Closed [The Prairie] Trust me! (Clyde)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

An undead citadel created before the cataclysm, Sahova is devoted to all kinds of magical research. The living may visit the island, if they are willing to obey its rules. [Lore]

[The Prairie] Trust me! (Clyde)

Postby Elaine Spade on May 24th, 2014, 4:22 pm

Magic Staff, it made sense already. And while she was amazed again by Clyde was able to do but this time, she was also terrified. It's like it was a livign creature with its own soul. Though it was still a tool wasn't it? At least she thought that way. She was staring at it for a few ticks. That odd sensation when Clyde was sensing it, it was scary.

"It still has other secret abilites?" She asked but it wasn't really a question, she knew the answer for it. Yes it did have more abilities. She was quite curious can she touch the staff? Would it hurt her? She was staring at it again, like it was hypnotising her, but she took her willpower not to do it. She looked back at Clyde.

"Sorry... I totally got distracted and a bit tired by the fact that I could walk again like when I had a body. I guess I lost control so I came out accidentally." She again gave a smile to him. Thinking about her childish attempts. But it was a good feeling. "And at least on thing I can be sure of now. You do trust me. Rest then try again perhaps?" She was curious and excited now, maybe because he was Clyde, maybe because she could try walking... maybe just both. Neverless it was fun for her. "Hmm... you know all kinds of magic? You seem so skilled."
Last edited by Elaine Spade on May 24th, 2014, 5:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Elaine Spade
Player

Words: 166350
Joined roleplay: October 30th, 2012, 5:29 pm
Race: Ghost
Character sheet

Postby Clyde Sullins on May 24th, 2014, 5:06 pm

"It still has other secret abilites?"

Clyde let out a sigh, having to repeat himself again. He swore he had just made that clear in his explanation, that he did not know all of the facets of the staff and was still trying to master it and its abilities...

“Yes, it still has abilities I have not unlocked. As I said, I know well how to make them, but I do not know all of their various abilities and such that are inherent in them. I will need to do some research and learn of that.”

After a moment Elaine explained her earlier possession, why she ended it so soon.

"Sorry... I totally got distracted and a bit tired by the fact that I could walk again like when I had a body. I guess I lost control so I came out accidentally."

It did make a bit more sense now why she had ended it. Not because she had to, but because she had lost focus, which as Clyde knew from his own experience in magic could ruin the best performed spell. He supposed for a ghost to possess someone it took just as much focus and concentration or else it would break.

However it did seem odd to him that walking was what distracted her. He knew she was not to experienced a possessor, but surely she had walked in someone before? Perhaps she had even done so inside of him. He was vaguely aware of them having done so in the past... Of course perhaps his memory was wrong, or he was thinking of a different ghost.

"And at least on thing I can be sure of now. You do trust me. Rest then try again perhaps?"

Clyde did not mention that part of why he trusted her to possess him was because she was relatively unskilled at it, and so was not likely to do much damage. Plus at their relative levels he could still fight her off and freeze her, even better than Fubuki who was clearly better at possession.

His legs ached a bit from how Elaine had used them, were a bit sore, but not horribly so. Perhaps along with her getting better, his own body was getting better at tolerating being possessed and controlled by another. Of course once Elaine got better at controlling his movement it would also likely be less draining, as she would use his muscles and limbs correctly and not in such a random or flailing fashion.

“Sure,. we can try again in a moment, after we both gather our collective breaths so to speak.”

"Hmm... you know all kinds of magic? You seem so skilled."

Clyde smiled for a moment as Elaine spoke of his skills in magic, which admittedly were numerous. Of course this was in part because many of the magics he knew of where at a basic level, and he did not truly know of them to deeply except for a select few he specialized in.

“Well, many are very basic skills, of which I know little of. I have 3 or 4 which I mainly focus on, which I have my greatest skills in, but most of the others are at a very minimal skill level. But then I suppose there is only so much time to practice, and I would not be as high at the ones I am better at if I had split my time more to be better at my worse ones.”

