A Proficiency Examination in Flirting...Naked [Finished]

A foray into the baths reveals a few interesting dynamics between amorous but unskilled youths

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The westernmost tip of Kalea, Wind Reach is home to an amazing group of people and their giant eagle mounts. [Lore]

A Proficiency Examination in Flirting...Naked (Open)

Postby Renol on October 17th, 2010, 4:19 am

Renol still lay against the side of the pool, soaking in the heat from the water when he heard the sounds of another person entering the pool. He peaked open a single eye to scan the pool slowly. He saw the flight leader glaring daggers at someone and followed her gaze over towards the newcomer. The corners of Renol’s mouth twitched down into a barely noticeable scowl as he opened both eyes fully now. He looked over the newcomer, someone who was, obviously, not from Skyinarta. Renol was a little less leery of newcomers then many of the Inarta, but he still wasn’t a huge fan. But many of them provided essential trade with the city to keep new items flowing through the city. He knew that the common rooms didn’t have any of their own baths, so any guests of the city would need to use the communal baths whenever they needed to clean themselves. So he wasn’t surprised to see the newcomer there. He just wished he would have had the good fortune to not have to share a bath with him. But Renol shrugged it off, resting his head back against the lip of the pool and closing his eyes again. He figured it would just be best to let the newcomer do his thing and then leave. After all, who knew how long he would be here to enjoy the things the Inarta had, so he might as well get it in while he can.

After a moment, he felt the presence of someone else move close to him. The voice of one of the two women spoke up, telling him her name. Renol smiled slightly, but kept his eyes closed and his head laid back a little bit as if looking up the ceiling. He didn’t even open his eyes to respond to her, still letting himself relax. And he still had her face in his head, so he knew just how she would look sitting there next to him, Greetings, Aidara. I’m Renol Fereo. I think I’ve seen you around the Aeries before, just like your sister.” He chuckled a little bit taking a slight mocking voice as he played off a fake pick-up line, So, you come here often, Stunningly Beautiful Stranger? He opened his eyes slowly, looking over to Kellan for a second, smiling jestingly. He wasn’t trying to be mean or anything, he was just giving the guy some crap. Renol didn’t flirt that way. He was much more laid back about it. No quick lines or not-so-subtle innuendoes. He just talked to them like regular people, joked, laughed, told stories, etc. But he did always try to remain a little detached. Just a little bit out of reach. It worked sometimes, and didn’t others. Truthfully, Renol wasn’t looking for a hook up today or anything. He just liked to relax. But a little harmless flirting was never a bad thing. His gaze moved down to Aidara, allowing his smile to widen just a little bit.

He was about to say something when the Towel Dek came hurrying over toward him with a glass of cold ale. Renol looked up to the small man and smiled a bit, reaching up with one hand to take the mug from his grip,” Ah, thanks. That coin I told you about it in the pocket of my bryda. It’s all yours. Oh, and bring over a few more towels, too.” The Dek nodded, going around the pool and taking the coin out from Renol’s folded pants and then hurried off to fetch some more towels for the group. Renol took a long drink from the glass, smiling as he shivered slightly, the cold drink sending icy fingers across his body after being so used to the hot water. He loved the sensation. He looked to Aidara,” Would you like some?”
Renol
The Be All and Endal...

Words: 68637
Joined roleplay: October 9th, 2010, 2:07 am
Race: Human, Inarta
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Damal on October 17th, 2010, 9:05 pm

If one could feel hatefilled eyes aimed at the back of their head then Damal could feel it. Out of the corner of his eye he noticed a girl staring at the back of his head. It seemed she didn't like something about perhaps she'd noticed his fangs some how and feared he'd dispense poison into the pool maybe it was the color of his flesh his pale flesh that didn't match the others around him. Perhaps she was frightened by the elongated arms or claw like fingers he had. But what ever the reason Damal didn't care. It seemed the girl's friend or sister or something came over and told her to stop staring.

