Closed Sahovan Coincidences (Clyde)

Because even on Sahova coincidences must exist... right?

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

An undead citadel created before the cataclysm, Sahova is devoted to all kinds of magical research. The living may visit the island, if they are willing to obey its rules. [Lore]

Sahovan Coincidences (Clyde)

Postby Ink on July 2nd, 2014, 4:41 am

Timestamp: 23rd of Summer, 514 AVNegotiable but must remain relatively early in the season

Thelma rewound the scroll between her fingertips. Brusquely retying the string securing it. Holding the missive with the minimum physical contact required, the mage slipped away from the slave who delivered it. She dropped it before the apprentice on a table, as though the very existence of the note was an affront. “This was delivered to me, but as I am not a reimancer it is clearly meant for you Clyde.” Her eyes narrowed, “Let me be abundantly clear, whatever you did to gain that ghoul’s attention undo it. Or if you choose not to, never let it interfere with my research again.” Her steely glare left no room for reply, she spun on her heels and trotted back to her studies.

In her place, for it had apparently followed in her footsteps towards Clyde, was the slave. The slave was clearly a full-blooded vantha though her purple-tinted hair fell in dirty clumps at her shoulders and her eyes fell into a dull shade of purple. On her back was a basket .Within the basket were a number of telling objects; one golden medallion on a leather thong, one strange hoof that was reminiscent of an equine, and beneath all of it sat cushioned a tiny stoppered phial of nuit ichor. With flawless patience the slave waited for Clyde to relieve her burden.

The Missive

To Whom It May Concern,

I have found myself in need of a device which is able to incinerate documents and other small objects of similar or lesser size within a short range. It is imperative that it only respond to me and so I have provided a sample of my vitality. One further property I desire is for it to respond to non-verbal communications, specifically through thought. Since this, I am told, is a demanding requirement I have enclosed the hoof of a Flyrd from Anashis, this should be more than adequate to assist with the magics. I require this item expediently and so have provided a relatively competent Vantha slave to assist you; Iceris.

Councillor Farke

Staring at Clyde, Iceris’s eyes seemed almost rimmed with the shadows of a nuit. Her beating heart might be the greater burden she carried on this island, but she was not here for Clyde’s mercy. The magecrafting slave was here for work, but also to observe. Just as surely as the watcher golems in the walls the slave would recount the apprentice's every action. Mutely she awaited his orders.
Ink
DS in Sahova

Words: 259510
Joined roleplay: December 3rd, 2011, 6:15 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Medals: 1
Featured Contributor (1)

Postby Clyde Sullins on July 2nd, 2014, 5:32 am

Clyde watched as a note arrived, carried by a slave. His master looked it over and seemed none to pleased by its contents. This feeling was made much more clear when she did speak, and revealed her disdain and displeasure at the situation.

Honestly the entire thing confused Clyde, and he was uncertain why she was mad. Surely she received occasional requests... As it was, he was certain he was missing something.

“This was delivered to me, but as I am not a reimancer it is clearly meant for you Clyde.”

“Let me be abundantly clear, whatever you did to gain that ghoul’s attention undo it. Or if you choose not to, never let it interfere with my research again.”

Clyde squinted back at Jenkins as she spun around and left, trying to puzzle out the situation. Yes, clearly he was at a loss as to what was going on, or as to who had requested his aid.

As Clyde turned back, he saw that the slave had approached, bearing a load.

He noted her purple eyes and hair, and her general state of disrepair and dis-care, a sight not uncommon amongst slaves on Sahova. Nuits after all didn't much care for the living, so they certainly wouldn't much care for the living that were property. Clearly they didn't follow the tenets of Ravokian slave owners, that it made little business sense to not take care of ones property.

Clyde motioned for the slave to come, and took the basket she was carrying that he was apparently supposed to take. Inside was a medallion, a hoof, a phial of something white that Clyde recognized as nuit ichor due to recent activities, and a letter.

It was clear from the writing that they wanted a Magecrafted device with the abilities of a fire Reimancer. It also explained why he was needed, since as Jenkins had said she was not a Reimancer.

The non-verbal communications thing was tricky, an effect Clyde had yet to use. He'd worked with catalysts, but not for that particular effect.