Clyde's main magics were mainly ones he had been doing for the longest: Reimancy, Glyphing, Auristics, and Magecrafting. The last of course was his current main focus, and the one he was apprenticing as. It was also the one that had made his magic staff and enchanted it.

Clyde focused once more on the thought of his staff, but nothing happened. No image, nothing. Perhaps he was not concentrating hard enough, or was simply not getting it right. Surely though there was a reason behind it.

Clydes Stuff

I am actually in RL a super intelligent hamster from Rhode Island, with a 7 year plan to take over the world.

Update 6/2/18- 1:10AM EST: His 7 year plan a success, and several weeks ahead of schedule, Clyde leaves to oversee the world he has taken over.

No new threads after end of Spring 518-Will still be checking for PM's occasionally, but focusing on a new character.

Graders note: :
Please be aware Clyde is a master Magecrafter. He therefore should not be gaining full xp(or possibly shouldn't gain any at all) for simple tasks related to this magic, such as low level MC items, particularly for repetitions of creations he has done before. Feel free to contact me if unsure of a instance of his magic use compared to his skill level.
Clyde Sullins
Player

Words: 2343955
Joined roleplay: June 18th, 2011, 1:14 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Overlored (1) Donor (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Elaine Spade on May 24th, 2014, 5:29 pm

He answered to that one obvious question, he already told her. She heard a little annoyance in his voice, but she tried to ignore it. Again she was staring just for a few ticks at the staff. The itch to touch it was great, but she pulled away her attention from it, she knew she mustn't, it was dangerous... it wasn't hers. How she hated her curiosity.

Then she started to share her experience about the possession. It was more like she was thinking and she said it out loudly. "So strange to possess someone and act like when I had a body. I forgot it, I forgot how the body acts. " she said and she was looking forward, not even watching certain something. It was like she wasn't there anymore but somewhere else. In her past probably. "Sometimes I wonder what if I would have met with you, when I was alive."

Nice thoughts, but that doesn't change the fact that she was not alive, but she still met Clyde and she was with him. Probably wouldn't be with him if she was alive, but then she came back to The Prairie, realizing she was with him. "Sorry. So getting back to our topic. I always wanted to ask about your past a bit. Where did you born? Why did you start to learn magic? Is your family alive?" She was bombing him with questions quickly, it was a bit indiscrete though.
Elaine Spade
Player

Character sheet

Postby Clyde Sullins on May 24th, 2014, 6:03 pm

Now that his urging for the staff which had before given him a vision of it was failing, he could not help but wonder why. It also made him more interested in the function of the sensing, of how it worked and how he activated it. Clearly simply thinking about it was not enough, nor concentrating on it... Clearly he was missing something.

Or perhaps it was simply that his desire to see and find the staff was not strong enough.

Perhaps there was another way, a way to test out his theory and to see how well it worked, to see its limits. He had known were it was, and had sensed it. But could he sense it if he was uncertain where it was, if he did not know in his minds eye where it was positioned in regards to him? That would certainly be a better experiment, a better testing of the ability.

"So strange to possess someone and act like when I had a body. I forgot it, I forgot how the body acts. Sometimes I wonder what if I would have met with you, when I was alive."

Clyde shrugged, unsure. He had only known Elaine since she was a ghost. He was not even sure if they would have known each other or interacted if she had not died... Would she hold any interest for him if she was herself, except living? Or was her state of being a ghost part of what called his attention to her part of what made her interesting to him.

“I am not sure... Perhaps if you had not died, we would have never met. I doubt we would have met each other or interacted or become friends. Likely you would have stayed at your home and done whatever your parents had done, as most normal people do. It is only for how you are now that we have met. Also... We are both different people than we used to be. I cannot imagine that death has not changed you, or at least has not changed your outlook. Perhaps if you were still alive we would not have been friends even if we had met.”

Before long though Elaine was asking more questions, this time asking him of his home, of his past. Clyde did not really like talking about it though...

"Sorry. So getting back to our topic. I always wanted to ask about your past a bit. Where did you born? Why did you start to learn magic? Is your family alive?"

