She began to build the small cone of inter-lacing twigs the would form the heart of the burning, it was a slow and methodical task and as such ideally suited to shift her mind from the more shadowed aspects of the past, the last few days and simply exist in the moment. Conversing, stacking, leaning and enjoying time for once despite the pangs in her flesh. S faint smile hidden from the other, the small redness of the cheeks as she experienced the mischievousness of the words that had been spoken. She sighed deeply, pausing and looking up at the ceiling for a few ticks.

“Fallon, by the time you’re done with what schemes are within your head, and I’m sure I don’t know what they are, I severely doubt I would have much dignity left. As to the starting, I already have. I dressed you, with what I liked. Next I’ll braid your hair and then I’ll start getting you to dance in a tavern hall to a lute. Just you wait and see if I don’t lead you then” she promised with an affectionate snort. Orvin whined and she pointed at him until he stopped, with a slight growling.

“You forget too that I already have control of the blood” she chuckled as she finished the cone before letting out a small hiss that echoed in the stone cavern of the fireplace, she had felt a few of the wounds open slightly, cracking and beginning to leak.

“Well…shows how useless my skills are. I meant to say Sunshine looks forwards to it and that I have faith in what we share. Practice indeed…Yak-yomi was supposed to be ‘yellow circle‘” she pursed her lips as fingers fumbled with the flints needed to try to garner sparking life to the dry wood shavings before her.

Then came the words spoken in response as she shuffled deeper into the hearth and closer to the wood, as close as she dared to get. She was far from healthily mobile and she didn’t want to open any more wounds. She needed them to heal as quickly as possible and that meant being careful. She didn’t want to get caught unable to defend them in this small room. She turned them over in her mind as she mumble to herself, the words flickering and what few meanings she knew trying to make sense of them. The last one finally slipped through her mental fog and her head came up to smack into the stone above. She cursed and rubbed the back of her head, dazed and blushing furiously - thankful of the fact Fallon couldn’t see her face. She gathered up the flint once more and shook her head, she couldn’t mean that. Not now, was she mad?

No…must be another meaning. Yes…meaning. What do I know? What did Gregor say, how did he speak? she asked herself silently as she began to strike sparks and try to direct them where they were needed through shaking fingers.

“Nader…well we know that one,” she spoke slowly, feeling out the words, “Korad…Korad…rope? No, not unless…well no. Bind? Bind. Bound?” she continued to muse, mind wandering back to that last word without meaning to, hands paused in their working and with a start returned to the work, “Vaknui…I know that one! Fire, warm!” she exclaimed as the flames finally took hold with apt timing.

She leant forwards and breathed, deep gentle in the attempt to kindle. The flames licked the wood higher, another breath and life was stabilized. She let it consume for a while and smile, she hoped that she was right. It was such a nice thing to say. She pulled al log tiredly and placed it into the flames gently to be consumed, in time. She leant backwards and warmed her hands a little, rubbing them together and feeling the heat rise ever so slowly. She pushed herself away with another hiss and up to her feet slowly. She patted her arms to ease them and help stop what little bleeding had begun.

“We share a warm bond?” she asked tentatively, a lick of the lips, “nice words. True. Though that is but one meaning” she trailed off as she made her way to the bed once again and sat upon it’s edge, gently pushing Fallon back a bit.

“Well at least my company isn’t so bad hmm? And no, I don’t feel the need to travel yet, I don’t do well with it. You do though and so I’d do it for you. Much better than spending time with your itchy feet and sullen mood because of it,” she noted teasingly, “and yes. Teach me more things. I can ride, a little but not properly probably. And if I am all talk then I am afraid that I should give up such things for the shame” she leant down and reached out absently to try to fuss Orvin but her fingers stopped, remembering the tense bond they shared and retreated once more.

“Now budge up, there’s plenty of room for me to lie down for a while before I go back to the door and guard. Come on, you’re not that weak and I’ve slept on the floor for too long,” she let herself down gently, shoulders brushing Fallon’s with a slight wince.

“I don’t know anymore wolf, I’d like to go other places. Places I haven’t seen. But you gave me the idea to change the world and then, later, I found the desire to do it for other things. If I traveled then how could I do that? I had thought Sunberth to be my last great effort at being a success. For once. Who knows? Perhaps I could do it elsewhere. you’re the authority on that I feel”

Fingers fidgeted with themselves as the pillow propped up her head, the first comfortable bit of bedding beyond the tent that was now burnt to a cinder. She would ask about that eventaully but not now.

“Why? Are you thinking of leaving Sunberth? For good?” it was the only question she had left.
Zandelia
I Aim To Misbehave

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

Rousing Song

Postby Fallon on April 30th, 2014, 1:52 am

"Correct. I went there a few times, twice with Aleric then the last some few years ago," there was a hum as she remembered the island, "We used to arrive in the autumn, and not leave again until the breaking of summer. So quiet. Peaceful. I didn't have to worry about anything ever. Well. Most of the time," a chuckle, the curling of lips as she let those flickering moments of simpler times fill her mind, "I sort of had to learn how to swim whilst there. There's a lot of water and potential places to drown over there. Maybe... one day we can go? One last adventure to see the world?" And then she let out a teasing tone, "Or are you too old for such endevors?"

In honesty, Fallon had yet to truly make the connection between the two. Memories here and there would flicker, scenes seeping their way through the cracks - but it was for her own sanity that she did not pry upon them. To do so would only release the internal pains and wounds to be opened once more. And so, whenever such things came to brush upon her consciousness she simply brushed them aside - fearful that the past would eventually catch up with her. She sighed, "I will, I will... what fool do you take me for? Never know, I might run them by you first. See if you see them as competition."

There was a furious blush, her lips pursing into a line. She looked a bit torn between the words of Zandelia, on one side the idea that the woman was going to do - care and look after - but the other left her slightly apprehensive. Eyes narrowed down, a look of pondering upon her face, "But... my hair isn't long enough for braiding. And dancing? I have two left feet Sunshine... yet... if you insist. There are two conditions," Her hand raised up, the digits revealing themselves, "Firstly, no dresses. I hate dresses. With passion. So... petching... uncomfortable. Secondly, no pink. I don't like it." She shuddered at the very thought of such an ordeal, and swiftly moved on.

"We'll get better in time," she managed to make a sheepish grin, "We just have to practice a lot mo-" the voice quickly turned to exclamation when Zandelia smacked her head against the stone. She even struggled to push herself up and felt the wounds strain in response, "Gods! Are you alright? I... your head?" Wincing, she listened to the woman as she recovered and felt the words out. She gave a blink, admiration for the one who was obviously more confident in the use of other languages. There was a smile, followed by a blush and the same twiddling once more of fingers and thumbs, "Yes. That's right. But... other meaning?" Her head cocked to one side at that point, a moment of contemplation and then a shake of the head, "I don't know the other meaning."

Eyes followed her, attentive and sharp as she took her in. She continued her shuffling over to make space, her ears twitching as she simply watched. Brightness, a sharp intensity as shoulders brushed. She felt the throbbing warmth from the other, that pleasant feeling of closeness. And it was perhaps because of that that a dopey smile and set itself upon her face. Happy, calm, even if within a slight state of discomfort. There was nothing to worry about - that was what her heart told her. The worst of the storm had passed, and now they were left to rest and recover for the next approaching adventure. Exhaling, she let her gaze drift up to the woman.

"Then I shall teach you. When better of course," She gave a nod, the fingers of her left hand snaking their way across to find the woman's. Which was easily done in the cramp space of the bed. A gentle lacing, a squeeze to make her presence known - she was not sure if either of them could cope for a full on embrace at present, "About the gods I know of, of the things I see. Of blades and shields, of..." she caught herself for a moment. No she could not just give everything away, even she knew that was not possible, "Well... you get the idea." She turned her head to Zandelia, a blink as she thought behind that smile, "You don't have to be in one place to make changes. Sometimes, it is the little things that spur off the big. Like a snowball on a mountain. It keeps on rolling and picking up speed until it reaches the bottom. It just... happens to start off small."
"You comfy there? You want some blanket?" she breathed before she continued on with her words, "I don't know. Sunberth will be a daunting task. I fear... that after our little escapade we have become noticeable among the people. We need to be careful, and even I don't know how long it will be before things turn sour for us. But..." She nodded firmly, "It feels right to stay for now. I gave my plans, my ideas and thoughts, I am going to sure as anything at least try to put them into action." Energy thrummed within her, strong and definite despite her current state, "Sunberth deserves the chance to change. To improve. And I will offer it. But... if they chase me out and want my head before that then I will have no choice."