More muttering to himself than anything, Clyde puzzled at the piece of animal inside of the supplies. A hoof from a Flyrd, from Anashis. Clyde did not recognize the animal's name, nor the location, so was puzzled what was meant. He knew to be a proper catalyst it would need to be powerfully magical in some way. He was a summoner, and so knew of the common worlds, but had never heard of this, and so did not immediately realize this was a piece of a off world animal. Of course since he would Auristically investigate the item before the Magecrafting, he would likely note its oddity at that time, whether or not he would realize it was from summoning.

“Anashis? Where is Anashis?”

However he waved this away, focusing on the other parts of the note.

The name of the slave was Iceris, a competent slave... Though it did not say competent how. Perhaps it meant she was competent in general, and so could aid him as a general assistant by hunting and fetching things... Or perhaps it meant she was a Magecrafter, and so could actually aid him in the Magecrafting.

“So, are you a Magecrafter then, to assist me in the actual work, or just a assistant in general? I'd like that made clear before we start.”

Clyde worked by the adage better safe than sorry. He'd prefer to know for certain one way or the other before they got into the meat of things.

After her response he would mutter to himself some more, verbally working through the object.

“Alright, so the medallion is to be Magecrafted... Need to take off the thong, we can add that back later, but don't want to risk the items integrity by a single weaker subsection... One step in fire Reimancy to give it the burning ability... I'd normally say a step in behavioral to teach it the specific spell... But... Since its to be a higher level intelligence, that can likely be disregarded... One... Two... Three? Maybe four steps since as he said he's not a Reimancer, and the item will be doing it on its own... Yes, three for mental commands, and a fourth to be semi-autonomous... Four steps in intelligence... So a MC five item...”

Clyde paused for a moment, running through numbers, doing a bit of mental math, trying to piece things together...

“For me probably... Two days a step... Four steps to eight days... But for that last step probably double it almost... So sixteen days... Maybe a day less... And with help perhaps a bit less... Maybe three or four days off with help... So maybe eleven days... And... One... Seventeen... Three... Five... Nine... Nine thousand...”

Assuming by then the slave would have answered Clyde's earlier question as to her proficiency in Magecrafting, Clyde passed on to the first steps of what they would do.

“Alright, so go get what we need for the Glyphing, I need some inscribing paint, at least a pot. Are you a Glypher? I'll probably do that myself though, rather not risk the Glyphing on such a higher level item... I know the swirly whirly bits... If you finish with that, set out the items, and prepare some of the hammers with a charge.”

Turning from the slave, Clyde would take a look at the pedestal, the table with the hammers, and then head for the items. Diving inside, Clyde would clear his mind, and slowly awaken his Auristical senses so he could give the items in question a inspection one by one. This would likely be a long slow process, perhaps taking a few bells altogether for all three.

Last edited by Clyde Sullins on July 3rd, 2014, 12:57 am, edited 3 times in total.
Clydes Stuff

I am actually in RL a super intelligent hamster from Rhode Island, with a 7 year plan to take over the world.

Update 6/2/18- 1:10AM EST: His 7 year plan a success, and several weeks ahead of schedule, Clyde leaves to oversee the world he has taken over.

No new threads after end of Spring 518-Will still be checking for PM's occasionally, but focusing on a new character.

Graders note: :
Please be aware Clyde is a master Magecrafter. He therefore should not be gaining full xp(or possibly shouldn't gain any at all) for simple tasks related to this magic, such as low level MC items, particularly for repetitions of creations he has done before. Feel free to contact me if unsure of a instance of his magic use compared to his skill level.
Clyde Sullins
Player

Words: 2343955
Joined roleplay: June 18th, 2011, 1:14 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Overlored (1) Donor (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Ink on July 2nd, 2014, 5:05 pm

Iceris’s eyes migrated to the ground, but she still replied clearly. “Moderate skills in magecrafting and auristics. Iceris cannot imbue fire but Iceris was commanded to do anything to speed the process within her abilities. Iceris is temporarily authorized to secure supplies if Clyde Sullins requires more or replacements for materials used.” She returned to stillness after answering, awaiting her next command. “Iceris cannot glyph.” Without further explanation she set to her given tasks, which meant she left the laboratory. In under a bell she returned with two pots of Inscribing paint.

She promptly began to lay out the materials in a logical pattern. Every item placed evenly arrayed. Her method was disturbingly accurate, nothing sat even a hair out of place. The kind of precision an obsessive nuit might demand. While Clyde continued his inspection Iceris prepared the tools.

