Open Night Out

After a day's work in the heat of summer, drinks are in order

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Not found on any map, Endrykas is a large migrating tent city wherein the horseclans of Cyphrus gather to trade and exchange information. [Lore]

Moderator: Gossamer

Night Out

Postby Naiya on August 26th, 2014, 4:55 pm

After a few long moments of peace in each other's company, something in the bar drew Shahar's attention. She followed his gaze to the large open area of the tavern. It seemed that the small trickle of people in the bar had grown, doubled maybe. That was odd, but stranger still was the flux of people moving through the streets, passing by the tavern without a second glance.

It brought awareness to her posture as she realized these people were likely returning from the evening prayer. That meant something, though she couldn't quite draw the meaning from her mind, and doing so was chased from her thoughts when Shahar spoke once more.

He was speaking, she realized, rather than relying on the signing that seemed to be his preference, and she wondered what had caused the change. Not that she minded it, in fact the sound drew her attention more to the feel of his chest vibrating with the sound rather than to his actual words.

Mild wonder shaped her as she slowly focused on him once more. What had he asked?

That was more difficult to articulate, it needed more story, more understanding. A lot of her family didn't offer her the kindness he had shown, had told her that her worth wasn't enough to deserve an emotion such as love. To explain such things, it would take the whole evening, more than that, and she didn't have that time.

That sort of clicked into her mind, that she didn't have time. She would be expected home with the prayers having ended. She could offer some explanation to Shahar first, of why she was thankful for his words.

"Love is a generosity I have not expected to receive, not something I have hoped for in a long time." She explained softly, though she would have no further explanation if he asked. Careful of her proximity to Shahar and the gentle swaying of the room she hooked once more the heel of her boot on the rung of her bar stool, using it and her hold on Shahar to lower herself from her seat.

The movement brought her closer than she expected, and she found she felt quite a bit smaller than before. "I should go," She gestured carefully to the people that ambled through the streets, "My family will be expecting me soon now that the prayers have ended."

Gently, and with an air of reluctance to part, she extracted herself from Shahar's arms, immediately feeling like she was leaving something behind in the absence of his touch. Losing something that she craved. She couldn't linger much longer though.

She was mostly steady, she found, as she stood entirely of her own power. She paused a moment in her attempt to leave to drink deeply from the container of water, feeling the relief of the the liquid fortify her resolve to leave.

From her coin purse she removed a single gold Miza and a couple silver joined it. She dropped them to the counter with little thought of whether or not it would cover their drinks, surely it would.

Did she leave him now? She wasn't sure, would it be rude? She hesitated, taking a measured moment to consider.

"Thank you, for coming out with me." She offered the words as a middle ground between parting and whatever else there was to end such meetings, though it felt strange to be so distant after the intimacy of their evening. She was poised to leave, waiting to see what course Shahar brought about next, sure that it would be one she did not expect.

LedgerSubtracted 1 Gold Miza and 2 Silver Mizas to pay for the drinks.
Last edited by Naiya on August 29th, 2014, 1:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Naiya
Player

Words: 766506
Joined roleplay: June 14th, 2013, 5:11 pm
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Overlored (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

Night Out

Postby Colt on August 27th, 2014, 1:32 am

ImageShe regarded him oddly then. “Love is a generosity I have not expected to receive,” she said. “Not something I would have hoped for in a long time.”

Shahar blinked at her. Strange, he signed, tilting her head as if she had told him that her hair was made of metal. As if her statement itself was immeasurably perplexing in the simple nature of how. He wasn’t given a great deal of time to think on it, though, as Rue began to move, to shift and change her weight. She tightened her grip on the clanless hunter and slowly abandoned her seat.

“I should go,” she said, drawing his attention to the people that had mysteriously appeared everywhere. “My family will be expecting me soon now that the prayers have ended.”

Shahar’s shoulders sagged sadly as she extricated herself from him. He let his hands linger as she pulled away, remaining in physical contact with her for as long as he was able.

She found her feet, and after a moment took a gulp of the water that the bartender had brought her. When she was satisfied, she laid a few coins on the table and paused. After a while that felt longer than it probably was, she turned to Shahar.

“Thank you, for coming out with me.”

There was a finality to her voice, one that heralded departure. Shahar frowned in unhappiness; he didn’t want her to leave. With alcohol veiling his inhibitions behind a cloud of baser thought, he reached out and took ahold of Rue’s hand again.

But he knew in his heart that neither of them could stay forever, although perhaps that was why he was so reluctant to let the moment end. But she needed to leave, she had said, and after a long few heartbeats, he let go with reluctant submission.
“Pavi” | Grassland Sign | “Common” | “Tukant” | Nura
Colt
Miss Communication

Words: 943625
Joined roleplay: August 8th, 2011, 6:38 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Featured Character (1) Overlored (1)
Advocate (1) Donor (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1)

Night Out

Postby Naiya on August 29th, 2014, 1:07 am

His hands lingered in their touch, dragging as she pulled away, making it all the harder for her to do so. Shahar was unhappy, and as if the emotion wasn't clear enough in his body, he reached out and took her hand once more, delaying her exit.

She wasn't looking forward to leaving either, and she found she mirrored his unhappiness without meaning to. She clung to his hand, trying to memorize the feel of it before she had to leave, but too quickly he released her, though it was not with anything close to willingness to do so.

She was sorry to have to go, and leaving him looking so downtrodden was more than difficult, but a quick glance towards the growing crowd reminded her of why she needed to leave.

She couldn't just walk away though, not after the evening they had shared. She was too short for any sort of real romantic gesture, but she could get close, especially with Shahar seated. She tiptoed, feeling her balance fight against her as she did, and placed a chaste kiss as high up as she could reach. It was more his jaw than his cheek, she thought as she dropped back away from him, but it was close enough.

She turned quickly, not able to stand the air of reluctant parting that surrounded them for a moment longer. Her feet guided her through the crowd quickly enough, though she had been steadier on her feet when she arrived, and she found an open edge that would allow her to join the others returning from the prayers.

As the warm breeze of the open lifted her hair softly from her cheeks she turned, searching the corner of the bar, hoping to glimpse Shahar a final time before she ducked her head and continued on her way home.

Through the jostle of people moving around her now, it was difficult, but blue eyes caught green for the briefest moment. She smiled softly and joined the flow of people moving out of the ruby district.
oocI made quite a few assumptions, if you feel this should have gone differently please let me know!
Naiya
Player

Words: 766506
Joined roleplay: June 14th, 2013, 5:11 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Overlored (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

Night Out

Postby Khida on October 26th, 2014, 10:53 pm

Rue Nightsong

Skill Points
Observation +2
Seduction +3
Socialization +5
  • Contrasting mead and ale
  • Seduction: an innocent touch that isn't
  • Seduction: a soft, exploring touch
  • Shahar Dawnwhisper: becomes relaxed under alcohol

Shahar Dawnwhisper

Skill Points
Rhetoric +1
Seduction +2
Socialization +4
  • Contrasting mead and ale
  • Rue Nightsong: also a hunter
  • Rue Nightsong: possessed of a nice smile and beautiful hair
  • Seduction: a light, teasing touch

I awarded Rhetoric for that reasoned and very poetic explanation of his choice in clothes.

Notes

A very intense, well-written thread. Not so heavy on the XP, but beautiful in terms of character. I look forward to further developments. :)

I awarded Seduction here because I thought their interactions felt altogether too intense to call it Flirting. Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns regarding your awards. Also, Rue, please edit your request to show this thread has been graded.
Spring threads: 2/5 .. | .. Season Goals .. | .. GradersMaxed skill: Observation.
Khida
Player

Words: 574944
Joined roleplay: April 14th, 2012, 11:14 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 4
Featured Character (1) Overlored (1)
Donor (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)