She let her head press against the pillow, her limbs registering the growing warmth of the room and the crackling fire within the fireplace, "I never leave places for good. I have a bad habit of turning back up at them eventually. No... I will leave Sunberth when the time is right to. You'll know, you'll feel the wind change and the whispers of the road call once more. And my itchy feet will not be able to resist it." She exhaled, "But, who knows when that will happen. Could be in years, or it could be tomorrow. T'is the life of the vagabond. Your home is what you can carry upon your back and your horse. Maybe... one day I will settle down properly though. One day."
FALLON

Fallon
The Red Wolf

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Artist (1) Overlored (1)

Rousing Song

Postby Zandelia on April 30th, 2014, 10:40 am

“I’m fine wolf, you need the covers more than I do. I’m almost healed, give it a few more days and even the cuts will begin to fade. No, keep them. I’ll just…rest here for a while. It’s been a long few days” she spoke softly as she closed her eye and enjoyed the softness, the warmth and the brushing.

She smiled softly at the questions, curious and teasing but possessed of a seriousness at their core. The words were ones obviously thought about quite often if never vocalized outright but they had been hinted at before in small ways, little links that helped build up the picture of who Fallon was. She shrugged her shoulders into the bed and sighed - it was far too comfortable for her own good and she could feel it trying to drag her into slumber. She refused for now, she had to stand watch until the other was strong enough. Wasted sleep was nothing to her in comparison to the safety. She breathed deeply through her nose, out through slightly parted lips.

“Sounds wonderful, though I can’t swim much. Mura. I am old indeed, though you don’t seem to think it so. Perhaps I will go there to spend the last of my years, whenever they are. Doesn’t sound like a bad place to sit and reflect upon my life. One day” she replied slowly, considering the journey seriously now.

She chuckled at the list, so quickly given in response to the suggested acts of leading and she felt the hand come up and the elbow shift slightly as she presumed that the counting was being done. She couldn’t see for the eyelid but she fancied there would be a blush. There always was when such conversations were taken up. It was strange really, they had already shared something far more blush-worthy and yet the red cheeks came all the same. She was beginning to think they were both becoming adolescents but then things were still new, dangerously enjoyable.

“Well the hair will grow and alas…no dresses. Or pink. Shame, it would be gorgeous. But no, I may have just been saying that to throw you off, no? Schemer becomes the schemed upon. You’ll find out soon enough. For now you are safe, take heart from that” she felt the fingers, squeezed in return and left them entwined. A simple expression.

“The other meaning is something you will have to figure out for yourself, not now. Later. Perhaps I will use your own words in the form of a question when we are better. In Nader, as far as I was told, words have multiple meanings and I don’t know them all. Whatever we say could be taken dozens of ways for all I know” she shrugged and gave a flicker of a smile. There would be time enough alter for the other meanings.

She was taking up too much space she knew, the bedding lulling her all too easily. She had to stay awake, keep alert before she truly did drift off into slumber and ruin both the moments shared and the safety of the watching. She grunted and gave a slight hiss as she shifted onto her side to face Fallon, cuts upon her arm speaking to her in their own physical language. She looked across, he’d upon the pillow and vision slightly blocked.

“There, you get more space,” she stated simply, “I’ll look forwards to learning more of you and what you know then. Just don’t make it all at once or I’ll end up falling over from the weight in my head. And if they reject you then they deserve to wallow in squalor. They’ll have to get through me first anyway” certainty was found within that promise, “perhaps you are right. Little changes, often, everywhere. Something to think about but I have no answers. I do not think they will come quickly. Not evne sure I’m the same as before, better or worse. We will see” she sighed, turning the rest of the words inside her head.

The speaking of traveling she had simply nodded to, she knew how Fallon was at least that much. Had been informed quite bluntly a few times at the least. There was no use seeking to change her and she didn’t feel the need to. She wasn’t sure what would happen but perhaps she would follow. She would come to that crossroads eventually and she couldn’t predict what state she would be in at that time - as said it could have been any time at all. It was best to let things unfold as they were meant to, galling as it seemed to her. The warmer air began to ease the muscles of her back, she needed a damned steam again but not yet…perhaps not for a while. Then the words of before, of the mentoring, slipped back to her and she levered herself up with a thoughtful look between the winces.

“Wait…competition? For you? Oh they would have to fight very hard but that wasn’t what you meant…or was it? You aren’t a fool, far from it but…you want to teach me? Not dangerous enough for you hmm?” her lips curled, “or do you just seek to make me jealous? Oh wolf, you have no idea what would happen if I was” she tilted her head.

It was a curious half-proposition, possible suggestion. She could not say that she wasn’t intrigued, curious. She liked to know new things, to learn them and anything as useful as Projection was always sought out but she hadn’t thought to be taught in it. She was probably misreading the situation but she couldn’t help but ask the question, it was too tantalizing. Fingers of her left hand drummed a gentle beat upon the other’s elbow. She tried to read the gaze but couldn’t. She merely awaited the answer.

“At any rate, I will travel with you if you would have me. If I still live whenever it happens. And I plan to keep living for a while, I quite like it. Still, give me some warning at least so that I can try not to be as inept as I usually am”
Zandelia
I Aim To Misbehave

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

Rousing Song

Postby Fallon on April 30th, 2014, 10:55 pm

It was gently that Fallon reached her head round. As the woman shifted onto her side, the fingers still laced and interlinked in their simplicity. A small smile, the eyes watching the woman's own grow heavy, the slowing breaths and the pressing of slumber upon her expression. The hand gently rose, the smallest of touches that ran from the forehead down to the lips and then paused. From there she simply exhaled through the discomfort of her chest. Eyes gave a blink, a gentle reaching across of the arm once more, a careful test and touch as she made her study.

"Safe for now," she breathed, "Until you unleash your dastardly plan upon me. I look forward to it." She let the reach follow the form down, fingers barely touching from the shoulder and the curves, before resting upon the hip - comfortable obviously in its new found position. And it was there it would rest, the fingers gently flexing and rubbing upon the side, "No, no dresses. I may wear a suit for you though. Black tie and a jacket... male clothes are comfier. I cannot help preference," she gave a shrug, "But... for now you have thrown me off. Enjoy it whilst you can."

She cocked an eyebrow, ignorant as to what the woman was actually going on about, "Then... I shall wait for your own use of those words as and when the need arises. Like... on quite a few things really." She narrowed her eyes down in teasing, "Like all these questions and answers that we're waiting on for the right moment." A dart of the tongue as she let her body stretch out upon the bed. There was a clink, a wince and a moan as the body rebelled and then once more relaxed, "I bet you will. And of course I will be small with my educating... but I must ask what will I learn back?" Her eyes blinked, a stifled yawn before she leaned her head in to nuzzle at the woman. Hot breath upon the skin, the scent of her hair existing there for a moment before once more she pulled away, "We shall see indeed. Time, our greatest foe, will reveal that one."

And then the woman began to move. For a moment she simply looked up to her, the neutral expression revealing nothing. So, she had her own thoughts upon the idea of Fallon taking on a student. Or a mixture of several ideas coming to fruit within her mind. Although the idea of teaching Zandelia was appealing, there was a reluctance to also. She needed to understand the mentality more before she allowed her into such schools. Auristics was one thing, but projection required an entirely different way of thinking.

"Yes. Maybe. Competition for my attention, yes," there was a devilish grin, followed by a flare of amusement, "I will let you muse upon what exactly I mean..." She contemplated teasing the woman for a moment, her hand was certainly within reach to do such, and her tongue was more than capable at putting thoughts into her head, "I would like to see you jealous... may do you some good. But who knows..." And then she proposed the question with a tilt of the head.

