What the....?!! (Nehsmay and Seliarus, Please)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Center of scholarly knowledge and shipwrighting, Zeltiva is a port city unlike any other in Mizahar. [Lore]

Postby Orion on January 5th, 2011, 12:22 am

It was weird for Orion to have any form of resolve, many fallen he had met up to the point he was standing upon now, almost all of them, they all made the curiosity over his own thoughts even bigger. He was going to board a ship bound to Sahova in a few days, and even with all the rumours he heard about the island itself, he both felt and acted as if he was saying his goodbyes to the world, or the one of the living at least. It was fun how small things like the graciousness of the wind, smell of the soil, even the drunken rage of strangers, it was all the same, all grey and distant. He wasn't even dying yet, but still he kept prepearing as if it was already an assured thing. Fear, even if he could get himself rid of it soon, that day has not yet come to pass.

The world was becoming small, tiny even, it was becoming more strange and known, darkened, fleeting. He was not even sure where did all the adjectives in his head come from, yet he knew them all, all too well in fact. He was not really aware of his current location, he was even barely gripping the timeline of his past actions that day, one thing he knew for sure though, the sun was going to set soon, and that wasn't much of a mood improvement. As his mind settled slowly, it was still burdened by questions, but at least he noticed he was sitting down now; It had a good view of the horizon, where all three, the Sun, the sea, and the sky were about to merge in all their glory.

A piece of paper was in front of him, his fingers were now racing over the surface, as if he did not believe his sight, as if it had to be double checked. A small coal stick was in his other hand, the left one, as he was now moving it closer and closer to the paper. He was wondering what should occupy his interest on this bleak day; Smells were too hard to tell apart, and not worth some grandiose picture, the sounds were all one as the crowd was moving close to him, even the sights were hard on him cause he felt as if he was moving, even with his stationary seating. His dusky eyes were now falling onto a woman and a child, they looked as if they were homeless, or simply lost; Orion could not understand why weren't they moving, it was cold where they were standing, especially for the baby. The strange girl was simply sitting about a dozen feet away, with a sad smile on her face, rocking her body into motion slowly, but certainly, while mumbling some sort of a lullaby. A normal human being would have came to the woman and ask if everything is alright, or what aches her, but not him, he was neither normal, nor a human, all he could do was observe and capture the moment, he really was useless.

Six strokes past, first lines formed, and the silhuettes of the lonesome creatures were now looking like a pair of small clouds. Another set of steady movement gave birth to the general outline of the space around them, he could not draw people up close and in detail yet, he was not good enough... even for that. Instead he made them both part of a bigger whole. He could see a street filled with people on the paper he held as his own, he drew them quickly, only picturing the basic outlines of their personas and using the thumb of his right arm, he smudged them up a bit. All of the faces in the crowd were turned away from the small, incomplete family, they did not see, they did not want to see. There were two walls on the other side, each felt like it was pressing against the still blank parts of the page, leaning onto eachother, both looked as if they would fall on the first opportnuinty they get. The walls were getting more and more dense as he was now drawing the rest of the room, it was empty, but with each new line, he could feel a much more sinister pressence, and as he was grasping it, he was outlining a dark shaded form. A lone human, his skin scared, his face unknown, blood dripping down his arms, he had commited a sin, judgement was yet to be bestowed upon him. The sin took place in the dead of night, or so he thought, as he motioned the coal in a circular fashion in order to mark the full Moon above the sinner. He had split the paper into three parts now, not by force, but by lines. The Sun was what he drew over the heads of the crowd, he drew eyes onto it, but even those were closed, uninterested..... unfathomable. Between, in the twilight hour of his own paper world, there was solace, there was pain, there were all so many screams that could not be heard. The deed was about to end, there was but a single idea left in his mind before he could call this picture over. What looked like a dress at first was now looking more and more like a robe as he smudged it more and more, the effect he got, it looked as if the man in the back had stripped the sky from the heights, and made it his cloak. There were neither Sun nor the Moon dared to tread, the person that looked over the two lost ones seemed as if he was just about to turn and face the artist, yet he never did, nor he ever will. A gentle shaded layer was now set upon the whole painting, it made it look as if it was enveloped in mist and smoke, the particulard density of the shade was gathered upon the mother and her child, they were now looking like statues made out of stone, yet spoiled by mud.... all of them.

A slight chill on his back gave him all the warning he needed; jumping quickly, picking up the bag and heading away from the crowded area, it was time for his change to take place. He needed to be alone, he did not wish for anyone to see it, it was too much. As he was trying to run against the clock, he ran all the way to the outskirts of the town; It was less crowded there, and the silence was more of a real and achivable thing. It was mere seconds away, his transfromation, as he was standing in the shadow of a nearby building, he rushed in quick pace to greet the diminishing light, but his stroll was interrupted. Just about as his transformation was about to begin, his foot had met something that was not there a moment before, the foot of a stranger, he could not make out the details as he closed in to the ground. Time felt as if it was running in slow motion, each moment like an eternity. He could feel the change as he was bound to hit the ground. His body shifted right before he hit the land, and even after he did, he could not stop smiling, he had never before experienced such an ironic change. His senses came back to him slowly, one at a time, it was a tough fall after all; His head still casting down, he spoke in a bit more than a whisper: „Sorry, i really should mind my step next time..“ his voice trailed off as the realization of what did the stranger see had begun to catch up, it was quite likely that he had some explaining to do. His head raised slightly, to inspect the stranger, but what stood above him were two creatures, and one of them was.... his pupils dilated in shock...
Freedom Is The Biggest Lie, For We Are All Slaves To Fates Long Woven
Orion
On the edge of reason

Words: 112833
Joined roleplay: May 22nd, 2010, 9:43 pm
Location: Bleh... i like moving around.. a lot... in Zeltiva now... i guess
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Nehsmay on January 6th, 2011, 4:37 pm

Nehsmay wondered curiously how one town can be so incredibly different from the other. As soon as she stepped in Zeltiva she noticed how different it was from Syliras and Avanthal. First there were the people; with relief she noticed that the huge crowds of people were long gone, having been replaced by groups here and there, chatting some friendly, others less so, but certainly without pushing those who crossed their path around. So far, nothing she had seen in her travels could compete with the icy beauty of her city... she longed for it and times, then reminded herself that this was what she truly wanted. She didn't want her mother to arrange a marriage for her without having seen her world with its goods and bads. Secondly there was the university... the Vantha was no scholar; the stories she told were either heard from her elders or woven by herself. Not many books had crossed her path, preferring the spoken word to the written one. Yet the university was imposing and made her feel little and clueless.

There was one thing she liked about each place that she had visited so far. In the forest there was the soft rustle of the trees, the wilderness itself and the glittering rivers. In Syliras she had loved the Stone Gardens and the silence they brought as soon as night fell. Here it was the sea... she loved to see the blue, crystal mirror and the soft waves hitting the shore. It was mesmerizing and calming for the Vantha making her imagine brave adventures out there in the middle of the seas.

She had asked Sel to accompany her around the city in order not to get lost and manage to explore it while it was the least crowded. The outskirts were fairly quiet, without the usual fight and brawls she had witnessed in Syliras. Perhaps the day was simply lucky, she couldn't tell. Suddenly a blur ran past them and Nehsmay felt that person tripping over her foot and she saw a form toppling to the ground and falling. She couldn't tell if she was simply hallucinating or if it was truly happening, but just as the sun started disappearing making space for the moon the stranger started shifting as well, transforming...

Her eyes widened in disbelief as she turned to Sel and asked him with worry:
"Have I gone completely crazy or was he..." she gestured madly towards the fallen man just as he turned around and excused himself. However just as he spotted them his eyes widened in shock... Nehsmay groaned fully prepared to stop a fight or at least a misunderstanding.

Banners made by Nidae
Nehsmay
Storyteller Traveler

Words: 75952
Joined roleplay: October 6th, 2010, 8:02 am
Location: Somewhere in Ghed'ahre... stalking Te'ijal and Galahad
Race: Human, Vantha
Character sheet

Postby Seliarus on January 15th, 2011, 9:56 am

OOC: Orion. Don't kill me, Mhkay? Sorry for the latest reply..Like...Ever. D:
OOC: ...Oh and. My post...Not as long as it could be. =/

the Dhani accompanied the Vantha girl in her exploration of the City of Zeltiva. There weren't much things that really caught his attention, but he tried to act less bored as he really was. He knew that Nehs looked on the world quite different as he did, and he did not want to make her experience less nice with his grumpiness, and boredom. Looking on all of the things that came their way, Sel managed not to simply turn around and walk away. There was absolutely nothing. Fishers, ships, sea, cold. That's all he could see, or smell, for that matter. Luckily, he still had the bear coat, even though it wasn't enough to cover his whole body.

