Completed A Touching Message

Ricky receives a unusual letter that turns out to be a touching farewell.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Center of scholarly knowledge and shipwrighting, Zeltiva is a port city unlike any other in Mizahar. [Lore]

A Touching Message

Postby Ricky Maze on June 1st, 2014, 3:42 am

A Touching Message
Spring 54th 514 AV, 17th Bell

The day was long as Ricky trekked up the staircase that led him to the second floor of the building complex, Spring had started to reach the half point and sure enough the cool days were behind Zeltiva as the soft warmth of the later season started to settle in the bay. For Ricky today had been another day in which everything seemed to flow regular, the same busy schedule he followed had the happen of repetition as though it were by all means tradition now. Of course tradition itself was something Ricky had been hardly accustomed to, seeing as how he was by far simply a fisherman doing his duty in service for the Wave Guard. When he finally entered to find the family that awaited him at home he was pleased to see that it was by far the same as it had always been, another ordinary day spent with an ordinary family as they did their usual activities to pass the time.

Telion was in a white shirt and blue skirt that were simply thrown together while Martin rested on the bed with the spoon he would always play with, though this time Telion wasn't preparing dinner as she normally would. Dinner in fact was sort of in progress but Telion had been sitting at the table with a piece of parchment and a quill, her eyes focused on some sort of green item before Ricky opened the door to greet the family that awaited him. "Welcome home dear." Telion greeted as she rose from the chair, quick to grab the excited kid that bounced on the bed as he saw his father enter the room.

"Glad t' be 'ome love." He remarked with a grin as he embraced the two, of course he then cooed at Martin some as the child would react to see his daddy home in the same usual azure garb he would leave with. "Watcha been doin love?" He finally asked as he glanced over to the parchment, Telion's face of course lightened into a sincere grin as she pulled back to bring him along, while Martin of course rested in the father's arms now.

"It's something that arrived earlier today, a message who I believe is from your Charoda friend."

"Ariann?! What's it say?" He inquired in astonishment, he hadn't expected to receive any letters recently, and of course this one being from Ariann that was by far an unusual surprise.

"That's what I've been trying to figure out," She responded as they reached the letter, the parchment she worked on a reference for possible words relevant to what she might've meant, "So far I've managed to work out what she's meant but the meaning of the message in general is more personal really. Probably because she wrote it to you." She finished with calm eyes up to Ricky, of course the fisherman's own eyes were curiously locked onto the green slip of what looked to be seaweed, and the small key Telion managed to put together in an attempt to figure out what the message could say. His own brows furrowed some as he tried to comprehend the words, and in turn his mind wondered to what the meaning in the message could be as he started to read.
Journal - Plotnotes - Announcement!
Scrapbook - Shop (Closed)- Vlogs
Credit goes to Fallon for allowing me to temper with her codings! :)
Ricky Maze
"Bottom's up!"

Words: 2035002
Joined roleplay: March 30th, 2011, 9:02 pm
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 7
Trailblazer (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) 2014 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)
2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

A Touching Message

Postby Ricky Maze on June 3rd, 2014, 10:01 pm

As he looked upon the words he noticed that not just the seaweed was used as parchment but the substance used for writing was ink, but a sloppy blotched ink that settled into the substitute parchment rather differently from the normal ink. One thing was for certain, the Charoda that sent this couldn't be any other than Ariann. For one Ricky hardly knew any other Charoda, practically just the one, and even then he hadn't expected to receive a letter from her. What was interesting about it was the message itself, as her words tried to convey their meaning in the only way she could best interpret when she first wrote this message.

DeAr Riky,

He chuckled at the missing "c" in his name, knowing very well that poor Ariann must've had a hard time trying to figure out how exactly "Ricky" was properly spelled. His brow furrowed though as he tried to read on, and occasionally he would have to look at the parchment Telion wrote on in order to connect two and two together.

Is me, AriAn. I thot it wuld be ezier if I wroAt yu thiz leddAr tu tel yu thiz.

Based on the comparison she looked to be saying the letter was in fact from her, and that it was easier to give him a message rather than tell him in person. He puffed just a bit, curious to learn as to what she couldn't tell him in person, and as to why she wasn't able to do so.

I sorrie if it iz hArd to reed. I hAve not prAgtized witing mush un yor lAnguige.

Another smile and chuckle followed, that was obviously a given based upon what he was reading. It was rather adorable all the same, yet even if it were so the point of the message had yet to be reached.

I wAntud tu tull yu thAt I Am leevine ZeltivA. For A long wyul. I dont no If I will retArn Ad All...

That was the harder part, and even when he looked to see how Telion deciphered it nothing really helped much. She hadn't fully gotten to that part of the letter it seems, yet all the same Ricky wasn't going to just give up and wait for her to finish. He was curious now and this letter served as a puzzle to be solved. Wanted, tell, that Oi am... Leevine? Sounds like leavin' sort o'... Zeltiva. Leavin' Zeltiva. The furrow in his brow deepened as he took a more personal interest in the note then, a slight chuckle came from Telion as she watched him mull over the message further. Fer a long... while? Fer a long while, and Oi don't know if Oi'll... retarn?! Return! If Oi'll return at all. He read further, hopeful to learn just why exactly she decided she would be leaving.

An if I du, we mAe nevur cee eech othAr for uh long wyul.

Another sentence that took a moment to sink in. And if Oi do, we may never see each ot'er fer... fer a long... while? Fer a long while. This was news to him indeed, by the looks of it Ariann was leaving and didn't know if she was returning. Even if she did though... they wouldn't see one another for a time. How... how sad! Why? Why was she leaving?! This demanded further reading.

I wantud to Ahpolojize foAr wut I sed to yu. I didunt meen it. I wuz gelus and sAd.

Oi wanted t'... what de petch is dat?! He raised an eyebrow at the word, rather lost at what she was trying to spell there. Oi wanted t' 'somet'in' fer what Oi... sed? Said? Fer what Oi said? Fer what Oi said t' yew... Oi wanted t' 'somet'in' fer what Oi said t' yew. Did she wanna apologize? Is dat what she meant? It was possible seeing as how she started with an "A" and then carried out the "polo" part. Pretty much the incorrect use of letters threw him off for a chime. Apologize fer what t'ough? What did she say? He had to think on it... and then he remembered. Those words she said to him that day when he first met Yuri, more or less found her and Yuri together because he decided to walk along the shores. If she wanted to apologize for that then why would she leave? Generally apologies meant facing the person, not turning the other way.

Only further reading would solve the mystery. Oi was... gel? us? gel us... sounds like jealous. She was jealous? And sad? He contemplated for a moment, then came to the conclusion he needed. She was jealous and sad because of their friendship, the relationship she would always have but never be fully satisfied with. Why? Because she felt for him more, he knew it and knew good and well that's what led her to react in such a way that day. Even so... it still hurt him to think such feelings were caused by him, even if they were beyond his control. He read over the next and last bit of the message, determined to read this heartbreaking letter to it's end.

I steil Am, I thingk, but I dont kAre Anymor. I luv yu, in A speziAl wAe.

FAer wel,
AriAn

Steil... Oi steil am... steal? No... He pondered on it, thinking Oi still am after almost half a chime passed. Oi still am Oi... t'ingk? t'ink! She meant t'ink. Oi still am Oi t'ink, but Oi dun care anymore. Oi love yew... in a... spezial? That took another half chimes worth of pondering, until at last he came to the conclusion that it was "special" and finally finished the message.

Oi love yew... in a special way. Farewell, Arian. The urge to crumple the note was strong now, denial set in his mind as he both found a whirl of emotions set in, it wasn't until he felt Telion's hand on his shoulder that he realized he'd remained a living statue hunched over the table, eyes watery as the pain of the message became evidently clear in it's meaning at last.
Journal - Plotnotes - Announcement!
Scrapbook - Shop (Closed)- Vlogs
Credit goes to Fallon for allowing me to temper with her codings! :)
Ricky Maze
"Bottom's up!"

Words: 2035002
Joined roleplay: March 30th, 2011, 9:02 pm
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 7
Trailblazer (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) 2014 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)
2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

A Touching Message

Postby Perplexity on September 27th, 2014, 9:12 pm

Ricky :
Skills:
    No skills awarded.
Loot:
  • Ariann's Letter
Lores:
  • A Letter From Ariann
    Deciphering Improper Grammar
    Ariann: Left Zeltiva
    Ariann: Amends

Comments :
D'aww! Sad notes. I awarded no Cryptography because all Ricky was doing was deciphering bad grammar. Cryptography is the art of writing and decoding script purposed to confuse and mislead those not meant to read it. If you have questions or concerns feel free to PM me at your earliest convenience.
Perplexity's Office Status

Perplexity
DS of Zeltiva, Mod Privileges in Wildlands

Words: 440795
Joined roleplay: July 11th, 2013, 11:59 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Medals: 1
Featured Contributor (1)