For a while Fallon simply held the stare. The mischief once more fell away, replacing itself with neutrality and learning. She lifted her chin in challenge, eyes sharpening as the tone grew serious, "Do I want to teach you? Well. There are several possible answers to that. But in response I must ask, do you think yourself a suitable candidate for such learning? One who knows the nature of magic? Or even have the willpower yourself to pull it off and maintain respect for it?" She held it, "Those are questions you yourself can only answer, and honestly at that." Easing off she moved onto the next lesson, "I will tell you one thing though that you will be able to do with your present school." A playful tap upon the nose, the eyes softening as she did, "An aurist can see a projectionist at work."

Her eyes slid down to the gentle drumming fingers, the eye looking to understand what was going on behind her face. Her heart lifted when Zandelia spoke of travelling alongside her, lips breaking into a true smile of joy at the prospect.

"Sunshine," she brought herself up and closer. For a moment the arm trembled beneath the weight, and then found strength. Pressing herself up, she set her other arm to slide its way properly over the woman next to her. The curl of the lips, the gentle lean down to place a kiss upon her forehead, then the cheek and finally the lips. From there she breathed, the joyful tones within her voice, "I would always have you. Come rain or sun, or for however long you wish. I will not keep you trapped to me, I do not believe in caging. But if you wish to take my hand and travel alongside, then I will hold onto it until you wish to no more." She brushed her forehead, the smooth, rolling tones escaping as her better arm continued its wrap around. From there she simply pulled the woman close, a chase of intimacy and a closeness without causing too much harm. Her head gave a burrow into her neck, a brush of lips as she stayed there for a moment, "Please... rest with me for a little while. I... would like to do that. And you... you are tired."

From there, she simply released her and reclined back once more across the bed and looked for the reaction, "Please?"
FALLON

Fallon
The Red Wolf

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Artist (1) Overlored (1)

Rousing Song

Postby Zandelia on May 1st, 2014, 12:46 am

“Whilst I can?” she raised her eyebrow slightly, feeling the hand slip downwards and coming to rest upon the most unlikely of places, a sign perhaps of how far they had come and how much of a bond had been forged despite the suffering, or because of them perhaps, “you think that it will end? I’m not sure whether to be proud of your strength or shocked at the underestimation” she stated dryly, meeting the gaze firmly.

“A suit would be…interesting. I’d advise that you don’t walk the city in one though, people have a tendency to mistake class with vulnerability and I’ve had quite enough of fighting for now thank you very much. Preference, yes, cannot help. Me either” she stifled a yawn, the meaning of the words left to the other.

Things were becoming blurred now, the realm between the awakened mind and that of slumber creeping ever closer as the soft words entered her ears and the pillows woe the magic that was unique to their nature. How long had it been? How many Bells upon the hard wooden floor in the search for safety. She knew that she should return, should lay by the door once more but it was hard…so hard. Surely Orvin could watch them both for one night? Surely…eyes flickered and words brought her back to alertness for a while with a tired half-opening of lips. A sigh, small and growing content towards the end.

“Hmm? Learn? Well everything…me. I can’t offer more than that. Though it is not a happy story, not until the ending. But…stories. Reasons. Connections…” she spoke quietly but easily heard between the pauses, their heads were close now, “time…I hate time. I said that already, I…” she burrowed into the bedding a little, the breath so warm, relaxing.

“Jealous? I am always jealous of those try to take things from me,” consciousness fought the battle to stay awake and she met the gaze again, mischievous in nature, “important things anyway. They can try to. Fancy I’ve got the upper hand though. Merv said, told me enough to know. You too, shown me. I don’t think it will be stolen so easily” she blinked the drowsiness away, it would work for a while at least.

The challenging stare, the firm words that were both a warning and an invitation. Fallon always had a way with words, to make them dance. She knew that she could turn a phrase, could rouse people with her own words and suggestive lessons. She had her own methods but they existed only in one world, for now. Fallon, she could make them dance and hold depth that Zandelia knew she could never bring to the fore. She was a trickster, Fallon was a sage. An odd pairing perhaps but so far it had seemed to work, for the most part. A frown of consideration, there was seriousness now and if she didn’t rise to meet it then something would be lost she sensed.