But then, this happened. Something ran past the two, tripped over Nehs, and vanished, before appearing again, as ...something else. His eyes widened, as he thought this thing would be hostile. And he had nothing to protect himself. He should probably get a weapon or something, just in case something like that happened again.

But, weapon or not, he stepped forward, in front of his Vanthan friend, acting like a shield, and started down at the...Thing. He seen it in his eyes that he was surprised. But he really had no idea of why. And what was it, anyways.
"Who knows? Life is like a roll on the dice. You can’t know if something is a good, or a bad roll until it already happened."

The CS moding, framing, editing, and making it look awesome = Copyrights; Nidassasyae Iskedarst
Seliarus
That lil' Snakey

Words: 124204
Joined roleplay: October 13th, 2010, 2:45 pm
Blog: View Blog (1)
Race: Dhani
Character sheet

Postby Orion on January 16th, 2011, 11:34 pm

:)I said i would wait, did i not? You worry too much :P Am glad you are back tho.

...Vantha, but why did that make his mind tremble so much, was it really so long since he last saw a living, breathing girl of the aurora. Not since the awkward moments he had spent with Khiara was he graced with a pressence of any other children of Morwen. Maybe that really was the reason. Orion let his mind focus on that thought a little before letting it drift away in order to commit himself to reality.

He was cheap on words, or so he thought as nothing came to mind, when silence began pressing onto them. It was hard and crude, yet soft and subtle... it was hard to put it into words, but it made him a bit edgy, and not even he fully understood that feeling, at least not inside of one such as himself. He slowly got up from his knees, standing up barely, with his back still bent as his hands quickly reached for his knees in search of something to lean on. He still shaked a bit; It really was a nasty fall, as the consequences of it just began to catch up, while he was fighting to ressist and overcome them.

Realising how his lack of an explanation might have caused the awkwardness of the moment to rise drastically. Panicing a bit, he started to talk quickly without much order or sense of diction: „ O.....rion“ he gasped as he fought for his breath. „S.... sorry... had no intention of charging... like... did“ it was not his Common that was broken, but the simple fact that the pain in his head made it actually quite hard to concentrate fully.

He finally gave up the fight as he let his body fell back onto the ground. Like this, the pain was somewhat lesser, so he spoke again, more freely: „I know that there is not really much reason to help me with the circumstances as they are, but i would still like your help getting back on my feet“ he paused briefly, only to inhale slowly before switching to Vani: „You can tell your friend here that it's alright to lower his guard, i do not bite.... much“ his face smiled slightly before he laid his head back onto the ground as well.
Orion
On the edge of reason

Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Nehsmay on January 17th, 2011, 7:43 am

OOCI'm sorry, very short post. I had no idea what to write more.

Apparently her presence had intrigued the stranger fact which made Nehsmay frown. 'Ok I'm almost a small kid why was he shocked. It's not like I'm a polar bear Kelvic.' She shook her head and continued watching the stranger with confusion mixed with pity seeing him clearly injured.

"My name is Nehsmay..." She paused not knowing how to answer to his comment about transforming. "I ... umm.." she didn't manage to say anything as the stranger collapsed on the ground again and asked for help. "Ummm... sure..." She said still doubtful until he switched to Vani.

Happy to hear her native language for the first time on her travels she too switched to Vani and said: "I'll try to tell him, although he doesn't trust people lightly." Turning towards Seliarus she send the message Orion had given her.

Banners made by Nidae
Nehsmay
Storyteller Traveler

Character sheet

Postby Seliarus on January 17th, 2011, 1:36 pm

The Dhani kept looking down at Orion. Somehow, from what he gathered, he ahd to change to feel better. into his true form? Into something other? Sel understood that much of the topic. Now, as he had no idea what Orion actually is, he was going to speculate that he's probably something not to mess with. At least not now. Until he would know more, and if he would turn hostile, then that would be like an open invitation for it.

