Open Get in Losers

Jessor is going shopping.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A lawless town of anarchists, built on the ruins of an ancient mining city. [Lore]

Moderator: Morose

Get in Losers

Postby Jessor Yellowmoss on August 3rd, 2014, 4:52 am

18th of Summer, 514 AV

Jessor reached back and patted her strider on the neck, smiling softly. Her voice cooed, trying her best to calm the beast.
"I won't be gone long, Badger. I just have to grab some food and maybe I can find a treat for you too, hmm?"

It felt nice to speak Pavi after stammering through her Common for days on end, even if it was only to her horse, but she knew that she needed to practice her Common if she was going to travel. It was unlikely for her to meet anyone outside of Endrykas who knew the language of the nomads.

Once again she coaxed the horse back towards the tent, hushing it kindly in Common.
"Be back soon. Just stay safe, yeah?"

With Badger somewhat under control, Jess let out a shrill whistle over her shoulder. Instantly, two small fox kits came scampering and skidding to a stop at her feet. The Drykas laughed at the playful pair and picked up the smaller of the two.
"Coming with?" She asked.
There was no answer except a tiny yawn from Istu and Kitchi's perked ears.
"I'll take that as a yes."

With one kit in her arms and one trailing behind her, Jessor set her path for the local markets.

In her pocket, a small handful of Mizas bounced against her thigh and a list of her supplies covered them from view.

Needs
Animal fat
Meat
Wheat for Badger
Weapon
Lockbox
New riding clothes
Jessor Yellowmoss Image
Jessor Yellowmoss
Ride the Winds

Words: 41781
Joined roleplay: June 29th, 2014, 1:58 am
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Get in Losers

Postby Arvo on August 4th, 2014, 3:33 pm

“Let’s go, Marci” Arvo said to the big eared dog as he left his house. Marci fell into step next to the young man as he closed and locked the door behind him. They were headed down to the market place to see about getting some more Tobacco, and some new arrows for his shortbow since he was running low. He kept his money in a small pouch attached to his belt, covered by his shirt and tethered down so they didn’t bounce and jingle. There was no such thing as being ‘Over-cautious’ in Sunberth, after all.

The markets came into sight soon enough, but something caught his eye, Marci’s too. There was a tiny baby fox following a tattooed young woman. Looking closely at the lady, Arvo made out another fox kit tucked into her arms. Two basically defenceless fox cubs on the streets of Sunberth? That just seemed out of place. Though, at the same time, it was a smart choice of companion. When they grew up, they’d be good protection, after all. His curiosity peeked, Arvo sped up his walking and casually fell into step by her left.

Marci didn’t seem overly keen on the fox trotting along the ground and let out a low growl of warning when they got too close. Arvo chuckled and commanded her to be silent “Apologies. This one isn’t very friendly. She’s more Sunberthian than me.” He said gesturing to the mutt at his feet in case he’s made the young woman worry for her pet’s safety. Marci wouldn’t attack without permission, no matter how much she wanted too. The fox probably looked like prey to her. “It’s not everyday you see such handsome pets. Not in Sunberth, anyhow.” He moved slightly closer to her casually, hands in his pockets.

She was pretty. Gorgeous actually. Probably far too good for him, but it was worth a shot anyway. His eyes traveled down to her tattooed arm as he admired the detail. She had unruly hair, not unlike his own in it’s inability to remain neat, and pretty blue eyes against fair skin, and her athletic body looked lithe underneath her fairly tight clothing. His eyes didn’t linger for long, he’d already figured out that was a good way to get punched in the face. “What’s ye name?” Arvo asked cooly “I’m Arvo.” His face was split into a friendly, lopsided grin and his eyes sparkled with charm.

Other character(s)
Billie
Arvo
A Wolf in Sheep’s Clothing

Words: 47221
Joined roleplay: July 30th, 2014, 6:47 am
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Get in Losers

Postby Jessor Yellowmoss on August 4th, 2014, 7:22 pm

OOCI just realized, I'm using the googlefont "Arvo". :O

The owner of the smooth voice took her by surprise. She really should have expected an interruption; it wasn't often that a woman could walk the streets of Sunberth undisturbed and she was no exception.

Jess turned to face the stranger, her hair falling into her eyes with the momentum. From what she could see underneath her curtain, he was the epitome of debonair. The way he held himself was nonchalant and confident all in one. His pale skin, which normally would have been overlooked, was accented by his thick hair the color of a raven's feathers. His eyes were a shimmering gold, bursting with allure. They shined the way a lion's might before the predator took down its prey, adding a hint of a threat to his easy smile.

