Closed Mishief Mind

[Fallon]

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A lawless town of anarchists, built on the ruins of an ancient mining city. [Lore]

Moderator: Morose

Mishief Mind

Postby Zandelia on May 4th, 2014, 9:04 pm

She noted the shuddering, the way Fallon looked as if she were possessed of sensitivity beyond her normal reactions. Not from a simple touching at least. She pondered why that would be but quickly found that she held no answer - it could have been anything. The charged atmosphere, the reveling in enjoyment of the moment or a byproduct of whatever it is she had just done. She took it for what it was and smiled at the words as she continued to toy with the hair at her fingertips. They were loose plaits she was forming, easily shaken out but that wasn’t the point of them, they were simple acts and fulfilled the promise of control, or the semblance of it. Fallon was clearly toying with her in her own way. Words, she was consummate with words.

“Yes…scream. I would dare you to again but we both know you will try without the spur or not. I shall look forwards to the attempts Wolf,” she responded softly, thoughtfully, “I should spend more time with you clearly. I am away too often trying to keep things going. I will be sure to make more time for you” she continued, a slight pang of guilt threading through at that fact.

There was so much to do, to plan and make into physical endeavor. People to meet, to cajole and convince. She couldn’t stop the work that was so important but perhaps she had slightly neglected that which was more important. She frowned slightly, wondering whether the words had been stated as a confirmation of that or whether they were simply said because she needed to say them. She knew there was comfort in admitting something, in trying to find a solution with the help of others. She controlled her face carefully so that the flinch did not come at that mental observation. She had her own regret that would need to be admitted at some point.

Not now, not when she is finally having fun. Later…when she is a bit better. I can’t look after her if she doesn’t want me here. No…later she told herself, the same words that had been circling in her mind since the aftermath began. Kept delaying, pushing it off. She told herself was logical but deep down she knew it was cowardice.

“I could get you more books? Games? Or I could help you move somewhere else if you like? Lars downstairs, one of the men watching out, he says there has been no danger. No searching so far that we can see. Perhaps it is safe to do so?” she suggested, she knew it wasn’t the lack of entertainment so much as being strapped to the bed that was eating at Fallon slowly. Mercilessly.

“Letting me you say? If you say so. We’ll see soon enough,” she continued the working of her fingers - four were done now - and grinned in challenge, “and you are both I think. When the mood takes you, depending upon the mood. I will not tickle you then, clearly it wouldn’t…work?” she merely paused, leaving it open to suggestion that perhaps it might. Fallon’s arms had shot down rather quickly at its mention, a tell perhaps. The prod of her nose and she blinked, looking at Fallon in response dead-pan.

“I can hear it on the inside Wolf, on the inside,” she continued to listen to the tone of voice, changing in rumination as the explanation came soon afterwards and she pursed her lips in thought, “this surprises you? You are talented and intelligent. You were bound to reach his level of abilities one day. Does it not make him a good mentor that you reached them so soon in your life? That you can now work towards surpassing him?” she posed the question seriously, humor was not appropriate to reflection.

Then came the offer, the gazing into her emerald and fingers let the hair fall loose and she leant back in consideration. She held the gaze, met the challenge firmly. She knew bargaining when she saw it and it was directly before her. She raised an eyebrow, Fallon had once told her that she didn’t like such games. It was clearly not the case now and she considered why that might be. She was clearly planning something, everything had led up to the offer and it was posed with a purr almost.

“Clearly I have been rubbing off on you Wolf, you usually reject such bargaining. Very well…deal. No gifts to help you this time though” she tapped Fallon’s mark and twisted her head.

She stood up, wondering. Trying to get into Fallon’s mindset and think the way she did. It was difficult at the best of times, despite the fact that she loved woman she had never claimed to understand them. She didn’t even understand herself. She started with her discarded garments, gathering them up and looking within, fingers probing their depths. Nothing was found and so she set them upon the table. Next under the table, just in case she had found some ingenious way to stick it there without it falling. Nothing. The kettle and the pots. What little belongings that remained to them were sifted through slowly as she continued to ponder. Where would she hide it?

Under the bed? Under…herself? Oh that would be just like her! Put it in plain sight almost and watch me dance. At least she will be amused still she told herself as she shifted to her knees and searched the nooks underneath the bed. She probed the frame, found nothing.

Behind the table she looked next, opening the drawer quickly and still nothing was uncovered. She growled and looked down at Fallon, jumped forwards and slipped fingers underneath her as gently as she could to find…nothing.

“You aren’t moving it as I go are you? I know you can do that you little minx. That would be cheating you know,” she warned as the playfulness consumed her once more, “No…nt yet. don’t give up yet” she muttered.

One more mad dash around the room to try to win the game and this time everything was searched thrice, discarded sideways to the floor. By the end she still held nothing but the room was truly in a state of disarray. She snorted and returned to the chair to sit down with crossed legs, not meeting that gaze in defeat.

“You win then. Where was it? And what do you want of me…Wolf”
Zandelia
I Aim To Misbehave

Words: 1798131
Joined roleplay: September 23rd, 2011, 12:35 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
2011 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Mishief Mind

Postby Fallon on May 4th, 2014, 10:41 pm

"You can only read so much in the daylight, or before your eyes hurt. And games..." she scratched upon her chin. There was a long pause, eyes growing sombre and a low sigh escaping. How could she word it? What should she say upon the subject? She let the eyes slide away after that, refusing to meet the gaze of the woman who played with her hair, "You can't really play games alone." Silence reigned, the expression falling away from the previous mischievous look slipping away.

The days within the tiny room were long ones. Wrapped in a near isolation where occasionally a person from the outside came out. But even then those were mere fleeting chimes, kept to the clock and rarely brought long enough to form any true conversation. Simple interaction was lost, that craving to communicate pressing up against her - or at least until Zandelia returned. Then such things were soothed, left to calm and simmer once more. Rest came shortly after, words growing shorter as tired minds looked for sleep and it was then that Fallon was left alone once more waiting. It repeated shortly after. Still, the fingers continued their twiddling. That position of power and dominance that she so thought she had. She had no reason to shake them off, or if she did it would no doubt only receive ridicule. It was only the breathing and the occasional blink that came now, ears twitching as the woman grinned. It was a cue to smile back, to utter a laugh of amusement back; a seemingly hard task now she had reached her moment of reclusive pondering.

There was however, a flicker of acknowledgement when her mentor was spoken about. There was a knitting of the brow, a hum of noise as she spoke, "It does surprise me. I always saw him as some powerful figure. Unreachable and a genius in every from. And me? I thought I would only reach some level of competency of it and never get higher." A suck in of the air, a gritting of teeth as she considered the serious weight of the question. Or at least until she deflated, "It does make him a good mentor... but... I was a shyke student. I'm his young prodigy I guess. The piece from the gutter brought up to lead into the future of magic and understanding." She cocked an eyebrow up at Zandelia a thin lacing of amusement in her tone, "Gods help you all."

The woman shifted upon the mention of her offer. Worried? Thinking on something? No doubt upon the nature of her bargaining. Even she knew it was a foolish one, but it was only a one off. And such thing that would only occur rarely. Thus, by her logic there would be no harm. Besides, it was Zandelia, what was the worst she could think of? Actually, Fallon did not want to think about that. Blinking, she watched the woman agree and then begin her search around the room.

Sitting herself up properly Fallon turned her attention to her legs. Firstly to the uninjured one and then the second. Toes wriggled, muscles tensed and relaxed as she stretched the limb out. A press of fingers, a checking bend of the knee as felt the tendons contract and ease. A deep inhale, she gave it a pinch and then pulled herself round so it dangled off the bed edge and lay flat upon the floor. The other leg was brought round for inspection at that point, just as Zandelia begun her probing of the kettle and the pots.

Bringing it up so it was across her, she let the fingers trace down to the bandaging. Muscles gave an aching shudder in reciprocation and a small wince came upon her face. It was still healing, she understood that, but she still needed to personally gauge how bad it was. Bringing the knee up she took to a slower series of stretches, pausing as she watched the woman go to her knees to look underneath it. There was a shrug, the allowing of the woman to wriggle her hands beneath her in her searching. And all the while, no hints were given until the accusation began to fly. Fallon cocked an eyebrow but did not look up from her careful inspection. Still, there was a flicker of amusement, "No, I'm not moving it. As you said that would be cheating. Besides... I can't move my limbs and project at the same time. T'is impossible that."

Easing the injured leg out she watched the woman once more go around the room, her toes wriggling and curling as she continued on with her analysis. There was a gentle thud as she let the foot lower to the floor and the familiar feeling of cool wood made itself known upon her feet. Muttering, she watched the woman continue her pacing and refusal to give up. Or at least until she gave only a snort of annoyance and begun her pouting within the chair. A soft smile, Fallon shook her head, "There was one obvious place you didn't look Sunshine." She raised the pillow upon the bed with one hand, and pulled it out and presented it to the woman with the other, "Your book I believe?"

The pair of them knew what was going to come next. Though, such things did require a lot of pondering. Some could have been light humoured, little things that would exist only as brief flickering memories. Others were dark, forceful and dangerous - potentially perverse and damaging to the already established relationship. The gaze fell, a moment of stillness consuming, "I would like..." She chewed upon her lip, a shake of the head so the fringe fell before her eyes. A moment of blindness behind a mane of blonde, "I would like..." Sheepish, nervous, she did not know if she was about to be laughed at for it. Hands reached forward to grasp upon the woman's a gentle tug as she felt the warmth from those fingers. Lips twitched, "I would... like for you to come back earlier. It... get's kind of lonely here when you're not around." Eyes blinked from behind the hair, "Please?"
FALLON
Fallon | Coffee Codes | Skill Images

Fallon is a Master of Intimidation, "At this level, a Master intimidator often unconsciously intimidates their target unless the intimidator monitors their stance, tone, and actions to prevent this. Master intimidators will nearly always have a reputation that precedes them unless they have taken special care to prevent it."
Fallon
The Red Wolf

Words: 2242110
Joined roleplay: January 21st, 2013, 4:24 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 9
Artist (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Mishief Mind

Postby Zandelia on May 8th, 2014, 12:12 pm

There was little that could be said in response to the comments upon her old mentor, her studies and the fact she seemed to consider herself so poorly acquitted in her studies. There was a sadness there, she thought, buried deep and perhaps not entirely about his passing. She held few words of comfort, she knew that words could ease but never truly solve such emotive perspectives. More often than not, unless they were the right words to say, they tended to make things worse. Still, there was a desire to try to show Fallon that the way she seemed to view herself was far from the way she was - in Zandelia’s opinion at least. She hummed in thought and wondered what would be best, silence or acknowledgement. Fallon seemed to want to talk and yet not talk - about that at least.

“If you were such a shyke student I am not so sure you would be as talented as you are now. I am unsure of how such talent chooses their students but there must have been a reason,” she stated carefully, slowly, “perhaps you will understand it in time. Clearly, if you have equaled him already, he was right”

“Gods?” she returned the smile slightly, “oh I think you are the one helped there. But I believe they won’t be required. You give yourself too little credit, I think” she thought about asking her about her mentor, perhaps it would help to get something out into the open - the 66th was approaching after all. She cleared her throat.

“Would you like to talk about him?” was the simple question, nothing else needed to be asked and she would either do so or not. She would not press for more, she had done enough already in that regard.

Stolen, not pressed. Thief. Sansom’s daughter. Spy…no…worse. Spies just take information, you took someone’s soul. Inner thought. You little b- she clenched her jaw and looked away, smothering the accusations - they were starting to eat at her now. Markus’ words reflected back at her, burrowing inside and setting up camp to unleash his last petty revenge. She breathed deeply and sought distraction.

Then came the revelation, the presenting and taking of the book into her hands and she placed it upon her lap. She had noted the physical inspection of the body, the testing of the limbs and the soundness of health. It had been a backdrop before in her quest to seek out the stolen tome but now it presented itself for the fullest of her attention. She had to admit that she was healing faster than she had expected her to. The damage had seemed so bad though Matthew had merely brushed it off. She had assumed it was just his way but perhaps his assessment had been altogether professionally sound. The bruises and scrapes were all but gone now, movement returning though perhaps not enough for anything strenuous just yet. Bandages had been applied, removed and then reapplied regularly as instructed. The salve had worked wonders on the cleaning. And the tea…ah yes the tea. Dulled the pain they had said, she had used some herself and it had been delightful not to feel anything for a while.

“The pillow,” she stated bluntly, cursing herself inwardly, “the pillow. Idiot, what am I?” she asked the world in general as she shook her head, faint smile of self scorn curling her lips as she snorted at her foolishness.

Silence after that, the waiting expectation for what would be asked of her. She would have done anything really, the woman had saved her life after all. Twice it could be argued. Saved her dignity too on occasion, what little there was that was left. Se had also given purpose, direction and a myriad of other things beyond the bond of intimacy so newly forged. Most of the ideas and ideals she was still trying to fathom, puzzle out and work around until she saw how they could fit into her life - if they ever would truly fit. Still, it was something to start with and she hadn’t had much of such things before. Had never truly thought about them. Zandelia had taken the world for what it was, not what it aught to be. Now she could see the flicker of both, almost invisible but growing. She braced herself, deep indrawn breath as the possibilities rifled through her mind.

Kill someone, steal something, learn something, give something, reveal something…. she listed them and it was a very long list indeed. It was cut short suddenly by the words that were spoken, the request.

Fingers gripped the hand tightly, a spasm of absolute surprise. The request, she could understand why it was made of course and it welled up and added to the guilt that was felt within. She had been neglectful once more, the old problem of becoming absorbed in the work rearing its head and laying down the foundations of their problems. It had happened in Nyka, Revy had left and found another. She was a terrible partner it seemed. Yet she had been given the opportunity this time to pause, reflect and reverse what she could. She couldn’t be around all day but what was being asked for were but a handful of Bells…how could she refuse?

“You had the whole world to choose from Wolf, everything. Anything. And you chose that? I’m starting to think you’re going soft on me,” she managed an attempt at humor though her inner thoughts stole most of it from the tone, “you didn’t need to use a bargain for that. I’d have done it anyway. Especially when asked so adorably” she did manage a true smile then as she placed her free hand under that chin, watched the nibbling upon the lip and the deep eyes so sheepish in their glamour. She brushed the hair aside and tucked it behind the ear of the other woman. She was adorable, unexpectedly so perhaps. It was hard not to feel a pang of hurt at the unspoken accusation, so true and piercing.

“Of course, I’ll come back earlier. Every day. I’m sorry if you have felt ignored. I just wanted to…help. Build. Keep things running. But…I do get lost in the work - a flaw of mine I had hoped I had left behind. You have your wish Fallon” she leant forwards into a small embrace, the sealing of the promise as she vowed to herself to improve.

“Is there anything else that you would like do you think?” came her own question, the feared one that she knew could spell more self-assessment and find herself poor. Yet, it had to be asked. She couldn’t just think of herself anymore.
Zandelia
I Aim To Misbehave

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

Mishief Mind

Postby Fallon on May 8th, 2014, 9:15 pm

There was only a flicker to Zandelia's words, her eyes lifting to look out from beneath her brow to the woman. For a moment she blinked, the careful picking of words being chosen and how they rolled upon the tongue. It was silly really, to allow herself to be caught up on such insecurities and lacking confidence. Her lips gave only a smallest of curls, a blink as she weighed those words up and took them for what they were worth. Zandelia meant well, and there was an obvious lacing of faith there - even as subjects once more returned to that of her mentor. A gentle shake of the head, "Thank you, but no. I shall leave talking about him for now. Leave his memory to another day. Maybe the sixty-sixth."

Whist Fallon thought, did she feel the gaze fall upon her. Looking and searching, fingers gave only the gentlest of wriggles, testing in their flexing and a small wince as tendons rebelled within her right hand. Even with that locking of the woman's jaw, that emerald narrowing in its inspection. She was still weighing up the damage, and the stiffening of the hand gave the nudging advice that moving it sharply was not the best option in the world right now. She watched the snort, the expectance to what was to come. Was the woman worried about what she would choose? That sharp inhale, that flicker of nerves as to what would be asked of. So many options and so many possibilities.

Teeth gave a grit when she pressed down a little too hard on the damaged hand. There was no blood, just a grunt to the reflex reaction. She saw the flicker of surprise, which in turn was met by the look of confusion in response. Was there disappointment? Or a strange sense of longing? That tone hovered there, pain and the realisation of something. But what was it? Fallon dipped her head slightly, cheeks a glow with her request. Did those shoulders just slump? For a moment there was that flickering feeling of disappointment, a wondering of whether or not she was about to be rejected by the very notion of her request. It was not that bad of a wish, was it? Was it truly that dreadful? Obviously not, for the slither of a smile that grew into a true one came to the surface.

"I'm not going soft," she mumbled, but her eyes remained fixed upon the woman. True in gaze and unwavering in her wish, "Yes! I choose that. It's what I want.. I just..." She looked away, lips pursing as she let the gentle fingers brush the fringe to one side - it truly had begun to grow long - and then turned her gaze back once more. It was an opportunity to say the least, and maybe a bit of her own petty desires for wanting to spend time with the woman. Besides, that was how she felt, even as the hand found itself underneath her chin. The blush deepened, a nervous swallow as the nature. So now she was adorable? Great. There was a snort and a pout to that comment - which probably did not help her case at all - her fingers that once twitched having found a moment of stillness, "I just... want to spend time with you. Is that bad at all? I mean.. I know you're busy and that, and it's a priority to you..."

Fallon shrugged in defeat. There was so many words she could say, but which ones were necessary to express the 'why?' of such a request. Her brow simply fell into a slight frown, her eyes not quite meeting the other. Those arms came next, that warm embrace that for a moment made her flinch, that promise and acceptance. Lips curled round, the moment of previously nagging worries lifting and lightening from within. She felt the warm arms, the embrace and making of a promise being little more than a whisper in her ear. It was accepted, and taken in. There was a reluctance to let go after that, her fingers knotting into the fabric of her blouse, a nuzzle into the crook of the woman's neck. Releasing a hum she pressed her lips against the skin, a gentle suck in of those scents and then pulled her head away. Until of course the woman presented her own question.

"But I said any one thing?" Fallon blinked. Already the prize of game was already being twisted. Unless of course it was merely a question of curiosity. Her head pulled back at that point, puzzlement passing over her features and the head cocking to one side. But there was that expression, that look. She placed her better hand upon the woman's cheek, an exhale as she took that watching gaze and answered.

"Zandelia..." She pressed her forehead gently against the woman's, the sea green orbs linking beneath her brow, "There are a few things I would like. Questions I want to ask, things I feel I must do to bring closure. But right now?" She gave a smile, "For give clichés, but there is only three things I want. The first you have already answered. The second," Fallon pulled away at that point, fingers sliding down from beneath the chin. She gave it a tilt, followed by a lead in. A gentle kiss, no heavy forcing of control, just a simple desire to do so. She breathed, "I just claimed. And the third?" leaning away she withdrew her hands and let them hang at her sides, "Well, common sense tells me not to ask it. Not yet at least. I mean, if you really want me to ask it, then I will revel in your wants and ask. So... does that answer for you?"
FALLON
Fallon | Coffee Codes | Skill Images

Fallon is a Master of Intimidation, "At this level, a Master intimidator often unconsciously intimidates their target unless the intimidator monitors their stance, tone, and actions to prevent this. Master intimidators will nearly always have a reputation that precedes them unless they have taken special care to prevent it."
Fallon
The Red Wolf

Words: 2242110
Joined roleplay: January 21st, 2013, 4:24 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 9
Artist (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Mishief Mind

Postby Zandelia on May 10th, 2014, 7:54 pm

It was strange to hear the hesitation from the other woman, the sense that she perhaps felt as if there were unsure footing beneath her that she was trying to tease her way across without encountering any sinkholes. So sure most of the time, publicly at least though even in private there were always the surge of defiant surety. She knew Fallon was certain of few things, when they spoke truly between themselves, but then who was? She watched her look away, the frowning and blushing that were becoming more frequent of late. There was a strength and beauty there and Zandelia was not sure that she deserved such a companion. Such thoughts were scattered for now, consumed instead by the delightful experience of the moment. She grinned at the pouting snort.

“Are you sure you’re not? I’ll have to find a way to toughen you up back to normal if so. Can’t have the wildness taken away can we?” she attempted a straight face but there was little she could do about the cracking smile that exposed teeth widely.

“No…no it’s not bad at all,” she returned fondly as she looked at the other, still very much close, “the work…it always seems so important to me. Finding things, learning things, creating things. But, I have to learn that those things can wait. Important they are but not as important as you are” she sighed, so much to learn and so many mistakes to try to not repeat.

Change was something that she found to be difficult to engage with and the irony was not lost upon her. She could change her persona in some ways, her appearance and even the places she lived and breathed. It was always just a veneer though, underneath she remained very much the same. She had many habits both good and bad, in differing scenarios. She had not tried to change much before, had not had reason to beyond a few lost to her now. She had already made one mistake here, now. Two perhaps. She owed it to Fallon to try to adapt and improve. Not for the other woman but for herself. If she wanted to keep that which was precious she couldn’t shut it away and ignore it in favour of other things.

Not all the time, perhaps not even half of the time. She risked her life for me, shared herself with me. And I in return. Could I say that I had done right by her if I didn’t listen? she asked herself, the answer was self-evident.

“I must learn that I know, though I doubt I will do so quickly. Too set in my ways I think but you are important to me too,” she embraced the other again to feel the small nuzzling, the small pecks that she was beginning to appreciate more with the passing days, “very much so. If you feel I have forgotten that then give me a slap and make me see it so I can try again to get things right”

Then came the trickster again, the scheme weaver and free spirit. The claiming and the probing words, though what they probed for beyond fun was difficult to ascertain. She accepted them and took them for what they were – mere play. She shifted position and sat upon the bed next to Fallon then, putting an arm around her companionably. What was wanted was not what was best and so she quashed it for now. She did, however, remember the questions that had been asked of her previously.

“In answer to that I answer your two questions. Now seems as good a time as any. To the first – yes, though some times stand out more than others. One in particular, if it can be called what you called it,” she chuckled at the memory, “and to the second, also yes. Though I think not until my partner can keep up with the game” she pulled Fallon gently closer.

She enjoyed the closeness, the simple act of sitting and embracing. There were no pressures upon her time, nothing called to them from the outside world to distract and lure away. Even if they did she would close the door in its face. She had made a promise and she emant to keep it, for as long as she was able to do so.
Zandelia
I Aim To Misbehave

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

Mishief Mind

Postby Ablation on May 24th, 2014, 7:00 pm

Zandelia :
Experience:
    Mathematics +1
    Deduction +2
    Tactics +2
    Auristics +2
    Detection +3
    Seduction +3
    Cosmetology +1
    Foraging +1

Lores:
    Characteristic Door Knocking
    Fallon: Needs mental entertainment
    You Can’t Play Games Alone
    Fallon: Bad Student
    Projection and Movement Cannot be Simultaneous

Expenses:
    1GM = Crutch
    4 GM = Good Meal

Fallon :
Experience:
    Projection +4
    Tactics +2
    Stealth +3
    Seduction +3
    Negotiation +1

Lores:
    Projection: Cannot be seen or touched but felt
    Fallon: Projection
    You Can’t Play Games Alone
    Surpassing ones mentor
    Repercussions of Violence

Please don't be afraid to PM me with any questions ^-^ This is my first grading spree in Sunberth and I am bound to make a mistake here and there
Ablation
Retired Staff

Words: 276726
Joined roleplay: January 14th, 2014, 9:22 pm
Race: Staff account
Office

Previous