Open Going Once?

The Auction Hall. It is that time of the month again, A good Old Slave Acution taking place once again in the city of Kenash. Slaves of all species and animal forms coming out now. Which will you want?

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This lazy agricultural settlement rests on the swampy shores of the Middle Suvan at the delta of The Kenash River. The River's slow moving bayou waters have bred a different sort of people - rugged, cultured, and somewhat violent. Sprawling plantations of tobacco and cotton grow on the outskirts of the swamp in the rich Cyphrus soils, while the city itself curls around the bayou and spawns decadence and sins of all sorts. Life is slower in Kenash, but the lack of pace is made up for in the excesses of food and flesh in a city where drinking, debauchery, gambling, slavery, and overbearing plantation families dominate the landscape.

Moderator: Gossamer

Going Once?

Postby Ahri Czesoni on June 14th, 2014, 11:55 pm

Obediently standing in place she smiled as the young child managed to earn his own place to work, even at such a reasonable price. Chained in her place she smiled as the boy was now the fair property of a handsome young man one that much reminded her of an old owner of hers while he was still in his youth. Eager in anticipation the kelvic desperately tried to hide her embarrassment sadly the hair that once curtained her face was now pulled back. A tint of a blush made it’s way through to her tanned complexion.

I have never been so nervous in my life, I please make him or her that buys me a gentle soul. I don’t know how I could deal with anything less after my previous owners. Smiling now she wore quite a pleasant smiled. The child was unchained, she wanted to wave to him for good luck in his new life but she didn’t feel like that would be appropriated given her circumstances. Besides she still wasn’t out of the running it was quite possible that no one would want her. Hearing her warm up, from the auctioneer she stood there looking down at her feet glancing up at the crowd to await the first offer.

The one man seemed to speak up quite quickly after the first cry for her, shocking that hers would escalate so quickly. There was one or two more but the man was apparently intent on getting this kelvic. Freed from those burdensome chains she would follow the attendant to the room with the transaction now to follow her new master as best as she could.
Ahri Czesoni
Player

Words: 8926
Joined roleplay: June 8th, 2014, 2:40 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet

Going Once?

Postby Jed Radacke on June 27th, 2014, 1:59 am

oocSince Nyxie isn't replying, Tim and I are just going to pop into the back and get him branded real quick. :)

Jed was not one to give up a chance to flirt. If a woman caught his eye, he would make a point to let it be known, however the time to attract the girl's attention was not now. Jed should have known that the auction would move along quickly. It had only taken seven chimes to get through three slaves and less than a minute for his own. Before he knew it, the slaves were being filed off of the stage to get their brands and be delivered to their owners. Having never seen this process before, Jed was very keen on getting a glimpse of this event. He flashed one more smile that the redheaded beauty beside him and stood. "I apologize my Lady. I must go take care of my purchase now. I would love to continue this conversation sometime in the near future." With a wink and a shallow bow, Jed turned on his heels. A sideways glance towards Matilla told him she wouldn't move. He trusted her not to move, and it was unlikely she would get very far under the watchful eyes of the slave-dealers.

Half of the crowd had begun to depart and Jed followed suit, heading for the door that led to the many back rooms. A slave stood at the door, silently resting his eyes on the ground. His muscle made his occupation apparent, and the Sitai mark that rested upon his face showed Jed where his loyalties lay. Having witness the buy, the man knew that Jed was one of the new owners and let him through, where he would receive his slave.

The backrooms were slightly less luxurious than the outdoor hall, but still rather nice. The room Jed entered was spacious, and all the slaves stood in it. He was accompanied by four other buyers, one of which was the soft-spoken Radacke beside him. Jed grinned at the man, tossing a glance towards the thin woman he bought. "Adding to your collection Glen?" Jed turned to his own slave, letting the grin fall from it. He stood for a minute, looking at the boy. He was promptly greeted with an offer of a hand shake, which Jed gave no reaction to. This boy had a lot to learn, beginning with the fact that he was not Jed's equal. And he never will be. Had he made the right decision? Jed hoped so. Leaning down with one knee, Jed let himself be eye level with the boy who had quickly apologized and straightened up. "Whereto, sir?"

The Radacke reached one hand up to swipe a thumb over the boy's forehead, where the brand would be. The soft skin on his face was soon to be marred, the first scar he would receive. The first scar that would tear away his innocence. Jed stood before speaking. "Now you shall be marked as my slave." He spoke to the boy before turning to Marshal, where he would inquire his next question. "Marshal," He addressed the Sitai man casually, motioning towards his slave. "I'd like to oversee the branding if you don't mind?"

PC/NPC Talking -- Common -- Thoughts
Jed Radacke
Player

Words: 84223
Joined roleplay: February 19th, 2014, 1:25 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Going Once?