A low growl brought Jess' attention elsewhere. The man's dog- a wild looking beast- was rumbling menacingly at Kitchi, who yipped and hid behind Jessor's leg in response. The Drykas bent slowly, reaching down to scoop up her second kit. She held them both tight in her arms. As much as she wanted them to learn to fight, she also didn't want them to be hurt by such a large creature. The kits snuggled against her chest, hiding from the man's words as he introduced himself.

He introduced himself as Arvo and called his beast Marci. An innocent name for such a monster, she thought (referring to the man or dog, she couldn't be sure). He acted relaxed, letting his eyes linger for just long enough, complimenting her pets and making light conversation. But he was closer than Jess would have liked. She didn't trust anyone who approached her in Sunberth. The woman took a step back, warning him with a frown.

This is why I need a weapon.

She could almost hear alarms going off in her head when he asked her name. Jessor knew better than to give out her real name but she feared that he would catch her lies. Reluctantly, she gave her first name to the stranger.

"Name's Jessor." She hesitated for only a heartbeat. When he did not respond immediately, she barked at him, "What'ya want?"
Jessor Yellowmoss Image
Jessor Yellowmoss
Ride the Winds

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Get in Losers

Postby Arvo on August 7th, 2014, 9:04 am

oocHaha, I didn’t even know such a font existed :P. Sorry about the shortness of this post.
The woman hesitated, inisially untrusting and cold. She took a step away from him, and protectively scooped up her other fox kit. It didn’t surprise him. Afterall, Marci wasn’t the tamest looking dog around. Arvo fully expected her to lie about her name, or refuse to answer him at all out of mistrust, but she did respond. He smirked, ignoring the unconcealed curtness in her tone of voice. He didn’t step any closer to her, but he did noticed she was unarmed. To that he raised an eyebrow. “Jessor it is, or do you prefer Jess? Maybe Jessie.”

He chuckled loudly noticing her sour expression. “What do I want? Ah, lets see. A conversation with a resident of Sunberth that doesn’t end in bloodshed, or maybe a good battle of wits, maybe some flirting, which probably wont go anywhere for me, Overall, I want an interesting trip to the markets and back home, hopefully with a new found friendly acquaintance” He trailed off, smirking again “Think you can help with any of those, Jess?”

He trailed off and kept walking, assuming she was heading the same way anyway due to the obvious shopping list on her side. A subdued Marci trailing behind him. “You know, you’re awfully under-armed” he said causally “Does that men you’re remarkable at combat with your fists alone? Or maybe you’re looking at getting yourself a weapon” He said “Maybe I can be of assistance in helping you choose wisely.” He offered cooly.

He wasn’t sure how well this was go. He would practice his conservationist-oriented skills a lot, but the women in Sunberth were all tougher than nails, and often with ulterior motives of their own. Still, Arvo was in power in this particular conversation. Not only was the woman unarmed, but she had two fox kits to protect as well. He wasn’t going to lie, the control made him a lot more at ease.

Other character(s)
Billie
Arvo

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Get in Losers

Postby Jessor Yellowmoss on August 7th, 2014, 5:47 pm

Jessor had to resist the urge to draw her lip up in disgust. The man before her led the conversation as they walked. He smirked as the words slithered off his tongue in a way that distinctly reminded Jessor of a con artist.

In all likelihood, he could be a con artist. It is Sunberth afterall.

But none of this was enough for the woman to turn him away. Although he thought he was quite the Casanova and was full of himself, he did have information that she didn't. He clearly knew the streets whereas Jess still would've loved a map. Her SUnberthian accent was thick as this was where she had learned the majority of her Common, but this only went so far in helping her blend in.

Beside, this Arvo had offered help to an admittedly helpless woman, and Syna be damned if she wasn't going to accept that.

She wasn't about to admit that she was unarmed though. Her eyes slid sideways to the leering man. "I kin fight well enough. Fists ain't the worst weapons ye can find. But yes, I'm on m'way to get a new weapon. 'N' some food for the kits o'course."

Jessor playfully nuzzled the ear of one of the foxes.