“Honestly I do not really like talking about my past. You cannot affect the past, there is little point in focusing and dwelling no it. You are what your past made you, but you must live and work for the future. I grew up in Syliras, and that is where I became a mage, and where my family lives as far as I know. I have not seen my family in a long time, don't know much of them. Perhaps they are still alive, perhaps they are not. It has been to long since I saw them for me to know for sure.”

Pausing for a moment, Clyde looked back at his staff, and let out a sigh.

“Elaine, would you perhaps like to assist me in an experiment, in testing out this odd sensing of my staff? As I said, it can touch you, so you should be able to pick it up and move it easily enough even without your abilities. It works both ways I would think, that you can easily touch it since it can touch you. If you can hide the staff, and not tell me where it is, it would allow me to test the ability much further, along with knowing if I can find it if I were to not know where it is or have lost it.”

Clydes Stuff

I am actually in RL a super intelligent hamster from Rhode Island, with a 7 year plan to take over the world.

Update 6/2/18- 1:10AM EST: His 7 year plan a success, and several weeks ahead of schedule, Clyde leaves to oversee the world he has taken over.

No new threads after end of Spring 518-Will still be checking for PM's occasionally, but focusing on a new character.

Please be aware Clyde is a master Magecrafter. He therefore should not be gaining full xp(or possibly shouldn't gain any at all) for simple tasks related to this magic, such as low level MC items, particularly for repetitions of creations he has done before. Feel free to contact me if unsure of a instance of his magic use compared to his skill level.
Clyde Sullins
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Elaine Spade on May 26th, 2014, 4:26 pm

He was right, Elaine old self probably wouldn't care about him, nor would he. It was a bit depressing thought for her. Just like how only death could make her change only. Pathetic as it sound but she couldn't do against it. Maybe it was for the best for everyone.

She felt a bit bad for asking her question. She could understand why he didn't want to look back. She didn't want to either, though her whole existence presented the past. He was from Syliras, the city, Bitzer told her about and his family was alive. Perhaps alive. She wondered where her parents could be. A great loss in her life.

But her thoughts went away as Clyde changed the topic. She looked at the staff again as he asked her to test it. Did he read her mind? Her curiosity just grew and grew. Though she was worried as well. "Can it harm me? Or it only harms if you wish it so?" Come the question, and she wasn't so sure about it now. Although she knew he wouldn't hurt her.
Elaine Spade
Player

Character sheet

Postby Clyde Sullins on June 1st, 2014, 2:26 pm

Elaines question was not totally unexpected, it certainly made sense that she would ask it in retrospect, but it still caught Clyde off guard.

"Can it harm me? Or it only harms if you wish it so?"

Clyde could do little more than shrug in uncertainty, before answering to the best of his ability. Which in this case was not as certain or as detailed as his answers so commonly could be.

“I've got no clue. I don't suppose it would harm you inherently any more than a normal stick would harm me. I suppose so long as its not used aggressively it would not harm you, any more than myself picking up a stick would harm me. But if say someone were to bash me with it, it would hurt. I suppose a similar principal applies to this staff and you. I guess.”

Clyde ended this with another uncertain shrug. He'd made the staff, that didn't mean he knew the intricacies of how it would interact with the world and those around him. He knew the principles well enough, but did not always know how they would work in reality.

“I suppose we wont know for certain until you try.”

Clydes Stuff

Clyde Sullins
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Elaine Spade on June 2nd, 2014, 5:50 pm

"Yeah that's... reassuring. But where would be the fun if we know?" She tried to think that way as Clyde himself wasn't sure about what the staff can or can't do with ghosts. Maybe it acted like with the living as Clyde said and would only harm if somebody used that way. Elaine stopped thinking, went closer to the staff to pick it up.

Strange feeling got into her. She felt the little soulmist from the staff. She remembered that Clyde mentioned that he used also soulmist to create the item. Made sense, it could interact with her afterall. Her soulmist went around the staff and was slowly pushing it up from ground. It was somewhat easier as the staff itself could touch her, but she still had to use her own to make it move.