“I know, I saw Gad. Though it was fleeting, like smoke upon the breeze. I am not so talented,” she responded slowly, carefully, “I would listen to what you said. Treat it seriously and as I treat everything you say in that tone of voice you use. I respect, and fear, what power magic holds. I was foolish before Nyka but then I lost my vision when I pushed…for a while. It was a hard lesson in loss. Would I have the strength? I do not know. I try to be strong, for what I believe worth the effort. I can’t promise you success, I wouldn’t lie to you, but I can promise that I wouldn't be foolish. Not with a gift you gave” she continued, mumbling a little now as lethargy edged in despite the effort to keep it at bay.

“I know a little, not enough perhaps. But…I would try to learn. I can’t promise more than that I would try as hard as I could. Whether that makes me worthy, I leave to the wisest person I know. I can only offer so much of one side of the bridge before the other must build its partner. If desired. It's how I work, how I managed to...well...you know” she finished, blinking once more as Fallon’s eyes became hazy.

“I have never thought myself worthy of anything. All I do is try. Always. For more, success. I had given up for a time. Now I try again. Take that for what it is and even if I never learn it I will consider myself gifted”

The closeness, the words and the feeling. The brush of lips. It was all too enjoyable, lulling in its simplicity. She didn’t have to think about it, merely experience. Mind could begin to wander as fingers tugged at the blankets and pulled them out, extricating and then smoothing them over the both of them with what little instinct the waking mind still possessed. The press of flesh and the words spoken with such thrill throbbing through them. Her lips curled, it was nice to feel validated by another, even if there was a hesitation there that she couldn’t quite place. She draped her arm over, pulling closer gently, briefly before letting her go and allowing her to settle back.

Her hand snaked backwards painfully to make sure she could feel the weapons upon the table beside the bed. Slow fingers gripped the dagger in her boot and fumbled until it was placed next to the kukri and she turned once more to happier sights. She shifted forwards, slipping her arm underneath the pillow that held the head of the other. Other hand rested upon the hip, avoiding the tortured abdomen. A deep inhale into the ear as she finally began the surrender.

“I am tired. Worth it though. Got you better. A little. Like? No…need. More” she breathed as voice began to echo and drift.

“Not trapped. Freed. Took old woman. Made something. Good,” eyelid fluttered and wakefulness returned long enough to press lips together before settling back, “always take the hand. Always. Sleep Wolf. Rest. Dream. I will be here tomorrow” she sighed.

It was not long until her better judgment was clouded and the full extent of her tiredness consumed her. She really did need to look after herself, if a simple bed brought such enjoyment to the body, that was the last thought that crossed her mind beyond the intimacy. Simple things. For once she didn’t dream of the storm, but of times long gone where light pulsed within the darkness and gave hope - however fleeting - to two young girls with naught but each other.
Zandelia
I Aim To Misbehave

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

Rousing Song

Postby Shai on June 14th, 2014, 6:24 pm

However hopeless the situation appears to be

There yet always exists the possibility of putting up a stubborn resistance

Fallon :
Leadership 1
Flirting 1

Tanroa is the Goddes of Time
Planning A Vacation

Edit: Medical Expenses already paid, sorry for the confusion!

Zandelia :
Animal Husbandry 1
Intelligence 1
Observation 1
Socializaiton 1

Planning a Vacation
Nader-Canoch: Words Have Multiple Meanings

Ledger -37 GM for Purchases

Note: Zand, do you have HD permission for Carole and Jarral? Please add them to your CS

Check :
If there are any concerns with my grading please feel free to toss me a PM. I am more than happy to explain my reasons or reevaluate them if you feel I've been unfair.

ImageImage
Shai
Alone in the dark.

Words: 424135
Joined roleplay: October 9th, 2011, 5:43 pm
Race: Symenestra
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Featured Character (1) 2011 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Previous