It made Damal smirk. The girl who came into the pool to calm the hateful girl approached some Inarta and it made Damal feel quite uncomfortable that out of the people in the room they either hated him or ignored him to his knowledge. Damal set down the quill and grabbed a bar of soap and a rag and cleaned himself. It seemed he should leave as soon as possible so he cleaned himself at a hurried pace.
Damal
Philanthropist and Agriculturist

Words: 8701
Joined roleplay: June 17th, 2010, 10:33 pm
Race: Symenestra
Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Kellan Lucia on October 18th, 2010, 8:51 pm

Had Kellan met his match? He had never met a woman who would not at least amuse him when he flirted with her. The girl was needless to say, not very impressed with him and if she was, she was not showing it. "I'd be happy to call you beautiful stranger although… I would rather we got to know each other better." He smiled at Aidara. He was a bit offended by her remark at his looks. Although Kellan liked to act like he was cocky inside he was extremely self conscious. He liked how he looked but there was the topic of his height. He was quite short for a male. He was aware that his race was known for being a bit on the shorter side but being 5'6 had always made him feel self conscious. To add to his growing worry Aidara had walked away. Although she could have just wanted to see her sister there was something deep down in Kellan's mind that told him "She left because you are short."

Aidara had moved to the bath where her sister was lounging so there was really only one option and it was looking quite nice. Bathe with the two sisters. He strolled over to the pool and stripped off his clothing. After he was nude he slipped into the waters and smiled at the girls. "Well it looks like I get to bath with two beautiful ladies. How lucky am I?" Kellan looked at the sisters but they looked preoccupied. Sai was glaring at something and for a moment Kellan worried it was him. He bit his lip in embarrassment but then he noticed her yellow eyes were not fixed on him. He turned around and saw what the Endal was truly scowling at. It was a symenstra off at the edge of the baths. "Excuse me, if I may ask, did he do something to upset you?" It was not until Aidara spoke up to the other man in the bath that he noticed him. His golden eyes widened in surprise and then he smiled. "Heeeey, I didn't see you there. Kellan Lucia, who are you?"
Daylight again, following me to bed
I think about a hundred years ago, how my fathers bled
I think I see a valley, covered with bones in blue
All the brave soldiers that cannot get older been asking after you
Hear the past a calling, from Valterian's side
When everyone's talking and no one is listening, how can we decide?
Kellan Lucia
5'6 OF GINGER FURY!!!!!

Words: 113386
Joined roleplay: June 10th, 2010, 7:05 pm
Character sheet

Postby Sairque on October 18th, 2010, 10:04 pm

Sai watched the towel Dek return with a glass for Renol, who was looking quite comfortable there with her sister. Kellan had decided to join them after all, which was nice because he would balance out the pool nicely. More men than women was never a bad thing. That, and it looked like Addy had cooled his jets nicely with her little act. Now that he was a little more engaged on deeper levels, he had to be, she was sure, or he would have been offended and left to find easier women, his company would be pleasant.

It never hurt to be called beautiful. Kellan got a brief smile that was several degrees warmer than her previous ones.

He asked her what her problem was with the toothpick bathing on the other side of the pool. The one that had suddenly started scrubbing himself like he actually had somewhere to be soon. Sai looked at Kellan, the expression on her face shifting from disgust to engagement in the time it took to shift her eyes. The give away was the fact that he had to ask. Or perhaps he assumed she knew the boy from a previous encounter. Either way, her reasoning didn't matter. The little pipsqueek had noticed her and wasn't man enough to do anything about it. "Nothing, Kellan, he didn't do anything to me."

Sai stepped past Kellan for a moment to toss Addy's stuff up onto her towel so it wouldn't get lost. When she turned back the group had gravitated to Renol. Kellan was introducing himself, Addy was chugging a glass of ale like there was no tomorrow, and Renol was lounging, just like he had been. Coming up beside Kellan, Sairque sank down into the water, arms slowly waving through the warm liquid, little bounces of her toes keeping her chin above water.

