Closed nature boy.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Built into the cliffs overlooking the Suvan Sea, Riverfall resides on the edge of grasslands of Cyphrus where the Bluevein River plunges off the plain and cascades down to the inland sea below. Home of the Akalak, Riverfall is a self-supporting city populated by devoted warriors. [Riverfall Codex]

nature boy.

Postby Yra on December 5th, 2014, 5:48 am

His reminder of her age, her inexperience, earned only a brief fidget from Yra, the smallest show of discomfort that was quickly smothered beneath the tide of kinder feelings, which were feelings she found dizzying and hard to adapt to. His kindness and acceptance was like air after she'd been drowning. Immediately, she was fond of him, and as his hand was extended she did not turn away from it, accepting it and allowing the contact to mature into an interlacing of fingers. This was what she wanted and she rejoiced that it'd be found so soon after her hasty birth and false childhood.

As Caelum's pride was explained to her, she satisfied her curiosity in this place, holding him back from proceeding by his hand as she picked up things, turned them around, inhaled the scent of herbs, and tapped the bottom of pans. Honestly, Yra had never been in a kitchen. If she were unlucky, she might have run in and caused a mess with careless actions, but she saw the way the things within gleamed and were kept orderly and instead reigned in her desire to handle everything.

She did detach from him in the kitchen, meandering to the pots and pans to look at them. In their surface, she saw her reflection, though distorted, and started, turning from them to look at other things and to learn the kitchen before they would return to the outside and she'd take the time to learn that.

Questions welled up, sitting in Yra's throat, yet only one rose to the forefront as her mind due to the fact that it seemed most prudent to ask, and it was asked hastily, with eyes quickly darting to Caelum before darting aside, as if to suggest she were shy, even if she was not.

"Who is Elise?"
Yra
there are no strings on me.

Words: 66902
Joined roleplay: July 20th, 2014, 3:32 am
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

nature boy.

Postby Caelum on January 5th, 2015, 1:58 am

Caelum paced familiarly through his kitchen, taking the opposite path around the center table from her. He did not want to impede Yra's exploration. He wanted her to be at home, and a step toward that end was coming to know her surroundings, and reaching an understanding with all of the details that made up a place.

Maybe he was too hopeful, existing entirely too close to the situation to expect anything less than love from someone growing intimate with Alements all of the dreams that had gone into its mortar. To any one else, it was just a place. A tavern with an occasionally canny physician who had a bad taste for puns and probably way too great a sense of self importance. Or maybe Caelum wasn't giving his own patrons enough credit. His reputation was already growing, and he was in the habit of helping it along now and again, turning it in one direction or another according to the whims of the wind. Regardless, he wanted his sun-sister to love this place as much as he did, and he was not a man who remembered to want very many things of his own.

"The pantry is here," he said and stopped before a door. Turning the knob, he opened it to show a large, walk in system full with summer's bounty and rows upon rows of dry goods, extra casks, full bottles and jars. The organization system was obvious and easy (unlike that for the infirmary). He turned from it to wave a hand at the opposite door. "And that's the ice house."

When Yra asked after Elise, he looked back to her. "Elise is my friend, and employee." He paused, considering. There was a great deal to consider. "This is her place as much it's mine. She helped me build it up. She cooks and bartenders and basically keeps me in line."
Caelum
The best way out is through.

Words: 1093768
Joined roleplay: March 18th, 2010, 10:27 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Character (1) Featured Contributor (1)
Featured Thread (1) Guest Storyteller (1)
Lore Author (1) Peer Reviewer (1)
Trailblazer (1) Donor (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

nature boy.

Postby Yra on March 25th, 2015, 7:13 am

Yra skimmed the tips of her fingers over the rosy bottoms of the pans that dangled before her, marvelling at the colour and the smooth texture, before moving on. Along the countertop, touching the wall, she was adamant to experience every ounce of this man's work and to appreciate it as wholly as she could. Every so often, her eyes flicked to him and she offered a murmur of assent to voice her understanding of his words.

She peered into the room that was the pantry, interested in the promise of jarred goods and summer's treasure, and she wasn't disappointed. Although the method of organization wasn't something completely obvious to Yra (she should probably spend more time looking at it in the future), she understood the gist of it.

