Closed [Anthonius Fighters' Pits] Putting Your Back Into It.

Arch and Suresslynn get re-acquainted on the battleground, on a more friendly basis.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

[Anthonius Fighters' Pits] Putting Your Back Into It.

Postby Archailist on August 23rd, 2014, 9:22 pm

My Words | Your Words | My Thoughts

There it was, that odd noise again.. except, he'd not hit her in the throat this time. It didn't really make that much sense - of course the Pycon had come to grasp a fair deal on the amount of pain he could inflict through various pressure points, and how each point managed to do something different to a human.. but he didn't exactly have a decent grasp of human anatomy. Especially considering he didn't have organs, or muscles, or bones.. or any of the same things as a human did internally. Or externally, for that matter. Imagine his surprise when his launch was cut short by an abrupt movement, even more odd noises.. and then the girl began to vomit. He couldn't really describe the liquid that spewed from her mouth.. but for some reason it made him feel uncomfortable. There were chunks of something unknown floating in its pasty orange-green goo. He was sure he could see some kind of bone floating amongst pieces of raw meat, colouring it in deep browns and reds.

And the smell was.. just awful. He didn't have a gag reflex because he didn't have an oesophagus or trachea, but if he could gag, he likely would have at the smell as the stuff was slowly absorbed by the sand and soil that littered the pits. When it was all over, she stood once again and the squirrel realized that he'd gone enough. When he slipped down out of the hem of her shirt, he looked up - and saw a man, talking to her. Likely he'd not seen the squirrel though. "Ahem." Well, that eventually got his attention. Although he answered Suresslynn instead. "Yeah, I think that's about it for the day. Uhm.. I found that very enlightening." Heck, it was much more than that. It was one of the best fights he'd gone through!

"And I think... we should do it again sometime. Although.. you might not want to do whatever it is that you did there again. I don't think they liked it." When he glanced over to the crowds, he realized that the majority of combat had stopped. Many of the fighters looked quite pale and were immediately moving away from himself, Suresslynn, and the pile of stuff that' come out of her mouth. Some looking frightened, others looking quite revolted, but all of them looked like they didn't really want either of them around any more. With all those eyes looking down on him, he was more than happy to oblige.. for now. "What is it that you did, any way? I mean.. was that supposed to hit me, or what." Yep, it was time for questions. Although he began walking steadily towards the entrance to the Pits on the way. "Ooh, is that something that just Dhani can do?"
Archailist
And the potter said unto the clay, BE WARE...

Words: 942771
Joined roleplay: November 28th, 2013, 8:20 pm
Blog: View Blog (1)
Race: Pycon
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Suresslynn on August 23rd, 2014, 10:01 pm

Suresslynn grinned as Arch said it was enlightening, then nodded. "Yeah, I enjoyed myself too. At least until the end. That was less enjoyable." she said, as she started trailing him out of the pits. "Oh yeah, we should definitely do it again sometime. And yeah, no one likes it when people do that. Not even the people doing it." she said, laughing slightly.

When the Pycon asked about what she had done like it was something she had chosen to do, she just started laughing. "Oh...my no. I was throwing up. Nothing more complicated than what happens when someone triggers a gag reflex too hard." she said before a thought occurred to her. "Wait, do you mean you don't have that kind of body function? I mean...do you not eat or anything like that?" she asked looking down at the squirrel.
Suresslynn
Player

Words: 94986
Joined roleplay: July 30th, 2014, 3:18 pm
Race: Dhani
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Archailist on August 24th, 2014, 8:27 pm

Although he cared very much for Suresslynn's well-being, he couldn't help but take note of what had occurred in order to make use of it another time. After all, making the girl.. throw up, as she put it, seemed quite debilitating and would definitely prove useful at another time. Possibly painful.. certainly demoralizing.. activated by punches to the.. throat? Stomach? Sternum? Well.. she didn't do it until after all three had been hit. Is it done by a certain order, and does it even require all three points to be hit? Hmm.. I'll have to make sure to use them at a later date to determine how it's done. So engrossed in his thoughts, making sure to set aside what needed to be stored for later, that he barely noticed his Py-Pole lying on the floor until he nearly tripped over it. While leaning down to pick it up, he couldn't help but notice.. 'gag reflex'.

"This.. gag reflex. It's what makes you throw up? Is it responsible for those other noises you made as well, before you threw up?" He couldn't help it now - even though they'd just finished sparring, and she'd just finished puking, he was ever-curious to know exactly what it was that caused this reaction. Oh, and as a side note, explain why he didn't have such a thing. "We don't have a gag reflex, no.. I mean, we eat but we instantly absorb our food. We don't have stomachs or any internal organs, so there's no reflex to trigger anything." He tilted his head as he glanced up to her, wondering, for a brief moment... "Where did that stuff come out from, any way? Is it an organ close to your mouth?" It'd have to be, likely. She wouldn't be able to push all that liquid out at such speed and.. power, if she didn't have an organ that was very close to her mouth. Not in the head.. they had a nexus there, apparently. Perhaps around the chest?

Soon, he was back onto talking about when they could do it next. "Hmmm.. I should likely have another day free within five days or less, although I'd likely be out in the Bronze Woods again. We could meet there and have another sparring session?" To the squirrel it sounded like the perfect opportunity. "Then I can try and find the pressure points to make you throw up again!"
Archailist

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Suresslynn on August 25th, 2014, 12:42 am

Suresslynn walked quietly for a moment before cocking her head at his question about her gag reflex. However, before she could answer, Archailist explained his own lack of a gag reflex, then proceeded to question the mechanics behind vomit. She was pretty sure this was the first time he had ever seen such a thing, which made her wonder just how accepted he was into society. If he hadn't even encountered vomiting before, chances were, not as much as she felt he deserved to be...

"Yeah, my gag reflex made me throw up, and yeah it was responsible for the choking noises I was making before. Sort of. That was more my throat being hurt than anything else. But the way you folks eat is interesting. I kinda wish I could absorb my food that quickly. If I eat something big enough, I can be stuck in one of my forms for hours or even days. But as for where it came from, it came from my stomach. I don't really know how it works though. Never really thought about it too much." she said rapidly, wanting to get her answers out before the squirrel started asking her questions again.

Suresslynn nodded slightly as Archailist explained his schedule, then thought about the Bronze Woods and shrugged. "Fine with me, but lets go do a different area this time. I don't want to meet that flying thing again anytime soon." she said, grinning slightly before shaking her head at the thought of throwing up again. "I'd rather you didn't. See, that stuff in the all the liquid was my lunch. Each time I throw up, I have to hunt again. Besides, it's hard blows to the stomach that make me throw up." she said, sounding slightly distressed at the notion of having to hunt again.
Suresslynn
Player

Words: 94986
Joined roleplay: July 30th, 2014, 3:18 pm
Race: Dhani
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Archailist on August 25th, 2014, 11:49 am

So much information - times like these, he wished he could write. And find a quill and a piece of parchment to write down on. And something to support him while he was writing and walking. These were such valuable notes to take on. So heavy blows to the throat can cause choking noises and potentially trigger the gag reflex by itself.. but hard blows to the stomach and sternum can also be responsible. If both of them can cause vomiting then how come she only vomited after both had been hit? Perhaps they only have a small chance of activating.. or maybe I just wasn't hitting hard enough in the respective areas? He needed to go away and think these things over, that was for certain. He needed to practice them, to make sure that he understood exactly what he needed to do. Perhaps even have some trials with other fighters, testing different combinations of the points in order to make the person vomit.

Unfortunately, it didn't seem like Suresslynn would be very pleased if he tried it out on her. He'd have to find some other subjects to try out. "It won't be the same area, I'm sure.. and we won't meet any of those flying teethed things.. hopefully." Even now, he cringed at the memory and tightened his grip on the flexible pole of tree-resin. Hopefully nothing would distract them from their battle. Otherwise he might just end up accidentally thwacking into her stomach in a way to escape.. well, he could always give some form of excuse later as to why he did it. After all, it was all in the name of progress. By the end of his training, he would have a complete mental map of all the points on a humans body, and what their effect would be.

"How about we go to the small stretch of forest outside the Well of Filth this time. I doubt we'll see many creatures around there." Indeed, he'd only heard of that place because the other squires made mention of it as they dared one-another to drink from the foul place. He doubted they'd see any animals at all near the pond.. after all, with a smell like that and utterly black water, why the heck would anything try to drink from it - other than squires who didn't know any better and just wanted to dare each-other to see the looks on their faces. "Five days, Well of Filth. I'll see you there!" Unfortunately, they were coming up to the main road, and Arch still had things he needed to get done before the day was out. With a farewell wave, he turned and hopped straight onto a passing civilians shoulder. After a moment of shock and recoil, they recovered and the squirrel began to talk as if he was chatting with an old friend. It always worked. Well, almost.
Archailist

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Ashar on October 6th, 2014, 5:03 pm

Archailist
Experience
Skill XP Earned
Weapon: Py-Pole 5
Teaching 2
Acrobatics 3
Socialization 2
Py-Ken 4
Interrogation 2

Lores
Should Be a Pycon Pancake
Suresslynn: Irreverent of Siku
Eyktol: A Distant Realm
Suresslynn: Surprisingly Durable
Py-Pole: Aiming
Py-Ken: Body Grappling
Humans: Gag Reflex
Humans: Stomach

Loot :
+5 Shield Points

Suresslynn
Experience
Skill XP Earned
Socialization 3
Boxing 5
Endurance 1
Unarmed Combat 2
Interrogation 2
Teaching 2

Lores
Pycons: Pliable
Py-Pole: Staff Sling
Pycon: Varied Creatures
Archailist: Irreverent of Harameus
Archailist: Fast & Agile
Fighter’s Pits: Shirt Policy

Additional Comments
Fun read from you two! Sorry it took so long, but I hope you're happy with the grade you got at the end of it.

Couple things I wanted to note: first of all, Eyktol, not Eyktolia. Unless there's some establishment named Eyktolia that's not in the lore, I believe you're referring to the region of Eyktol. Also, Archy, feel free to calm that ellipsis down a bit. :P Hardly found a paragraph without one.

Anyway, I enjoyed reading this and their exchange of words trying to breach the cultural and knowledge gaps between these two races. Also don't forget to edit your grade request to reflect its completion. If there's anything about your grade you want looked at, don't hesitate to tell me!
Ashar is being renovated. Be patient!

"Do not try to fight yourself. Such is the road to chaos."
Image Image Image
Ashar
Pushing onward

Words: 142780
Joined roleplay: June 8th, 2014, 1:04 am
Race: Akalak
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes