Closed Scaring the locals. [Pulren and S'Essy]

Our hero requires help from the wavers.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Center of scholarly knowledge and shipwrighting, Zeltiva is a port city unlike any other in Mizahar. [Lore]

Scaring the locals. [Pulren and S'Essy]

Postby S'Essy on August 11th, 2014, 6:26 pm

She was following the boys as she was sightseeing. If nothing else this could be the best opportunity to do so. Though she was still listening to them. Markus asked to not call him mister. Just like she didn't like being called miss S'Essy. She liked being informal with everyone. Assuming they were good and polite people. They were heading to the headquarters of the guards. She didn't understand why they couldn't help the Andres when they asked if they had records there? She was pondering about that for a bit.

He asked them where they were from. S'Essy waited till Markus answered till she told her story. "Hence I call him Ser. So if you want to give respect you can also do that." Her tone changed a bit, like she was mocking him. "Or not." She always used it as teasing for him, not an act to show him respect. She could do that otherwise. "And I'm from Mura, the island of my race. The Konti. I traveled to Syliras..." She paused. "...and Riverfall then I went back to Syliras last season."

She was looking at the hills where Pulren pointed. The headquarters and Temple of Laviku which interested her more. She even grinned but that vanished quickly as Markus continued. Going to the bar? That didn't sound good. She looked at the sergeant and raised her eyebrows. Gave a big sigh. "Let me tell you what happens. A knight, a guard and a healer enters a bar. The healer comes out all exhausted. Fun?" She said with sarcasm. Though she wasn't sure what would happen there but not good for sure. "Fine maybe not, but we certainly will pray to My Father. There is not question about that." She said with pride, being proud to be one of Laviku's child.
Unless I promised one, I can not accept any more threads at the moment! I'm sorry.
ImageImage
S'Essy
Markus' advisor

Words: 267181
Joined roleplay: February 3rd, 2014, 6:16 pm
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 1
Overlored (1)

Postby Pulren Marsh on August 14th, 2014, 12:18 am

Pulren simply nodded in time with the questions as they began to climb the hill. Until the mention of the Knights came into play. He stopped and his shoulders slumped. In fact, his entire demeanor changed if one could read body language. the initial grin of welcoming polymorphed into an open mouthed chuckle. Rain accompanied him as it began to literally pour from the heavens on to them all.

His laughter could be barely heard beneath the din of the falling water. It was as ironically refreshing to hear the news as it was to be drenched. Turning on his heel, he heard S'Essy's comments as well, solidifying his thoughts on the matter. In a slightly louder voice, he continued jovially. "Ah, the Knights! And you are a Sergeant! Well, we're very pleased to have you here, Ser Markus. His tone was now that of a good friend, though inside he had made several assumptions. His Geography class and word of mouth had dictated that the great Knights of Syliras were all potent warriors and people of high character. Maybe this one had a bad day. Maybe words were different from actions. The latter was more of what Pulren was used to.

At an easier pace, Pulren started heading to where Ser Markus and his consort could meet all the wretched sailors they could handle. The Wave Guardsman had been there himself many times and he hoped that the kelp beer would suit the tastes of such a high and mighty man. Speaking only a bit above normal volume as the rain began to become a drizzle instead of a downpour, he continued as they changed direction and headed deeper into the shipyards to the infamous Kelp Bar.

"If it's scum and rats you seek, I have just the place. I wish you had told me that you were a Knight straightaway. We could have had a squad ready to serve you, Ser. We Wave Guards do the best we can, but as a volunteer militia, we probably fall short of your expectations." The rickety outline of the tavern came into view, rats aplenty standing outside to get out of the rain. The sight of Pulren's shield and uniform sent a few scurrying and the call had gone out that a Guard was coming. " I didn't think so many would scatter, Ser. My apologies. We'll make sure that the rest pay good attention to you."

Pushing his way in with his shield, Pulren looked at the rabble inside, knowing full well that he was once one of their number. Once the pair followed him in, they would see wall to wall sailors and scumbags alike, the smell of rotten kelp thick in the air. With the door closed, Pulren slid his trident across the latch where a bar would normally go, threatening those that might try to scoot out at the last moment. With a loud "HEY!", the bar quieted a good deal, the looks at the Guard half incredulous and half fearful. Pulren eyed a man who sat in a chair near him, who vacated just in time for the Guard to step up on the seat and stand on the table.

"Listen up, ye vagiks! This man has some questions for ye. Ye WILL answer him and ye WILL mind yer manners in front of the lady.!" There was a great deal of laughing at this statement until Rowly Wash, a well known first mate and regular calmed the crowd and asked his question. A pock faced and toothless man, his query was clear. "And what err ye gin do bout it if'n we don't, Marsh?!", which brought laughs and cheers. Pulren laughed and looked the sailor dead in the eye. "Well, you've seen me fight in here, so ye know I can take you at least, Rowly. But this is important business so we brought three squads, just in case ye feel like goin to the brig. Do ye?" Then it was quiet.

Not wanting to totally give him away, Pulren looked to him and said, "Mister Markus, ye have the floor. Or the table if ye wish."

Pulren Marsh
Your favorite Uncle

Words: 503518
Joined roleplay: March 22nd, 2014, 3:33 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Overlored (1)

Postby Markus Andres on August 18th, 2014, 2:07 pm

Markus was glad to have S'Essy by his side, for her little joke suited his mood well enough. Let him chuckle a little, but the mirth soon gave way to the anger that constantly twirled under the surface. Especially when she mentioned praying at her father's shrine. It was a subject he had wished to avoid for longer and no doubt it would cause a schism between the two once they came around to that delicate matter. Markus was surprised by the reaction Pulren made when the truth came out. There was honest respect in his voice. Markus had come to expect that all Zeltivans would respond to his profession and lifestyle with a distant haughty attitude because someone with morals firmly rooted in the gods would dare appear in their city. But it seemed to have the desired effect as Pulren began leading them, in the pouring rain. Markus didn't like it. Wished Pulren would hurry up to their location. The knight was not above running if it meant getting out of the rain faster. But the rain seemed to ease up and Pulren began to speak once more. Markus saw several people leave the premises as they noticed the obvious colours of a wave guard. He knew it didn't meant they necessarily were criminal scum, only a good indicator of someone clever enough not to hang around when a fight might break out.

"Worry not friend." Markus answered as Pulren apologised for his. "And a squad would probably only have made more of them scatter."

Markus observed the tavern for a brief tick or two before looking to S'Essy. He wished he wasn't bringing his lover to such a despicable place. But she had wanted to help and this was what helping entailed in this city of sailor scum. Out of the rain and into the tavern they stepped and Markus was not surprised by the interior. A little more packed than usual probably, rain had a tendency to do that. Pulren used his weapon as a improvised door-bar which Markus found very uncomfortable. Not that he didn't trust his own martial ability, but he had just locked them in a room with quite a few people who might see a knight as a legitimate target.

Petch it. These scum can try if they want to. The petch are you doing now Pulr- oh gods no. - Markus had not expected the guard to get up an announce to the world that he was there for a specific reason. He had hoped he could have found a place to mingle, but considering the dresscode and the Konti beside him, it was unlikely he would have gotten the chance. Perhaps the direct method was better. The manners in which Pulren spoke and responded to, was in familiar terms. He knew these people and they knew him. Markus' eyes narrowed for a brief moment as he considered the possibility of treachery. It was unlikely, he found that he liked Pulren, trust was easy to extend under those circumstances. He was an active man, ready to go do the job right away. A good quality in a guard and he seemed quite honest to boot. Markus took a deep breath and felt the authority tone he had begun to work upon perfecting

"Thank you mr Marsh. Right. I'll take the floor. I will scrape my head against the roof if I stand on the table. - Listen up! I am looking for information about my family. William, Johanne and Helen Andres went missing last winter when they travelled north in a saique. I am willing to pay gold for anyone who gives me useful information about their disappearance." Markus spoke in his native Zeltivan accent, putting as much authority in his voice as he could, with a hard edge to show he wasn't messing about. It was no use evoking their distaste of foreigners through the use of his Syliran accent. As he spoke, Markus kept a watchful eye of the people in the place. Some had lost interest rather quickly and instead was looking at his lover. Something Markus had almost gotten used to by now - that she turned heads when they went somewhere together. "It would be very much appreciated if you could give me anything to work with."

NoticeI will let you control their responses, Pulren. Your city!
Markus Andres
The OTK

Words: 1104443
Joined roleplay: September 14th, 2010, 7:43 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Medals: 3
Featured Character (1) Trailblazer (1)
Overlored (1)

Postby S'Essy on August 20th, 2014, 3:15 pm

She was being silent when the Guard was all amazed about the fact that Markus is a Syliran Knight. It was an honor to him it seemed. Gave him all the respect he could. S'Essy just raised her eyebrows. When she first met with him, he was just a squire and she was just teasing him for it. Yet Pulren. Of course the Konti couldn't leave this either without comment. "Maybe we can also make a statue for you here too, Ser!" She said, patting his shoulder as a gesture.

Though she wasn't fond of the idea, they headed to a tavern where they could meet some scums. She wasn't sure why would they have to search there but she didn't question Markus nor Pulren. She only looked back at the temple of Laviku, where she would rather spend her time. She gave a big sigh, and just followed the two behind. The Guard leading them proudly, as a Knight was accompanying him. She found it odd a bit but at least he was kind and helpful, taking his duty seriously, unless those who didn't help Markus' family.

They have arrived and S'Essy exchanged a look with Markus. It was better than staying in the rain she had to admit. They entered the place, it was nearly full. She was just uncomfortable with the place already. It also didn't help what Pulren did next. She couldn't even react and they were locked to the room full of sailors and scums. "What the petch are you.....?" She couldn't finish her question as the guard were moving forward to a table where he announced their arrival to the place. Was he crazy?

S'Essy looked rather irritated by this. Couldn't they provoke the people here more? She was just listening as Markus was taking the speech from the Guard. She was also not sure if they would behave just because the Konti was there. He offered gold to whoever would give information about his family. He used his Zeltivan accent which she could hear more and more often since their time in Zeltiva.

Some people didn't seem to pay attention to him, but turned their gaze to the Healer. She looked back at them. Was it her race or her mark or just gender she didn't know but it was rather disturbing. She just wished someone would have an information and could get out this place as quickly as possible. "It would indeed." she whispered silently.
Unless I promised one, I can not accept any more threads at the moment! I'm sorry.
ImageImage
S'Essy
Markus' advisor

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Overlored (1)

Postby Pulren Marsh on August 22nd, 2014, 2:15 am

Pulren kept his business face on as he surveyed the crowd. Looking over at one of the barmaids kept his own eye busy for a moment. She was not much to look at, but the mug sloshing about with kelp beer in it looked tasty. Well, not tasty, since kelp beer could never be mistaken for tasty, but the sensations in the glass wouldn't hurt. Pulren looked away, even as he was offered a slog of the stuff on the house by the employee. He just silently waved her away while he listened to the Knight talk. His own mind drew a blank at the name, though he did find it odd that he would have lost Pal the same Winter. Of course, his own loss overshadowed any other happenings during the season.

Looking over those present, he noticed a number of eyes set on S'Essy. Pulren himself joined in on the ogling briefly, sharing knowing grins with other patrons at the object of their imaginings. He wondered if all of the Knights had beautiful companions. A Konti healer, to boot! Couldn't ask for much better company in peace or war. Of course, in times like these, with so many eyes on her, it would drive Pulren mad to have to keep his cool. Best to keep his girls where they belonged; in the brothels where they stayed since you paid them to stay. "Anyone? He did say gold, unless I've found myself in the West Street Kelp Bar." A small wave of laughs and head shaking followed that comment as the Kelp Bar and West Street were as far apart from each other as two places could be.

A murmur began through the bar, low enough not to be obvious but not so low as to not be noticed. There was a deeper web of information here than most could fathom. The sailors prized their information as highly as they prized their tall tales. Each little bit that one could find among the boredom of the ocean's labors were pearls. Before long, however, the thoughts of gold weighed too heavy on a younger lad. He was probably as anxious to get out of sailing before he too became grizzled and cantankerous. Standing and approaching Markus, the fair haired runt came up nodding and looking anxious.

"Well, Sir, I happened to have worked on the docks last Winter. The Bonesnapper was as fierce as it ever was." This sentiment brought a flowing sound of assent through the sailors seated. "I do recall a saique coming through from Sunberth. It was a slaver ship, though, as I recall. The crew were talking about those people you mentioned and that they would make for a good sale. I didn't see them, though." His eyes looked down at the ground, shame running through his countenance. "Could've been lyin'", he muttered, before snapping his head up. "Kin I have my reward, Sir? I was truthful."

Pulren Marsh
Your favorite Uncle

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Overlored (1)

Postby Markus Andres on August 26th, 2014, 12:05 am

Markus was not a born spokesperson, his way of telling himself that he wasn't very good at holding speeches or talk before other people. But he did know a little about audiences, perhaps in another establishment, one with a more honourable reputation he would have been a little more subtle with the compelling argument to the coin purse. Used that as an extra way of enticing the listeners. Perhaps after talking to their sense of honour and pity. That, however, he would have felt was wrong, as if he attempted to manipulate his listeners to his argument. Rather than compelling them through simple honesty. Gold was always honest. They got their gold he got his information. Done deal. Plus, Markus' coin purse wasn't unreasonably heavy to carry around. Problems for a Syliran man, too much gold to carry it all around on him.

Though he had feared that the attention of the men had been solely upon his lovely companion, they had listened to him. But there was silence that Pulren managed to dismiss with a little well-placed humour. The knight appreciated the help from the guard as it seemed to ease up the patrons. Ever wary of outsiders. Perhaps he had been too quick to offer gold? Markus noted which patrons stuck their heads together. Who obviously did not want to meet his hard angry gaze. Those who met it defiantly before the emerald eyes snapped to a new patron. Seeking those who were uncomfortable. Those whose eyes shifted from side to side like a cornered prey. Some did seem uncomfortable. Perhaps because of the guard next to him. Perhaps by the size of himself. But there was too long they whispered and spoke between themselves. A younger member of the crowd emerged with information and Markus looked interested, almost too eager to accept any sort of information. What he was told was perhaps only a confirmation of his own suspicions, nothing concrete. No names. Nothing. It was barely enough to go on. He pondered just how common saiques were in Zeltiva. The lad himself brought up the possibility of deception. That Markus turned it on him. The eagerness with which the kid wanted his gold. It was a good indicator of what had happened. He would have to dig deeper into this boy's psyche to find the answer. He had been enticed with gold. Markus dug into his pouch and fished out a trio of gold mizas. Enough to get oneself drunk for an evening. Enough to survive several long days. Held them up before the boy. Younger than even Markus, but had spent more time at sea that Markus hoped he would ever do in a lifetime. He approached the kiddo and placed them before him.

"Thank you and as promised. There is more if you can be more specific. Names, places, dates. Anything you - " He turned to the rest of the bar. "Or anyone else can remember that helps, I'll double the amount given. Anyone can give me a name? - Let me add to the deal, if you give me the name of any of the crew members or the captain of the ship, I'll buy a round to the whole bar - " A hand to his chest. "I promise by the great gods Tyveth and Laviku, I will honour this bargain. Just give me a name and help me find my lost family. I am sure the waves of Laviku has taken friends and family from you, please help me find mine before it is too late." There was still the angry tone in his voice, but there was a softer edge to it, eyes softened a little as he sought anyone swayed by his double plea. Adding the softer touch to the promise of gold, ale and - well, they could use the gold to add women to that list. He had thought not to add the softer touch, but perhaps that might sway some to come clear. Those with a consciousness.
Markus Andres
The OTK

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Overlored (1)

Postby S'Essy on August 26th, 2014, 2:24 pm

She was just standing there, speechless. Not much she could do in such place. At least they weren't in the rain. She heard it started, it was better to be inside than outside, even with all the looks. It seemed Pulren really felt home in this place. Shouting, joking, knowing how to talk in "their" language so-to-speak. Repeating Markus' offer. At least it went well and not beating up people. The healer wished that it wouldn't turn out beating up people.

One of them finally got his courage and spoke. Said he saw one of them, but only saw and heard. Not much of information but at least somebody spoke, if nothing else that would encourage other people. It seemed Markus also wasn't angry at him or push him more. She didn't know why she expected him to be that violent, she felt awful about it. He was not a bad man, he was just simply rationally angry and wanted to save his family.

Though her eyes widened when Markus made another deal. She knew they needed information but she thought it was a bit much probably. S'Essy stepped closer to him, hands lying on his shoulder pushing it down so she can reach his ear. She was standing on her toes. Whispered to his ear so only he could hear it."Dear, I know you know what you are doing but be a bit careful what you offer. You know they could ask for more or just lie." She let his shoulder and grabbed his hand rather and squeezed it. Felt safer next to him.
ImageImage
S'Essy
Markus' advisor

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Overlored (1)

Postby Pulren Marsh on August 31st, 2014, 10:04 am

Pulren had enjoyed the spectacle of watching the Syliran barter for information. While he initially held disdain for the manner in which Markus did so, looking down at the Zeltivan sailors, with his fulfillment of payment to the young worker, his opinion began to slightly shift. It was just as well as he had the extra problem of figuring out how to finish the ruse that two squads of guards waited outside. Stepping to the door, he held the trident firmly, should anyone try to enter and put the act in jeopardy.

The mention of doubling the bribe made Pulren nervous, considering that some of these same sailors, while most being regular and hard workers, might decide that toppling the moneybag would be more efficient than taking bits and pieces for information. If things began to turn, he would have to make a false call out for support, which could end badly for the trio. All of these scenarios changed, however, when the free round of kelp beer came into play. A tremendous roar of satisfaction and cheer resounded through the thin walls of the bar, shaking it with ovation. As the barkeep set about to producing the booze and looking over the benefactor, lines began to form at the bar.

It was at this time that a short and thin man, nearly nondescript and invisible among the others, came nervously to Markus amidst the swarm of thirsty sailors. Wringing his hands, he approached the man mountain and his lovely courtesan, his beady eyes barely hiding the concern that he held. Playing a game of chance with this man would be profitable, Pulren decided while holding his weapon firmly in his grasp.

"Hello, Sir. I have the information you want, but I don't want to talk about it here. Especially with those types around." The man's eyes clearly pointed to Pulren, who looked toward the door and tried to remain important looking while not being a person of interest. The man turned his gaze back up to the Syliran, stroking his scraggly black beard. "Name's Simonsen. I know what happened to your family and I'll tell you. For the coin, of course. Not here, though. Get me past the guards outside and we can go find somewhere more suitable to speak." Markus would have his information, it seemed, once dues were paid and plans unfolded.

Notice :
I'll let you run Simonsen now, since he is your guy. Pulren can be manipulated as far as letting you out, the rest can be filled in on my round.

Pulren Marsh
Your favorite Uncle

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Overlored (1)

Postby Markus Andres on September 13th, 2014, 5:30 pm

The promise of gold and ale worked upon these men. The charms that he himself lacked with sailors was remedied with the two potent promises to sway the mind of man. The third stood behind and she was not up for debate in this regard, rather be bleeding out on the ground than to see that fate. But that would not happen he promised himself as a content smile crossed his lips and people came to the bar for their promised ale. Markus' funds would not take any significant hit from this endeavour, he was as he had found out, a filthy rich veteran of war. A man who had next to nothing to spend his gold on, so why not liven up the night a little while getting the good will and the incentive to give him information about his brother's disappearance. The woman he was hell-bent on protecting got up on her toes and whispered into his ear. It brought a smile from him and he enjoyed how much she wanted to help him and protect him. He gave her a nod in response, a small nod as he tried to reassure her that he had considered that possibility. But he didn't have the patience to endure several days of waiting around for information. It had already been a godsend that Pulren was present and capable of offering an air of authority to the situation.

Markus train of thoughts broke as a man approached him rather than the bar. The first liar who wanted a stab at his pouch or an honest informant. The man looked dishonest enough to be the first, but Markus felt Priskil pull at him then and allow him hope that the non-descript man possessed something of interest. Markus listened as he spoke and he did notice the look sent in the direction of Pulren. Plus the slightly slurred speech along with a little wavy vision. He was drunk and concerned that Pulren was a wave guard? Imagine if he knew he was speaking to a sergeant knight. The thought brought a pursed smile to him, that quickly was wiped away and replaced with a firm neutral line as he spoke. There was hints of hope in his eyes, the man even provided his own name. Last name, at least. Markus nodded to the man and turned to face Pulren and had to suppress the need to send a wink in his direction.

"Can you open the door and promise us safe conduit, mr Marsh? Simonsen and I have some things to discuss." Markus spoke as if it was a request, keep up the appearance that Pulren had command over a large host of guards outside. Although anyone clever would wonder about the door bar and the guards outside - as the two did not mesh well. Markus turned to the bar and conversed with the bartender. Asked for a price for all the ale he had provided the patrons of the establishment. He turned over the coin needed to pay forI will let the ST/Grader determine the pay hereit and nodded to the wide smile of the man - happy he had made such a nice sale. "Right, come with me and you'll get the gold promised once you tell me what I want to know." Markus spoke much more privately before. A lower voice and his eyes did betray the calm he was trying to show, as they were optismistic and hopeful. Something a shrewd informant might use for his advantage. Markus waited for Pulren's response before approaching the door. Did well to hide his smirk when it was revealed there were no legion of guards outside. The rain had picked up and Markus frowned. At least that would dissuade people from following them, as would the promise of free kelp inside.

"Right Simonsen, let's get out of this rain. I got a place in the grotto we can use for privacy." Markus looked to Pulren and pondered if the man would remain with them. Markus had mixed opinions about that. The man would be a godsend to verify things, but the man seemed jumpy around him. Markus pulled his cloak tighter around himself.

"Too far. Follow me instead." Every alarm in Markus' head rang out at that, but he still followed the man. He needed this information and if he had to take a risk to get it, he would. 'Your family didn't fall overboard as some may have said.' His voice a little louder than a whisper. Barely audible to Markus who was closest. The rain muffled the sound a little but the meaning reached Markus loud and clear. Markus visage turned hateful. Someone had killed his family. "They're dead?" The short man stopped walking and looked at Markus and then at Pulren before continued to walk away. Picking a slightly faster pace. Markus hated this waste of time by walking around in the rain waiting for a drunk man to gather his courage.

"No. No not when I was on the ship at least. I found them the ship. Told him he was an honourable man and he could trust them. At first chance he got he gagged and bound them. He even threatened to kill me if I spoke about it. Held me over the railing, I could see it in his eyes, he really wanted to see me tumble to my death." Markus shuddered. "Who?" A guarded glance in his direction was all Markus got in response as the man tried to speed up. There was. The unforgiving steel by Markus' side felt quite tempting now. Force an answer from the man. Markus stepped up behind him and showed him into an alley. The man yelped in surprise as the sudden shove and the strong alcohol in his belly ensured he fell to the ground. But not for long before Markus grabbed him by the clothes and pulled him back up again and put him against a wall.

"Who!" The man's eyes flickered as Markus' hands held him by the collar. Kicks flailed uselessly under him. "Alan! Alan Simosen is his name." Then it dawned on Markus why the man had been hesitant to provide the answer. Simonsen. Family name. Markus sighed heavily. "Where is he keeping them hostage?" - Confusion briefly entered the man's vision. "He doesn't hold them. He sells them. The bastard is a slaving piece of shit." Sobs could be heard as Markus realized he had not known that about his brother. Markus let him fall to the ground. "Sunberth or Kenash?"

"Sunberth, he always goes to sunberth." Markus felt like kicking the piece of shyke on the ground for his part in enslaving his family. But the man was already broken up about it. Slavery was a step too far for him. Still, that he had covered for his brother all this time that his family had been gone. Despicable.
Markus Andres
The OTK

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Overlored (1)

Postby S'Essy on September 13th, 2014, 6:35 pm

He just gave a quick nod, not speaking. But he couldn't or it would ruin everything and he was already impatient, they waited a day anyway. But they needed that one day to rest. Or she had to admit, she needed it maybe more than Markus but what else she could do. That much of travelling and emotional hurricane hit her quite quickly. She stepped away from him, only nodding back. She didn't want to stop him and in truth she wanted that information as quick as possible. And immediately as expected a man already offered his information.

He seemed drunk and wanted private audience. She walked away from them, probably he didn't want her to hear it either, she didn't know but being away from these people were better for her. She walked to Pulren who was guarding the door, The Konti leaned her back against the wall and just sighed. She was just staring at in front of herself, thinking. She had to get used to this, she was here to help Markus. Her Call. She didn't feel the urge to go... she didn't need to go. She was sure now finally.

She "woke up" from daydreaming when Markus spoke to Wave Guard, S'Essy also turned her head towards him. "Finally some fresh air. You made sure to not let out any of the air from here either, good job!" She gave a little smile to him, only joking. Tried to joke at least and she hoped he understood. Markus seemed to be excited this time and confident about this, S'Essy felt the opposite though. She wasn't sure about this and she wasn't really excited to have a drunk guy who could just lie to them for money. She tried to hope and she tried to remember. "No judging, no judging, no judging." She kept repeating in Kontinese.

She nearly forgot, as Markus mentioned, it was raining outside. It didn't bother her much but she looked at them. "If you don't feel right, tell me right away. It can be fixed easily if you tell me early." She turned to Pulren. "You too! You can find us ... well me in the World's End Grotto." And with that she followed Markus and his guest out the place. Finally fresh air and she didn't mind a little water. It was also refreshing for her. They would head back to the Grotto as S'Essy mentioned. Or not. S'Essy was disturbed more and more about this guy. But they had to play along.

She waited for the Wave Guard and was walking next to him, following the two in front of. They were talking about something but she couldn't hear it. But again he didn't want anyone to hear it only her lover. "You know I'm always amazed by you guys. I mean Guards, Knights. Even in Riverfall. I don't know how you can handle these." She said and tried to walk faster as the drunk guy took a faster pace. "What are we late for more drinking?" She said in an irritated voice.

And this was as far as Markus could take it. Just in a few ticks, he grabbed him and pulled into an alley. Her eyes widened and headed towards there but still was next to the Guard. As Markus grabbed his collar and put him against the wall, S'Essy grabbed Pulren's arm and was squeezing it. For a moment she froze while he was interrogating him. She didn't like this, she really didn't but he was also responsible for his family to disappear.

She noticed that she was keep squeezing Pulren's arm hard. She let him go and apologized. "Sorry... I'm just.. sorry." She didn't say anything just went to the woman who was on the ground. She knelt down to him and was checking if he was alright. He didn't seem to injury himself nor did Markus caused anything. She put one of his arm around her shoulder and she put hers around his torso and helped the man to stood up. "One, two, three and now." It was hard. She nearly lost balance with him, but they managed to do it and she could let him go.Finally since he didn't smell too good. "Just please go and rest. And drink a lot water."

The Konti turned to the knight, who calmed down, just a bit. "Sunberth it is." She finally spoke and she was tired of these travellings. Another journey. Again days to travel. She sighed. "Where is it? What is that place anyway?"
ImageImage
S'Essy
Markus' advisor

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Overlored (1)

PreviousNext