"What 'bout you?" Her eyes skimmed over his body, finding nothing noteworthy on his person. He seemed to be lacking a list, Mizas, or even a weapon. Even his concealment is better than mine, the girl noted bitterly.
"What're you really out an' about for? Besides tryin' to hunt down young women in the alleys, that is."
Jessor Yellowmoss Image
Jessor Yellowmoss
Ride the Winds

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Get in Losers

Postby Arvo on August 8th, 2014, 9:10 am

She still didn’t relax; in fact she looked like she wanted to attack him. Of course this only spurred Arvo on more. That and the fact that she was a defenseless non-native to Sunberth who would, most likely, be killed if she didn’t arm herself soon. She told him she could fight with her fists, and Arvo didn’t doubt she could pack a punch. But would that skill hold out against some hulking thug with a broadsword and bad temper? Probably not.

She did answer his question, although everything else Arvo had said was ignored. Then he was asked a question of his own, which made him grin. “Hunting girls in alleyways, huh? I don’t mean to alarm you, Jess, but If I had an ulterior motive like that, I wouldn’t need all of this sweet-talk.” He met her untrusting gaze and answered her question “I’m simply heading to the markets to get some new arrows for my bow,” He said truthfully. His bow was kept inside a very small backpack, straps firmly tightened around his shoulder so yanking the bag wouldn’t dislodge it. Inside was his short bow as well as some arrows, and space for more arrows. His sword was firmly attached to his belt so it wouldn't fall and was easy to reach for. “I’m a hunter. Well, me and Marci are hunters, I should say. Though I do most of the work” He told her with a giggle. The dog yipped angrily as if she understood, and didn’t appreciate the insult. Though it was more likely because he was ignoring her entirely to talk to someone else.

“You got any sort of job?” He asked her “Or maybe you’re too new. Me? I’ve been her a while. Wasn’t born here. I think it’s safe to let you know that, considerin’ you’re not neither.” He said with a smirk. “Though, yer accent is pretty spot on.”

He didn’t ask where she was from, since he wasn’t open to talking about where HE was from. He was careful about talking about Windreach. He was a criminal there, after all. He wanted to detatch himself from that place completely. Course, there was a hint of an Inarten accent in his common, still, very few people here recognized it. “You ever ‘ad any practice with a specific type of weapon before?” he looked ahead “There’s a blacksmith nearby, come along, I’ll show ya” He said as he turned the last corner, leading her there.

Last edited by Arvo on August 12th, 2014, 6:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Other character(s)
Billie
Arvo

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Get in Losers

Postby Jessor Yellowmoss on August 11th, 2014, 11:51 pm

Jessor squinted and pulled a face at the man's back. What place did he have, asking her all these questions when she knew so little about him. Sure, he had told her a few things, but she didn't believe them for a second.

"I work as a barmaid." It was high time she started incorporating some lies of her own. "Pig's Foot tavern, actually. Work like that don't give much chance for working wit weapons."

Arvo lead her straight to a blacksmith as he had said which increased her trust in him, if only by a little. At least he was honest about his intentions, as far as she could tell.

In front of her towered a blacksmith shop, complete with dark walls and few windows. The notion of a shadowed building was suspicious, but then again, so was everything there. The shop may have been the only safe place on the block with men and weapons inside, so Jessor was happy to cut in.

Jessor shuffled her feet nervously, despite her own silent reassurances. The kits squirmed in her arms, begging to be let loose. After a tick of listening to her heart beat furiously in her chest, Jess let the foxes slip to the ground where they tousled their fur and played innocently.

The Drykas had other problems. She slid up to Arvo and tugged on his sleeve without thinking. She just needed support.

"I'm looking for some knuckledusters...Will you ask for me?" It was childish and pitiful that she couldn't ask by herself, but Jessor hadn't anticipated such a foreboding place. Her bright blue eyes widened and she stuck out her lower lip, just a hair.

"Please?"
Jessor Yellowmoss Image
Jessor Yellowmoss
Ride the Winds

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Get in Losers

Postby Sh'Ky Naes on August 12th, 2014, 9:59 am

Sh'Ky Naes

OOCSorry for posting late, I don't want to intrude, so if you don't want me to join the thread, I'll delete this post. :) (PS: Also, Jessor, regarding my reference to our earlier thread, I'm PLANNING on it going awry.)
Sh'Ky was headed to the shop, when along the way, he saw the woman from four days earlier, when he had caught her drunk in the Pig's foot, and tried to con her. It was... debatable if that scheme worked out or not, but Sh'Ky found the lady... interesting. Unfortunately, she was being accompanied by a slick-haired petcher with a shortbow. Raising his eyebrow, he strode purposefully towards the pair.I haven't gotten my due from this mark. Petch off, vagik.