As for the inspection, the hoof threw a remarkably confounding aura. It seemed to resist water conversely it had a clinging aquatic residue that was reminiscent of water reimancy though clearly not the same, perhaps not truely magical in nature at all. There was also a strange smell associated with the hoof that only seemed evident under auristic inspection. By its very nature the stench seemed familiar yet totally unidentifiable, like a word forgotten mid-sentence. It was an alienating otherness.

The medallion itself possessed no innate magical properties but it had faint aura of terror attached to it. Like an owner long ago had clutched it for security against the nightmares the world could produce. The metal was well forged though and of high-quality gold.

Although the hoof and trinket had been telling, it was the ichor that spilled a more complex story. The ichor held magic not only as a structural requirement for keeping the nuit alive but also aspects of flux and projection. Subtly hidden underneath these glaringly obvious auras was a hint of intent; of deceit, and of warning.

Iceris had completed her assignment chimes before Clyde would finish his inspection. Standing still on the back of her heels, she had been observing him. But if he were to glance at her, he would always find she never had her eyes on him directly. Ever after having met his gaze in the first moments of their meeting she never did so again. That would not assuage feelings of being watched, if Clyde cared about being watched.

oocPlease note I made a small edit in the description of the hoof to make its nature more clear rather than misleading
Ink
DS in Sahova

Office
Featured Contributor (1)

Postby Clyde Sullins on July 2nd, 2014, 8:32 pm

Clyde was only half paying attention when Iceris spoke, already running his mind through the task at hand. However he did note the oddness of her speech, and knew something was off.

“Moderate skills in magecrafting and auristics. Iceris cannot imbue fire but Iceris was commanded to do anything to speed the process within her abilities. Iceris is temporarily authorized to secure supplies if Clyde Sullins requires more or replacements for materials used.”

Clyde nodded, her information clear and concise yet limited. Or perhaps focused was the better word, Clyde thought to himself. This was made abundently clear when she answered his question of her being able to Glyph, with a terse “Iceris cannot glyph.”

With that Clyde focused on inspecting the items Aura's, and Iceris set off to gather what he asked for.

As Clyde's Auristical sense fanned outward, he felt the three objects, a overimage of each of them floating in his djed vision. From this he felt minor details, the smooth touch of the medallion, which seemed finely made and without blemish. The hoof was a hoof, however as his focus trained on it he got the prickle of djed running down his back. Clearly he would need to inspect it further. The ichor though was a surprise, as when he looked upon it he could see it was heavily laden with djed. Clearly it had been a conduit for much magical forces, potent ones.

Done with the brief examinations, Clyde turned to the simplest one first, the medallion.

As he gazed at it its physical properties remained visible, the most obvious bit of its Aura. However as he looked deeper he noticed a strong layer of emotion attached to it. Ascertaining what this emotion was took much longer. It swam before him as a odd mix of yellow and orange. It had the tang of fear, but not quite. More like the tang of fear, but stretched out wide and thin. Like a blanket cloaking something. He was unsure why he saw it as such, but that was what he saw it as.

As he finished with the medallion, he turned to ascertain Iceris was there, and then spoke while returning his gaze to the next item.

“I'm done with the medallion, you can set it aside. And please remove the leather thong, we don't wont it to be a part of the final structural nature of the artifact. We will add it back later, when we are done, so bear that in mind in how you remove it.”

Next up was the hoof, which he had sensed djed upon. Clearly it should be potent in djed, since it was to act as a catalyst. When he gazed upon it, he got the vague impression of dryness, as if his tongue was parched and he needed a drink of water. Along with that he could sense residual djed upon it which meant it had either interacted heavily with magic around it, or had some kind of magic laced upon it. He also smelled a odd scent on it, one he could not recall or place. For a half moment he thought of the mouth-less monster whose filament he had used in another work of Magecrafting, one who he did not know a name for. He was unsure why reading this aura made such memories arise.

As he gazed deeply, Clyde once more got the sense of a parched tongue, but at the same time heard the swishing and swashing of water, and recalled a flash of memory of long ago making a wave of water with Reimancy, which he had used to knock down several men. The memories were not the thing, but the thing was of the memories. Clyde could not quite piece it together, but clearly there was some commonality between them he could not quite place.

With another sniff of the smell, he tried to place it but could not. It was familiar yet unfamiliar, wrong but right, a part of the hoof but distanced from himself.

Done with inspecting the hoof, Clyde called out for Iceris once more, telling her she could take it away. Then he turned to the final item, the ichor. He had long ago decided nothing would go into a item he worked on unless he first inspected it. There were far to much risk involved, to much uncertainty, such that he would always inspect each thing.

Inspecting the ichor, Clyde felt a wave of prickles run down his spine, a echo bouncing off and reverberating as his aura glanced across the periphery of the ichor's.

Clyde could not quite place the aura's, its colors flashing in rapid order, along with images flashing in his mind. For a moment his old apprentice flashed in his mind, a fluxer who had been trampled and mushed by a horde of Yukmen. One of the colors seemed to bleed into the image of him, a strand connecting the two.

Another image also flashed in his mind, that of the female wizard he had met not to long ago on Sahova, whose name escaped him. He had also inspected her aura, and had later learned that she practiced projection. Her aura, and the residual djed fragments clinging to it had a certain pitch, a certain color, a certain feeling. Vague similarities were felt between the two, as another one of the colors running off the ichor snaked through the image of the female projectionist, imbedding in her arms and billowing off in a rainbow.

As Clyde pressed deeper the images and colors became more clear, and he felt a sense of emotion as something clicked into place about the memories. In both cases the colors had highlighted the mages arms in the memories. The color was some of the fragments left on the ichor, and was also shining on the memories. Since he knew the one fragment was from a projectionist, and the residues left from it, it seemed to reason that he was seeing the same thing now. Likewise he had seen a fluxer before, his apprentice, and was making a connection there in color and intensity. Clearly the owner of this ichor was a fluxer and projectionist.

Judging by their intensities the projection was the more powerful, the more deeply inlaid of the two magics. Along with that the color shining in the memory of the projectionist shone much brighter than the squall of color in the memory of his apprentice. Both were strong, but the projection was deeper and stronger.

Of course this only told so much, as it could mean great bits of usage of djed recently in these arts, or sustained usage at a smaller level over a broader time, or something in between.

Focusing one final time, Clyde felt a sense of something, saw a flash of Rhysol the one time Clyde had seen him, saw a flash of blackness creeping up, and of a loud sound. From the way the image resonated, he did not think it was directly tied to Rhysol, but perhaps his mind was interpreting something within his domain or related to him, and that was what resonated in the memory. Considering what Rhysol so commonly stood for in general, this did not elecit a sense of trust or of comradery. Instead, it did quite the opposite.

Done with his inspections, Clyde let his Aura vision fade. For a moment his eyes fell on the slave Iceris, and a few vague faint impressions fell across him. But nothing deep, nothing not more or less obvious or not potent.

By then he was already withdrawing his Aura vision, cutting off the flow of djed, and turning to the pedestal were they would work.

“Alright, that's all of the items, I'll go ahead and prepare the Glyphing. Triple layered and enforced. Bear in mind we are going to be at this for awhile, you might want to try and scrape together some food. I don't think we will have much time to stop and acquire some once we begin, and this will take days optimally, if not more. At least five or six.”

Grabbing up the inscribing paint, Clyde would set about doing his Glyphing, warding and inlaying the pedestal with layer after layer of Glyphs surrounding it.

Once he began it was in a flash of motion, the Glyphs almost appearing on the stone floor of their own volition, or seeming to by the raw speed at which Clyde drew them out. In ticks Clyde did what would take others chimes. He did in a few chimes what would take a lesser Glypher bells or even most of a day.

The innermost layer was the swirly whirly bits, churning and coughing around the pedestal's base, a series of sweeping curving pathways pulling in with a focus at the center of each. This was repeated all the way around the base, not quite the same, but with a similar pattern of inwardly spiraling arms of pathways ending at a focus. This was to absorb and pull in any excess djed that might not integrate properly, or that might run off from their work.

Outside of this was a double layer of barrier words, set on their sides and with their bottom layers facing downward. Words such as: Enforce, constrict, constrain, withhold, block, shield, and stop. These were set one upon another, with the same words never touching above or next to each other.

Falling back, Clyde made a series of smaller runoff focus, which would come into effect should the initial swirly inlets be filled. These were wedged tightly in between the double layered barriers, and the swirly whirly bits.

Outside of the double layer of focus, Clyde drew out a series of focus equally spaced around the barrier, sixteen in all starting at the four compass points and then filling in between them, and then between each of these betweens. Around these a maze of barriers were filled in with swirling curving lines, a complex and confusing maze for the magic to meander through. Clyde then capped this off with a second dual layered barrier of words. outside of this, Clyde stretched out more Glyphing, a jagged array of sweeping patterns that did not offer any flat surfaces to the outer side of the Glyphs. This part was intended to ward off external sources of djed, and any djed to crash upon it would not do so directly, but in a long sweeping pattern with much washing back off of the curve.

In the inset of each curve Clyde enlayed another Glyph, a focus to absorb djed as the djed swept around and along. The outer side was capped off so that only the djed within the sweep pattern would be absorbed.

Finally, Clyde finished it off with another cap, a final dual layer of words, sweeping up and down with the rhythm of the outer Glyphs, not making a perfect circle as most would do, but instead a confusing mess of Glyphs that appeared somewhat random, but in actuality were purpose built for this unique circumstance, melding synergy and precision with a Chaotic seeming.

Letting out a deep breath, Clyde turned to the slave, and stood up.

“Alright, so Ice, I suppose we begin. Set the item upon the pedestal. We begin with intelligence as the first step.”

Clydes Stuff

I am actually in RL a super intelligent hamster from Rhode Island, with a 7 year plan to take over the world.

Update 6/2/18- 1:10AM EST: His 7 year plan a success, and several weeks ahead of schedule, Clyde leaves to oversee the world he has taken over.

No new threads after end of Spring 518-Will still be checking for PM's occasionally, but focusing on a new character.

Please be aware Clyde is a master Magecrafter. He therefore should not be gaining full xp(or possibly shouldn't gain any at all) for simple tasks related to this magic, such as low level MC items, particularly for repetitions of creations he has done before. Feel free to contact me if unsure of a instance of his magic use compared to his skill level.
Clyde Sullins
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Ink on July 3rd, 2014, 3:52 pm

Taking each piece in turn, Iceris completed her tasks with care and efficiency. At the mention of food she paused, her nuit master had clearly forgotten to provide sustenance for such a long endeavour. Bobbing her head the Vantha left with haste to find rations while he prepared the glyphs.

She returned, not only with food in her basket but a message on her tongue and a delivery golem at her heels. Before delivering her message though she took up the medallion and placed it upon the pedestal that would be its home for days to come. Only after following the order did she speak, “Clyde Sullins, my Master deems elevens days is too long. On the third day another will come to assist to speed the process, he is more skilled than Iceris.” She hesitated clearly deviating from script by hushing her tone, “Clyde Sullins should know that this other magecrafter, is not all proper in the head, but he is good.” Iceris elevated her voice again, “Is this acceptable? My Master will allow the time if Clyde Sullins thinks it best.” Instead of waiting idle for the answer she deposited her basket of food stuffs in the corner for storage. Whatever Clyde’s answer, she would quickly write out a short line and hand it to the small iron delivery golem.

Even the most skilled breaking of a slave often left undesirable traits in the remaining property.For Iceris one of these traits was that the echo of the first hammerfall made her flinch horribly but by the second she was recovered and working with efficiency to complete all of Clyde’s commands.

oocOk, as we discussed you can self-mod Iceris for a few posts. Also feel free to skip days, if Clyde chooses to accept the help I will reply on the 26th. I never meant to take 11 days of your season and so I provided additional help but left it up to you.
Ink
DS in Sahova

Office
Featured Contributor (1)

Postby Clyde Sullins on July 3rd, 2014, 7:37 pm

When Ice returned, which was what Clyde had taken to calling the slave, she was not alone. This time she had a golem with her. She also had another message to give him.

“Clyde Sullins, my Master deems elevens days is too long. On the third day another will come to assist to speed the process, he is more skilled than Iceris.”

Clyde nodded. Initially he had been annoyed to hear the person felt things were not going fast enough. Clyde was a skilled Magecrafter, to expect anything faster on such a high level enchantment... But he was assuaged when she mentioned that he was sending more help, instead of simply expecting the impossible of him working the enchantment faster. If he was more skilled, or even as skilled as Clyde himself, then that could easily cut the time to work in half... If not more, if Ice was still about.

She hesitated clearly deviating from script by hushing her tone,

“Clyde Sullins should know that this other magecrafter, is not all proper in the head, but he is good.”

Clyde puzzled that over for a moment. It was interesting to know that the Magecrafter to help was odd, or off. But really if he was to meet this new deadline, he would have to get things done faster...

“Is this acceptable? My Master will allow the time if Clyde Sullins thinks it best.”

Clyde shook his head, and let out a sigh.

“No, if this new Magecrafter is as good as you say... Then I suppose I can't pass up such help... If I work for three days with just you and me... And then the rest with both you and this other Magecrafter... I could probably complete the entire thing in six or seven days. I suppose I accept the help.”

Upon giving his choice, Ice gave the message to the delivery golem, and it rushed off as its kind did.

With that the conversation was done, and they were off to work. Ice had put the separated item on the pedestal. Clyde had ensconced it in powerful warding Glyphs. Nothing short of another djed storm would get through there, and even then his glyphs might keep it at bay.

Taking up the first hammer, Clyde ordered Ice to pick up a few more, and stepped up to the item. Standing over the item he once more expanded out his Aura vision, its magical sense slowly blooming before him. He felt out for the Aura of the medallion. As its basic nature rubbed against him, a flicker of color and sound, Clyde felt out for its djed makeup. Running through it was a webwork of pathways, some lined up with the physical shell, others in a much less linear nature.

Striking out Clyde impacted the surface just off to the right, infusing in the djed and forcing it out of the hammer and into the structure of the item. A slow resonating sound rose and embraced Clyde. Handing off the hammer he took a second one, and gave it another blow, this one in almost the same position, but angling the impact so that it struck a secondary cord of pathways just below the first.

Taking back the spent hammer, Clyde indicated the spots for Ice to strike, and then went back to replace the hammers with fresh ones.

As he returned he watched as she made the precise blows he had indicated, the sound rising and reverberating against his flesh with a prickling and cool sensation. While she was not the most skilled Magecrafter, she was good at following orders, and her precision in following his made them mesh well together.

Though he'd never before done a intellectual increase in an item, it was simply a deviation on a basic theory, and a small deviation upon things he had done before. As he made his light taps of blows, he focused on the item. He focused on the concept of thinking, of learning, of doing, of reasoning, and infused these thoughts into his actions, willed these abilities to rub off on the item.

After what seemed like chimes but was actually bells, he saw that they had gone through all of the hammers, and it was quite late. Between the different usages of Auristics, and the time on his feet using the hammers, he was quite exhausted, and it was very late.

Setting aside a empty hammer, he looked over at the slave.

“Alright, that's all for today. Any longer and we will start to lose productivity due to our being tired. We'll rise early tomorrow, get something to eat, and progress on with the intelligence enhancement step. We can probably complete a full step, and start on a second before the new Magecrafter comes. Perhaps we'll even have time to integrate the ichor.”

With that Clyde let out another sigh, and turned in for the night.

Clydes Stuff

Clyde Sullins
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Clyde Sullins on July 3rd, 2014, 8:37 pm

24 Summer 514- Day 2

Rising early, Clyde saw Ice was already up. He was unsure how long she had slept, but she had straightened some things up, and by the looks of it had recharged the hammers already. This meant they could start right away, after a bite to eat.

Knowing he wouldn't have time to stop later, Clyde ate more than he usually would for breakfast. But he knew it would help stave off hunger to come later, which would only distract him from his work. Today the would continue on with the intelligence step, and hopefully finish the first level of intelligence enhancement before they turned in.

“So Ice, I haven't looked yet, what are we having? You got some supplies, but I didn't see what.”

Regardless of what it was, Clyde ate with gusto, and was quickly enough on to his Magecrafting. Their Magecrafting.

Taking up the hammers in either hand, and seeing Ice had done likewise, he approached the pedestal. Flowering out his Aura vision, he checked on the item and its progress. He usually kept his Aura vision open the entire process of Magecrafting, that way he could detect any problems that might arise early, and could make sure the djed was infused in the most effective pattern.

That and since he was a very auditory Magecrafter, the sound of the djed entering the item told him much that he knew, and was a much simpler means of interpretation.

Focusing on intelligence in his mind, he struck once on the item, willing the blow to not just infuse in the djed, but also the concept and properties of intelligence.

The second blow he did likewise, canting it to a new degree but still striking it straight.

Pacing off he gave Ice some orders on positioning of strikes, and went off to grab new hammers. This time he spent a bit longer, choosing out the best ones to do next, choosing the ones best for the current stage of the process.

Upon returning he spent a moment listening to the sounds, to the cacophony, to the echoing blending notes rushing through the air and into his skin. A sound that was not a sound, which could only truly be heard by one who was both an Aurist and a Magecrafter. It was some odd fusion of the two crafts, one that worked with a useful synergy.

Almost without thinking Clyde acted, striking at the medallion again in the way that would produce the right "sound." Sometimes he directed Ice specifically for these, and other times he allowed her to go on her own abilities. In the end he melded it all together with his own notes, making it one harmony.

This kept up till the day was spent, and Clyde could feel the song deepening. They'd completed the first step of intellectual enhancement, and begun on the second.

Clydes Stuff

Clyde Sullins
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Clyde Sullins on July 3rd, 2014, 8:47 pm

25 Summer 514- Day 3

Having been working for part of the day on the second step of intellectual enhancement, Clyde was now shifting gears. Taking out the ichor, he prepared it for use with a uncharged hammer.

Taking out the ichor, he poured a bit over the head of the hammer. Turning to the medallion he let a bit more of it drip out, the ichor slowly dripping and oozing out bit by bit.

Focusing on the hammer, he wanted it to identify with the ichor, wanted it to bond and trust the ichor, to work for it and it alone. Within it was the blood and form of the nuit who has given it. These traits would then link to the item, and tell it that it could trust and work for its owner.

Slowly Clyde tapped the hammer on the medallion. As he did he felt a small rush of light as the essence of the ichor was absorbed into the item. The ichor on its surface vanished, as did the ichor on the hammer. It had been combined into the essence of the item, and it would now know those properties and listen for them.

Removing the rest of the ichor, Clyde repeated the process, trailing it over the item and its surface, rubbing it in and across it, a shiver as the djed of the ichor rubbed against his aura, and rubbed more into the surface of the hammer. He did this like it was some kind of skin cream, rubbing and melding it in slowly.

With another hammer strike it was inside, the ichor was spent, or at least almost all of it. There was one tiny glop, a drip, remaining, sitting in the bottom of the container. But enough was enough, and he'd used enough, he did not doubt it would bond with the ichor, the item, and would work as intended only for its owner.

Letting out a sigh, Clyde returned to the work of increasing the items intelligence, working with Ice for the rest of the day. Soon enough it was night, time to rest. On the next day they had someone new coming, someone else to aid. Clyde would rise, eat and do his morning ablutions, and then would be ready to meet this new Magecrafter, and to work their craft.

-End day three, continue on during day 4 the 26th-

Clydes Stuff

Clyde Sullins
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Ink on July 4th, 2014, 5:53 pm

On the fourth morning when the Pulsers arrived for their breakfast of too-crusty bread, jerked meat, and distilled reimantic water they were not alone. Though they had the pleasure of eating better than most while working on this project it still left much to be desired given the fare of the rest of the world. Their company wore a pair of brown trousers and a matching vest over a linen shirt, much less like a mage of Sahova and more like a common Sylirian human. Other than his unusual wardrobe the only other remarkable thing about the nuit was that he took the vessel of a Benshira, but was of course deathly pale. This contrast of tan and pallor created an unusual and unnatural skin tone.

With his hands clasped behind his back the nuit leaned over the magecrafting pedestal auristically examining the work in progress. As he backed away after half a bell, he finally noticed Iceris and Clyde. “There are you Iceris, have you been helpful to the apprentice?”

Iceris nodded, “Yes Bellerian.” Unlike with Clyde see met this nuit’s gaze, with the fiery passion of rivalry. “Iceris is always useful.”

“My, you are certainly energetic today. Perhaps they are feeding you too much.” He eyed the basket of rations.