Too relaxed to bring up any mock annoyance at all, her eyes were friendly where they settled on Renol. "You distracted my towel boy and now he's forgotten to bring me another one," she said lazily, words drawn out even further than normal.
"Oneday I wished upon a star
And woke up where the clouds are far
Behind me.
Where troubles melt like lemon drops
Away above the chimney tops
That's where you'll find me."
Sairque
It's so empty in here

Words: 424341
Joined roleplay: October 7th, 2010, 12:15 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 1
Trailblazer (1)

Postby Aidara on October 19th, 2010, 12:06 am

Aidara was not "chugging" ale. In fact, she took only a delicate sip from the glass that Renol so politely offered her. "Thank you." And she passed the glass back, shimmying to the side and out from under Renols arm. She wanted to lounge as well, and spread her arms across the rim of the wall behind her, kicking her feet until she lay on the surface of the water, treading in place only to keep afloat.

Green gaze turned back to Kellan for a moment, offering a smile idential to the one her sister gave him. Yes, it was nice to be referred to a beautiful. "You mean, stunningly beautiful women...Riiiiiight? You can get to know me better...if you play your cards right. And I'm assuming you play..." "Games" was the word Addy left hanging, as they both knew that he played games. It was actually quite obvious. Moving even further around the edge, Addy made room for her sister to join them. She regretted this generous action as the brat chucked her things out of the pool. Spoiled brat never cared for anyone else's belongings. Her motives of giving her sister the spot on the wall next to Renol also encompassed her plan to block the symenstra from her sisters volitile gaze. Sai was never fun when she decided to shove the racist stick up her...Anyway, she wanted to take the opportunity to at least introduce herself to the man, whom everyone in the pool at previously ignored. She felt guilty, and he hadn't done anything to her...

Leaning over, she practically had to stick her freckled nose under his own to get his attention. He was washing himself very vigeriously, as if their presence made him feel particurarly dirty. "Excuse me? I'm Aidara." She tried her best to offer him a friendly, charming smile, though she could feel her sisters gaze boring into the back of her head, and that made it rather difficult.

"What brings you to the Reach? I can tell you're not from around here..." Addy was always particularly good at stating the obvious, and she smiled ruefully "Well.. we don't get a lot of outside folks very often." Normally, Addy had some form of physical contact with whomever she spoke, a light touch on the arm, a pat on the shoulder or back. She kept a few inches between his man and herself, feeling slightly uneasy by her sisters severe reaction, and the rest of the pools occupants complete avoidance of him. She tried not to let this show on her face or her in her smile as she submerged herself into the warm water once more, as goose flesh has began to creep along her bare arms and chest as a not so gentle reminder that she was naked. Silly Aidara, forgetting she was naked. I guess that's what happens when you're so comfortable in your own skin.

Patiently, she waited for the pale mans response, wringing out excess water from a part of her hair as she began to braid the wet strands together, just to keep her hands busy.
Last edited by Aidara on November 5th, 2010, 5:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aidara
The "i" is silent

Words: 946840
Joined roleplay: October 6th, 2010, 5:20 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 10
Featured Character (1) Featured Thread (1)
Peer Reviewer (1) Trailblazer (1)
Overlored (1) Donor (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Wind Reach Seasonal  Challenge (1)
Power Fork (1) 2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Renol on October 19th, 2010, 6:28 am

Renol looked over to the other man, this Kellan, as he finally noticed him. Apparently his little jabs at the man had gone completely unnoticed. That perturbed him a little bit, but one would never guess it from his face. He watched as Addy took a small drink from the mug, smiling and shaking his head a little as he took the mug back and watched her float next to him for a moment. She was a very lovely woman, after all, and he was one who liked the female form. After a second he looked over Kellan once more, smiling still,”Renol Fereo, Endal. Pleasure to meet you, Kellan. And don’t worry about it, I like to be easily overlooked most of the time. Keeps undo attention from coming my way. You know?” Renol took another long drink from the mug, letting the cold fingers of the drink slither down his body once more, causing him to shiver slightly in the hot water of the pool. He sighed resting his head against the wall once more as he placed the mug on the ledge but within reach.