"Odd. Really odd." She said as she was holding it with her mist. It really didn't harm her, though she had a strange tickling inside of her. She tried to ignore it, she turned to Clyde and was smiling. She was relieved. "Yeah, you were right as always. I guess it won't blow up in my hands... erm soulmist" She corrected herself and it was time to go into the next part.

"And now I will try and bring this somewhere then." And if Clyde would turn around to not know where she was about to hide it. She didn't hesitate for long, she was going straight. It was really easy to bring the item, she didn't put a lot effort to keep it up and push it forward. She didn't go too far, she also wanted to remember and check where it is, in case anything happens. She saw a lonely little bush and she took it down under it on the sand.

She quickly went back to Clyde, and was keeping eye for it. But she also tried to not do it too obviously as Clyde wanted to find it. "Your turn, I know where it is if anything would happen."
Elaine Spade
Player

Character sheet

Postby Clyde Sullins on June 2nd, 2014, 9:46 pm

"Yeah that's... reassuring. But where would be the fun if we know?"

Clyde shrugged in response, no more sure in this case than Elaine. It was a odd thing to experience, since usually when it came to magic he was far more knowledgeable than the spirit. In this case however they were almost on equal footing, both waiting to see what the outcome would be.

"Odd. Really odd."

Clyde watched as Elaine used her soulmist to grasp and pick up the staff, and turned away from the sight. After all, the entire point of the experiment was to test and see if he could detect and sense the staff when he did not know exactly where it was. If he watched her put it wherever she did it would not be a proper test of his ability.

"Yeah, you were right as always. I guess it won't blow up in my hands... erm soulmist. And now I will try and bring this somewhere then."

Clyde had already turned away from the sight as Elaine had first picked up the staff, more to be on the safe side than anything. He simply continued to look away, assuming Elaine would alert him once she was done hiding it.

For a moment Clyde had considering closing his eyes instead of turning away, but before he had it had occurred to him that it might not be the wisest thing to do in such a dangerous locale. Of course he was no worse off now than if something where to sneak up behind him in the direction he was not facing, but it still meant he was not totally blind. Plus if nothing else he might see something in his peripheral's, and save himself as such.

However as he waited, an idea struck Clyde. Surely if Clyde put his mind to it, he could make some sort of Glyphing solution to deal with this security issues. The last issue in security he had tackled had been a safe method of sending a message without it being intercepted or read by another... That had been seasons ago though, and he'd done little in regards to security since then.

Perhaps he could make some sort of security detector type device, which would go off with a trigger if something attempted to sneak up on Clyde... They'd likely need to be small, and to be comprehensive they'd likely need to be spread out around him, to cover any direction from which something might approach.

The biggest issue would be the trigger itself, since it would likely require complex wording, and a small device would make it much harder to write out a large complex trigger... Perhaps he could figure out some way though of dealing with the issue. Or perhaps he could simply use the opportunity to attempt to learn to engrave smaller lettering using Reimancy.

Clyde's train of thought was broken as Elaine spoke and announced she was done.

"Your turn, I know where it is if anything would happen."

Clyde turned back to Elaine and nodded. “Thank you for your assistance. Now lets see...”

Clyde glanced about, turning on the spot once and looking to see if he could find the staff simply by looking. After looking for a chime or so, he settled he could not, that it was not hidden so openly that he could find it by simply eyeballing it.

Letting out a deep breath, Clyde closed his eyes and pictured in his mind the length of blue wood that was Cha. He pictured its length, its smooth cut surface, he imagined for a moment its texture and feel as he brushed his hand over it. That was the trickiest bit, trying to imagine the touch. Instead he focused more on the idea of the sensation, since he could not truly simulate the sensation by imagination alone.

Deciding to attempt for a incantation, on the off chance that it might aid him in his task, Clyde quietly spoke a few lines of rhyme which he made up on the spot.

“Cha, cha, where are you... My missing you does make me blue... You are my staff that is most true... I won't leave you out to collect the dew...”