But, strangely, all he did was lie down, and act like a wounded animal. Was that a really good act, or was he really that phlegmatic, he did not know. But in the pose he was, that would hardly seem like a generic act, so he decided he'd go with the second one. Right before he started talking in a gibberish he never heard before. No, not Common. But, seeing as Nehsmay answered back in the same way, it was probably something Vantha people spoke? Or changing weird people who trip over a Vantha. He tried his hardest not to smile at that thought.

He was told to calm down, as he wished no harm. By Nehsmay. Even if he couldn't trust him, he had to trust her. She did so too. So he relaxed a bit, and made a step forward, at the lying man. Even though his eyes were still filled with suspicious, he offered his hand at Orion. He did ask for help to get up, and Sel couldn't really think of any other ways of doing that. if he was doing something wrong, he'd be told so soon enough.
"Who knows? Life is like a roll on the dice. You can’t know if something is a good, or a bad roll until it already happened."

The CS moding, framing, editing, and making it look awesome = Copyrights; Nidassasyae Iskedarst
Seliarus
That lil' Snakey

Character sheet

Postby Orion on January 18th, 2011, 4:35 am

Orion was thinking about the weight he put to his fall; After all, he fell many times prior to his one, yet none were as painful, or as pathetic. He could see the man reaching his hand out to him, and almost at the same moment he did, he was already back on his feet. The stranger was strong... too strong.... for a human, or at least so Orion thought, as there were not any indicators which would point the non human nature of his benefactor. A single: "Thank you" was all he could manage at the moment.

Once upon his feet, he did not waste his time; grabbing a nearby wall he made sure that the ground beneath him would stay solid for as long as it takes. Looking down his figure, he could not help but smile at his sudden shrunk posture, then he turned his head to the curious duo. „I guess i do owe you some explanation for what just happened now, but i am not sure that you will even wish to have such knowledge... and i doubt you will forget it once you grasp it...“ his voice trailed off momentarily, searching for a sign of protest in either of them, but neither reacted, at least quick enough to stop him from continuing: „I was once Vantha, just like that girl over there“ he pointed at Nehsmay as he inhaled as much air as he could: „I died serving in the Icewatch, and....BOOM... a few years later i found myself falling down the same path i once took to climb to my well deserved place in Ukalas. The fall was hard, and it was no rose garden since.... You people call us Ethaefal, the fallen, some of us are known as forsaken, not me in particular tho“ he paused briefly, smiling absently: „People call me Orion these days.... once i was known as Jinvan Skyglow, until my idiotic death that is. Now if you don't mind, i would like to pass questions unto each of you?“ he paused again giving them time to reject, probably not enough, but he was not as patient today as he usually would be.

„Girl, i would like to obtain the knowledge of your name, if i may inquire on such private details? Also, i would like you to tell me have you ever heard the name Vornek Skyglow?“ he then exhaled slowly before letting his gaze slip to the stranger that got him his ground back: „Same question i have for you, but yours comes accompanied with another; Just what are you? Judging by your strength, you are not human, or at least not in the same class to any humans i have faced before“ he smiled at them slowly, unsure if the tension was still present on their part.
Orion
On the edge of reason

Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Nehsmay on January 18th, 2011, 7:50 pm

Nehsmay watched as the man slowly rise to his feet aided by Seliarus. The explanation that followed amazed her even though she felt a bit insulted to have been called "that girl over there". Ethaefal... she had not heard about them before; yet again she had only heard of three races back home - kelvic, dhani and symenestera and the last two she had heard of through the hushed voices of the elders as she stood listening at the doors.

To die and then to come back... she shuddered at the thought. And the change she had witnessed; she had only seen a glimpse of how he looked before the change, but she figured that one look was the former one from when Ethaefal were alive and the other... their current form? Or maybe how they looked in the Ukalas?

He had been a member of the Skyglow hold... as a child she had seen works of art created by members of that hold and admired them. She nodded when he had asked whether he can ask them questions.