“What Master chooses to feed Iceris is not Bellerian’s concern, but Iceris will tell Master you find his choices questionable.” Though her lips never moved, there was a steely glint in the Vantha’s eyes as they briefly churned into green before fading back to purple. “But Master would be even more put out if his project was delayed because of Bellerian’s questions.” Having returned to staring at her toes she motioned between the two, “Clyde Sullins, this is Bellerian. Bellerian is this Clyde Sullins. Bellerian is a Wizard, he specializes in magecrafting, auristics, reimancy, and hypnotism.” At the final word she peeked up at Clyde making certain he heard the final magic, “Clyde Sullins is Apprenticed to Mistress Jenkins and works in magecrafting and reimancy.” Even though Iceris had personally seen Clyde perform auristics and glyphing she left it out, and hopefully the mage in question caught on to this. Some times it was better to be undervalued than interesting in Sahova. Though they had only met days previous, Clyde had not been unkind to Iceris and this was enough, coupled with her clear animosity towards Bellerian, to make her take his side.

Bellerian looked away unamused but not rising to her bait either, “You are the lead on this project Apprentice Sullins, and seeing as it is already underway I will not gainsay you. Let us discuss our next step in the process. Judging from your progress the three of us could complete the piece in just a handful more days.” The undead mage looked over Clyde’s shoulder for a moment and stared, “Indeed” he said as though answering a question no one had posed, “it is time for the magic to resume.” He motioned for Clyde to take the lead.

Iceris shivered as Bellerian spoke his final lines but moved to work as well.
Ink
DS in Sahova

Office
Featured Contributor (1)

Postby Clyde Sullins on July 5th, 2014, 7:02 pm

26 Summer 514- Day 4

Clyde inspected his new work partner, a nuit of Syliran garb, and with a Benshiran body. It combined to an interesting look, though one that rose more questions than it answered. It did make Clyde wonder though why he dressed as such, as there was surely a reason behind it.

The nuit inspected the work of Magecrafting, not touching but instead inspecting it. The warding blocked Clyde from detecting the magic as he usually would, but he imagined since he stared at it for so long it was likely some kind of magical inspection, likely auristics. Of course since Ice had said she was off... Perhaps he simply was crazy.

Clyde listened as the two had a conversation, in part about him, but not directly requiring him to respond. However it was soon clear that there was a rivalry between the two, as they exchanged words quite heatedly.

“There are you Iceris, have you been helpful to the apprentice?”

“Yes Bellerian. Iceris is always useful.”

“My, you are certainly energetic today. Perhaps they are feeding you too much.”

“What Master chooses to feed Iceris is not Bellerian’s concern, but Iceris will tell Master you find his choices questionable. But Master would be even more put out if his project was delayed because of Bellerian’s questions.”

Finally after their words, Clyde was properly introduced. He was interested to hear of his magics, many in common with Clyde. They both had Magecrafting, Auristics, and Reimancy. However Clyde also had others, such as Glyphing, and Bellerian had hypnotism which Clyde lacked. Hypnotism was an interesting magic, and one he did not hold in much favor. Not after learning of it, and after the powerful spell that had been placed upon him while he was younger that had taken years to remove.

“Clyde Sullins, this is Bellerian. Bellerian is this Clyde Sullins. Bellerian is a Wizard, he specializes in magecrafting, auristics, reimancy, and hypnotism.”

“Clyde Sullins is Apprenticed to Mistress Jenkins and works in magecrafting and reimancy.”

Clyde noted that Ice only mentioned two of his magics, not mentioning the others that she had seen him do. This was odd, but he assumed there was a reason for it. Though he was unsure if this reason was in his best interest, or perhaps simply a way of getting something over on Bell.

“You are the lead on this project Apprentice Sullins, and seeing as it is already underway I will not gainsay you. Let us discuss our next step in the process. Judging from your progress the three of us could complete the piece in just a handful more days.”

“Indeed, it is time for the magic to resume.”

Clyde nodded, a but puzzled on the second line, but agreeing with the first. He supposed he was the lead on the project, as he had been the main one to work on it so far. Also it was his design, and his order for completion. Plus it was in his masters lab.

“Yes, probably another three or four days at most. We've already completed the first step of the intelligence enhancement, begun on the second, and integrated the ichor to link the item to its master, the owner of the ichor. We still need to do three more steps of intelligence enhancement, including the one we have already started. Plus, before we begin the third step of intelligence enhancement we need to integrate the hoof as the catalyst, to stabilize that section of the enchantment. Finally, we need to give it fire Reimancy, which will be the main magic it works with. I think we should do that last, once the intelligence is fully fleshed and can fully grasp what we instill in it.”

“I suppose if everyone is ready, we can begin on the current intelligence step.”

Clydes Stuff

Clyde Sullins
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Next