[Lhavit Entrance] The Amaranthine Gate

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The Diamond of Kalea is located on Kalea's extreme west coast and called as such because its completely made of a crystalline substance called Skyglass. Home of the Alvina of the Stars, cultural mecca of knowledge seekers, and rife with Ethaefal, this remote city shimmers with its own unique light.

Postby Norian Jard on November 30th, 2011, 4:24 am

Day 81, Fall, 511 AV

A few strokes of his beard, and the last verse of a happy tune, he approached the towering gate that lead him to the new home that he'd be settling in. His eyes glistened in the sun as the cool air swept around him. He'd smile broadly, and stretch one more time. The light hearted fellow was not nearly as active as he felt inside. He had traveled a long ways to get to the city. His journey was a slow and misfortune burdened one, but in the end he won out against the odds.

Nothing but what he carried on his back and the one building he purchased was all that was to the name of Norian Albert Jard. He stepped up towards the entrance, only to be halted by two guardsmen. He looked at them both and courteously bowed his head saying, "Hello sirs! What might be the issue?" A question to which was responded with the enquiry of his purpose. Boldly, Norian stated, "I traveled from Sunberth in order to see new sights and to find a place of work where one might feel safe. Also, I had purchased a home within the city." The guards accepted this response and permitted the pleasant seeming man to enter the walls of Lhavit.
Norian Jard
Player

Words: 6093
Joined roleplay: November 29th, 2011, 3:14 am
Race: Human
Character sheet

Postby Sweetie Belle on December 1st, 2011, 5:52 pm

Season of Winter, Day 1, 511 AV

Belle doesn’t like the smell of this… Okomo? Is that what that Guide fellow said it was? It doesn’t matter since this creature are beneath her notice unless they so happen to have food or are food themselves THEN only will Belle notice them. The “Okomo” carried her up the steep narrow roads to Lhavit where Belle hopes to make her new home. She had heard of this shiny city and her impressions of it would indeed reinforce her decision. In the meantime, Bell tried to enjoy her ride up. The Guide had asked her to stop whapping the Okomo. “Who is he to tell me to stop?!” She thought the Okomo protested by bucking and almost throwing her off the cliff. The Guide had calm the beast down and again, demanded that Belle does not whap the Okomo. She shrugged and said, “Fine.” When the Guide was out of earshot, she whispered into one of the Okomo’s ear. “I will get you for this. Mark my words!” She purred but it was a pathetic human mimicry of purring but she did anyway. There were benefits to be in human form like able to open food closets. She also wants to keep a low profile and keep up her human appearance.

Eventually, they made all the way up to a pretty gate. It was pretty but the people around wasn’t. They were ugly, really ugly. Not as pretty as Belle. This city would be lucky to have Belle strutting though the streets to add some prettiness to compensate for the ugliness of this people. One of them smiled at Belle who wanted to hiss at the “threatening” facial expression made by them but the Guide noticing Belle’s discomfort, bade her to calm down. “They’re the Shinya.” He explained as if Belle knows what a Shinya is. For all she knows, it could be another word for ugly people. “They’re the guards of the city.” Belle merely nodded; guards were useful. They would keep out the troublemakers and other things Belle didn’t like. One of them asked Belle what is her business in Lhavit. Alright, she needs to give a HUMAN answer: “Your city is pretty.” Not good enough. “I like it.” Still not good enough! “I want to live here.” Yes, that was it. The guard nodded and then the Guide spoke, “They will let you in now but do keep your troubles to yourself, I would advise.” Belle gave her thanks to the Guide and dismount off the Okomo.

She walked through the gates and was awed by the splendor of the city itself. Everything is just so shiny. She then started to chase the lights. There were so many lights that Belle started to chase them all as if she could chase and eat them all. “What are these? Can they be eaten? I wanna catch them all!” She doesn’t know why but there’s something in her that demands that she hunts the lights. For about half a bell, she went around chasing the lights. Finally, she thought she caught one and had it in her claws but the light ran away. “Sneaky little things, I’ll get you! One day and way or another!” She then realized that she’s been stared at. This was bad; how can she blend when everyone is looking at her thought she does love the attention but the issue right now is to blend in with these people and be one of them. She slowly stood up and dusted herself before loudly announcing, “I’m normal!” She sprinted away to somewhere she can hide for a bit before continuing on her quest of getting food, being petted and receiving praises.
Green is when I'm speaking Common.
Blue is when I'm thinking in my Mind.
Teal is when everybody else is speaking.
Red is when I'm speaking Cat-Speak.
Sweetie Belle
Kitty-Wizard

