Closed Sahovan Coincidences (Clyde)

Because even on Sahova coincidences must exist... right?

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

An undead citadel created before the cataclysm, Sahova is devoted to all kinds of magical research. The living may visit the island, if they are willing to obey its rules. [Lore]

Sahovan Coincidences (Clyde)

Postby Ink on July 25th, 2014, 5:26 pm

Farke nodded at each reply from Clyde, but left out any direct comments. Looking Between Iceris and Belleerian, he spoke over the apprentice’s head. “Are you certain he is viable?”

Bellerian shrugged, “Mistress Jenkins has kept her pupil well out of reach of the others. He is as incorrupt as could be hoped for, given your requirements.”

Iceris nodded with Bellerian’s assessment. Quietly, she added “He has potential, Master. He is gifted and focused. He is a known associate of Wizard Marin, who works for Amaryllis”

Farke opened his journal, every page of it blank but he shuffled past several to a seemingly random leaf. “Amaryllis is no obstacle in this” He idly tapped the open text with his finger tip. “You do seem competent apprentice. Do you know what is required of you to become a Wizard upon Sahova? First you will need a sponsor, and you have my attention Clyde Sullins. Second you need projects to prove you are worthy of being a Wizard, as of yet you are still lacking in this step. Iceris, the dagger…” He pointed off to the one of the trinkets on the wall.

Iceris retrieved the rather cruel looking dagger with a jagged edge. Setting the weapon before Farke she stepped back into her corner. The Councillor picked up the blade and examined it in the light, “Yes this will do. Prove your theory Clyde, I will provide you with ichor again. Make a weapon to slay a Nuit.” At this Bellerian finally shifted in the corner but said nothing.

Farke smiled, “Or do not. This is a choice entirely yours Sullins; either keep the dagger and do not work your magic into its structure or make me a weapon. I will take the weapon as acceptance of my offer. If I sponsor you as a mage, you will not be Jenkins’ Wizard, you will not be Mashaen’s, you will not be Qiao’s, you will be mine. I will see you made Wizard Sullins, but you will be bond to me until you are made Master, if you ever are.” Finally he picked up a quill and began to scratch in the book, “That is all.”

Iceris picked up the cold iron dagger and handed it to Clyde with the blindfold. It was time to go; Bellerian had already slipped through the door and disappeared again. Iceris was once again his guide back to his work area.
Ink
DS in Sahova

Words: 259510
Joined roleplay: December 3rd, 2011, 6:15 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Medals: 1
Featured Contributor (1)

Postby Clyde Sullins on July 25th, 2014, 5:55 pm

After Clyde answered, the wizards before him seemed to carry on with a conversation about him, but without him, even though he was right before them.

“Are you certain he is viable?”

“Mistress Jenkins has kept her pupil well out of reach of the others. He is as incorrupt as could be hoped for, given your requirements.”

In-corrupt. That phrase made Clyde ponder. Clearly there was more to this than the base words, but it did make him wonder what he considered as corrupted, and in this case useless. Viable also made him wonder. Clearly they wanted to use Clyde for something, though he was uncertain for what.

“He has potential, Master. He is gifted and focused. He is a known associate of Wizard Marin, who works for Amaryllis.”

Technically, Clyde thought to himself, he was not just associated with Marin, but related to her. Amaryllis, a name that seemed oddly familiar. He could not recall why, could not recall that he had in fact worked for her on his last visit to Sahova years ago. Of course his memory of that time was muddled at best, as he'd been under a heavy magical effect then, of hypnotism, and since having it lifted still had confused memories of the time.

“Amaryllis is no obstacle in this.”

“You do seem competent apprentice. Do you know what is required of you to become a Wizard upon Sahova? First you will need a sponsor, and you have my attention Clyde Sullins. Second you need projects to prove you are worthy of being a Wizard, as of yet you are still lacking in this step. Iceris, the dagger…”

Clyde looked back at those before him, uncertain of what they meant. Him becoming a wizard, of his future, of things. He was not sure what he wanted, of what his task was. He had been given a vague order by the Stryfe to ingratiate himself into the island, to become a link, but he did not know what that truly entailed. Was this perhaps it? Or was linking himself and bonding his path to a certain person a foolish thing to do?

“Yes this will do. Prove your theory Clyde, I will provide you with ichor again. Make a weapon to slay a Nuit.”