Postby Timothy Mered on June 27th, 2014, 4:40 am

20th Summer 514AV

His heart shot up his throat and he had to swallow it down again. The man's touch wasn't unfriendly, but his stare chilled Timothy to the bone. He had to remind himself that the brand his Master spoke so casually about would be his. Every time he did remember the impending fact, he would blink the thought away, only for it to return again in the shape of those cold, blue eyes. Like a wild wolf resting its paw on a duckling, Tim was well aware that the soft touch could turn into a vicious scratch on a whim and even after the man had let go, he could still feel the heat on his forehead, as if he'd already been marked.

"Now you shall be marked as my slave."

"No need te mark me, call me Tim. What's your name?" For a long time, the word slave had referred to others, but he'd grown accustomed to being called one now. It was his only title after all, and he carried it with some pride. At least he'd been deemed valuable and strong enough, but for what exactly? His plentiful worries converged into a single thought: what exactly had he been bought for? Was he to work the fields like he'd seen so many of the others do on his entry into Kenash? Or had he been bought for something special? A servant perhaps, or a private entertainer? A friend to this man's son, or perhaps a play thing to that very same son. Worse still, he would have to look after the man's daughter. Carry her many useless toiletries around. The thought horrified him more than anything else and he took two paces back, finding it strange to not hear a rattle accompany his step.
Last edited by Timothy Mered on June 30th, 2014, 6:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Timothy Mered
Determined

Words: 296697
Joined roleplay: June 10th, 2014, 1:43 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Medals: 1
Featured Character (1)

Going Once?

Postby Vice on June 30th, 2014, 6:16 pm

Going Once?

Obvious confusion coloured the Sitai's features as Jed Radacke looked to him and asked to 'oversee' the branding. The question was obvious enough in it of itself, but the Sitai-born had no idea why the Radacke was wasting his time with such a trivial and privately handled concern. Glen Radacke had already begun to leave with his slave, something that if the Radacke talking to Marshal had bothered to see, would immediately have saved him the embarrassment of what was to come.

The Sitai allowed a chuckle to escape his lips, keeping his tone light, superficial and rather respectful, though his words would be coloured with an obvious discontent regarding being bothered.

"Then, my dear friend, go oversee the branding at Radacke plantation. I am certain that a family of slavers, though perhaps not quite as prestigious in the trade as the Sitai are, would know that the branding of one's slave takes place in their own plantation."

The words were almost humbly spoken, the Sitai plucking a red handkerchief from one of the nearby tables as the procession of auction attenders left the area. A smile wore itself upon Marshal Sitai's lips as he rubbed the handkerchief upon the wooden body of a bench, as if intent on removing the grime of outsider from it.

"Surely your cousins have had you do it before? No? In any case, I do apologize, Mr. Radacke, but I do not possess any of the brands that would mark the slave as the property of a Radacke. Of course, if you are meaning to donate the slave to the Sitai family, I would be very willing to assist you in that endeavor. If not, then please, take your leave and enjoy your purchase."

A smile turned the Sitai's lips for the last time before he took his leave of Jed to tend to his own affairs.
Vice
Pick yer' poison~

Words: 318086
Joined roleplay: March 29th, 2014, 2:36 am
Race: Staff account
Office
Plotnotes

Going Once?

Postby Vice on July 29th, 2014, 7:35 pm

Plunder and Booty!

Name: Ahri

Secret :
XP:
  • Observation +3
Lore:
  • Purchased by a Radacke
Notes: Unfortunately, there wasn't much that I could award you. :/

Name: Timothy

Secret :
XP:
  • Observation +4
  • Socialization +1
Lore:
  • Slavery a Grand Injustice
  • Kenash: A place of Wealth
  • Marshall Sitai: Perpetrator of Madness
  • To be Marked
  • Purchased by Jed Radacke.
Notes: Well done :)

Name: Jed

Secret :
XP:
  • Observation +3
  • +2 Rhetoric
  • +2 Flirting
  • +1 Leadership
Lore:
  • Participation in an Auction
  • Winning an Auction
  • Purchase: Timothy Mered
  • Humiliation at the Hand of Marshall Sitai
  • Jed: I won't be shown up by a Freeborn!
Notes: Well done :)

Name: Nyxie

Secret :
XP:
  • Observation +1
Lore:
  • Jed: Easy on the Eyes
Notes:A shame that you vanished :( I hope to see you come back!

If you have questions or concerns regarding your grade, do not hesitate to send me a PM and I will be more than happy to discuss the reasons as to why said grade was received.

Enjoy!

Vice
Pick yer' poison~

Words: 318086
Joined roleplay: March 29th, 2014, 2:36 am
Race: Staff account
Office
Plotnotes

Previous