"Nehsmay... Nehsmay Frostfawn." Again with the girl, she scowled. Hadn't she said her name previously? She wasn't sure, but she thought she did. "It's nice to meet you... I guess..." Vornek Skyglow? "I'm sorry, the name doesn't ring a bell."

She waited in aprehension as he asked Seliarus a different type of question.

Banners made by Nidae
Nehsmay
Storyteller Traveler

Character sheet

Postby Seliarus on January 19th, 2011, 3:49 pm

Should he speak, or should he keep his act from Slyras going. He did not know this man, nor did he even trust him to begin with. So, he wasn't your average human, but rather, a dead human who fell somewhere and now...Is something else? BOOM? What the heck was this unlogical race of ...falling dead people? That made no sense. he heard some strange things about different races of humans, or something. Even though they were all same to him. But, this one...Claimed he died, and fell. And re-lived as somebody else. his head started to ache, but he did not show anything to the outside world. He kept a cold glance over the man he helped up. Only nodded at his thanking.

His question did hurt his pride a little. As much as he'd like to answer that, he simply wont. As much as he respected his heritage, there was simply no way he'd even start to speak until he would know he could trust this Orion. Then again, they weren't exactly in the center of the City, so he could risk a few words. But, NO. he could simply blabber something to a guard or something, and he'd get chased out. Deep inside, he did knew that chances of that happening were almost zero, but, he was paranoid. He wasn't going to trust everyone. That is a sign of weakness. He wasn't going to do anything. But, he shouldn't hold it against him if he wanted to know. But he should. But he shouldn't. He...He...

Sel shook his head. His self talks were driving him more and more confused. Then again, he did know he should do something, as both of them were staring at him. Why are they staring at him? He didn't do anything! Or, maybe that's the problem. He lifted his right arm, slowly, towards his lips, and placed his index finger on them. He shook his head afterwords, as he poked his lips with his fingers. he wasn't going to speak. He couldn't speak. Not for the outside world. He was a mute for everyone else but his close friends. That's his story and he'd be sticking to it.

His eyes traveled to Nehsmay, merely a moment, as he hoped she'd look back. He shook his head lightly at her, as trying to tell her not to say too much things regarding him. What he did, however, is drag a couple of lines in the dirt with the heel of his shoe. Three letters, written in plain common.

S.E.L.

He would point at the letters, and then at his chest. Offering a sour smile, he'd look back at Orion, hoping he'd understand what he was trying to show.

Seliarus
That lil' Snakey

Character sheet

Postby Orion on January 22nd, 2011, 7:54 pm

:)Sorry for delaying the thread, my extreme laziness has took it's toll, things should move more smoothly now :D
Nehsmay, the girl on whos name he enquired twice, seemed to have a hard time grasping everything he had just blurted out. He could not recall a time when he felt as confused as they looked now. It might have been too much to tell all at once? Maybe it wasn't, it was probably his lacking people skills that made it all too awkward. Frowning slightly at the his inner analyzing of the current situation, he sighed slowly before turning his gaze to the man who seemed to be mute; Well it was either that or he was trying very hard, either way, it made little difference to Orion.

He shrugged at the answer Nehs had given him, if it could be called an answer. What it wasn't would be satisfying, but that was beside the point now, anyway. Unsure what should he say next he just went with what seemed natural to him: „Well too bad, i never hoped for much when it came to information on my past life connections. After all, it is a miracle enough to have met another Vantha so far away from home. Might i ask what drove you away from Morwen's embrace?“ he laughed a bit to himself, as he had realised that his choice of words might not have been completely adequate, it was winter after all.

The man suddenly shook his head and it was only then that Orion noticed that he was starting to move his foot on the ground. It was not long after that he could make out a single word, three letters, „Sel“; It indeed seemed like a weird name for a human, still it was probably just a nickname. He nodded slowly, as his brain slowly accepted new facts, he smiled once more speaking silently: „I am sorry for asking you to talk, it was foolish of me, but anyway i am glad to have met you Sel, thank you for the help once more“ he took in a single breath before speaking again, as silent as ever, but this time in Vani: „Your friend, what happened to him? He alright?“ there was not much more that could have been said with everything as it was, or at least so it seemed to the Ethaefal.
Orion
On the edge of reason

Character sheet
Scrapbook

Next