Clyde looked at the weapon, looking it over, wondering of it. His theory was sound enough, he did not doubt that his idea would work should he attempt it. But should he do so with such attachments to his actions?

“Or do not. This is a choice entirely yours Sullins; either keep the dagger and do not work your magic into its structure or make me a weapon. I will take the weapon as acceptance of my offer. If I sponsor you as a mage, you will not be Jenkins’ Wizard, you will not be Mashaen’s, you will not be Qiao’s, you will be mine. I will see you made Wizard Sullins, but you will be bond to me until you are made Master, if you ever are.”

“That is all.”

But before he could go, he had a further question on the item.

“First, what exactly do you want upon the item, what enchantment? Am I simply doing the Anti-nuit effect, or also durability? I will need to make at least one step of enhancement to something, so that could either be a step to increase its durability, or a step to perhaps attempt to increase the anti-nuit behavior. Which are you wanting? Also, if possible I would like the ichor of several nuits, at least three different ones, just to be on the safe side with this task.”

If his questions were answered Clyde would take the dagger and blindfold, and be willingly led back. But he did not want to leave without being fully informed, and without making his needs clear for the task.

Clydes Stuff

I am actually in RL a super intelligent hamster from Rhode Island, with a 7 year plan to take over the world.

Update 6/2/18- 1:10AM EST: His 7 year plan a success, and several weeks ahead of schedule, Clyde leaves to oversee the world he has taken over.

No new threads after end of Spring 518-Will still be checking for PM's occasionally, but focusing on a new character.

Graders note: :
Please be aware Clyde is a master Magecrafter. He therefore should not be gaining full xp(or possibly shouldn't gain any at all) for simple tasks related to this magic, such as low level MC items, particularly for repetitions of creations he has done before. Feel free to contact me if unsure of a instance of his magic use compared to his skill level.
Clyde Sullins
Player

Words: 2343955
Joined roleplay: June 18th, 2011, 1:14 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Overlored (1) Donor (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Ink on July 25th, 2014, 8:16 pm

Farke didn’t pause his writing, “As effective as it can easily be made against Nuits. I want to see how far you can take it efficiently, the durability is not as much of consequence. Whatever resources you need, Iceris can provide. Bellerian will bring you the Ichor though, difficult acquisitions are his speciality.” After that he answered no further questions and went back to work.

Iceris blindfolded Clyde and led him in the twisting, round-about way she had initially on his return to journey to Jenkins’s lab. When they arrived she let go of his arm. “Well Clyde, that went well I think. Do you have any other questions?”

Bellerian had not been seen again since leaving the room and would only show up for the delivery of the Ichor several days later. Iceris on the other hand did not leave Clyde so quickly, “I will be your way to speak with Master Farke, any missive for him I can carry. “

oocIf Clyde has questions feel free to ask away if not you can write Iceris leaving his work area and my next post will be a small blurb and your grade.
Ink
DS in Sahova

Office
Featured Contributor (1)

Postby Clyde Sullins on July 25th, 2014, 9:55 pm

In answer to his question Farke gave a short blurb, without even bothering to fully pay attention to Clyde.

“As effective as it can easily be made against Nuits. I want to see how far you can take it efficiently, the durability is not as much of consequence. Whatever resources you need, Iceris can provide. Bellerian will bring you the Ichor though, difficult acquisitions are his speciality.”

The answer was vague enough to not give much help. He was unsure how adding to the anti behavior of an item would act, or truly what such limits would be. Probably similar to other enhancements. However with this in mind he was unsure what the man wanted. He would need to do at least one step, but he was unsure how many steps he truly wanted.

Along with that, since it was his first attempt at such a thing, he was wary to try and press to far before he was more familiar with the concept, and had seen its outcome in action.

Clyde let out a sigh of relief once he was back in Jenkin's lab, in the familiar setting. He was led back in the same manner as he had been led there, blindfolded and along a confusing route.

“Well Clyde, that went well I think. Do you have any other questions?”

“I will be your way to speak with Master Farke, any missive for him I can carry. “

Clyde stared back at Ice, letting out another breath and taking in a slow measured breath.

