Insight into the Opposite (Ashuke)

I'saya and Ashuke meet Reimancers of the opposing elements.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

Postby I'saya Tuvalik on June 16th, 2014, 7:00 am

73rd of Winter, 513

The Tuvalik had quickly come to the realization that Syliras was not for her. A city completely encased in stone, a veritable cage of walls that dampened the Tuvalik's spirits. There was much to see and do, an assortment of places that I'saya had never visited, but it was shocking, to say the least. The shift in how things were done was completely and utterly paralyzing to her.

Freedom was what she was used to in the Tuvalik line, whether real or perceived, for with her family about, she had no need to do anything but perform. Alone, she had to think about survival, her plans, what she was going to do and where. She quickly decided that Syliras was not the place she wished to make her camp. She would pass by, though first, a bit of exploration sounded like a proper plan. She had made her way, at the advice of a local, towards Mithryn, the lack of high, all encompassing walls immediately making her feel comfortable with the place. The walls, high enough to protect but not so much as to enshroud the skies with stone and artifical light, were comforting.

Smaller than Syliras, with a much lesser population, it was also perfect for her, for the presence of a great multitude of people produced a stink that I'saya hated more than anything else. The body heat, she could manage, in fact, it was comforting, but the smell haunted her. For her first three nights in Syliras, she had not slept due to the stink, and even after seven days, it was nightmarish. I'saya decided not to dwell on this, instead adjusting to the new place she was in, her eyes cast longingly over towards the wilderness, the desire to escape the bounds of a settlement materializing within her thoughts as she made her way through the gates, a smile cast at each of the four guards posted at the entrance. None seemed too keen to smile back, though armoured faces perhaps hid their well-intentioned stoicism.

The Tuvalik darted past them, a deep breath filling her lungs as light brown eyes cast their gaze about in search of... something. Anything. She took in the sight of the road first, the stone path leading to and from Syliras sweeping before her, trees bordering it on each side, curiosity set within the Azenth's features as her eyes widened. She spotted the gnarled roots of a tree hiding the faint shape of a creature, what looked to be a fox staring up at her for several moments. Though, when I'saya approached, the creature fled, a pout replacing her smile before she continued going, part of her wishing she had an innate ability to commune with animals, though she relented and continued along. The Tuvalik heiress made her way forward along the stone road, looking around the surrounding tapestry of trees in the hopes of spotting a clearing so that she could enter.

Might as well, it's not like I'm thaaaat far away from the Outpost. If all else fails, run! Right? Definitely. Right.

Common | Arumenic
Last edited by I'saya Tuvalik on June 16th, 2014, 5:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'saya Tuvalik
Player

Words: 48140
Joined roleplay: June 6th, 2014, 5:28 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Ashuke on June 16th, 2014, 8:07 am

Ashuke was furious.

Usually, the Chaktawe woman kept her temper under control (or she just managed to, at least) but she'd spent too much time coating a single tree in frost for Syna and her light to intervene with it!

If only Ashuke knew the secrets of manipulating dirt and stone. Her aim was to preserve a tree, and she knew cold could preserve things-if she layered enough ice on a tree, could she freeze it in time?

As it turned out, the only thing blowing clouds of Res over the tree had done was piss her off.

Frustrated, Ashuke collapsed to the ground in a heap of residual black mist and huffed, leaning back againt the tree that had formerly been coated in a frosty layer but was now dripping water on her head. A heavy sigh escaped the woman's lips and was accompanied with an irritated wave of her right hand. This hand gesture, with a little concentration on the Chaktawe's part, sent the black Reimantic mist soaring above her head to collect in a small cloud. It was much higher than she'd intended it to go, but the Reimancer found she couldn't be bothered to put in the effort needed to bring the cloud of black Res closer to the top of her head. She would have to hope that her attraction force would be strong enough. Attracting another element was something Ashuke had rarely practiced-when she'd lived in Eyktol, most of her work with Res has been simply transmuting it into water. She closed her black eyes, dark lashes fluttering on her coppery cheeks. Her focus shifted from her own body to the cloud of mist floating above her hair, and slowly Ashuke managed to focus on one thought until it was the only thing in her mind.

That thought was the want-no. She didn't want to drag the cloud down towards her and the ground, she needed to. If Ashuke couldn't bring it down, she'd-wait, what was that?

Startled, the Chaktawe woman emerged from the inside of her head and whirled her head around to seek out the source of the noise she'd just heard. It was a short snap followed by a crunch followed by a very curious desert-dwelling woman. From tbe woods in front of her emerged a small animal, reddish in color, and Ashuke realized it was a fox. Cho's guardian had been a fox. The animal sent a pang of loss through her heart. One hand reached out towards the animal unbidden, though Ashuke snapped it away quickly. She felt this fox was an omen, though she was not sure of what.

Cautiously, the Chaktawe stood up and slowly advanced through the trees in the direction the fox had come from. Maybe its path would take her close to civilization.

To her surprise, a cobblestone path made itself clear through the trees after a mere chime or two of walking. She looked across the path when her feet crossed the threshold of the forest, then turned her head to each side and noticed something walking away from her. Curious as to who it was, Ashuke broke into a jog towards the figure. "Hey! Wait up!"
Ashuke
Player

Words: 10156
Joined roleplay: April 7th, 2014, 2:01 pm
Race: Chaktawe
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby I'saya Tuvalik on June 16th, 2014, 7:15 pm

The creatures descent left I'saya with a moment of thought, faint footsteps taking the creature farther and farther away, red fur disappearing into the shadows of trees. The Azenth took several steps forward, a slight jump in her step as she noted a division in the trees ahead.

A clearing! Maybe I'll get to see the fox again. Or something better!

A breath filled I'saya's lungs before a sharp cry fell upon her ears, a plea from a person behind the Tuvalik alerting her to a presence. Danger was abound in the area, the Tuvalik was sure, and she felt herself, in her surprise, reaching into the depths of her soul, siphoning djed and transmuting it into Res. The Res built within her palms, leaking out, forming a vermilion coat around her hands.

The Res took mere ticks to form, though she continued the process, Res climbing along the surface of her arms. Just shy of her sleeves, vermilion hung at her arms, ready to be used, the pleasure rolling in chills along her spine. A shiver wracked her form as she reveled in the production of her Res, though she immediately decided not to dwell on it, instead casting her gaze backwards, noting the form of a woman rapidly approaching her.

The Res did not flee from her form just yet, the knowledge that a person was about doing nothing to soothe her. She would need to know what the person wanted first. The Tuvalik's lips parted as she turned on her feel, facing the woman. The very first thing she focused on was her eyes. Dark pits of nothingness, they immediately unsettled her, a frown pursing her lips as she looked over the rest of the woman. Aside from her eyes, she looked rather unremarkable, I'saya's focus then returning to the strange, coal-like depths of her stare.

What the petch? She looks so... strange. Never seen something like... Wait! Wait! I have, haven't I? I... Hm...

Dark eyes were not something I'saya remembered fully, but they reminded her, for some reason, of Eyktol. She did not remember the Chaktawe of Eyktol, for her mind was more consumed by the Eypharians that she had met at the time. Arumenic was a language she had learned to an extent as a result of her time performing there. But, it would not help her here. Memories stirred but just as quickly faded, the frown steady upon I'saya's features as she remained in place, her arms crossing just below the level of her breasts as she navigated her Res. The vermilion gas climbed upwards again as I'saya guided it, allowing the gas to disperse along her shoulders, her mind half-focused upon the woman ahead of her, though mostly, she kept her attentions upon her Res, ready to employ its use or re-absorb it into her body, depending on what the situation entailed.

"Another person out alone? And I thought I'd be the only one."

A grin materialized upon I'saya's features as she took a step forward.

Common | Arumenic
I'saya Tuvalik
Player

Words: 48140
Joined roleplay: June 6th, 2014, 5:28 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets