Closed [The Prairie] Trust me! (Clyde)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

An undead citadel created before the cataclysm, Sahova is devoted to all kinds of magical research. The living may visit the island, if they are willing to obey its rules. [Lore]

[The Prairie] Trust me! (Clyde)

Postby Elaine Spade on May 1st, 2014, 5:31 pm

Spring 9th, AV 514

The spring has just started and Elaine was a bit depressed about the beginning of this season.. Her birthday has passed and her death day was about to come. Neither made her happy. Memories of her death was haunting her like she was haunting Clyde. Though she didn't take that way, she was sticking with her dear friend. Though she didn't see him for days since winter. That didn't help.

She didn't find Clyde in his home place anymore, she assumed he moved somewhere. But not being with him also made her depressed more. She felt that he didn't trust her. Not enough to tell her everything. She had enough she wanted to prove that he can trust her, she was not the strongest but she could learn. And she could do other things for him.

For that reason when she finally met with the mage, she invited him to the Pairie. She knew the place was not the safest, but also not much people were there to see them or disturb them. She wanted to practice her possession with him. Trying to syncronize their moves.

It was also away from the Citadel, she didn't want to be around with nuits for a little time now. Although this didn't help her mood to get better too much. She was with him but thinking about her birth and deathday was making her feel sad still.

She was leading this time, it was also strange, she was always the one who was walking behind Clyde and followed him. "How have you been lately?" she asked as they nearly arrived to the Pairie."I know it's probably strange that I asked you to come here but... not seeing you for days was really weird."
Elaine Spade
Player

Words: 166350
Joined roleplay: October 30th, 2012, 5:29 pm
Race: Ghost
Character sheet

Postby Clyde Sullins on May 2nd, 2014, 10:33 pm

Clyde's end of winter and beginning of spring had been busy. With one thing or another going on Clyde had been hard at work. He hadn't seen Elaine in a time, having been so caught up in the doings and such of Sahova.

So when Elaine had asked him to come and meet her, he had agreed. Although it was still a bit odd, considering she was the ghost who was haunting him... But perhaps during his move she had lost track of him. After all she did not stay with him all the time, she went off and did other things and met other people.

As they neared the prairie, which was their destination, Elaine asked her first question. Or really more of a opening pleasantry.

"How have you been lately?"

"I know it's probably strange that I asked you to come here but... not seeing you for days was really weird."

As he prepared to answer, Rye let out a short growl, and continued to glare at Elaine. It was hard to say what was her issue with her, but surely part of his issue had to be with her being a ghost. He'd brought Rye along since he needed to spend some time outside, and Clyde had been so busy of late he'd not been taking him out much.

Of course Rye was a trained guard dog, so it was not like he went around carousing and playing. But still being outdoors was surely good for the dog.

“Ah... I've been busy. Okay I suppose, but busy. That's Sahova though, if I'm not busy I'm probably not of worth to them. And since the undead don't sleep they expect more than they would if they had to stop to rest and sleep like the living did.”

Clyde paused for a moment, making a small motion at Rye. He continued to glare at Elaine and follow along with Clyde, but he stopped his growling.

“Anyways, I suppose my busy state of affairs is why we've seen so little of each other. So what have you been up to Elaine? Anything of interest? I'm sure you've been keeping busy. And did you have anything in particular you called me here for?”

Clydes Stuff

I am actually in RL a super intelligent hamster from Rhode Island, with a 7 year plan to take over the world.

Update 6/2/18- 1:10AM EST: His 7 year plan a success, and several weeks ahead of schedule, Clyde leaves to oversee the world he has taken over.

No new threads after end of Spring 518-Will still be checking for PM's occasionally, but focusing on a new character.

Graders note: :
Please be aware Clyde is a master Magecrafter. He therefore should not be gaining full xp(or possibly shouldn't gain any at all) for simple tasks related to this magic, such as low level MC items, particularly for repetitions of creations he has done before. Feel free to contact me if unsure of a instance of his magic use compared to his skill level.
Clyde Sullins
Player

Words: 2343955
Joined roleplay: June 18th, 2011, 1:14 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Overlored (1) Donor (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Elaine Spade on May 3rd, 2014, 10:04 am

She didn't expect the he will bring his dog with them. She didn't mind, but Rye must have as she heard his growling. But it was a normal dog, which actually made her happy and at least she saw something... natural to her own standards. Maybe the dog could get used to her even be friendly. Or that was what she hoped for.

He was busy. As Elaine thought and knew. There was nothing new it. But she wanted a little time with him. Only 5 chimes walking and they were at the pairie. While that Elaine finally could answer as the dog stopped growling at her. She gave a quick smile. "Eh.. I hope sometime your dog will understand that I'm not harming you but want to help like him."

Then she was all serious again. She didn't how to put it to him. But the best she could do is to be honest with him. She didn't bother to hide anything. "Me busy? Not really... I don't have much to do here. Nuits and ghosts are really different and I don't like them much nor they would like me either.. " She started and sighed. "And yes I had a reason for you to call you here. If I wanted to talk and be with you, I could probably just follow you around. But I have a feeling that you don't trust me completely. That's one thing, the other thing is I want to practice my possessing with you. It would be also a good practice for you as well. Also I want to try how we can synchronize our moves. I trust you and if you trust me, you know I wouldn't do any harm or anything which you goes against."

She stopped explaining her plan for this and they already arrived to the Prairie. She turned around and was walking a bit more and tried to check a place where they could be alone. "I was here once. I think we can protect ourselves if necessary, but not much people would disturb us here."
Elaine Spade
Player

Character sheet

Postby Clyde Sullins on May 7th, 2014, 2:43 am

"Eh.. I hope sometime your dog will understand that I'm not harming you but want to help like him."

Clyde glanced between Elaine and Rye, and shook his head. He doubted if Rye would ever do that. He was a trained guard dog, trained to alert Clyde to threats... And apparently a semi-see through woman trailing about fitted into that category for him. Or perhaps it was something else, such as the fact that he could see her, but not smell her? Dogs relied on their sense of smell, so perhaps it was as simple as not trusting something that had no smell?

Clyde was no dog expert, so he was unsure the exact reason why Elaine unsettled him and brought out his training. He just hoped he would not find him to truly be such a threat as to try and bite her... He did not think Rye would like such a sensation, though it might put him off trying to bother with Elaine again.

“I don't know about that... Whats that saying about teaching dogs tricks or some such thing? I don't think Rye will be changing to much at this point.”

However the subject was soon passed on from that of Rye, and back to the matter at hand. Clyde had a feeling he would now find out why Elaine had asked him here.

"Me busy? Not really... I don't have much to do here. Nuits and ghosts are really different and I don't like them much nor they would like me either.. And yes I had a reason for you to call you here. If I wanted to talk and be with you, I could probably just follow you around. But I have a feeling that you don't trust me completely. That's one thing, the other thing is I want to practice my possessing with you. It would be also a good practice for you as well. Also I want to try how we can synchronize our moves. I trust you and if you trust me, you know I wouldn't do any harm or anything which you goes against."

Clyde shrugged once more, as usual a bit noncommittally, and looked at Elaine.

“That's fine, I could use more practice in being possessed anyways. I had a bit of practice last season with this other ghost, she was pretty good at it actually. I suppose in some ways its better to be possessed by a ghost such as her who is better at possessing, but it is also more dangerous, particularly with a ghost you do not totally trust. She was pretty strong, I even had to freeze her once when she tried to do things to much. Perhaps you've met her, her name is Kouri. She's a odd little ghost, about burnt out my eyes when I was testing something out, and then she reacted by flipping and trying to take over control during the possession. Even made me lose control of my magic for a time. Anyways, I suppose a bit more practice would aid me in warding off such future possible incidents.”

"I was here once. I think we can protect ourselves if necessary, but not much people would disturb us here."

Clyde nodded at her assertion, it was indeed a safe enough place. In fact it was the same place where he had met Fubuki and been possessed by her...

“Alright, just let me set aside my staff before we begin, I'm not sure what holding a staff that can interact with ghosts would do during a possession, but I'd rather not add in any unknown elements.”

