A Lethargic Reentry (Aka)

Evalin returns to Zinrah after her little venture to pick up a few items.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The unassuming den of the Constrictor Dhani, it is truly a pit of snakes. Travelers should take care, because the Dhani are always hungry... [Lore]

Postby Evalin on June 10th, 2014, 5:12 am

9th of Summer, 514 AV

The venture had been wonderfully successful. The items, stored away so long ago, had been just where she had left them. Cast away they were, relics from an old life, from an old personality. They were a reminder... They belonged to Evalin. They were the last thing she required, to solidify her identify.

Evalin could not help the smile that lit her lips as she wandered down the twisting caverns. Around her shoulders she wore the blue steel cloth cloak, crafted by none other than Rayage hershelf. Flexible as a wool cloak, with all the strength of steel. It was a wonder of alchemy, and the symbol of the Ouroboros stitched into the back. Around her neck the twin slavers with wooden snake heads at their ends, crusher and snapper. The cloth was alchemically modified to be as strong as iron, and the scarves themselves were fantastically crafted golems that would respond to her every command. For now, however, they were silent and lay completely still wrapped around her neck, the heads hanging down over her chest. Her hood was up, hiding her face in shadows, her staff in hand and upon her right hand the bone ring which had a very interesting effect. All of this, together, made Evalin feel... powerful. Like herself.

How wonderful it is, to be complete once more. To be Evalin, as she was always meant to be."

Ever is it so my Master... Ever is it so.

The nuit chuckled and touched the icy gem at her neck, Perhaps you feel I should thank you for what you have done? amusement flickered through their bond and that closeness brought to Evalin's mind an image of the Familiar smiling with her own lips, Arrogant bastard you are. Never shall I thank you. But she laughed just the same.

As she walked Evalin began to notice something odd. The Dhani, all of them, all that she passed were... sleeping? No, not quite sleeping, but lounging about, coiled here and there but those that were active were lethargic at best. Curious as it was, Evalin chose instead to pay it no mind, heading directly toward the Scarlet Cavern, to Aka, to the little Viper who played Mistress. It was with her blessing that Evalin had gone in search of these items, and so it was only fitting that she come to offer her greeting to show her gratitude for the girl's kindness.

Kindness... The word made the nuit sneer. As if she cared at all for the girl's kindness. Once more she was Evalin, and to Evalin there were no friends, there was no such thing as love. There were only tools. Tools to be used, broken and then tossed aside. The little Mistress had been very useful to her. Evalin was almost sorry to see her usefulness coming to an end.

"Mistress, I return." Evalin said as she stepped into the cavern, pushing back her hood and leaning on her staff, "I come now to greet my love and offer tales of my journey. And to hear of what has transpired while I was away."

Words519

Last edited by Evalin on June 16th, 2014, 6:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImage

Wretched Aura: As a Wretched One Evalin possesses an unnatural aura about her that causes unease in those who get too close. It can come as a prickle of the hair on the back of the neck, a sense of 'wrongness' about her. How people experience it is different depending on their personality and how they handle the unnatural and unknown. Animals tend to become more agitated, more easily sensing how wrong Evalin is and often avoiding contact with her.
Evalin
The Immortal Witch

Words: 1033971
Joined roleplay: March 20th, 2012, 4:05 am
Race: Nuit
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 7
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Trailblazer (1) Overlored (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Zinrah Seasonal Challenge (1)
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Soshakuakamamushi on June 10th, 2014, 5:50 pm

Common Snake-Tongue Arumenic

As Evalin entered the lavish red-hued cavern, the Nuit would not find the mistress anywhere in the living room, kitchen, hotsprings, or any other place... save for her bedchamber, where Aka was tossing restlessly here and there, her eyes clenched shut and cold sweat trickling from her forehead, on her pale skin, everywhere. Her hair was untied and disheveled and her simple black robe was horribly disfigured, the bulge on her belly indicated the unborn snakelings she held in her stomach.

So deep in her restless trance, Aka would not notice Evalin's arrival until it was about thirty ticks, where the Viper slowly opened her eyes drowsily then she shifted into a sitting position, her movements noticeably slower compared to the usually swift Viper, due to the combined efforts lethargy and pregnancy, "E... eva?" Aka rubbed her eyes, as if not believing Evalin was there and her eyes were playing tricks on her.

Dumbed down by the sloth plague, Aka extended her right hand to rub at Evalin's cheeks, confirming that the hooded girl in front of her was indeed the Nuit, she absently did it for about five ticks before Aka promptly hugged her, "Oh... I misss you ssso much..." Her words were slurred and her tone was sleepy, but her body had enough rest and refused to sleep, this tug of war between mental and physical was torturing the Viper. "I... uh..." Aka released Evalin then motioned for the Nuit to sit beside her on the bed, "I'm sssorry... It'sss jussst..." Aka lay back down, the back of her left hand on her forehead, "I don't know what isss going on... d-did you sssee it? Everyone?" She became bad at explaining, with each word that escaped her lips, Aka sounded more and more tired, "P-pleassse do sssomething about it... Eva," She looked up at the Nuit with begging slitted eyes, "Help me..."

Of course she would love to hear Evalin's tales, but... with her current condition, even the most interesting of literacy would cause her to fall asleep within chimes. Curse this plague, curse everything!

"common" | "snake-tongue" | "arumenic" | thoughts

Important Note: Aka is currently pregnant (with eggs, being a Dhani) at the moment and as such, her belly is slightly bulging and she moves noticeably slower than usual.
Soshakuakamamushi
Inferno Viper Queen

Words: 654684
Joined roleplay: June 30th, 2013, 7:14 pm
Race: Dhani
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Overlored (1) Zinrah Seasonal Challenge (1)

Postby Evalin on June 10th, 2014, 8:31 pm

Even here the lethargy exists. Curious is it not?

Indeed, Evalin replied, coming closer to allow her cheek to be stroked, Wonder I of the cause, and why has it come now?

The nuit's eyes roamed over the the girl's body, pausing for a moment at the growing bump of her mid-drift. She was with child, or was it she was with eggs? Symantics aside such tidings spoke of a coming end to Evalin's time here. The child would soon have her own snaklings to care for, and with other attachments beyond Evalin that would make her conflicted. Her loyalties would be divided. She would be compromised. The little Mistress' usefulness was coming to an end.

Evalin smiled as she was hugged, returning it in kind, "Hush now child, hush." she shushed as she gently patted the girl's shoulder. Setting her staff against the wall Evalin adjusted her cloak and scarf as she sat on the bed. "Tell me, when did this begin? What do you know of it?"

Words169

Last edited by Evalin on June 16th, 2014, 6:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImage

Wretched Aura: As a Wretched One Evalin possesses an unnatural aura about her that causes unease in those who get too close. It can come as a prickle of the hair on the back of the neck, a sense of 'wrongness' about her. How people experience it is different depending on their personality and how they handle the unnatural and unknown. Animals tend to become more agitated, more easily sensing how wrong Evalin is and often avoiding contact with her.
Evalin
The Immortal Witch

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Soshakuakamamushi on June 12th, 2014, 3:31 pm

Evalin hugged her back and Aka felt she could just slump in her cold embrace then sleep right then and there, however... her body just refused to do so, she was not tired for Ivak's sake, a fact that her trance-induced mind seemed not to get, if Aka's body had a personality of its own, she bet the body would pound the mind into submission for being so annoyingly stubborn.

In normal circumstances, Aka would be annoyed, just slightly since it was Evalin, at being called a child. She was not a child, she was over a hundred years old, a true adult female Dhani, and pregnant, one couldn't have more proof than that... at least in her mind. But right now, she couldn't care less, she was just glad that Evalin returned to her, "I uh..." The pregnant Viper tried to explain, but she simply rubbed her scarlet eyes with her left hand, shifting the silk sheets on her bed, "I don't know..." She was not lying, she really didn't know anything, then Aka realized through her limited mental faculty that Evalin had asked about when did the plague happen and what she knew about it, not what was the actual source, the Viper felt so stupid.

"It all ssstarted... about two weeksss ago..." She began explaining, closing her eyes as she continued with whispers, voice so low and soft, it might take require focus on Evalin's part to comprehend Aka's low volume, "Everyone jussst... become sssleepy..." Including her, the Viper half-opened her eyes for a tick before closing them again, "No one knowsss why... No one... isss... not affected..." Aka knew her Common was awfully broken, but she couldn't care, "B-but... I think... you will not, becaussse uh..." Because Evalin was an undead, but Aka couldn't find the right word, "becaussse, you are... 'you'." She settled with that.

"T-tell me..." She was tired of this, "Tell me... that you can help, what did you bring back?" Aka idly eyed the new items on Evalin's form, perhaps a trinket or two could help her.

Important Note: Aka is currently pregnant (with eggs, being a Dhani) at the moment and as such, her belly is slightly bulging and she moves noticeably slower than usual.
Soshakuakamamushi
Inferno Viper Queen

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Evalin on June 13th, 2014, 3:35 pm

Two weeks... Evalin took Aka's hand, running a thumb over the girl's knuckles as she looked to the side in thought, Something happened not long after we had departed.

It's cause, however, cannot be known as of yet.

Curious... Wonder I how long it shall last?

Know I not, but it seems that my Master is not affected.

Evalin wanted to smile, but she didn't. Not yet. It seemed to the nuit that piece after piece was beginning to fall into place. Time... time was beginning to shift and flow, signalling the end of this place. And now, the whole of the city was beginning to slumber. Weakening, giving Evalin the chance she desired, the chance she needed to set in motion her final act.

"Yes Mistress," Evalin replied slowly, "Yes, I am certain there is something I might do. It may take some time, but I shall find the cause of this, of this you may be certain." She nodded and looked back at Aka and smiled, "For now let me show you what I have ventured forth to acquire."

Evalin slowly untied the cloak from around her neck, folding it gently into a square so that the Oraboros symbol faced up and passing it to Aka to examine. It was heavier than a cloak should have been, and it had a metallic sheen to it. It was cold to the touch, like steel.

"These items are relics from my past, when I was strong and when I was powerful. I abandoned them when I felt I could no longer wield them, but now, thanks to my Mistress, I feel as though I can be Evalin once again." Evalin gestured to the folded cloth in Aka's hands, "This is a steel cloth cloak, a creation from a true Master of his craft. It is as flexible as wool but as strong as steel." Evalin then touched the scarves at her neck, gently petting the wooden snake heads, "And these..." She snapped her fingers, and the two golems raised their heads, angling them so that their glittering gem eyes were looking at Aka, "Are old companions of mine. Crusher, and Snapper. Golems created to be an amusing distraction from the time that passes me by. They are... toys of sorts, and are from when I was very young and needed friends." The lie slid easily over Evalin's tongue as she gently petted Crusher's head, "You may pet them if you like." Evalin smiled and nodded encouragingly.

Words416

Last edited by Evalin on June 16th, 2014, 6:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImage

Evalin
The Immortal Witch

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Soshakuakamamushi on June 14th, 2014, 4:51 am

"Thank you..." Aka replied with a tired remark as her eyes shut close, only for five ticks, before she opened them again, only for them to close, the process repeated itself over and over again, Aka wanted to scream in frustration but she couldn't find the energy to do so. Aka quirked her brows as she sat back up, at least she could distract herself with the interesting items Evalin brought back with her.

The Viper gently took the strange cloak that the Nuit wore, not expecting it to be heavier than it looked, "W-woah..." the Viper steadied herself, placing it away from her belly, her maternal instinct to protect her future spawns already formed, the odd metal-like surface and cold surface clearly revealed this cloak was no ordinary one, magic was about, coming from Evalin, Aka didn't look surprised at all, if Evalin gave her an ordinary item instead, now that she would be surprised. "Well, I am glad to help... perhapsss..." Aka wasn't sure of her own words, only that she had helped the Nuit in some way.

She explained about the cloak, so it was a steel armor and fabric cloak combined into one by the ways of magical craft, Aka rubbed the steel cloak, her scarlet eyes roaming its form, the Viper made a light punch at the cloak and true to what the Wretched One said, It did feel like steel, but its flexibility was that of a wool, "Amazing..." Awe managed to hold back some of her lethargy. The Viper also appreciated the snake-like symbol on it, beautiful, it made her think that Evalin's time with the Dhani was no coincidence. Of course, nothing was a coincidence when the arrogant God of Fate still ruled.

Aka's eyes widened with fascination when the scarf on Evalin's neck literally coming to life, amusingly named Crusher and Snapper, they were called 'Golems' as Evalin said, creation of Magic, the Dhani bet. So, they were toys, even her toys were magical, truly the mark of an ancient Sorceress of Flame and Shadow. "Okay..." The Viper extended her right hand she began petting the Crusher, then Snapper, with a amused glint, Aka smiled at Evalin, "Ssso, how will thessse itemsss help me with the affliction?" Aka asked with high hopes.

Soshakuakamamushi
Inferno Viper Queen

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Evalin on June 15th, 2014, 6:34 pm

Evalin shrugged as she petted Snapper's head as well, "Know I not. Perhaps they shall be of no help at all, yet to have them here, now, it brings some comfort to my mind." Patting both of the golems on the head Evalin whispered, "Sleep..." and both crusher and snapper lay still upon her chest once more, "If I might help my Mistress, first must I find out more of this plague."

Evalin stood, taking up her staff once more and adjusted her robes, "Perhaps there are others within the nest who know more. I shall go out and inquire in my Mistress' stead and seek out the source of this occurrence. Though, to find one Dhani who is not yet sleeping shall be difficult..." The nuit fell silent a tick before she blinked and smiled down at Aka, "Mistress you may stay here if you wish. If you like you may even take Crusher and Snapper to entertain yourself with until I return. Would this be suitable to your wishes?"

OOCI think this may be a short yet sweet kind of thread which works out pretty well for me. Eva will most likely just go to Nessyl to try and get some more inforation so I leave it to you to decide how much farther this thread goes :)

Words171

Last edited by Evalin on June 16th, 2014, 6:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImage

Evalin
The Immortal Witch

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Soshakuakamamushi on June 16th, 2014, 4:11 am

The Viper watched in awe combined with amusement when she saw the two serpentine golems went still just with one word of command, the Viper reached out her right hand to rub at the strange living scarf, they moved so real, so life-like, it was as if they had souls of their own, but Aka believed it was a very complicated magic, they couldn't be sentient, could they?

Aka nodded lazily when Evalin promised to investigate the source of this plague, "Alright..." Aka hugged the Nuit again, then gently brushed Evalin's dark hair, truly they matched, their eye colors matched, their stature matched, her meeting with the Nuit must not be a coincidence, she was meant to be with her.

"Maybe," Aka went thinking for a few ticks, trying to give Evalin some lead, no matter how small, it should help, "You can try talking to... the herbalissst... uh... I forgot her name, j-jussst go to the Herbalisssm ssshop... which name I forgot either..." Aka gave an awkward chuckle as she lay curled on her bed, "It'sss okay... you can... uh... take them with you, I... It ssseemed preciousss to you, I don't want to break it, yeah..." In truth, Aka was too tired to think of a good reason, she just didn't want to play at the moment.

With an exhausted yawn, the Viper fell into a restless sleep.

OOCAlright! Posting it for grading!

Thank you for threading with me. :)

Soshakuakamamushi
Inferno Viper Queen

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Traverse on June 19th, 2014, 1:09 pm

Aka

Experience:

• Endurance 2 XP
  • Socialization 2 XP

Lore:

• Attempting to Resist the Strange Lethargy Over Zinrah
  • Knowing You are Not Tired, Yet Unable to Move
  • The Wonder of Magical Items

Evalin

Experience:

• Investigation 1 XP
  • Observation 2 XP
  • Planning 1 XP
  • Socialization 2 XP

Lore:

• Assembling a Magical Raiment
  • Aka's Usefulness Running Out
  • Discovering a Strange Effect on the Dhani of Zinrah

Additional Notes :
A short little thread, but I enjoyed it nevertheless, poor little Aka! If there were any other lores you guys were looking for let me know.

If you have any questions, concerns, accolades, complaints, etc about your grade, drop me a PM and we can most certainly talk it out.

As always, Safe Travels!
Traverse
Journey to your limits

Words: 1283282
Joined roleplay: December 18th, 2012, 4:16 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Featured Contributor (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) Donor (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)