He kept his eyes open, though, looking over to Sai as she bobbed along the water, her hair bobbing as well, floating faintly through the water with each little bounce of her figure. He smiled back to her as his eyes met hers, listening to her faux complaint. He sighed slightly craning his head up and to the side to look behind him, his chest raising out of the water, the muscles of his chest flexing under his tattooed skin. He nodded a little bit as he saw the Dek picking up a small group of towels and brining them back over toward the pool. Renol chuckled slightly as he lowered himself back into the water, meeting Sai’s gaze once more, a playful twinkle flickering behind his golden pupils for a second,”Don’t worry, There will soon be enough for everyone. Even our guest.” Renol looked over to the pale man that Addy was talking to, his smile fading slightly, but not leaving completely, After all, even the guests have to stay clean. And they might as well enjoy the city while they are here, right?” He looked back over to Sai, questioningly,” They don’t get to stay in our city very long to enjoy what we have to offer, so they may as well get to use it while they are here.” he reached up, taking the mug in his hands once more and offered it to Sai, Drink? I’m surprised. The Dek did a good job of picking a good Mead. Something I, myself, would have picked out. I can’t fault him for that. He looked over to the Dek as the man laid the towels next to the edge of the pool before bowing and heading off once more. Renol made a mental note to flip him a last coin on the way out.

But he looked back to Sai, his smile widening once more,” See? Don’t have to be brutal with them all the time. A little coin will get even a Dek moving faster than the threat of a beating. After all, why should all the Dek get the fun of rough play? Might as well use that on people who enjoy it a little more, right?.” He winked to Sai, the playful glint still sparkling under his gaze.
Renol
The Be All and Endal...

Words: 68637
Joined roleplay: October 9th, 2010, 2:07 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Damal on October 20th, 2010, 3:49 am

Damal continued to scrub himself since it seemed he wasn't welcome. But while he was cleaning himself he could hear a little of what was going on around him. It seemed the girl who disliked Damal had a sister and some Endal(or whatever you call them) was flirting with them both. It seemed he wasn't having much luck which Damal figured he deserved it with the way he treated Dredges. The girl who calmed her sister down had been followed into the pool by the red headed man. The hate filled girl was having a drink with some other guy now. The man with the hate filled girl talked to the admirer.

He was in the middle of cleaning his arms when suddenly this girl got his attention. The nude girl spoke to him Damal was thank ful she could atleast speak the same language as him. She asked him what he was doing in Wind reach. Damal wasn't at all perverted in anyways but after she asked him what he was doing in Windreach he took a few seconds to view her naked body and then gave her the quick responce "Well I am looking to learn a few things while I am here and perhaps get a job here." He would given her his name but his new policy was Names Are For Friends and not every naked woman who approached him was his friend.
Damal
Philanthropist and Agriculturist

Words: 8701
Joined roleplay: June 17th, 2010, 10:33 pm
Race: Symenestra
Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Tiradus on October 21st, 2010, 12:37 am

oocI hope it's not too late to join.

Tiradus arrived at the baths eager for study. He had recently been looking around the arms gallery, admiring the artwork greatly, and decided the next skill he would learn would be sculpting. Luckily, the element of his knowledge in reimancy was earth. Too bad he had no knowledge of proportions and structure, and he had left his set of encyclopedias at home. Not wanting to go all the way back, he decided to head for the baths and do some field research instead, despite his slight embarrassment over his generic form.

He undressed and left his clothing in the "locker" area, heading to the pools. There were more people than he expected, but that shouldn't be a problem. He saw the towel dek conveniently coming near so he asked for a towel. It didn't take long for it to come, and when it did, he wasted no time getting in the pool. He quickly produced the pencil he had nestled on his ear and, after grabbing a fairly flat stone nearby as a makeshift writing slate, he began his observation, although he was sure to others he looked like he was just awkwardly staring.
Tiradus
Thirsting for knowledge

Words: 1807
Joined roleplay: October 15th, 2010, 11:12 pm
Character sheet

Postby Kellan Lucia on October 24th, 2010, 8:05 pm

Sai's glare did not seem to be nothing. There was something behind that gaze that showed that there was something wrong. Kellan did not push it though. If he knew one thing he knew about women it was that that she did not want to talk one should never push. Women may have been beautiful but for the love of Zulrav, they had mighty tempers. It was long before she had returned to the water and dived below the depths.

Next Kellan's attention switched over to Aidara. Kellan did not normally flirt with more than one girl at a time. Even more so, he never flirted with siblings. The twins made him feel a bit disenchanted. He tried to put up a strong front but the truth was everyday he thought about his late brother. He needed to hide this feeling though. It was unbecoming of a man to sit around and mope over his fallen brother, even if he was his twin. Kellan smiled at Aidara. "Trust me girl, I play." He winked at her and scooted closer to her. He was not sure if the girl would appreciate him scooting closer but he had to try.

A quick glance in Damal's direction proved to Kellan that the man felt out of place. He felt bad for the man. He was sure Sai's glaze was intimidating for the outsider. He moved over toward the edge of the pool and looked over at the man. He looked a bit familiar. Kellan knew he had never met the man but his coloring looked similar to someone he knew. Then it hit him, Drusilla! The man must have been a Symenstra like her. Kellan smiled at the man. "Hello stranger! I'm Kellan. Why are you all the way over there by yourself?" At times Kellan's over confidence in the fact that people would like him was a bit of a downfall but he had a feeling that this man would not turn him down. Kellan prided himself in not prejudging people. He liked to keep an open mind about people until they proved to be less than desirable. Only one thing picked at the back of his mind. "I hope his man is like Drusilla, I don't want to get killed."
Daylight again, following me to bed
I think about a hundred years ago, how my fathers bled
I think I see a valley, covered with bones in blue
All the brave soldiers that cannot get older been asking after you
Hear the past a calling, from Valterian's side
When everyone's talking and no one is listening, how can we decide?
Kellan Lucia
5'6 OF GINGER FURY!!!!!

Words: 113386
Joined roleplay: June 10th, 2010, 7:05 pm
Character sheet

Postby Sairque on October 24th, 2010, 10:45 pm

As the steam started wafting off the various bodies now inhabiting the bathing pool, further thickening the air and making the rest of the chamber hazy, Renol's aborted move to retrieve said missing towels did not go unnoticed. Floating along right into Addy's recently vacated spot, Sai anchored herself to the side, resting her head on the lip of the pool. Her thick hair, turned black by the water, provided cushion from the stone. Addy was off talking to...it, but Sai settled in comfortably a foot or two from Renol, and every now and then her adorable little toes and callused hands would make swirls on the surface of the water, breaking through before disappearing again.

"I don't see why they need to be here any longer than market day. We have nothing else to offer them besides our goods. And if we were to ask that one over there," said without any indication that she was talking about the pasty little thing that Addy was talking to. "He wouldn't be able to tell us how he's contributed to a single member of our society. Everyone works, except them. We can't eat scribblings on paper, but he can eat our work." Her tone had started out a bit relaxed, but was venomous by the time she finished speaking. Her lips were set in a firm line, the muscles of her jaw tight. "I would rather have ten outsiders starve than one single Dek." A statement which could be indicative of how she treated the drudges. Maybe not so differently than Renol.

Speak of the devil...the towel Dek was fearfully depositing neat stacks of towels near each member of their group, eyes darting up only if someone made an unexpected move. Whether the arrival of the towels was taken as a cue, or her reason stemmed from the recently finished rant, Sai straightened and turned. Her eyes lit on the glass of mead, the mead that had been deemed surprisingly tasty by Renol right after he had offered her some. Despite the offer, Sai still met his eyes questioningly before reaching out for the glass. "I've grown pretty fond of the chokecherry mead they've been experimenting with for the last two summers," she told him in that honey-drip voice of hers. A sip was taken and swirled over her tongue briefly before she took a longer drink. She was nodding in agreement and appreciation while handing the cold glass back. The chilled hand that had held the glass was quickly returned to the enveloping warmth of the pool.

Another man had entered the pool nearby. This one also furiously scribbling away with pen and paper...chalk and rock. And staring. Sai stared back. Without taking her eyes off of him, she turned her head a bit to Renol and asked, "Do you know who that is?" Staring wasn't a big deal, but staring with pencil poised over a writing slate was interesting.
Last edited by Sairque on October 25th, 2010, 12:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Oneday I wished upon a star
And woke up where the clouds are far
Behind me.
Where troubles melt like lemon drops
Away above the chimney tops
That's where you'll find me."
Sairque
It's so empty in here

Words: 424341
Joined roleplay: October 7th, 2010, 12:15 am
Character sheet