When he reached the duo, he saw the woman's act, and burst out laughing. "Pahahah! Holy petch, woman, are you really THAT afraid of Sunberth?" Slapping her on the back lightly, he put his arm around her shoulder."Now, who's this man? I'm sure he's a fine, upstanding citizen." Looking at the hunter, he narrowed his eyes slightly, but kept the grin plastered all over his face.

PSAlso, I didn't mean to interrupt the post order. I'll post after Arvo, from now on, if you want me in the thread.

Other's Words My Words NPC's Words
Alt:
Dallen McHenderson
College is picking up, sorry if I'm not on for long periods of time.

How did you know that what you sought was redemption and not righteous vengeance?
Redemptio et quomodo iusti non quod petitur intelligis quia quod vindicta?

ImageImageImage
Sh'Ky Naes
Sometimes good people do horrible things.

Words: 82544
Joined roleplay: July 11th, 2014, 12:34 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

Get in Losers

Postby Arvo on August 12th, 2014, 10:59 am

OOCI don’t mind, but it aint my thread aha

The dark little armory was just as foreboding as always. Of course, Arvo could have simply continued on his way to the markets, but the quality of weaponry there could sometimes be shocking. And besides, he wouldn’t mind looking at some special arrows for his bow, and there was no way he was finding those in the market place.

He began looking around, assuming the woman would do the same thing, when he felt a tug on his sleeve. He turned his head and suddenly the woman he described as ‘fierce’ earlier turned into the picture of innocence. Arvo didn’t even know how to react, was she serious? Maybe it was an act, but what was the point? She’d seriously taken him off guard.

As it happened, he someone else decided to react for him. Arvo turned his head to look at the newcomer, obnoxiously barging into their conversation and roping his arm around Jessor’s shoulders. Arvo raised an eyebrow at the man. Maybe he knew Jessor, the way he was acting made it seem that way. Arvo considered the man for a moment before smirking and crossing his arms over his chest “Oh yes I am!” Arvo said with mock enthusiasm “You’ll never see a finer fellow in all of Mizahar.” He let out a low chuckle “Spose you think otherwise, am I right? What is it you want? Hn?” He asked directly

Arvo kept a cool smirk on his face, never losing his composure. If this man was some kind of predator, protecting Jessor from him would surely increase her trust for him. Therefore with his eyes, he dared the guy to test him. Marci looked at the man as well, lifting her top lip at him, but making no sound.

Other character(s)
Billie
Arvo

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Get in Losers

Postby Jessor Yellowmoss on August 12th, 2014, 10:33 pm

OOCI don't mind. The more the merrier.

Jessor froze at the touch of a man's hand on the small of her back. His arm slid around her shoulder, successfully pinning her in place. She tried to meet Arvo's eyes, begging him to get her away from her captor but he was too busy defending his pride to notice. She felt a bit miffed, both at his reaction to her plea for help and at his lack of action against the stranger behind her.

When her captor's words, slick with sarcasm, reached her ears, she shivered. She knew that voice.

It was her con man.

Now this was what she was afraid of. In terms of safety, Arvo was looking increasingly tempting. She listened to them bicker and puff themselves up, slightly tempted to ask if they needed a ruler so they could measure which of them was the most manly. She snorted, waiting for their show to be over.

True to her fiery spirit, it took the woman only ticks to find her voice after they finished speaking. She did not squirm away as she wanted to. Rather, she tilted her head back to stare the man in the eyes.
"I'm only 'fraid of petchers like you catchin' me off guard. I dunno 'bout you, but Arvo here's a man, an' he ain't afraid to help me. We's going to find me a weapon so I can fend for myself."

It wasn't that she trusted either of the men entirely, but she would feel a lot safer if the man with the hunting dog was protecting her. Jessor crossed her arms across her chest, mirroring her companion's bold stance.

The brave move was not as effective as it could have been though, due to her kit's rough-housing beneath her feet. They snarled and barked playfully as their claws scrambled on the hard ground, creating a chorus of tiny sounds. Jessor closed her eyes in exasperation; she had all but forgotten the vulpine menaces. Now she had to worry about them too.
Jessor Yellowmoss
Ride the Winds

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Next