"An ice house?" If there was something to grasp her attention sharply short of physical harm, that would have been it. Her brow furrowed as she pieced together what that could actually mean. It was summer, yes? Ice was a winter thing, unless this world had changed much more from the world she'd known (and honestly barely remembered) before her time with Syna. "You keep ice in here? In the summer?" She reached for the door on impulse, desiring to see the ice and to experience her first actual winter sensation, before she caught herself and retracted the disobedient limb.

A quick smile was offered Caelum before Yra stepped away from the door and turned her attention, and appetite for knowing onto word of Elise. Had Caelum grown many friends, then?

"She must be a lovely person, then," Yra responded. Her experience with people, limited as it had been to those who had saved her and the few she'd interacted with in more than a few words, had taught her that not often were people nice. "Do I answer to Elise as well?"
Yra
there are no strings on me.

Words: 66902
Joined roleplay: July 20th, 2014, 3:32 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

nature boy.

Postby Caelum on June 11th, 2015, 3:34 pm

Caelum reached for the ice house door even as Yra withdrew. He caught the knob in his hand and gave it a turn, opening the door to allow his celestial sister to peer inside. It was a small room, around two hundred fifty in square footage, set off on the far side of the cliff with specially insulated walls and a couple of drains sets up in the center of the floor that was slightly angled. Several gigantic blocks of ice were situated around the room and there were containers, mostly stone, with various food goods in them lining the shelves. Several large casks of ale were situated against the walls near the door for easy access.

“The walls are insulated with straw and wool,” he explained, smiling a little at Yra’s continued curiosity. “It helps keep this room cool even in summer and slows down the ice’s melting process. Fortunately, I have a virtually unlimited access to ice due to the magic ability of some friends.” He did not name them, or the magic in question, primarily because any conversation about magic was one that should be reserved for greater acquaintance.

While she explored, Caelum slumped comfortably in the door way and answered her questions. “Yes. You should do as Elise requests. She knows what she’s about and is incredibly more organized than me. I don’t foresee any problems, but should one come up please let me know.”

When Yra was finished studying the ice house, Caelum closed the door behind them and looked at her expectantly. “So what do you think? You can start tomorrow if you like.”

OOCHey there! Sorry about this. It got lost in my pile. Go ahead and close it out if you like. We can move on to new things.
Caelum
The best way out is through.

Words: 1093768
Joined roleplay: March 18th, 2010, 10:27 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Character (1) Featured Contributor (1)
Featured Thread (1) Guest Storyteller (1)
Lore Author (1) Peer Reviewer (1)
Trailblazer (1) Donor (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

nature boy.

Postby Kiva on December 29th, 2015, 6:17 pm

Yra
Uh-oh :
What a simple, and elegant job request thread. I adored Yra's innocence in this, and despite it being a mostly social visit, I found myself interested the entire time. You wrote your character very well, and I can't help but think of the bitter sweet quality that is the Etheafal. Thank you.

Now, on a separate note, it looks like your character is retired. If you come back to Miz, I'd love to post your grade. I'll have it waiting for you just in case, so PM me with the link, telling me what's up. :)

Caelum
The Good Stuff :
Experience:
Socialization 2
Rhetoric 2
Teaching2
Intelligence 1
Observation 1
Business 1

Lore(s):
Yra: A Young Ethaefal
Hiring Someone New

Loot: A new employee.

Notes: Hello, Caelum.
You write so well. *Cries* Anyway, your character never ceases to fascinate me, even in shorter, simple threads like this one. I think Yra make for an awesome new addition, assuming things work out. As for lores, I actually had a hard time giving you some, mostly since I felt Caelum had the upper hand here. He seemed to be a mentor figure in this thread, and other than finding out a few details about the other character, he didn't seem to learn anything new. Of course, if there is something I may have missed, please tell me!

This really was a nice read, so I hope you enjoy it when you see it. If you can, make sure to take this link off your grade request. xoxo

If you have any questions or concerns regarding your grade, please send me a PM and I'll be happy to discuss it with you. Keep writing!
ImageImage
Kiva
Player

Words: 225555
Joined roleplay: February 24th, 2015, 7:34 pm
Race: Myrian
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Donor (1)