Solo The answer is Body Buildin!

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

The answer is Body Buildin!

Postby Kreig Messer on August 13th, 2014, 1:56 am

Spring 13th 15th bell 9th chime

Ser Titus Maximus looked at the brawler, small as the squire was compared to the giant ' Least I'm not small as some of the younger squires.... egads this man is huge[i]' It was kind of awkward being looked literally down upon by the man whilst the Brawler was busy with some bits of exercise his patron had left for him to do whilst she did some paperwork that had been piling a bit.

In each hand Kreig held a weight, they were heavy little things that he equated to holding buckets filled to the brim 'Though I won't have to worry about the handle digging into my skin with these....' He noted ruefully. With his right hand he lifted the weight to chest level then brought back down, moving only his forearm. in a low audible voice he was counting the number of times he had done so, when he reached the thirty mark he would alternate to the left arm.

" So....." Ser Tidus began at a volume that was slightly above average. Kreig noted that this was perhaps one of the few times he and the giant were ever in a situation with just the two of them. It was, again, quite awkward and that feeling was on emphasised with the fact that Ser Tidus was without his plate armor, having to wear a light suit of leather due to the blistering heat outside... surprsingly enough it did nothing to diminish his size or his undeniable presence.

"So.....?" Kreig prompted before continuing his counting.

" Oh um.... how goes your training, Squire Kreig?" Kreig had the distint feeling the giant wished had something to do right now, perhaps sparring with someone or telling boisterous tales of valor with his earth shaking voice.... unfortunately something also told him the man didn't have the option of doing those thinhs at the moment.

"Its going, Ser. My swordsmanship and marksmanship have been improving.... though admittedly a shield and a horse are still something I'm not quite comfortable with" Kreig admitted the last partd seepishly as he lifted the left weight up and down.

Ser Titus nodded in understanding " You'll get there lad, you're a fine warrior so says I. Not easy learning skills when you get older." He then looked at the weights Kreig was using and with a bit of curiousity asked " Not that I'm disapproving Kreig, but why is Sera Natasha having you lifting weights?"

"Hmmmm...oh, she said it will help me strike harder with my sword, Ser." Kreig said as he alternated back to his right, keeping a tighter grip as he began to feel the strain in his arms as he lifted '[i] that and a heavier punch, which is always a good thing
'

"Er....Ser, if you don't mind me asking. Why do you ask? A gent as huge and strong as you, I'd think something like this wouldn't warrant a question. probably been lifting heavy stuff all your life"
x
Last edited by Kreig Messer on August 13th, 2014, 1:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Feeel thy wrath!!!!

"You gents best be careful, I'm feelin' mighty rabid right now... and your the only ones around to bite"
Kreig Messer
The guy in crazy town.

Words: 883597
Joined roleplay: January 22nd, 2012, 7:55 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Medals: 8
Featured Character (1) Featured Contributor (1)
Featured Thread (1) Mizahar Grader (1)
Trailblazer (1) Overlored (1)
Donor (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Kreig Messer on August 13th, 2014, 1:57 am

Ser Titus was quiet for a bit, feeling sightly embarassed by his own question alongside Kreig's own. He then simply shrugged his shoulder and said " [color= gold] I was always big and strong for my age Kreig, I never actually needed kr was prompted to do any weight lofting exercises whilst growing up.[/color]"

"Really Ser? I find that hard to believe to be honest..."

" Oh its true, Kreig. I never had to train myself to carry heavy things, but I did carry them whilst growing up. I suppose doing that kept my muscles a good deal stronger than most, also whilst training for knighthood I did practice moving about in plate armor and swinging my hammer. I guess you could say I train my muscles to be strong, it was just never my intention..." He let an amused grin creep up on his face as he shook his head.

Kreig himself was amused by that really, he supposed it was the same in a small with his fighting, Kreig never actively sought to perfect his skills till recently.. he just loved to fight and it just got better from there. He lowered the weights to the ground as he reached for a mug of water on a table near him. From his count he did 120 lifts total, which meant he could take a break from it for about 5 chimes.

"guess you worn born lucky with that body, right sir?" He said after taking a sip from the mug.

Ser Titus tilted his head slightly and simply shrugged, pouring himself a mug of water from the pitcher on the table " I like to think its a blessing from Wysar"

"Wysar, sir?" Kreig inquired as he lowered his mug. He knew of the Akalak god, mostly by name though

Ser Titus simply nodded as he took a sip from the lukewarm water and then continued " Ay, Wysar. God of descpiline and patron of the Akalaks and one that many knights follow dilligently" He said with a proud smile "He's a god that values anyone noble person who polish their skills, Kreig.

Kreig nodded, it was a no brainer that the Knights would also follow a god such as Wysar. He suppose worshipping a god like that was quite simple too, just keep training and he'll be happy. After the 5 chimes had come and gone, Kreig resumed his training as he picked up the weights and began with the left weight as previously he stopped with the right. He lifted the weight up to his chest moving his elbow whilst keeping his shoulder still. The arms were still a bit sore, a slight numb feeling in his arm told him that.

'looks like tomorrow I'll be waking to very sore arms'
x
Feeel thy wrath!!!!

"You gents best be careful, I'm feelin' mighty rabid right now... and your the only ones around to bite"
Kreig Messer
The guy in crazy town.

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal

Postby Kreig Messer on August 13th, 2014, 8:05 am

Kreig continued lifting the weights, but gods were his arms tired…sore, he was used to swinging his heavy blade in a repetitive motion, but for some reason it was difficult carrying these weights. Was it the motion? Did the motion affect different parts of his muscles or something? He didn’t know really….he just knew something was different as he lifted the weights. Each time he lifted one in it felt like it took an extra tick just to reach his chest.

having trouble Kreig?’ Asked Ser Titus as he watched the brawler as if what Kreig was doing was the most interesting thing at the moment. Kreig grunted in acknowledgement as he lifted the weight again, counting thirty before switching to another “ I can imagine why, different exercises have this odd tendancy of working muscles you never knew existed , not that you or I know them anyway. Medical terms and all that hogwarsh, you see? I only know because when I was injured once they had discussed an exercise schedule in order for my limbs to get back in tip top shape, though they decided it didn’t matter since my training was already extensive……did learn things though while they were hovering over me

Kreig grunted again, letting the giant know he was listening to the man’s words. He lowered the weights again on the table and felt the weight of his limbs, they were surprisingly heavy……... It was always odd, you didn’t quite feel pain, but you certainly felt heavier from the exhaustion.

Reminds me when Sera had me swinging 5 sets of 100 swings’ He thought, suddenly he found himself looking at the mug up close to his face then looked at the giant hand holding it.

Drink Kreig, plenty of water to keep your body going” Kreig nodded, not turning his head as he opened his lips and allowed the giant to help him drink the lukewarm liquid. He wondered how people could enjoy this, doing this till their bodies’ reached their physical limit, then snorted as he reminded himself of how focused he was whenever he performed his sword drills.

Gods, the mind is so odd
x
Feeel thy wrath!!!!

Kreig Messer
The guy in crazy town.

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal

Postby Kreig Messer on August 14th, 2014, 5:50 am

He sat there for a bit, resting his tired arms. Ser Titus seemed to be counting the cracks in the cieling.... it was rather annoying really, its odd thinking that the giant had nothing to do. Still, Kreig appreciated his company ' might as well have had more than sore hands if he weren't here' he chuckled silently to himself as he slowly looked down at his fingers and moved them about a bit. He still had enough for another set for both arms he imagined.... so late in the day he imagined that was the reason his Patron had him doing these, better for him as an end day exercise rather than a morning one.

Kreig grabbed the weights annd resumed his training, counting each time he lifted one of them to his chest and alternating to the other after 30 times. It was slower then last time, which was slower than the first, and Kreig coudln't help but be annoyed with that. Ser Tidus kept watch on the brawler, noting that he'd need to cuatious in case Kreig ended up dropli g one of them on his foot. It would have been amusing though... recalling when Sera Natasha told him how the squire danced on one foot as he accidently struck himself with the sword.

The giant snorted and inadvertantly muttered "...hopping foot....." Kreig, not hearing the words clearly raised his head to ask, but he raised it too fast as his right arm jerked and his grip loosened resulting in hip dropping the weight on his foot.

Kreig yelped in pained surprise as he lifted his right fot onlh for the weifht to flip over to his lift, causing him to yep harder as he bounced on both foots, alternating between each.

Ser Tidus winced but couldn't help but explode in laughter as he fell to the dloor pointing a finger at the squire.

" Hopping Foot!" He guffawed, the whole time keeping the squire company having become quite worth it.
x
Feeel thy wrath!!!!

Kreig Messer
The guy in crazy town.

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal

Postby Archailist on August 15th, 2014, 7:09 pm

Kreig :
Skills:
  • +3 Socialization
  • +4 Body Building
  • +1 Endurance

Lores:
  • Bigger Muscles Means Harder Punches
  • Ser Titus: Trained From A Young Age
  • Using Different Exercises To Train Different Muscles
  • Keep Grip On Weights When Bodybuilding
  • Body Building: Drink Water Constantly
  • Ser Titus: An Odd One
  • Wysar: Patron God of Akalaks

+4 for Training
= +4 Shield Points

Notes :
Hopping foot! Haha!
Loved the thread, the detail on each exercise too.. and the utter awkwardness of Ser Titus. Poor man has nothing better to do, does he...

Was I a little too nuts in my grading?
If you've got concerns, just call me.
Archailist
And the potter said unto the clay, BE WARE...

Words: 942771
Joined roleplay: November 28th, 2013, 8:20 pm
Blog: View Blog (1)
Race: Pycon
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Overlored (1) Donor (1)