“A few. How many steps am I shooting for? He said to attempt to make it as effective as possible against nuits, but what does that mean? Am I making a MC 1 item? MC 2? More? Am I to make it by myself or will I have assistance? Also what exactly is this weapon made of? And what exactly is he wanting of me? He says he wants me to be a wizard, and to do so under him, but what does that entail? What would being a wizard under him require and mean, and what would he expect of me? How would it limit me, and what would be the upsides to taking on his aid?”

Honestly the requisition of the varying ichor was probably excessive, likely ichor from one nuit would be enough to make the item anti-nuit. But as he said he preferred being on the safe side. Plus, it meant another test, letting him see what they wanted and were willing to do to get it.

Clydes Stuff

I am actually in RL a super intelligent hamster from Rhode Island, with a 7 year plan to take over the world.

Update 6/2/18- 1:10AM EST: His 7 year plan a success, and several weeks ahead of schedule, Clyde leaves to oversee the world he has taken over.

No new threads after end of Spring 518-Will still be checking for PM's occasionally, but focusing on a new character.

Please be aware Clyde is a master Magecrafter. He therefore should not be gaining full xp(or possibly shouldn't gain any at all) for simple tasks related to this magic, such as low level MC items, particularly for repetitions of creations he has done before. Feel free to contact me if unsure of a instance of his magic use compared to his skill level.
Clyde Sullins
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Ink on July 31st, 2014, 5:10 pm

Iceris listened to each question before answering, “Farke was trying to tell you to use your own ingenuity. He values both efficiency and competency. If you accept and succeed which it certainly sounds like you intend to, much of your work for him will be too far away for effective quick communication. In a way this is another test, not just a decision. As for assistance I will be present but Bellerian will not, he has some matters to attend to.” Iceris glanced at the door like she was envious of the task before turning back to clyde.

“Working for Master Farke can entail a greater many things, for you I suspect it will be an assignment abroad. Most of Master’s Wizards work in other cities to keep lines of communication open. One of his positions is to keep in contact with the other cities and facilitate trade and similar inter-city functions.” It seemed a simple innocent thing when Iceris said it, but anyone with Clyde’s experience among the various Sylirian cities would know better. Who knows, his job might go so far as to framing innocent people for acts of violence. “It is for his position within the citadel that you make this dagger though, and the less you know about that the safer you are.”

“Limits? The limits you see will be within the Citadel. The Master’s Wizards are practical ones they not those ensconced in academia. Your abilities will be needed to complete your assignments of course, but the position before you is a political one not a scholarly one. You will have access to information and resources that an academic wizard does not but you will not make the social connections within the citadel that those academic wizards have access to. There are ups and there are downs, like in most things.” The Vantha shrugged, “I am not sure which city he intends you for honestly, but he has certainly got a plan if he offered you this test.” Her statement wasn’t entirely true, she had a guess but nothing concrete enough to offer to the Apprentice.

“When you know what materials you will require for the dagger, send me a missive and I will see them all in your hands along with the three ichor samples you requested. As for the weapon you hold, it is made from cold iron.” Iceris idly pulled at a strap on her armor, “Was that all of your questions or did I miss one?”
Ink
DS in Sahova

Office
Featured Contributor (1)

Postby Clyde Sullins on July 31st, 2014, 6:01 pm

“Farke was trying to tell you to use your own ingenuity. He values both efficiency and competency. If you accept and succeed which it certainly sounds like you intend to, much of your work for him will be too far away for effective quick communication. In a way this is another test, not just a decision. As for assistance I will be present but Bellerian will not, he has some matters to attend to.”

Clyde smiled back at Ice, and shrugged.

“I have not decided yet if I will, but I prefer to be fully prepared. And so I ask questions, and ascertain details that I will need in the case that I do decide to say yes. Better to know and not need it, than to need it and not know.”

He was glad to hear he would have help, though he wondered if this was more for the fact of having someone watching him doing his task, than for the simple bit of actually assisting him. He was sure she would give him aid, but he did not doubt that there was not more to it.

“Working for Master Farke can entail a greater many things, for you I suspect it will be an assignment abroad. Most of Master’s Wizards work in other cities to keep lines of communication open. One of his positions is to keep in contact with the other cities and facilitate trade and similar inter-city functions.”

Clyde nodded once more. He could not help feeling that perhaps this Farke knew more about him than he was letting on. Perhaps that he knew of his position as an Ebonstryfe, and his place in Ravok. He could not help thinking perhaps this had affected things. But then, the reason he was here was because of his skills as a mage. Normally such a position would fall to a black sun member, to infiltrate and such... But that would not work on Sahova. Perhaps what made him a good wizard for Sahova for Ravok, was what would make him a good contact in another city for this wizard. Though it was not quite the route he had expected his task to take him.

“It is for his position within the citadel that you make this dagger though, and the less you know about that the safer you are.”

Clyde also grinned at that. A weapon against nuit, on an isle of them. Yes, he did not doubt he was better off not knowing the full nature of its purpose. It was one reason he had not asked. Why bother asking, when you knew you would either not receive a response, or would receive a lie.

“Limits? The limits you see will be within the Citadel. The Master’s Wizards are practical ones they not those ensconced in academia. Your abilities will be needed to complete your assignments of course, but the position before you is a political one not a scholarly one. You will have access to information and resources that an academic wizard does not but you will not make the social connections within the citadel that those academic wizards have access to. There are ups and there are downs, like in most things.”

“I am not sure which city he intends you for honestly, but he has certainly got a plan if he offered you this test.”

Clyde stared back at Ice for a moment, wondering about what she said. He was further prodded to believe that perhaps Farke knew more about Clyde, more even than he had said today to Farke. Though he was unsure how such a thing would influence this position. Regardless, he'd told no one of the truth, yet neither had he lied about it. He had simply omitted telling of the relevant facts, never directly lying.

“When you know what materials you will require for the dagger, send me a missive and I will see them all in your hands along with the three ichor samples you requested. As for the weapon you hold, it is made from cold iron.”

“Was that all of your questions or did I miss one?”

Clyde paused for a moment, thinking things over, what he would need and do. If he did do it, a MC 2 dagger would be simplest. A good enough test of the theory, while not needing a further catalyst to stabilize it. Since he did not want any structural enhancement to durability, then it was even simpler. Though of course since a durability enhancement was a structural change, even with two steps in it along with two steps in the behavior enhancement, it would still not need a catalyst, with the enchantment so spread out.

“No, I think that is all. That is all I need to know. I can tell you now, all I need is the dagger here I already have, the ichor samples, and enough materials for a MC 2 item. If I do the enchantment, it will simply be with two levels of behavioral enhancement to enhance and strengthen the anti-nuit nature. I suppose then that is the end of matters until the project is begun. Until then.”

With that Clyde would wave to Ice, a small twitch of his lips into an almost smile. It seemed Clyde would have much to think upon. But for now he would have time alone to do so.

Clydes Stuff

Clyde Sullins
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Ink on August 13th, 2014, 6:54 am

Let me see what you have done with your ink.

Clyde Sullins
Skills

Auristics 4
Glyphing 1
Leadership 3
Magecrafting 5
Planning 2
Politics 1
Observation 2
[/indent[
[indent] Lores

Auristics: Inspecting Ichor
Auristics: Detecting Magic Users by Ichor
Iceris: The Slave
Iceris: aka ‘Ice’
Iceris: A Magecrafter
Iceris: A Minion of Farke
Iceris: More Than She Seems
Bellerian: Mad Magecrafter
Bellerian: A Minion of Farke
Bellerian: Procures Difficult Materials
Farke: Does He Know I’m Black Sun?
Farke’s Oddly Blank Journal
Farke: Is Aware of Annalisa Marin
Ordered to Make an Anti-Nuit Weapon While On Sahova
Sahova: An Order From a Councillor
Flyrds Live on Anashis
Anashis: A Summoning World
Magecrafting: Using Ichor to Bind a User
Magecrafting: Working as a Trio
Magecrafting: A level four Intellect
Magecrafting: A Flame Breathing Medallion
Magecrafting: Using An Otherwordly Catalyst
Magecrafting: Teaching an Item Reimancy
To Be a Wizard or Not to Be?
Work For Farke is Not an Academic Position
The Anti-Nuit Dagger, a Hint To Farke’s Position

Notes
Loot: Farke's Cold Iron Dagger

Between Black and White

If there are any concerns or problems with my grading please feel free to toss me a PM. I am more than happy to explain my reasons or reevaluate them if you feel I've been unfair. Also please remember to edit your grade request as graded or delete it if possible.

Thank you,
Ink
Ink
DS in Sahova

Office
Featured Contributor (1)

Previous