Closed [Ruby's Scarlet Sanctum] Friends in High End Places (Gad)

Maybe this job is more useful than anyone might've thought...

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A lawless town of anarchists, built on the ruins of an ancient mining city. [Lore]

Moderator: Morose

[Ruby's Scarlet Sanctum] Friends in High End Places (Gad)

Postby Kaie on May 20th, 2014, 8:47 pm

88th Day of Spring, 514 AV
19th Bell

With Akajia's reign nearing with every gradual slip of Syna from the horizon, the shadows signalling nightfall had exuberantly begun to stretch and dance across the city streets. Taverns were filled with boisterous drunks and street corners were crowded by shady packs of strangers. The brothels were certainly not neglected by Sunberth's denizens either, especially Ruby's Scarlet Sanctum. It was a quaint, high end sort of establishment despite the nature of the business. The building itself didn't fair much better than any of the other ramshackle clusters, but the brothel's owner ensured the interior told a far different story. Furniture scattered about the place hinted toward luxury, and the cascades of lush fabrics whispered empty promises about the lifestyles of an upper class. The incense that burned was both soothing and arousing all at once, playing its own part in the lavished experience the whore house swore to provide. Those were all minor details of course. The showroom was what really separated the Scarlet Sanctum from the rest of the bordellos.

The room was expansive and open, a wide room crowded with filled seats all pointing in the same direction. Oil lamps burned low upon the side tables while all attention was focused on the extravagantly illuminated stage. Bare chested men with black bow-ties and flattering pants serviced the audience with drinks. Women would pass through the heavy curtain and perform dances and burlesque. The nightly event was so well organized and executed, one might forget exactly where they were. Let it not be confused though, every performer and serviceman was up for sale like common merchandise. And like all goods in Sunberth, guards were hired and stationed about to ensure no harm came to Ruby's prized investments. That's where Kaie came in.

It had been in her first few days in Sunberth that a trusted friend, Matthew, had peeled the Myrian off the streets and into the Scarlet Sanctum. Ruby had graciously allowed her to room with the harlot freely in exchange for her service as a bouncer. Naturally the position and location were a far cry from ideal, but she hadn't really been in a place to refuse the offer. So there she was, dressed up in one of Ruby's new lethal designs at the back corner of the room. Her simple leather vest had been exchanged for a tight, black one that accentuated her chest and laced up the sides of her rib cage, and a pair shorts of the same color. Uncomfortable was certainly an understatement, but the gladius worn upon her right hip maintained what was left of her sanity.

Can't wait to get this petching thing off, Kaie thought grimly, amber eyes blazing across the audience as the first girl stepped across the stage in something resembling expensive rags. Another bell of this and I'm going to forgot how to breathe dammit. Several chimes of gyrating and wolf whistles later, the savage finally moved from her spot in the shadows to maneuver closer for a security sweep. Nothing too imposing or obstructive for the viewers, just across the last row and down one side. Then it would be back to the door for what she assumed would be another uneventful bell. Still, her right hand never left the handle of her blade. She could've be in need of it sooner than she thought.

Kaie
Player

Words: 1635197
Joined roleplay: May 9th, 2013, 3:13 am
Race: Myrian
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 7
Featured Character (1) Overlored (1)
Donor (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
One Million Words! (1) Riverfall Seasonal Challenge (1)
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Gad on May 24th, 2014, 10:03 pm

Gad recoiled from the swift smack to the cheek. It paralleled the one he'd just given to the serving girl's soft undercarriage. "I'm not a piece of meat, you little creep. Just because I work here doesn't mean I work here, I serve drinks, that's all. So, mind your hands, sicko." Gad rubbed his face with a grin.

Coulda fooled me, heh, I mean, whaddya call a broad who works in a whorehouse? Ovek preserve me, they're all saving up for a boat ride to Zeltiva these days, isn't it so? Every hooker's got a heart of gold. He shrugged and leaned back in the lush, but no doubt storied, cushioned seat. His intention was to watch the show. He'd spent most of the season working, whether for the Scars, or for his bread, but either was he was looking to enjoy a little rest and relaxation. Of course, I wouldn't be writing about this day in particular if that's what was actually going to happen. The wannabe wizard rested his head on his arms, but his eye caught the glimmer of a familiar face trolling through the dark corners, and he had to do a double take. Was that- ? It was, wasn't it? May as well go say 'hi'. Gad pulled himself to his feet and charted a line through the dusky bordello to the familiar figure.

As he approached he could make out she was wearing a skimpy leather outfit, not too different from the serving girl. He grinned, not necessarily from the view but just from the idea of it. He'd only had a few run ins with Kaie, but from what he gathered this wasn't exactly her style. He was close enough now to see her hand resting on the short-sword of hers and a sour and bored look drawn across her face, but she hadn't spotted him yet, so maybe he could sneak up on her. A woman in pink "clothes" walked by, with a large pink, feather fan, and wearing a pink turban adorned similarly with large pink feathers. Just as she passed, Gad got an idea and gently plucked one of the long feathers out of her headdress, without the girl knowing. He then set his sights back on Kaie who was pacing around. Gad at first thought she was nervous but then started to reason that it was probably her job. Gad managed to get with in range without catching her attention, and then he extended the feather and brushed it across her ear. "Excuse me? Girl? Yes, I'd like to let you know that room seven is just a mess, it's despicable. I don't know what kind of establishment you lot are running here but I at least expect the goats to be removed before I'm rented it out for my private arrangements." Then, coyly. "Wha? You? What's a savage like you doing in a high-class establishment like this?"

He hoped she wouldn't take it personally, but he doubted that anyways. All of the Scars he'd met had been mostly laid back, or at least they could take a joke. Gad was beginning to genuinely like some of them, even. Well, as much as you could like a band a murderous misfits with a passion for gang busting and endangering your life. Gad himself was still ambivalent to the Scar's cause. On the one hand, it was nice to have a collective at your back when it was time to cause some ruckus, but on the other the notion that they might not be there when that ruckus came back around made him nervous. Still, most of the Scars had a penchant for keeping a low profile, something Gad valued highly in any associate. And it wasn't like their personal war with the Daggerhand was hurting him any. On the contrary, he was beginning to see the abolition of Sunberth's most public gang as something of an opportunity. Which, for him, was where the real conflict came in. Bitzer, Web, Senghor, the rest, they all had their ideas about which way the gang was supposed to go, Gad was sure of that much. What kind of opportunity they saw it as, now that might be cause for conflict. But, maybe a conflict for a different day. For now, maybe he could steal a moment of Kaie's time, and he might not have to face down any underworld types today. Probably not though.
Last edited by Gad on May 27th, 2014, 6:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Retired.
Gad
Gone

Words: 265579
Joined roleplay: January 27th, 2013, 2:07 am
Race: Ghost

Postby Kaie on May 27th, 2014, 4:09 am

"Pigs! Every one of them!" A familiar serving girl shrieked at Kaie as she stormed by, her face scrunched up in obvious displeasure. The Myrian's brow rose in surprise and she immediately turned toward the woman. Pink lips parted to make an inquiry, but the girl was ranting once again before she had a chance to make so much as a sound. "The bastard was over there by that chair. I don't know where he went now. Gods petch them all." And then she was gone, her face once more morphed to a mask of cool sex appeal, hips swaying in a rhythm as she sauntered back to her business. Kaie on the other hand was obliged to take interest in the painfully mediocre situation at hand. Amber eyes drifted toward the cushion that had been pointed out to her, but alas the girl was right. Whoever the man was, he was long gone from the seat and too many lingered nearby for her to discriminate.

The savage shook her head slowly and continued her sweep as if the girl had never interrupted it. Her sights drifted from one seated patron to the next, watching their eyes gleam fiercely with lust as one of the new girls gyrated on stage. A sickness pooled within her at the very sight. The women here were objectified, used, and the cycle was repeated infinitely. Kaie's very presence and involvement with the trade felt wrong considering the nature of her culture, and the matriarchal environment in which Falyndar as a whole thrived. Sure, the men at Ruby's were rented no differently than the girls, but in her mind it wasn't quite the same. To her, the female was always the dominate gender. The barbarian world had always managed to flip that belief right on its head, and the woman from these strange dirts did themselves no favors to stop it.

Suddenly her thoughts were slaughtered with the sensation of an unanticipated tickle upon her ear, which she dutifully responded to with a wild spin and the shine of her gladius as if left its prison in haste. When she saw the man and heard the familiar voice, however, her eyes dilated in shock and the blade was unwillingly shoved back into its sheath. An amused grin slipped upon her features and her arms folded across her chest.

"You're mistaken. The girls you ordered were replaced by goats on purpose. My employers didn't see it fit to waste their valuable time on the likes of you," She shot back just as quickly, arching a brow mockingly in his direction. Her amber eyes blazed across his figure and a small laugh followed. "A Myrian like me is trying to pretend to make an honest living on the side. And what about you? Is drinking and whoring your only past time or do you have a real job, Gad?" Kaie gestured for him to walk with her and then spun back toward her path once more. Her steps were slow and deliberate, eyes returning to concentrate on being watchful of the audience.

"One of Ruby's girls complained to me about a man just a chime before. That wasn't your doing was it? Judging by our brief meeting at the tavern you've proven yourself rather...forward." Naturally she knew just as well that any man in that room could've caused the issue. Men and women were always getting handsy with the employees. Luckily Kaie hadn't had the honor of such attention quite yet. Still, she had no qualms about dishing jibes and accusations back the man's way.

Kaie
Player

Words: 1635197
Joined roleplay: May 9th, 2013, 3:13 am
Race: Myrian
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 7
Featured Character (1) Overlored (1)
Donor (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
One Million Words! (1) Riverfall Seasonal Challenge (1)
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Alyra on August 9th, 2014, 11:36 pm

Kaie :
Skills
Socialization 1

Lores
  • Ruby: Gracious Businesswoman
  • Gad: Not Worth the Time

Penalties & Awards
N/A

Additional Comments :
Too bad this was never finished...I would have liked to see the two of you banter. I couldn't find too much to give you, Kaie, so let me know if you see something that I might've missed. If Gad ever happens to come out of retirement, then I'll be happy to update with his grade.

Don't forget to delete your request from the queue and, of course, if you have any questions or concerns about your grade, feel free to send me a PM so we can get everything straightened out!

Thoughts ~.~ Common ~.~ Tukant (0000BF) ~.~ Kontinese (FFFFFF)
Piraen
Alyra
Player

Words: 70686
Joined roleplay: August 21st, 2012, 7:52 pm
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes