Closed [Sunset Quarter] One with the weave

(Zandelia)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A lawless town of anarchists, built on the ruins of an ancient mining city. [Lore]

Moderator: Morose

[Sunset Quarter] One with the weave

Postby Fallon on July 31st, 2014, 8:08 pm

90th Summer 514 AV

Eyes gave a drift, slow, steady and gentle, the low hum reverberating up her throat as she watched. It was the bells of the evening, the shadows stretching and making patterns upon the ochre turned ground, and the cool breeze of the air sweeping its way through. Leaves had begun to turn, the tell tale signs of crispness encroaching across them and forcing them to begin their curling. The once blaring heat that came with the peak of the season started to ease off, creeping down gradually into something more manageable for her to cope in. The cooler days were approaching, and it was with that in mind that Fallon could not help but let her lips break round into a curl. Once more she would be able to work at her finest, and with that in mind it meant she could focus her attention on securing her position within Sunberth once more. But for now there was other things to attend to. Important things.

It was from her spot at the corner that Fallon watched the world go on by. Around her finger a series of keys were played with, the rough iron being run between the digits as she considered the plan for the next few days. It was time spent to unwind, the last season had left them on tense edges and being firmly pushed to their limits - now things had begun to simmer and calm, the gangs withdrawing in that momentary calm before the storm, it was the opportunity that Fallon took up to the more personal things. Of course, caution was still the word, but it meant there could at least be a moment's breather to do what was wanted.

Gloved fingers gave a curl, tightened and then relaxed. It might have been surprising to see that Fallon had foregone the armour for a change, the lighter cloths and reds against her frame being held instead. It did not mean she was unarmed however, the single tulwar and a kukri hung upon her - the rest of her equipment was kept stored away and safe behind the lock the key fitted. Lips were wetted, an adjustment of the red collar so it stuck up correctly and was free from the white collar below. Fabrics were cleaned, fixed in places where they had begun to fray, but hung loose and open to allow the subtle breeze in.

Another flicker, she pressed her shoulders against the wall as she watched a group of sulking thugs march on past - still carrying their hurts from the fighting. Her eyes gave only a narrow, a gentle rise of the chin and the fall of the hand onto the hilt. They came no closer, only warily watched in return as they stalked on past. It was the way it was now, tense air among the small gangs with the true conflict brewing slowly and waiting to begin. Her fingers lowered, a gentle tap to the heavy weight that rested within her pocket serving as a reminder. Today would be a day of peace, calm and understanding.

Waiting however, did not help in maintain a state of calm. Wonder and worry did grow from within, the pang of concern that everything was indeed alright and that the woman would simply appear any moment now. She could look after herself, and they had looked to protect and hide themselves where they could - but that seed of doubt did plant itself and grow. Mentally, she went through the list of possibilities and what had lead up to now. She had sent a message to Zandelia to meet her here, she did not fancy the usual spot of the Pig's Foot, and instead chose to brave the outside for a change. Besides, from here it would only be a short walk to their destination where the necessities had already been sorted - good food, drink, the aids of relaxing and the removal of stress.

Her mind steeled, a look down to her hand for a moment as she considered the other half of the plan. It was time, she knew that, and now was as good of an opportunity as any. Djed gave gentle thrum, a flicker as she considered her astral layer for a moment, and the promptly let the energy disperse. It would all come together in good time - if the woman appeared of course. And it was that factor that made Fallon hesitate. She released a low mutter, "Come on Sunshine. Hurry up..."
FALLON
Fallon | Coffee Codes | Skill Images

Fallon is a Master of Intimidation, "At this level, a Master intimidator often unconsciously intimidates their target unless the intimidator monitors their stance, tone, and actions to prevent this. Master intimidators will nearly always have a reputation that precedes them unless they have taken special care to prevent it."
Fallon
The Red Wolf

Words: 2242110
Joined roleplay: January 21st, 2013, 4:24 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 9
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Artist (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Zandelia on July 31st, 2014, 11:06 pm

The fires of Summer were all but spent though it was difficult to feel it was so as the baked refuse pile that was the city of Sunberth still seemed to radiate heat into the evening well enough to make it seem Summer still lingered strongly. She had lived in Sunberth most of her life though and she new it well enough to appreciate the subtle differences - the slightly shorter days, the cooler salt winds buffeting the coast, the quicker dissipation of Syna’s battering. In truth though, if you wanted to see it at work you just had to look at the dirt streets. Usually hardened and dried by the light of day into a sort of clay it now crumbled in places and potholes were appearing where it gave way. She weaved around their gathering numbers, footfalls precise as she moved. She had been summoned, for want of a better word, and she was not one to ignore such a delightful summoner.

As she made her way towards the Sunset Quarters she considered the passing of the season and what it had contained. Blood, death and slavery reared profoundly and yet freedom and salvation had also played its part in the drama of Summer. Shadowed games, hunting and string pulling. A few allies made here and enemies there. Though most of the enemies were gone or subdued adequately now, a fact for which she was thankful. In truth she was looking forwards to a small portion of relaxation and recuperation. Once she would have said she was growing tired in her old age, yet she was strangely invigorated on late. She no longer felt a drying husk of Tanroa’s torment. She had tried to pinpoint exactly when she had started to see herself as younger, no longer a crone, yet it was impossible to tell. She suspected the source though, she was not a fool.

“And she calls me and I answer,” she muttered to herself softly, “strange how that works. One day the teacher the net the student. Sometimes in the same day too” she mused with some amusement.

A pleasant memory had certainly been created, of that there was no doubt. Few and far between they were and indeed more precious for that fact. Te city was a hard and brutal place, she counted herself fortunate to have lived so long and accrued some valuable moments with which to forge onwards without total and bitter disappointment. Some successes had buoyed her, had made her see that not all was in vain. She was good at what she did, the best in the city perhaps though that was yet to be fully tested. Still it was empowering to find such self-realization. The Sunset Quarters loomed ahead, hunched and cramped into a section of the city that was only fractionally richer than what remained of the Tent City these days. She slipped in without notice, no more watchers to concern her.

It did not tae long to find the woman, she leant against a corner as she simply too a few moments to observe her. She was hidden in the shadowed leeway of one of the larger building’s many doorways. She was not wearing her customary armor and that was interesting in and of itself. She noted that Fallon seemed far more at ease now, not just due to the cooling temperatures but also in the mannerisms. Watchful but not overly paranoid, no armor to prove she felt less threatened and thus more capable and founded. She had tried to teach the woman, give her things to ruminate upon and with which to find a stable footing from which to launch herself. She felt she had succeeded in the larger part of that goal, though of course not all of it was something she could tae credit for.

I do, however, take credit for her blossoming. Once a closed off and frightened persona. Afraid even of touching. Not anymore. Perhaps not with most but she certainly has been more…outwardly going she smiled to herself as pushed herself away from the wall and began the slow wall towards her target.

She wore no armor herself, she had grown tired of its weight after wearing it for so long and indeed she even felt as if she were lighter, quicker and more agile without it. She had her cloak though, she would not be caught without it - such a useful item and yet innocuous to most. She had her daggers and her tonfa of course, she was not an idiot. She didn’t need protection to dance with blood but she did require weaponry. It was with a casual stroll that she finally approached, coming into her eye line. She stopped and bowed theatrically.

“You wanted to see me Bitzer? To what do I owe this pleasant honor? Not more trouble I hope?” she licked her lips at that and for a split second there was a flash of concern across her visage, a flickering of worry in her singular emerald orb.

I bloody well hope not, too much of that for one season already and I'd like a decently quite beginning to the Fall she told herself vehemently.
Zandelia
I Aim To Misbehave

Words: 1798131
Joined roleplay: September 23rd, 2011, 12:35 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
2011 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Fallon on August 1st, 2014, 5:00 pm

The frown hovered for a moment, a narrow down as she let doubt and worry niggle away for a few more chimes - only to have it lift. The woman had appeared, and with that her troubles gave a fade away to relax. There was nothing to fear, she was safe and with that knowledge she found some ease. A flicker of the curl of lips, a dart down to the woman's form as she took that exaggerated bow, and for a moment the summer air framed it all. It was from her spot in the shade that Fallon pushed herself off, hands parting the coat so they could rest within the pockets of her trousers. Teeth flashed, the eyes gave the flicker of a glow, and the voice of Bitzer escaped, "Elegant as always in your greetings, Web. Yes, I did require some of your time... if you have some spare that is? I will not press you if you do not."

"Depends on your definition of trouble,"
She gave an incline of the head to follow, her hand coming out from the pocket once more in gesture to their general direction, a row of apartments that looked like many of the others in the general area, "Come with me, we have much to discuss and much things to partake in." There was the subtle tap as her feet met the floor, a step out into the light, and the thumbing of a key once more. The slither of iron was turned, grasped and then nestled once more within her palm. Steps were kept light, a gentle bob and a weave as she spoke into the evening air, "As you know, this season has been rather straining for various people - yourself included - and so, it has been decided that certain... Rewards will be granted to those who have show exceptional hard work."

It was an attempt to make things sound as business like as possible, or at least mask the actual nature of their relationship. There was a nod up to the exterior stairs up to the apartment door, she took the key out properly this time, and the lead upwards to it. Wood groaned, a shift in weight as she gave a look back to her surroundings. None were around, no one was spying upon them or watching carefully. For the moment they were free, safe and secure, nothing to worry about here, no additional sets of eyes staring down on them considering where to strike next. With an approving nod to the lacking watchers, she proceeded to open the door and ushered them in.

It would have been obvious that this would have been one of the more supposed elegant ones - by Sunberth standards at least - that existed within the Sunset Quarter, filled and fitted with various comforts for one who wished to stay in them. It was with a firm step in and a swing around of the key that the mercenary proceeded to make her way across the room. Shutters were flung open, the last of the light pouring in and sending the room aglow. Cool air and a breeze filtered through, a small prowl about as she checked everything was where it was left - the armour and other tulwar remained slumped in the corner, her own cloak hanging over the bed's footboard. Her hand gave a gesture around the space, before she took a pad over towards the table and chairs. Clearing her throat, she begun to speak within those rolling tones once more.

"Make yourself comfy Sunshine," She pulled off the leather gloves, gently placing them down and flexing the digits in the air. There was a noticeable stiffness within the right, and in return that was met with a subtle frown. She rubbed at it for a chime or so, easing out the muscles and gently massaging it. Once eased, she removed the contents of her coat pockets into the trousers, and promptly hung the outer wear over the back of her chair. Taking up a bottle of wine, she proceeded to pour the contents out into cups, "So, why I really have you here. Well, a few things really," she took up one of the cups and passed it to the woman, "Firstly, is to say thank you from the perspective of a leader and a more professional sense." Leaning back against the table she removed the tulwar blade and placed it upon the surface.

"The second," She swiftly continued, raising the cup slightly, "Is to, like you did to me, make you relax. Enjoy the moments and recuperate the energy lost. Enjoy things, have pleasant things. Food, drink, a good bed, hopefully pleasant company. Not just for one night but several this time. I have the apartment secured for several days into next season and must ask that you do indeed take this well earned break. Of course, there is no ribbon this time... but, I shall do my best to curb myself to your wishes on this occasion," she pointed at herself then, lips curling into a smile, "This vessel is yours to command as you see fit. I will let you be in charge this time. However," her expression turned serious after that, "There is one more thing."

Taking a sip of the wine she let the full bodied taste rest within her mouth. She was never really much of a wine drinker, upon choice of alcohol she would rather have chosen spirits, but had no luck in finding any. Her eyes gave a drift up and down, a long moment of consideration as she tried to find her words. Her head cocked to one side, lids pinching slightly as she weighed up her options. It was only then, slowly that she begun to speak, "I want to introduce you to my world. Teach you beyond theory. Of my weave. My school. My..." she exhaled the last word as a whisper, "Magic."
FALLON

Fallon is a Master of Intimidation, "At this level, a Master intimidator often unconsciously intimidates their target unless the intimidator monitors their stance, tone, and actions to prevent this. Master intimidators will nearly always have a reputation that precedes them unless they have taken special care to prevent it."
Fallon
The Red Wolf

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Artist (1) Overlored (1)

Postby Zandelia on August 2nd, 2014, 2:17 pm

“I could be a crass buffoon if you like, but I’m not sure it would have quite the same effect,” she noted wryly and looking her up and down, “you look well today, better than you have been. Time? I have all the time in the world now, for a time at least. An amusing saying” she noted as she looked around those who flickered past them both on in the street.

There was no sense of urgency to the tableaux but it was not overly long before the signal for movement was given, stepping in and padding behind her as indicated. There were appearances to maintain after all, at all times. She could never assume that in public they were not being observed, to do so would be folly, as such she nodded and followed without a word. There was more than the professional though, on the personal level she was curious. She had assumed that for a time they would spend time apart- throwing off any of those enemies as remained, singular entities were harder to find after all. That and the fact that relaxation and reflection previously had been done in isolation. They had their moments together for such things but still much was done alone.

“Rewards?” she asked faintly, this was not something she had expected but followed along still, “does that mean that those who have been…strained…the most get the biggest reward do you think? If so I might have to think of something for another time” she stated softly as they came to the stairs.

Stopping at the bottom was simple enough, pulling her cloak off now and hanging it over one shoulder as she turned to watch the lingering light for a handful of chimes. Scattered and pottering they were, people of little value - or rather golden value - trying to scrape by. The Quarters were not a wealthy place by any stretch of the imagination and for Sunberth that practically meant a level above squalor. She frowned at that, decent people for the most part. Se had never had trouble from them here, unless they were outsiders. She still had yet to return to that building where her father had been humbled, she presumed it was now a haven for beggars and the like. Perhaps, when she was wealthy enough, she would rebuild it and give them somewhere true to stay.

“As you wish Bitzer” she stated matter-of-factly before springing up the steps lightly, almost jumping as she went and stepped into the apartment.

She did have to wonder to herself for a few moments why this place had been chosen. It was opulent enough, larger and possessed of far more furnishings and conveniences. She put her cloak over the back of a chair and stepped towards the bed - the most important thing of a living space decades of hardwiring had taught her - and pressed her hand into it to test its comfort. It was not a ruler’s luxurious harem piece but it was certainly soft enough to drag even her racing mind into the depths of sleep if lain upon. She smiled slightly and stepped back.

Not yet, I’d end up sleeping for days and miss what we’ve come here forshe told herself, promising a nice, long restful span in its clutches soon enough. She did, however, pullout her weaponry and pile it upon the mattress with a casual look at Fallon.

“I have learnt it is useful to have a dagger by the bed recently, call it adaptive behavior” she stated as she turned and made her way towards the chair and the table, “so who is this for then? I’ll have to make sure I give them some silver for drinking their reward no? No? Ah, right. Me. I did wonder when you would begin to appreciate me more” she grinned as she picked up her cup and sipped from it as she listened.

She too it onto her tongue and tilted her head as she let it sit and the taste dissipated into her senses, it was a decent wine at that she found. Clearly it had not just been pulled from whatever merchant had some random stock, this was a good vintage though she could not place where it had been made. Full bodied, aromatic and delightfully tangy she thought she could sense a smoky tint to it as she superdome more before inhaling through her nose. Certainly not cheap tavern fare. She placed the cup down for a few moments as the words continued and her gaze turned thoughtful.

“No ribbon? Shame. Obedient? I will believe that when I see it. Not too much I hope, it’s more you struggle a bit. I always admired that about you,” she responded slowly, feeling out the words with the sense there was more to what was wanted also, “but you needn’t do this to than me, I need no thanks. I did it for you, you now that. But…you want to pamper me then I won’t disagree. Perhaps this time I can get a properly completed…conventional…massage” she smiled around the rim of her cup as the last piece was put into place.

She paused in her drinking, though her arms and the cup did not move merely rest the wine upon her lips as she froze for a few seconds as the words san in before she placed it back down and away from her mouth once more, slowly and carefully as she swallowed considering them carefully. She cleared her throat as her gaze went distant, fingers tapping out a rhythm upon the table before she flicked her gaze to Fallon directly and met her eyes with her own singular. She said nothing for a time, thinking in her simplest form. Weighing up what was being offered and what it represented. The magic was-strangely - immaterial when it came to the representation. It had more to do with the trust being proffered and the intimacy of the knowledge involved. The magic was the confluence and not the meaning.

“What you are saying,” she tested the words and thought it out slowly, “if I understand you correctly, is that you want to…make it possible for me to…” she let the words die there, some things were best left unsaid, she did not want to speak out the word initiation it was too dangerous.

“Which means that you are ready to be a teacher,” she observed with a warm smile, “I was wondering when you would realize your potential. You once said it was dangerous, that it could kill someone I presume. So what your asking is whether I want to risk my life to share this with you?” she asked quietly as her fingers continued to tap out a rhythm. There was a long silence then as she thought further.

“Is there anything you wanted to as me? Or to say before I answered with exactly the same answer either way?” she queried directly.

“My answer, is of course, yes. Yes” she stated simply.

It was not a difficult decision to make really, it was both a powerful and useful tool that she could add to her talents already developed. It was a mystery, an enigma and it called to her as such. It was a further bond between them and one which she could use to further her protective desires if developed well enough. She had seen it in action many times already. She had no qualms in assenting to it, she was always seeing out new knowledge and here it was being offered to be able to use as well as to know. She ad truthfully planned on asking for it eventually but the time had given it to her instead.
Zandelia
I Aim To Misbehave

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Fallon on August 2nd, 2014, 5:03 pm

Fallon studied the woman carefully over the rim of her cup. Her eyes became glazed, looking and flickering occasionally to those curves, the way the lips pursed and the voice purred back its timed quips. Her own remained pursed into a line, hidden behind her drink as the niggling worries and concerns brushed against her consciousness. If things went wrong, if the process slipped up and made a mistake, what damage would there be? What would happen? She took a sip, almost as if to force down the lump that had begun to grow within her throat, as the possibilities piled up and the potential for guilt rested solely upon her shoulders. She inhaled, sucking in the scent of wine and drink, with the feeling of it already turning sour upon her stomach. She gave a small snort into her cup, "Perhaps obedient is the wrong word then.

Taking another mouthful of wine she placed the cup firmly down onto the table . There was only a look towards the weaponry she had left there, the tactical positioning of the dagger that made her wonder if she should perhaps fear for the state her shirt would be left in. Bare fingers gave a tug upon the fabric, but she did not worry about it for too long, not when there were other pressing things, "Maybe sensual would be a better word then? Gentle. Smooth. Not as rough and... demanding."

Her head cocked to one side, a gentle push up and forward from her position at the table. She caught the grin, the look as both tried to almost feel around the other. Her gaze pulled away, looking to the window in consideration and the world beyond. Zandelia's words did not go unnoticed however, and it brought the tugging of a smirk to her lips, "Did you not like the version I gave you then? Alas, there was I thinking you were enjoying it, all that smiling and..." she gave only a glance back then, looking to see the subtle reaction, "Yes, this is for you. Because I wish to pamper you. And I shall try to give you a better treatment this time. No promises though."

Giving a wink, she proceeded to roll up her sleeves, pale skin catching as she watched the woman pause and finally take what was said into consideration. The mischief once more fell away behind a thoughtful expression, her eyes drifting away and refusing for a few chimes to make complete eye contact. It was hard to focus with that emerald orb peering down onto her. It was weighty enough to know what exactly she would be bringing the woman into, the risks and the sense of responsibility that would come forth with it. Lips were licked, the hearing of the rhythm upon the table in the midst of the silence. Her eyes lifted and returned to the woman, seriousness resting there as she internally steeled herself for what was to come.

"Yes, that is exactly what I am saying," she gave a nod, a step towards the woman and the space between them closed. Her hand hovered, reached out, and covered the one that tapped the idle, thoughtful tune upon the surface. The smallest of squeezes, the softening of the sea-green orbs, as she looked solely upon the woman and the warm smile. It truly was like the sun, she mused to herself, her other hand reaching up to gently stroke against her cheek. There was a flicker, a moment almost of hesitation to the knowledge that everything could be snatched away within the smallest misstep, before it too died down once more. She knew what she was doing, as did the woman with the nature of such an initiation - the risks had been laid clear before. Her fingers clenched in reflex at the moment of life and its risking was spoken, her jaw tensing and her gaze snapping away once more.

"I... yes," She could not look straight, she needed to keep her composure however - it was vital to. Both sides needed to be in a state of calm, to be able to read the situation and know how to work with it. A sharp inhale, her brow pinched, focusing on the empty point in the room, before finally there was an exhale. Her gaze swept back, reformed and solidified in its holding. She released the hand, taking the cup from the woman and placing it firmly down upon the surface. The answer came of course, filled with certainty of the chosen path - Fallon only gave a nod in respect to her wishes.

"Very well," she exhaled, brushing a strand of hair from the woman's face. Eyes drunk the image in, savouring it and the way the colours patterned across her skin in the light. The weight of the question however made itself known, and whilst there was much to be said, to be asked, it was difficult to communicate it completely without action - they spoke louder than any words after all. Pressing, she gently bumped her forehead against the other, hands snaking their way across the form. One rested around the waist, the other rising up and nestling between the strands of hair. She kissed her, a pull away as the orbs looked deeply, a flicker of simple need and looking for answers resting there for those few short chimes. Inhaling, she held her close, a near squeeze as she remembered the scents and the sensations of her loved, and nestled her head into the crook of her neck.

"Just, for a moment, I..." she pulled away slightly then, her hand touching the cheek and cupping it once more. A warm smile flickered there, "You know how I feel. I need not say." Her head turned to that of the bed, a moment of consideration and thought, " You're not only my love, but also my student. If you have questions, ask and I will try to answer you. First student, first of many things. Feel honoured. And as a student of mine it is only right that I give you this..." There was a gentle move away, a finally look up and down. It would be the last she would see the woman in such a state before being initiated - it only really just dawned on her. Her hand reached into her pocket at that point, feeling into the depths of it to summon out what she had previously placed in there.

Pinched between her fingers was a solid glass ball, twisting and swirling in shades of green and blue. The rimmed edge caught the light, reflecting and refracting in its interior and casting a glimmer into its depths. It was then, that she took the woman's hand and placed it within her palm, "It is yours. Look after it." Fallon licked her lips, her expression turning serious, "When we do this... I need you to be comfy, and relaxed. And calm. And somewhere where you won't fall and hurt yourself." Her hand gestured around the room, "It's at your disposal, as am I. So... how do you want to do this? Where would and how would, do you think, would be good for you? Honestly now. Even if you think it's ridiculous."
receipt :
3 inch diameter ball (1.5gm)
Colour, Green (x0.75) and Blue(x2) = 2.75 multiplier
Total = 1.5x2.75 = 4.125gm = 4.13gm
FALLON

Fallon
The Red Wolf

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Artist (1) Overlored (1)

Postby Zandelia on August 2nd, 2014, 5:54 pm

There was concern there within the gaze, the move was a risky one but logically well-founded at the same time. Zandelia was her closest ally and more, one she knew would not betray her trust. She had the skills and the abilities, backed up clearly by the knowledge and intelligence. To gain another of her own kind, using the same abilities though - she had now doubt - styled differently to the warrior would be a clever move in a city where every advantage possessed could mean another breath drawn, life extended a moment longer. Still it was a risk, she would lose it all if done incorrectly. That much had previously been made abundantly clear throughout their various conversations upon the matter of magic, amongst other things. It would taste a lie upon her tongue if she told Fallon she was not concerned either but then her life had been a maze of risks, they were no strangers to her. She looked into those eyes and smiled slightly.

“You are no more demanding than I am, you now what you want and you as for it when it seems right to do so. I would think, on the whole, that putting up with my foibles is repayment enough for putting up with yours Wolf,” she stated before taking the cup once more and finishing the contents in one, long series of swallows, “gentle is good though, less rough around the edges. Fallon dear I do believe that you have changed somewhat. Can’t think why now” she continued as she frowned deeply into the empty receptacle in her hand.

She grabbed the bottle and poured out another cup, if she was going to do this she was damned well going to enjoy what might be the last few real moments left available to her. Time was narrowing, the nodal point approaching rapidly. The longer it was put off the more fearful they would become, the less chance of actually going through with the plan. It might never rear its head again she knew but it could wait a few chimes longer as far as she was concerned. She would not lie but she was a decent actress and she continued in a relaxed, calm manner in an attempt to combat Fallon’s concerns. She leant back and that was when the woman approached to experience the closeness they had built, that they shared. Kiss lingered, the scents taken in and the sensation of touch - all were far more powerful that a thousand armies. She knew that all too well now.

“Careful now, carry on like that and we might not make it to the event,” she breathed as she looked upon the face, brows meeting, and not for the first time commemorating it to memory, a bittersweet knowledge that it might be her last, “the visions you have given me are what keeps me alive, I think. Of course I bloody enjoy them” she snorted as she drank deeply once more.

“Honored? Oh I am, though forgive me if I don’t put on plate and mail and swear a solemn vow to uphold that honor. I do not believe that the metal would suit me. As for firsts…well I have a few of my own. First to swear loyalty to, to say I would die for formally, to have my arse kicked - several times I might add,” she counted them off with the fingers of her free hand, “first to tame and most importantly of all…first to give everything to and for. So you should feel…what was it…fifth honored? I think? No, sixth. I missed the part where I should tell you that I love you most of all things. That is what should be said at such times I believe” she drank again, merry was a good thing right then.

“A glass ball,” she stated with amusements she peered at it and felt its smooth surface in her hand, “and fitting color. Thank you, I shall keep it safe as you have done with yours. Teacher indeed. Now, let me see…” she finished the second cup and placed the cup down with a resounding tap upon the woodwork.

She brought it close to her eye and with her free hand made the mystical gestures she had seen the old crones doing in the tent city when it had been there in all of its glory. Fingers clawed and splayed repeatedly, swirling around the glass ball slowly as digits wriggled and she made the keening sounds that should customarily be made by said claimed mystics as she continued her display. She gave a false start and an in-taking of breath - sharp and surprised as she widened her eye and peered ever closer at the orb, almost touching it now.

“Of course, yes….I see. I see a woman…no a wolf. And another wo- a cat. Very powerful symbols they are. And they prowl and skulk and scratch and bite…not each other…not now. No, the darkness itself. And they are older and yes…yes I do believe that I will be fine I have grey hair in the vision you see. And I also see, a bed” she snorted laughter as she kicked off her boots and placed it deep within one.

“There, safe for now,” she managed as she pushed herself upwards with a slight sway, the quick consumption of the wine had made her ever so slightly tipsy. Not enough to impair but enough to cause a slight euphoria, “now…last wishes. Well they are always the same aren’t they? The stories are full of noble requests and so on but really, when it comes down to it,” she pulled her shirt off then and the cool breeze prickled her skin, “what we really want,” she pushed the trousers down so that she was nude now, “is one last portion of comfort and happiness. Now, you have yours and I claim these for myself and for…posterity” she grinned.

She was quick enough on the approach, a deep kiss and a firm squeeze of Fallon’s rear that she followed with a hearty slap, smiling into the other’s shoulder as the embrace was taken, lingered briefly with a glance into the eyes before pulling away and walking towards the bed casually.

“Always wanted to do that, unfortunately someone never gave me the chance before. Perhaps this new…sensual…woman will be more accommodating,” she sat upon the bed and sighed, “and now for seriousness…sadly. Everything I own is yours, all of it. Everything I am too but I can’t give you that if this goes wrong. Do with it what you will if it does. Do not do anything stupid and find somewhere nice to scatter my ashes. Yes, cremation. Do it in Aventhal perhaps, your spirit seems to love that place”

“And one final thing - a challenge. I now how they motivate you so. I hereby challenge you to be a better teacher and do this…thing…better than your Master did. I do believe, my dear, that I just threw down the gauntlet” she grinned.
Zandelia
I Aim To Misbehave

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Fallon on August 2nd, 2014, 8:33 pm

"Six firsts then, my, you are a busy one when I am involved," Fallon smiled. Zandelia was quickly becoming intoxicated, having already worked through her first cup and neatly moved onto her second with much guzzling. How the woman managed to consume so much in such a short amount of time was beyond her, but it no doubt was beginning to work its magic in bringing her into a state of calm and merriment. Or perhaps more animation, she was not quite sure with the way that her fingers took the glass and the digits wiggled over it in mockery of some old wise woman. It was hard to resist a smirk as those rosy cheeks and lips pursed and pulled, the subtle taste and pressure upon her own with the flickering of the words that spoke of a great understanding of what was before them.

A risk, but one that would hopefully be fruitful. The show was one that eased her, in a sense. It boosted her own confidence where before it was faltering, it proved the belief that was thought on her abilities, certain and steady fast in her talents. And now all that was needed was to bring another into this world, "A wolf and a cat? Or do you mean a cougar?" She tilted her head to one side, listening to the light cords of laughter escape into the evening air, "You carry on behaving like that Sunshine then I shall have to change your name to match it."

Eyes followed and lingered, drinking in the swaying form as the performance continued. Brave faces were worn, the pushing down of fear and movement of speed. To dally would let worry and fear fester, the opportunity would be lost and doubt would leave them without an opportunity like this for days on end - possibly even never again. The pivot, the exposure of the skin onto the air. Lips curled, a lean back onto the table herself as she watched the slender limbs and ripe flesh move, so well known but always something to look upon in wonder. That cat like smile, the brightness of the emerald in the dying light, the lacking inhibitions as she freely crept back upon her once more, gentle steps and the sway of hips.

The taste rested there, lingering as she stiffened out of reflex. Cheeks flushed red, her arms hanging in a loose embrace as she felt the press. She heard the resounding slap and the slight tingling that went with it, but her expression was still locked in that of a temporary state of stun. She caught the gaze, a flurry of blinks as she registered what had happened. Lips parted to say something, a croak escaping as she looked to regain her composure, and simply surrendered to allowing her attention to slip solely to the woman, the shapes and the way things were between them. There was a flutter, eyes forced in pulling away to look onto the twisting colours of the sky; reds and pinks, mingling in with the deep rich violets and blues of the night. Darkness would be upon them soon, and with that the night sky would greet them.

Moving, Fallon diverted her thoughts for a moment. Light would be necessary to operate with, good light that was - so forcing herself to move she looked about the gathered articles and summoned forth an oil lantern. There was some fumbling as she lit it, a lean in as she ensured it was aglow and the gentle proceeding to move it - for now it was all that was needed. It was upon the small bedside table that she placed it, and then turned her attention once more to the woman. Eyes glimmered with amusement and she shook her head, "I'm starting to notice a trend with you," fingers worked at unlacing her boots, before she pulled them off. There was the lowest of thuds as she let them rest upon the floor. The belt with the kukri was removed after that, left to hang upon the bed post within reach if need be, "You certainly like to strut about with nothing on in private. Find it comfy to be in your natural form, eh, cougar?"

There was a dart of the tongue, followed by the perch down next to the woman, "Avanthal? It was mighty cold there, but if that is what you wish then I shall try. Though," she place a finger underneath her chin, "I thought you saw yourself with greyed hair in a bed..." There was a tease to her tone, a slight pull upon the cords of her clothing and allowing the revealing of those collar bones and tender flesh, fabrics became looser fitting and comfortable from their usual tight restraints. Toes gave a wriggle, a gentle bounce upon the bed almost to test its comfort before she nodded to the woman, "Ready for this? You might feel rough at first, but you'll feel better in the long run."

Consideration came next, a deep inhale of the cooling summer air. She gave a lean in, a brush of tender lips and a cup of the face. Fingers rested upon the shoulders, tracing downwards, feeling checking, inspecting almost. Light but firm, feeling the gentle bumps and ridges within the muscle, familiarising herself with what was before her intimately. A gentle inhale, a look of focused thought as she almost seemed to decide how she was to do this. The gentle touching continued, taking out those swirls, running across the ribs and gently rubbing into muscle, but never resting in one location for too long. Calm, relaxed, it was something she needed to establish completely and utterly, "A challenge? I hate to disappoint but I believe I already have managed to win this one." she leaned down and whispered within the woman's ear then, hot breath caressing, "You're not upon a bed of leaves after all."

A nip of the lobe, and a pull away. Inhaling deeply she plucked upon her astral layer once more. Djed gave a swirl, feeding and supplying it, her eyes looking upon the woman but not quite looking. Thinking, deciding, working things out. It would not be long now. Her mind focused on what had happened all those years ago, of the process of how it worked. The gentle tugging, the manipulation of something so week and feeble - the way it had to be cradled and gently carried. Fallon sat up completely back against the head board but her hands still making those idle movements, "I need you to stay calm, relax... trust in me. Don't fight what will come. Just..."

She pulled the woman close then, hands wrapping around her shoulders and simply letting her lay atop of her. Fingers played with those strands of hair, a warm embrace for what could be the last time. She pulled the pillows about, ensuring both were comfortable for this process. Her thumb continued to rub, a low hum escaping from her throat as she did. There was a glance down to the woman as she plucked upon her astral within her legs and focused. The weave pulled, stretched, unlaced and dislodged itself. It pulsed, reaching up in those careful tendrils as she felt them throb and focus, "You comfy there? Close your eyes, it will help."

She gave a reassuring smile, feeling the chimes slip by as she felt the ethereal drift and hover. It gently stroked upon the bare flesh of the woman, cool upon warm as she thought upon the weave. The humming continued, a low, slow tune of the past hovering within her throat. Her hand continued to smooth down her hair, her eyes always looking down and watching as she thought upon the astral. The layers, the parts of the soul, the way it laced together and interacted with the body. And exhale, a final kiss upon the forehead, before she waited no more. It was time to begin.

Finding the weave of the woman's she laid her own over it. She felt the way it folded, the years of it being locked within the flesh and used to being manipulated in such a fashion. An inhale, she probed, seeping her own beneath the skin, sinking and slipping beneath it. It wrapped its way around, carefully, gently. It was cradled within the flesh, the lock down into a solid grip upon the woman's own astral layer. Luring it out, the tugging of encouragement of this alien presence upon the other. An exhale, bit by bit Fallon took the woman, releasing from the flesh bindings that once ensnared her as the low humming continued.

Light, weak, her own locked around the other and wrapped firmly. Supporting it as she pulled upon it. Up, out, forwards and free. Mortal bindings would be lost, the sensation of freedom above the weight of the world. Pain would disappear, the troubles that would harm the flesh disappearing, and the sense of hovering. Fallon released a whisper, "Dare you to open your eyes."
FALLON

Fallon
The Red Wolf

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Artist (1) Overlored (1)

Postby Zandelia on August 3rd, 2014, 1:37 pm

“But I have so many names already! Any more and I’ll have to keep a journal just to track them!” she laughed then, rocking backwards a little bit at the suggestion that was a cougar, a description repeated often. Perhaps she was in some ways but then she had been many things. Few enough were the times she was just herself.

“Oh well if you start complaining it shall stop, but this time I thought it might be nice to do so. Makes relaxing easier, besides if I’m going to be uncomfortably I demand to be comfortably uncomfortable” she continued to chuckle every so often, she was far bolder than she thought she would be when faced with the initiation.

Perhaps that’s not wise…but I have never been wise the thought flickered through her mind before being drowned in her rising jolly mood, the buzzing of being inebriated by both the prospects and by the wine.

“Fire…it’s like fire. Like in that lantern. You cover it with its construct but inside it’s fire…primal. Out there, I am Web. The spider, bitch, various other names I do not care to mention. In here…just me” she shrugged as she gave half of the true answer of why she liked to throw off her garb in private where at all possible.

She smiled and looked into the depths of the flickering light, so beautiful and tiny yet given a chance could become a raging inferno. She had never really had time to be philosophical in Fallon’s presence, nor in her youth but as the years ticked by she was becoming more interested in such things. She found comfort within it, the ideas that told her she was more than what the world saw her as. What she did and who she knew. An inferno…contained within a singular flame. She focused her attention upon the light reflected in the other’s eyes as her chin was tilted around and tilted her head with feigned surprise. She closed her eye briefly, focusing herself properly upon the happenings and not the thinking.

“I hear visions are quite complicated. Best be careful I think. Cover all of the bases. You of all people are difficult to read but…but I am learning some things. I’d rather you end up somewhere you like if it does happen than somewhere else. You liked it there,” she shrugged a soft smile and looked upwards again, “Yes, I am ready. Let’s cast the die and see if it can’t be rigged” she stated as she nodded gently.

In truth she had expected rather more ritual than was apparent, at first at least. It was with a soft keening in the back of her throat that the fingers managed to get their required answer. It was not the single-minded and irrefutable manners which she had experienced in Lhavit, nor the workman like mechanics from Nyka when she had been able to experience it. This was a shifting, seeking form of muscular probing. It was difficult not to give in to the growing enjoyment, the release of tensions across varying places of her body - not entirely but cumulatively the effect was the same. Relaxation coursed throughout, a full lipped smile crossing her face as eyelid closed and the enjoyment continued. Shifted backwards then and leaning upon the tender of her body, head resting backwards as she heard the words spoken through the growing combination of merriment, relaxation and simple sensation.

“Always trust. Very comfy, comfier than ever. Ready as I’ll ever be” she murmured as, deep down, she steeled herself.

That was before the words upon not fighting truly settled into her, the connotations it implied. That to fight would make things worse, that to steel as if against an attack would be detrimental. The seeing of her relaxation was more than just for her enjoyment, it served as a means to put her in the mindset, the right receptive state perhaps. She sighed internally, this was not something she was used to. She always had some form of control over things in her life, even with Fallon and their times together she could always have just walked out at any time. Yet now…now she had no control. Everything was in the other’s hands. It was a strange feeling, it grated against her usual psychology and she tried to ignore the internal struggle and ride the waves of sensual relaxation in the hopes it would permeate through to the deeper layers.

She closed her eye as bid, darkness of the back of her eyelid. The feelings and the scents, the noises of the world. It all faded into a background to sensations entirely alien to her. She could feel it, or thought she could, the probing. Now that she was concentrated purely upon what was being felt it seemed like a…second skin. It was difficult to describe truly but there was the sense that something not of herself was wrapping into what was herself. Or was it like water ice being put into water - the same things but yet not the same. Together. There was a tugging and momentarily her eye flickered open just in time to be closed by the kiss to the forehead. Rising panic countered by sensible expression. She closed it once more and then the real portion began.

There was a firm, insistent tugging that seemed to pulsate. Pulling, relaxing, pulling, teasing out, relaxing, pulling. It was difficult to keep track of, especially as ever so slowly - like being forced through a stone wall perhaps - the sense of alienation began to rise and mounted what was her consciousness. There were no words to describe it, Fallon had been right, it was simply as if part of herself were being ripped out. Or separated from the whole. Or…it didn’t matter, what mattered was that if she could have stopped herself writhing she would have done. As it was she was partially paralyzed, wrapped solidly within the astral construct that Fallon had created, of herself she supposed in between trying desperately not to struggle. It was difficult and she was not entirely sure she managed it - it was a reflex to fight against invasion wasn’t it? She shouldn’t, she new that, but there was still some resistance along the way, she couldn’t completely override her instincts.

And then, some strange link that had been pulled into breaking point finally snapped and she was…above herself? Still held but she could feel nothingness around herself, felt lie she weighed nothing at all. That she could float away if she was- no, best not to follow that line of thinking. There was no more body and with that absence she was finally fully aware of just how much of a battering she had give it - both over the years and recently. No aches, no pains. Pain, lots of pain, had dissipated. No pulling from old scars, no niggling sensations that she could be better to herself. She knew it now and if she survived this she vowed to take a score of days off within which to simply tend to herself. The comment was heard, as if through fog, distant yet close at the same time. She tilted her head and opened them. Beautifully full vision greeted her for the first time in many, many years.

She would have cried had she been able to.
Zandelia
I Aim To Misbehave

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Fallon on August 3rd, 2014, 2:57 pm

There was a slight struggling, of course there would be. It was no surprise with the way the world was, most things shirked away when faced with danger, looked to fight, to rebel against what was to come until the end. The low hum continued however, designed to sooth and calm as the ethereal continued to float just above. Her own remained wrapped around the other, far from tight but serving as an anchor point to prevent the temptation of simply floating off. Her thumb continued to run across the skin, her gaze narrowed into a focus as she thought only upon the process. That moment of freely float, freedom of the flesh, true freedom in some sense - but not without its risks.

The tendrils gave a stroke, gentle and caressing as she held it there, rippling through the air as she looked only onto the maintaining of it. She remembered the sensation herself, the way it throbbed and looked to drag her higher. Everything seemed within her grasp, endless possibilities that were just resting within her touch. A dribble of sweat broke from her forehead, running down across her cheek to her jaw. Focus, calm, keep it going - faltering now was not an option. The weight was upon her shoulders, the responsibility of making it work completely and utterly was vital. She would not forgive herself if she failed.

It was for those few precious moments however, that she gave the woman a taste of what it was like. To know and to understand what could be for her - a taste of what she could achieve - before she forced her words to break forth in a croak, "Strange feeling, isn't it? Nothingness but everything. Aware of all but not quite. An extension of yourself beyond the flesh." She inhaled, a gentle tilt of the ethereal as she shifted, "To interact with things, but also beyond the mundane. I know you can feel me, and in return I can feel you. This is the weave, the astral, is something that exists in all. And now, I have given you the gift to manipulate it."

Gently she pulled, guiding it back down. A gentle press to return to the body, the careful tugging of the other's astral into that of the flesh. She focused on her breathing, the way the weave existed within the other. She plucked upon it, feeling the strings, the way it all threaded together to form a large mesh, the gentle cocooning of her own over it as she brought it to rest. She was half through the initiation, and now the tricky part stood before her. It slipped on over, submerging, rippling over the skin and the space in between. It laced, luring, suggesting in its probing to will the two parts back together.

"Think and focus on both sides rejoining, gathering together, lacing, tightening, sticking, whatever helps you envision it," she breathed, the gentle attempts to melt it together and massage it in. Her fingers gave a trace, a moment of long silence as she felt the pimpled skin, barely a breath made as she simply stared. There was a shift in weight, the gentle pulling up of herself as she stared, fingers trembling as she stroked across the woman's temple. Had it worked? Was she successful? She had done all she could, right?

She swallowed, lips parting as she withdrew her ethereal tendrils, the hand lowering to rest upon her shoulder. The woman was still nestled against her, head now resting upon her breast, eyes closed as if she was deep asleep. Lips were licked, eyes widening slightly as she gave a nudge with her hand, turning to that of a shake. Her pulse quickened, a forming sense of dread as she ran the ethereal over once more, touching and checking. Had something gone wrong? Was it alright? Panic came shortly after, a sense of fear coming up from within, what could she do if it had not worked? Try again? But how many times? Could she even?

"Sunshine? Sun...? Zandelia?" There was another nudge, firmer this time as if try to stir her, "Can you hear me? Come on? Please?" Arms wrapped around, squeezing slightly as if to stimulate a reaction. Fingers caressed, the worried edge beginning to form in her throat. She did not know if she had succeeded or not, "Open your eyes. Answer back. Anything. Please..." She let out a rattled exhale, a dampness almost beginning to form around her eyes. Her form froze where it was, barely a whisper escaping, "Please... don't be..."
FALLON

Fallon
The Red Wolf

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Artist (1) Overlored (1)

Postby Zandelia on August 3rd, 2014, 4:07 pm

The longer she simply stayed there, feeling the anchoring of Fallon’s own manipulated astral maintaining her non-developed skills and lack of ability to keep herself stable, the easier it became to simply relax and shift along with what was happening. There were no struggles now, no writhing and fighting against the inevitable. It was done now, she was gone from her body and though the outcome was still to be determined there was no going back - it was useless to try and stop anything now, dangerous to be precise. That knowledge coupled with the fact that she could see everything in all of its glory was enough to replace fear with elation. No more half-vision, no headaches from continually straining her peripheral vision and singular orb to tae in the world. No strained neck due to turning her head too often and in strange angles. She was free, free of her disability, and she reveled within that knowledge.

The words came as an echoing once more, though now she was calmer and more focused they were less resonant and closer to normal speech if still slightly muffled. She considered them as she assessed herself, shifting her focus from herself and beyond now as she hovered, weightless. The was the word wasn’t it? Weightless…implied no restriction. Unlimited ability to soar, to move and dance. There was a power to the perspective. She was freer now than at any time, free to just fly away perhaps if she so dared. No mortal, physical limitations. Walk through walls? Go anywhere and everywhere without being blocked? She had seen Fallon use weapons with this power, what else could be manipulated? Were there even endings to the possibilities? What lay out there, within an astral grasp to discover?

And the world, feeling it indeed. Like a low hum or a whispering of light wind. Encompassing the world. She had seen the Aural worlds, now she could…feel…the Astral. Everything Fallon had said, was she potentially breathing it too? Everything. Her mind reeled from that and instead she whittled her focus down to the simpler, Fallon. She could feel her. A little centre of focus, she bushed her hand against that which was holding her, felt in a different way. How many ways? It would take time she new but the one thing she knew was that she wasn’t going to waste this opportunity, fleeting the time to get a full glimpse of her. She turned her head and twisted slowly, gently, until she could get her face into view. Beautiful indeed, the same and yet different. Just in time for she was then being dragged back downwards.

Thank you Wolf. I will return to this state, one day, with caution and in time. This is more than the world, this is existence itself she told herself as she felt herself hit her body once more.

It was easier going back she thought, the path already trodden and less lie shifting through a mountain and more like hitting water. Rippling and accommodating over hard and intractable. Almost as if it wanted her back, desired to have the animus purely by bodily instinct. The words came as she was subsumed, urging and pointed in their instruction. She was not sure how to do what was being asked. When had she been in a situation lie this? She scrabbled around for a mental image, a lifetime of weaving webs with people only providing some of the solution. Irony abounded. She tried to work as quickly as possible, she saw herself as a spider’s web, gossamer strands she had been likened to. A finely woven lattice work of strands, encompassing all of this astral form and infinitely convoluted as imagination took over from thought and reality, she was not sure how, seemed to respond. But that was merely half of the trick she found, she was still not attaching.

What was it they used to do down the docks? Rope weaving? Several strands swept around each other lie so…molded into something that could hold boats as big as a da- she went through the mental motions as she felt out her body and quickly the hooks came, latching onto the astral and dragging it into full melding.

It was quick, quicker than she thought it would be indeed. She was vaguely of a shaking, tones spoken urgently and with feeling. She didn’t have time to consider them, instead dragged back into a blackness as the imagined rope weavings attached themselves across her entire body, lining with the astral points of the same place and she slammed back and down. Blackness for a time, though thought was still active. She hoped she was not dead and trapped now, panic began after a chime or two of this, raging within herself.

Move you damned bitch! she screamed mentally and then the world returned.

Breath returned, painfully filling lungs that had been underused for a number of chimes and raw nerves after fighting for life were set aflame with the sudden experience of oxygen once more. Blood engorged and throat constricted as her eyelid snapped open. It was a violent spasm that caused her to rear up slightly before flopping back down in a spluttering fit of coughing. Everything seemed dry now, eye and throat. Mouth and chest. Like age old paper, chest rattling as she tried to move her arms but found they lacked their usual strength. She couldn’t move much and so she lay there, mouth open and breathing growing deeper ad more rapid as it tried to restore the debt taken from it, requesting the balance of interest to be paid. She felt terrible, nausea was a throbbing presence in and out of her body but thankfully she didn’t throw up on the very bed she was likely to be sleeping in. Eye rolled and head lolled to the side weakly for a few moments. She found her voice with a croak but after a few attempts found the pattern.

“Dead? Can’t kill. Spiders. With webs” she chuckled but regretted it as more coughing ensued.

“Feel awful. Must be. Wine. Water?” she managed to force out of her lips with a weak smile instead of a coughing now.

She managed eventually to roll onto her side, facing the room in case she did hurl up whatever was in her stomach. Fingers groped and found a hand, squeezing slightly as her body coughed out the last of its required debt and some form of moisture returned to her mouth now. She was tired, very tired indeed. As if energy had been sapped from her and disappeared elsewhere. Head throbbed with a splitting headache, her vision was blurry but getting better as she kept up the blinking. Limbs ached as if they had been beaten in her absence from her body. She flexed her fingers into and out of a fist and groaned slightly before letting it fall. The world seemed to spin a little, rock here and there as it sought for equilibrium. She hoped it would find it soon or she would end up vomiting most ardently. She closed her eyes firmly, pressing them shut tightly against the crawling feeling that she was an invader within her own body. She felt alien, strange.

“Least didn’t throw up,” she stated dumbly, “did it work? If not…not doing again for…while. Worst hangover ever”
Zandelia
I Aim To Misbehave

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

Next