With that Clyde focused on the image of Cha in his mind. As he did, he saw a faint flicker of a image, which was a odd swirl of sand and one of the scrub bushes so common in the prairie. But he did not sense where it was beyond the vague image...

“Ah, almost, I think I almost got it... Its with a bush, right? Or at least that's what I saw... Let me try again, perhaps I can sense it more properly and pin down where its at to lead me to it.”

Clydes Stuff

Clyde Sullins
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Elaine Spade on June 3rd, 2014, 2:30 pm

She was staying silent and was only watching as he closed his eyes. He was trying to sense it now. Elaine looked at the direction where the staff was. The lonely bush, nothing was there... no one was there. She looked back at Clyde.

Not an exciting part for her, but she promised she would help and it was interesting how they could sense each other. Like the staff was alive. Strange thing to think about although in Sahova, everything was odd for her. She nearly forgot, Rye was here too. The dog was so silent, she looked at him. Was thinking if she should try get close to the animal but then she realized it would not be the best idea.

Then her attention again went back to him as he started to say something. First she thought he was speaking to her but she realized it was some kind of incantation to call the staff. Maybe he could even summon it? She was curious and would obviously be amazed if he could but the staff didn't appear from the nowhere.

But at least he saw the picture of the place. That was amazing enough for her. She was smiling and nodded. "Yes, under a bush. You are on the right track." She again took a quick glance to the direction. Still no one there. It was safe.
Elaine Spade
Player

Character sheet

Postby Clyde Sullins on June 3rd, 2014, 4:39 pm

"Yes, under a bush. You are on the right track."

Clyde smiled back at Elaine, or in her general direction, as he continued to attempt to focus on his task at hand.

He felt ever closer to the staff, was ever growing in his understanding of it, but still felt as if he was missing something.

What that something was he could not say, but there was much to do still in regards to connecting to it.

This time as he focused on the staff, he tried to picture himself and the staff and his surroundings. Then he took away the surroundings, and imagined himself and the staff floating about in blank emptiness. He focused on himself, and mentally pictured a wave of sound bouncing outward from himself. The sound washed across the staff as it passed it by, and for a moment there was a flicker of its surroundings, of the dirt and bush.

Clyde focused and imagined another pulse of sound echoing outward from him, at the same time letting off a low hum and holding the single note. This time as he willed the sound to wash over the staff, he imagined it bouncing back, or a bit of it, of the staff reverberating with the sound and pinging off a noticeable rebound, and the staff glowing with the energy of the sound it had abosrbed. It was somewhat similar to his Magecrafting, or to how he saw it when viewing it with Auristics.

For a moment there was nothing, and then Clyde felt and heard a hum echoing his own off to the side. He mentally threw another wave of sound at the image of the staff, while continuing to him, and then felt his staff as it glowed in his eyes for a moment. Clyde turned to face the source of the direction and opened his eyes, and began to stride forward toward the echo of his hum. He paused for a moment to take in another breath, and then resumed the hum while continuing to imagine the waves of sound going outward and bouncing off the staff.

As the staff vibrated in the sound, he felt it, felt it before him, like a tug of longing willing him in that direction. One step, then another, a pace, and then Clyde looked down to see Cha before him, hidden under a bush at his feet.

Ceasing his humming Clyde let out a sigh, and bent down to retrieve Cha, holding it up triumphantly before him.

“Got it! Him... Her... Is Cha a him or a her? I'm not really sure...”

Clyde turned back to Elaine, a small grin on his face as he showed her Cha clutched in his hand. It simply felt right being home in his grip, and gave of a small tingle of sensation as its aura rubbed against his own.

“Thank you for the help Elaine. Would you perhaps like to try the possession again? I don't think my holding the staff will bother it after all. Just don't try to pass through it, since I suppose it would be solid to you just as it is to me.”

If Elaine agreed, Clyde would accept her possession, motioning for her to go ahead and to do so. He would night fight her, but would accept her in, and would recall this time to take in a deep breath just before she overtook him.

Clydes Stuff

Clyde Sullins
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

PreviousNext