Words: 2314
Joined roleplay: November 21st, 2011, 1:10 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet

Postby Tiberius Bayle on December 7th, 2011, 12:40 am

2 Winter 411 AV, Early Afternoon

Tiberius' legs were nearly gelatinous. He had opted the day before to simply camp at the base of the of the path up to Lhavit, and it was a good thing he had. Weeks of long hard travel had worn him out, and the near full day of rest was much needed. From what he gathered from Hachia, they were nearly to the Amaranthine Gate.

Tiberius had been to Zeltiva and Sunberth, and seen the massive castle-city of Syliras, and none of it had prepared him for the grandeur of the Amaranthine Gate. It was simply splendid, and a grin split across his face, both because the journey was nearly complete, and at the elegant beauty of the architecture before him.

He led his packhorse, Capos, up the stairs towards the gate, as his guard dog, Isikai, followed faithfully, true to its name.

As he arrived at the gate itself, a guard turned and asked what brought him to Lhavit.

"I have come from across the world to study and to learn," he replied, which was true enough. Though he had heard great things, he was still unsure of the way in which the people of Lhavit would react to a Wizard.
Tiberius Bayle
Student of the Arcane

Words: 7528
Joined roleplay: December 2nd, 2011, 4:06 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet

Postby Corvus Daylighter on December 29th, 2011, 2:59 am

Corvus Daylighter
Day 30, Winter, 511 AV, Early Morning

Corvus followed behind her guide, name already forgotten, and panted like a dog in midsummer. A thick fog settled around the peak, obscuring most things around her and forcing her to urge herself and her horse faster than she would like, Fleet snorting frequently behind her in protest. For a time she pet his snout to reassure him, but as the early dawn seemed to go by at an increasingly slow pace, her irritation brought her to mimic her horse's snorts of protest whenever she heard them. Corvus was quite certain her behaviour would be incentive for her guide to think she was a loony and send them back, but at this point she was determined to go forward simply so she could turn around and laugh mockingly at the trail she left behind. She carried her close possessions on her back, while the heavier things were strapped to Fleet. Her irritation grew with every step she took as her fatigue increased and her guide remained as energetic as he had when she'd requested him to guide her, his pace never slowing or quickening. Thighs burning, she felt a glimmer of hope as she began to see light on the horizon, but left her lantern going, feeling wary that her mind was starting to play tricks on her after her hard travel.

When she reached the gate her mouth fell open in awe and her eyes widened, accentuating her fearfully large pupils and light-coloured irises, little white to be seen. Luckily for her, the hood of her cloak shadowed her eyes, the darkness only aiding her more. She stumbled when Fleet ran into her back, catching her balance and whirling to glare at him. He simply nickered in amusement and nudged her onward with his nose. Her gaze returned to the entrance to her new, most likely temporary, home and she gaped. It glowed. She'd heard tale of the celestial buildings of Lhavit, but guessed to herself they were nothing more than half-batty stories told by men who had more ale in their veins than blood.

"Hail, what brings you to Lhavit?"

Shaken from her entrancement, Corvus directed her attention to the Shinya guard that had addressed her and smiled pleasantly, only her nose and bright teeth visible. Knowing it was probably more suspicious if she kept her hood up, she brought it back and let her dark hair tumble around her, sleek and straight. She eyed them directly, expecting soldiers of the city that seemed to be made of magic would not be shocked at the sight of a small Kelvic girl's eyes. Remembering her manners, she bowed to both guards that stood there in greeting. "I seek shelter and lodging, and a purpose. I hope to find it here." Her smile transformed into something mischievous and slightly wicked, and she winked at the guard who had greeted her before thanking her guide and bringing Fleet and herself through the gate, into the bright city and her new life.
Corvus Daylighter
Player

Words: 6515
Joined roleplay: December 26th, 2011, 1:30 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet

Previous