[The Great Bazaar] Criminal Minds Think Alike [Open]

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

Postby Ash'eny on September 28th, 2010, 12:32 am

OOCGray, would you mind kind of keeping to a posting cycle please? It gets a little confusing when you're posting every other post and everyone else is posting in turn.

As expected, the Isur did indeed follow Ash'eny's movements. Be it curiosity, confusion, or hope of something that Ash'eny probably didn't have to offer (or did he?), Eanos followed. He remained standing as Ash'eny comforted himself on the ground and assumed his typical style of rest, 'Beggar Style' in a sense. Hood drawn over his head, cloak pulled over to hide the body. There was little more to see at first glance than the dirt smeared face.

As Eanos spoke, Ash'eny lifted his head, as if not particularly seeing him follow, as if he didn't intentionally draw Eanos to him to begin with. A ploy, no doubt, to make this little meeting seem a typical 'man meets beggar' moment. He held out his hand, as if to beg for more, but his eyes betrayed that intention, as did the faint smile. "I couldn't agree more friend. However, it is in the interest of some to examine the morality behind methods of obtaining pay." Ash'eny paused as he shook his head and pulled his arm back in his cloak, obviously to appear like he was denied by anybody that was possibly watching from far away. He also shot a glance at the man with the metallic trinkets, along, methodical glance, as if trying to just know what the man was doing. He glanced back to Eanos.

"You're not the man I'm looking for. My apologies. If you wish your coin back, I will offer it to you. I have little need for it. However..." Ash'eny glanced around again, catching a glimpse of Sasin watching them from a not-too-far location. He stood up and pulled his head close to Eanos, whispering faintly in his ear. "Eanos," Ash'eny spoke the name that he heard the Isur use when confronting the salesman. "It would be wise of you to not mention this conversation to anybody, as well as anybody you met breaking the law (which was Ash'eny of course; begging was illegal). There is a benefit to having friends on the street." Ash'eny stepped back again, giving another glance at Sasin, or at least where he was, assuming he didn't move that is.

As he stood back a few paces, Ash'eny picked up his voice slightly above the average volume of speech. "Thankee kindly young sir. You've a heart of gold! Heart of gold! Thankee, thankee..." Ash'eny lowered himself back to the ground again, faking some sort of faint insanity as he began mumbling to himself, huddling inside his cloak to the best of his abilities, and watched Eanos from his little seat on the ground.

Hopefully he wasn't a foolish man.
Ash'eny
Thief of Hearts

Words: 195301
Joined roleplay: June 4th, 2010, 8:17 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Eanos on September 28th, 2010, 11:32 am

The beggar seemed at ease as he spoke, though surprised perhaps that he'd found a benefactor interested enough to follow him. Act or fact? At face value it was hard to be sure and yet Eanos was comfortable enough with the assumption that it was act that he made no attempt to verify it.

"The coin is yours," he replied to the rather cryptic comment which the beggar made. Perhaps he was wrong, perhaps after all the man was surprised to be followed and had made an alternate conclusion as to Eanos's reasons.

The man spoke in riddles, that much was clear, and it was something which Eanos had encountered before, though not in this city. Which conclusions to draw? Safer to draw none and to keep an open mind and to reserve his trust and speak in riddles of his own.

"My mistake as to the service, and if you need not the coin then I'm sure you can find someone more deserving of it in turn. His voice was not as loud as the closing statement from the beggar but still loud enough to be heard by those who had come to stand nearby. The man knew his name, like as not he also then knew where to find the Isur. No mention of illegality had been made, though Eanos was unaware of the legal status of begging in this city, but the whispered comment he thought meant that both knew where the other stood.

Time would tell.

He made to move away only to find himself in a new conversation. He turned to face the young man, gazing up at him and keeping his back to the beggar as though that had been but a passing meeting of no import.

"Isurian steel?" The question made him smile but he did not laugh out loud for that would be mocking an innocent question. "If you are looking for Isurian steel then I know of only two men in the city who can provide what you are looking for, and since you are talking to me, there is no need to look further."

He glanced aside at Sasin, and shook his head, denying the claim and wondering if he hadn't seen him but a moment ago. "I thought it was someone I knew." He turned his attention back to Grayzdo. "My steel is cheap for Isurian steel, but no Isurian steel is cheap. What was it that you were looking for?"
Eanos
Overgiven Magesmith

Words: 443521
Joined roleplay: March 22nd, 2010, 2:38 pm
Race: Isur
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 4
Featured Character (1) Peer Reviewer (1)
Donor (1) 2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Nyahna Sasin on September 30th, 2010, 2:12 pm

" 'Spose you want to sell me something instead?"

He raised an eyebrow at this accusation. "Of course not. I'm just saying" he added in a lower voice "these people are not what they appear to be."

It appeared he had been incorrect about the Isurian being occupied, and, shrugging, took a step back. He glanced curiously at the beggar, wondering just what was going on?
Nyahna Sasin
The snakepuppy assassin

Words: 164919
Joined roleplay: December 21st, 2009, 8:24 am
Blog: View Blog (2)
Race: Dhani
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Grayzdo Briety on October 1st, 2010, 12:53 am

The tall man sighed adjusted his cloak and while twiddling his thumbs said "Don't spose 20 mizas a day would get me much Isur ssssteel" he stretched the sound of the S longer nervous and embarrased about the wage he made.

Once he responded to the Isur he bent down to come head to head with Sasin so he could speak in a low voice in his ear. "Perhaps your quite dumb to be telling meh this." He then raised back up to the heigh of 6 foot 3 and looked over to Asheny looking him up and down. "This beggar your friend anyways?"
Grayzdo Briety
Novice Disguiser

Words: 12937
Joined roleplay: May 26th, 2010, 10:30 pm
Character sheet

Postby Ash'eny on October 4th, 2010, 6:23 am

Ash'eny looked up at Eanos before he turned and moved away, a smirk on his face was ever present. "Perhaps I'll have use for you in the future, Eanos. You seem to be in a partnering business as myself. Never know when I could use your business. I foresee another meeting soon." Ash'eny removed his gaze from the Isur (whom Ash'eny simply assumed was a very short human) to Sasin. He was still watching. This was beginning to get eerie. Ash'eny was already drawing too much attention to himself, he would have to leave soon, empty handed too. Well, he did acquire some coin, but his true goal was unachieved, and the longer he was here, the more unlikely it became.

"It is of no concern to you, stranger, whom befriends whom. We could be siblings, friends, acquaintances, co-workers, or business partners. Again, it is not of your concern." Ash'eny looked around, there were three men hovering around him for too long of a time. He had to go, it was getting too uncomfortable to be here. He wouldn't leave the bazaar yet, he had more observing to do, but he had to move around.

"I should go. Ash'eny stood up and moved past Grayzdo, Sasin, and Eanos. He didn't particularly try to conceal himself as he moved through the crowd and moved towards a table of cloths and fabrics, a place that was fairly easy to watch the same area he had been.
Ash'eny
Thief of Hearts

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Eanos on October 4th, 2010, 10:13 am

Eanos felt no more comfortable in the relatively crowded space than Asheny had and he certainly felt no desire to continue the meeting as it were. What needed to be said had been said, the man knew where to find him and in the very unlikely event that Eanos might want to contact him it was likely that he could find him around here somewhere.

"Twenty mizas a day would get you as much steel as you wanted so long as you were willing to save up for it." He shrugged the problem off, which was easy for him to do since it wasn't his problem. "The cost depends on what you want, and whether that is worth paying for will depend on what you intend to use it for. If having Isurian steel will mean that you stay alive then you have to ask what price that is worth. There are always ways to earn money if a man is motivated enough."

It was uncomfortable to crane his head up to talk to such a tall man and it was indeed time to move on since there didn't seem to be any immediate deal to be done.

"If you want to discuss this again then give some thought to how important it is to you and then come and find me at the Ironworks."

Unless the man spoke again in a way that would cause him to stay then he nodded to the two of them and stepped away.
Eanos
Overgiven Magesmith

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Nyahna Sasin on October 9th, 2010, 6:55 am

He only smirked. "Maybe I am." he murmured. "On the other hand.." He smirked. This man... he had that look. The look of one who didn't earn his living entirely honestly. "Our type have to stick together. "

He glanced at the isurian, then at the beggar, then at the human. This was turning out to be quite the day. He smirked. As interesting as this had been, he had work to do.

Turning, Sasin melted back into the crowd, already seeking his next target.
Nyahna Sasin
The snakepuppy assassin

Words: 164919
Joined roleplay: December 21st, 2009, 8:24 am
Blog: View Blog (2)
Race: Dhani
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Grayzdo Briety on October 10th, 2010, 8:29 am

Being as the beggar and the short man had left he said to the Isurian "No I don't really want to give you any of my mizas I'd rather kill you and take all your metal". After saying this Grayzdo did the same thing as sasin and looked around for a target to pickpocket and then he approached and cut their purse strings slipping mizas into his pocket he looked about for his next target.
Grayzdo Briety
Novice Disguiser

Words: 12937
Joined roleplay: May 26th, 2010, 10:30 pm
Character sheet

Postby Ash'eny on October 10th, 2010, 5:20 pm

OOCThis thread is getting a bit crazy. I think I'm gonna end Ash'eny's presence right here. I'm interested in doing more threads, but perhaps with a little organization or something. :P Have fun kiddies

Ash'eny continued to examine from afar. Eanos, a name he would not soon forget, was now locked in his memory. Grayzdo, a person who seemed somewhat familiar, remained unnamed, yet his actions did not pass by Ash'eny's eyes. Another mental note, Grayzdo would have to be watched. Sasin too, though he felt an odd sensation from that one, almost a nervous excitement. Sasin was a good thief, like himself. It was odd to feel that about someone in an almost friendly manner.

Still, Ash'eny left the Great Bazaar in no real hurry. He committed no crime worthy of attention, begging of course was illegal but not often addressed, he could leave without worry.
Ash'eny
Thief of Hearts

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Eanos on October 10th, 2010, 6:13 pm

It seemed that he was dealing with an idiot, but Eanos would never assume that even idiots were not capable of being a threat. It wouldn't be the first time that someone thought that short term gain was better than a larger gain in the uncertain future.

He marked the tall man down as one to watch, but he dismissed the comment as either the raving of a madman or an attempt to distract him. In either case there was no reason to stay and so he withdrew with an eye on his recent acquaintances and left the bazaar behind.
Eanos
Overgiven Magesmith

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

PreviousNext