Heading over to Rye a few paces away, Clyde set down Cha before him, for him to watch over. He doubted anyone would race up and try to steal it, but still he would prefer to keep it with Rye and not risk it.

As he let go of the staff an odd sensation crossed his arm. Or more to the point a sudden disappearance of a sensation. It was odd for Clyde had not even noticed the sensation was there buzzing away in his body, but now that he released the staff he could feel its... Absence... Or at least could feel the absence of the sensation Clyde normally felt when he held the staff.

Returning to his prior position near Elaine, Clyde faced the spirit.

“Ah... Well go ahead, ready when you are.”

Clydes Stuff

I am actually in RL a super intelligent hamster from Rhode Island, with a 7 year plan to take over the world.

Update 6/2/18- 1:10AM EST: His 7 year plan a success, and several weeks ahead of schedule, Clyde leaves to oversee the world he has taken over.

No new threads after end of Spring 518-Will still be checking for PM's occasionally, but focusing on a new character.

Please be aware Clyde is a master Magecrafter. He therefore should not be gaining full xp(or possibly shouldn't gain any at all) for simple tasks related to this magic, such as low level MC items, particularly for repetitions of creations he has done before. Feel free to contact me if unsure of a instance of his magic use compared to his skill level.
Clyde Sullins
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Elaine Spade on May 18th, 2014, 2:50 pm

She also glanced at Rye for a moment. He was right, Rye is just a dog. Elaine felt dumber and dumber. Socializing was never her strength but even with Clyde now? Back then it was easier for her to speak with him, now she just didn't know. She just let that thought go and hoped she could do better than that. This already didn't go as well as she planned.

Hearing that he was already possessed by someone better made her curious. Then the unpleasent memories came when Clyde mentioned her name. Kouri. "Yeah I had the pleasent privilege to meet with her." she said sarcastically. "And yes she is better in controlling her soulmist. And I think I even made her a little upset..." She felt sorry for her till now but she was actually annoyed by the fact what she has done with Clyde.

She paid her attention to the staff now. It could interact with ghosts? Odd. She really needed to catch up with him later. Though she didn't even think about to touch it. She learned from Clyde that magic is dangerous even for the dead. "Alright."

She went closer to Clyde, took a last glance at him and then with her soulmist she invaded his body. Entering in everyway she could. And she was inside of him once more. She was fighting against Clyde's body but with Clyde's control over his body it was easier. She could communicate with him now inside. "Okay Clyde, whenever you feel... more comfortable with this state, we can probably try to synchronize our moves a bit."
Elaine Spade
Player

Character sheet

Postby Clyde Sullins on May 20th, 2014, 9:43 pm

Clyde looked back at Elaine, a bit surprised to learn that she knew of Kouri, and had met her before. It was odd to think that ghosts went about socializing and meeting each other. But then they likely had more in common than the living, so perhaps it was not such an odd thing.

"Yeah I had the pleasent privilege to meet with her. And yes she is better in controlling her soulmist. And I think I even made her a little upset..."

Clyde was not too surprised to hear that Elaine had upset Kouri. The young ghost was strong, and did not seem to have much self control. She seemed the type to easily lash out and attack if the mood suited her, or if she was put into a mood. Clyde was not the best at reading tones, but perhaps there was more to her words than simply their content. Or perhaps he was reading to much into it. But for a moment, Clyde had been crossed by the inkling that she was jealous of Kouri. How odd to think that the ghost stalking him was upset by another ghost possessing him... Or was she upset of the actions that had occurred during the possession?

"Alright."

And with that, Elaine rushed into him, met him, invaded him at a deep level. Possession was not a pleasant experience for a host, and it often left him feeling sore. At his current level there was not much he could do while being possessed. He had learned how to fight the impulse to expel the ghost instantly, which was only really a possibility when dealing with the lowest levels of possessors. Along with that he had learned how to freeze his body and to stop a ghost from taking actions...

But beyond that he could do nothing, could not truly guide or control his own body or actions. Although he could advise the ghost in the use of his body, speaking in his mind to it.

However along with the chill of being possessed, there was also another sense, a odd one. As she rushed into him, Clyde's mind slipped back to that of his staff. Without it in his hand, he felt oddly vulnerable, naked, even though he was a strong wizard without it. As he thought about it, a image of it flashed into his mind. Along with it he could see Rye, and the dirt upon which they both rested. The image only lasted for a moment, as soon as his concentration was broken by the cool wave of soulmist the image shattered and vanished.

However that was not the oddest part... For along with the image, he had felt a vague tugging in the direction which the staff lay. As if he had sensed it, and had been pointed to it. However he was unable to puzzle this over further as his thoughts were interrupted by Elaine.

"Okay Clyde, whenever you feel... more comfortable with this state, we can probably try to synchronize our moves a bit."

Clyde tried to let out a sigh, but instead he choked on it, unable to move his mouth.

Quickly he thought at Elaine, willing her into action with his words.

Breath Elaine! Breath! Don't forget. Take a breath in, hold it, and slowly let it out, and then repeat. Just breath and calm yourself!

Normally it was not such an immediate issue, but Clyde had made a key error in this possession. He had exhaled right before being possessed, and had his inhale interrupted by the possession. That meant that as Elaine took over he had no air in his lungs, and was holding an exhale. This meant almost immediately he felt the pull at his lungs, the need for air clawing at his throat and chest.

Clyde did not want to attempt to kick Elaine out so fast, but if she did not act fast he would have to so he did not pass out from lack of air.

Clydes Stuff

Clyde Sullins
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Elaine Spade on May 24th, 2014, 9:46 am

She noticed that Clyde has some trouble with the possession. She forgot how hard it was for even Anna to hold her body still and even sycrhonize moves. But she did as Clyde asked. It was better if she don't share the body with him for now but she take control of it to make it easier for Clyde. "Okay Clyde, you focus on your body to not push me out and I'll control your body a bit."

She said and found it also strange how breathing would calm Elaine. She didn't get any advantages of it. But she forgot that matter. She was trying to imagine that Clyde's body's was hers and tried to remember the breathing they did when he was meditating. She took a breath for Clyde's lungs, hold it and slowly blow it out. Then did the same again. "Better?" She asked, but she felt that his body was a bit eased.

And now was the test for his trust, will he allow her to gain control over his body. She couldn't do much but still... "If you allow me, I'll try and make a few steps with your legs. I won't hurt you! Just one-two steps, you can also get more familiar with this state at least." She tried to convience she didn't know if she was succesful though. Neverless she was attempting to move his left leg to make one step forward. Depended on Clyde if she could really move it.
Elaine Spade
Player

Character sheet

Postby Clyde Sullins on May 24th, 2014, 1:08 pm

"Okay Clyde, you focus on your body to not push me out and I'll control your body a bit."

Clyde responded with the mental equivalent of a nod, giving Elaine permission. He even repeated the gesture a few times rapidly, signifying the fact that he wanted her to hurry up.

When she finally breathed in through his mouth and took in the first lungful of air, Clyde reveled in the cool sweet taste of it. The air was no nicer than before, but his lungs were so hungry for it the need magnified the pleasure he derived from it. Elaine of course could not feel this, could not feel his need of air nor feel any different when the air was given and breathing resumed. But perhaps she could feel his sense of satisfaction at taking in the first breath, a sense that lessened on each progressive inhalation of air till Clyde once more felt nothing special about the air coming in.

"Better?"

Clyde nodded, thinking towards Elaine.

Yes, definitely, I forgot to breath and hold it in before you took control, so I had no air in my lungs when you took over. Its funny how such a small mess up in timing can cause such a big effect. I'll not be making that mistake again...

"If you allow me, I'll try and make a few steps with your legs. I won't hurt you! Just one-two steps, you can also get more familiar with this state at least."

Clyde nodded mentally once more, wondering why Elaine felt the need to ask permission before each act. If Clyde did not trust her enough in her possession to not do anything bad, he would not have set aside his staff and accepted her into him in the first place.

Of course Elaine, I trust you, why would I let you possess me if I did not? You don't need to ask before each thing you do.

As he thought however about the staff he had set aside, so as to not interfere with the possession, a image of it bloomed in his mind, overlaying his own sight for a moment. He once more saw the staff lying on the ground next to Rye. At the same time he felt the odd tugging sensation towards where the staff was lying.

The image only lasted for a tick or two, just a few moments, but was enough to show Clyde it was not some fluke. Clearly there was some aspect of the staff at work he had yet to learn of.

Clydes Stuff

Clyde Sullins
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Elaine Spade on May 24th, 2014, 1:31 pm

She felt awkward, but in the same time a bit better. It was true though, he wouldn't have let her inside of him he wouldn't trust her probably. Which made feel her better but in the same time she felt bad for asking everytime she wanted to do something. Though now she knew she didn't have to and she could easily make the step with Clyde. Left foot, and now she was trying to move the right one. She stepped with that too. Learning how to walk again.

She again stepped with the left foot again. She was happy, it was like she was walking herself. But when she would make another step she got distracted. An odd sensation got into her mind. Was it Clyde? Then the quick flash image of the staff appeared in her mind. "Clyde? Did you feel that?"

She asked and she realized that she was about to run out of power. Though she tried to get back of control and make a few more steps with him. Right Foot, Left foot, right foot, left foot. She was enjoying herself. Didn't even bother that it was Clyde's body. But her power didn't long last. When she was attempting to make another step, she instead came out from Clyde which suprised her for a moment.

"Oops.. I guess that's it." she said and turned out. She was smiling, it was quite fun for her. Then she took a quick look at the staff. It was magical, she was sure now. "Clyde, what kind of item you have there?"
Elaine Spade
Player

Character sheet

Postby Clyde Sullins on May 24th, 2014, 1:52 pm

"Clyde? Did you feel that?"

Clyde could not help but grin for a moment as she asked it. Clearly he had, otherwise she would not have seen it. A spiritist/spirit possession was always a odd thing, but he did not think either of them had the ability to normally pull up images of objects that they could not see... At least not in that particular way. Clyde could do something vaguely similar with Auristics, which he had with Kouri, but this was different.

He did not have the chance to answer though as Elaine continued onward, trying to take awkward steps as a toddler might, using his body to walk forward.

"Oops.. I guess that's it."

Perhaps she was simply weak, or perhaps it was the activity, or perhaps it was even the image of the staff popping up and distracting her, but the possession ended quickly, far more quickly than Clyde had expected. He had thought there prior excercises in possession had lasted longer, and that since both of them where getting better they could keep it going longer... But perhaps as he had supposed she was simply weak, and did not have the strength to continue it.

It had been awhile since he had given her that bit of soulmist, and though she had said she had another source perhaps she did not have access to it to often.

But his mind was turned form that thought by Elaine's next question after leaving him.

"Clyde, what kind of item you have there?"

Clyde let out a sigh, and waved his hand in the direction of the staff.

“Well as I said, it is a staff that can interact with ghosts, among other things.”

“Its a Magic Staff, which by the way is a specific thing, not just a random stick imbued with some random form of magic. A True Magic Staff is a rare item made through Magecrafting, a magic I practice. It more or less becomes an extension of the wizard who is connected to it, in this case myself. Apparently it also has... Other abilities.”

“Anyways, it allows me to use my magic through it, kind of like an additional limb, though one made of magically reinforced and strengthened wood. And I also used a small bit of soulmist from that other ghost, Kouri, for an additional effect which made it possible for the staff to interact with ghosts as I said.”

Clyde turned back to his staff, which was still sitting before Rye as he had left it, and as he had seen in his "vision" of it.

“I have yet to work out all of the abilities of it however, and apparently an additional one is being able to... See it? Or vaguely sense it or something. I'm not quite sure, I'll have to look it up to find the correct terms. I know how to make Magic Staffs, but I don't know too much of their lore, of what they can do beyond the basic I just said. Apparently by working with it over time I have now managed to open yet another of its unique abilities as a Magic Staff. Or I've begun to.”

Clydes Stuff

Clyde Sullins
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Next