[Lhavit Entrance] The Amaranthine Gate

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The Diamond of Kalea is located on Kalea's extreme west coast and called as such because its completely made of a crystalline substance called Skyglass. Home of the Alvina of the Stars, cultural mecca of knowledge seekers, and rife with Ethaefal, this remote city shimmers with its own unique light.

Postby Alura on February 1st, 2011, 9:35 pm

"Hail, what brings you to Lhavit?"

"SHEEESH!" shouted Kayzoku falling on his knees holding with both handson the scythe. His breath was heavy, he was exausted.

"it sure is... a travel... people" said he while breathing. He took a while to stand up but then he was ok. he swifted the scythe backwards and fixed it on the handler on his back, under the half cloak so that it would be barely visible.

He looked at one of the Shinya and said " They didn't give me one of those Okumos so I had to come up on my own"

He looked around with his eyes wide open " wow people, this gate is beautiful, it's the LHavit entrance?"
Alura
Player

Words: 2317
Joined roleplay: January 27th, 2011, 12:46 pm
Race: Human, Benshira

Postby Ennis on February 9th, 2011, 10:27 pm

65th of Winter, 210 AV
Ennis came to a halt as she was approached by a guard like person. She wasn't exactly sure what path she had taken to get here, and while traveling she was so sure she was gonna get lost, but no she came here without any problems.

"What brings me here? Why love, and shelter.. Mostly shelter.. I traveled from that place.. That's far away.." Ennis may have forgot the exact place she left from as she was very caught up in the beauty of the city. This place was wonderfull, maybe Ennis could pick up some of it's beauty, and find her love here. Although this city was strange to her, she suposed that was because she had spent so much time in the wilderness, and less fortunate cities.

She took a deep breath, and looked around again.
"This is a wonderfull place." She sighs as she was quite happy she came here. Seemed like a city she could learn something about herself in, but now she really needed to move on as the guards started to stare at her.
"Ah, sorry I'll be on my way.." Ennis scrambled away as soon as she realised she had been staring off into space for some time.
Ennis
Watch Me Crash And Burn

Words: 6270
Joined roleplay: February 8th, 2011, 5:01 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet

Postby E'isi on February 18th, 2011, 10:36 pm

Eisi looked up to the peak, she could see it in sight. How long has she been traveling, how far did she walk, she could not remember. Growing up she herd stories of this city, but what she expected to find she was unsure of. As she turned the last corner, she looked up to see a gate. It was truly a sight to see, the craftsmanship that went into it was surly a work of love. A small smile leaked to her face. She took a step closer and herd a voice, there stood a guard, wanting to know what she was doing here.

"What brings me to here?" Her soft voice repeated as she thought of what brought her so far, "To find beauty, and honesty, to visit with others not my own." she looked into the guards eye, her own flashing with the beauty from the gates. "That is what I wish to discover."
E'isi
Free Spirit

Words: 69390
Joined roleplay: February 15th, 2011, 8:07 pm
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Aselia Timandre on February 21st, 2011, 7:59 pm

Timestamp: 60th of Winter, 510 AV

At the foot of the mountain, the travel group dissolved as they had to climb up to the city one after another. Aselia would have liked to try her climbing skills, but she understood that the path was very steep, exhausting and dangerous, so she didn’t object when offered an Okomo, a strange mixture between goat and antelope. Holuri took off from her shoulder as soon as Aselia mounted the creature, perhaps a little jealous of the foreign animal receiving the Konti’s attention. Whitewind, her gentle mare, somehow managed to follow the goat-antelope, although the small group had to wait for her or guide her through a difficult part several times. Consequently, the last bit of the journey was long and slow, but eventually the gate came in sight behind a group of sharp peaks.

Aselia’s eyes widened with awe. The gate radiated a slight shimmer and was elegantly carved and ornamented, a beautiful masterpiece. For a few moments, she merely stared and took in all the details, locked in place. When the guide tugged at her sleeve, however, she remembered that the Okomo wasn’t hers and slipped from its back. “Thank you”, she whispered and patted it. The animal had done a great job carrying her up to the city.

Then she turned to the guards, men dressed in simple, single-colored fabric who nevertheless stood tall and proud to protect their home. The atmosphere was totally different from any city Aselia had already visited. She took it in with a deep breath and then answered the guard’s question. “Greetings, my name’s Aselia Timandre. I’d like to stay here for a while and get to know the city. I plan to study and practice my skills too.”

It seemed a bit confusing to Aselia, but the guards let her in nevertheless. Before entering, she thanked the guide and waved goodbye to him and his Okomo. “Where would be the right place to ask for rentable apartments and employment?” she asked one of the guards. “That’d be Cosmos Center, young lady”, the guard replied and gave a description of the general directions. Aselia smiled, pleased by the politeness of the resident militia, and entered the streets of Lhavit, followed by her horse and her falcon.

"To see a world in a grain of sand, and to see heaven in a wildflower,
hold infinity in the palm of your hands, and eternity in an hour."
Aselia Timandre
Player

Words: 89486
Joined roleplay: January 8th, 2010, 9:11 pm
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 1
Trailblazer (1)

Postby Malanos on March 1st, 2011, 10:27 pm

10th of Spring 511AV

Malanos had come to Lhavit. His family had followed him once again, but this time they had come together and had traveled as one. They had traversed the road from Alvadas, and had finally come to the shining gates of Lhavit, the city of the stars.

The road had been hard, but for the Isur who were used to trekking through such mountains, it was nothing more than normal. Such roads gave them at least a feeling of being at home, but they knew that this was far indeed from Sultros and the home of their family.

When the gaurd questioned him Malanos spoke quickly and with no hesitation. "We come to Lhavit as travellers, we seek truth and symmetry, we are here in peace."
Malanos
Player

Words: 9129
Joined roleplay: December 2nd, 2010, 8:30 pm
Race: Isur
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Maliken on March 5th, 2011, 2:21 am

10th of Spring, AV 511

Maliken stuck close behind Malanos. Her left sleeve waved vigorously away from her body, the telltale sign of no arm underneath. The robe draped over Maliken's made the already short slender frame of hers seem smaller. There was nothing there that clung to her skin to show her body. She wasn't comfortable with it, not while she was so... imperfect. However, at least Lhavit didn't drive her insane. Where as Alvadas made her sick and furious by its lack of symmetry, its perfection, its logic, Lhavit was wonderful. Still, she wasn't here to gaze at the city. Maliken had work to do. She had an arm to create. She needed to find someone that could teach her things she didn't know, and she would do just about anything to convince them to accept her. She had some money, she was a diligent worker, she would work for knowledge, she was that desperate.

However, that wasn't even an option just yet. Maliken wasn't even in the city yet. She allowed Malanos to talk for her. She knew little Common, and she wasn't too fond of the prospect of learning it, yet, she would if it would help her to understand. Maliken moved closer to Malanos, whispering in his ear in their racial tongue. "Ask the guard where I can find any gadgeteer, or teachers of world magics." Maliken wasn't one to say please, though that didn't particularly mean she was demanding or barking commands. She wasn't the type to do that either. Everything she said, when calm, was more of a suggestion or casual statement than anything. She never even thought about a simple 'please' unless it seemed to be the only way to get something she really wanted.
Maliken
Coasting by

Words: 32168
Joined roleplay: January 29th, 2011, 9:02 pm
Character sheet

Postby Tsaksha on March 6th, 2011, 1:38 am

Day 4, Spring, Year 511AV

Was it true? It had to be true…

The had travelled over the mountains for nearly a whole other day since glimpsing the glint of the city from afar…

Tsaksha was nearly falling off her horse, but he had even sped up a little now. He must know that this meant safety, refuge, maybe even a home for a little while. The little golden wolf began to pick up speed as well, he let out a happy sort of yip that his owner returned to him, her eyes brimming with happy tears.

A guard stood at the gate, and asked them their business, even if he looked a little bewildered at the sudden explosion of happy tears this seemed to bring on the young girl mounted infront of him.

“I… I seek refuge here. We have been travelling for a long time, friend.” And with that she collapsed onto her horses reassuring shoulders, as her took her through the beautiful, elaborate gate and into the heart of this miraculous city. She thanked Yahal over and over again for what he had done. He had given her everything, all because of her perpetual optimism in the face of the impossible.

All because of her faith.
Tsaksha
Where theres will, she'll find a way.

Words: 6491
Joined roleplay: March 6th, 2011, 12:28 am
Race: Human, Benshira
Character sheet

Postby Navir on March 8th, 2011, 2:41 pm

Navir walked behind his family, a bit of homesickness nestling in his heart when he looked around the mountains that where not quite as majestic as the ones in his beloved sultros. Still the sight of a city that didn't change as much as the weird thing they called a city, alvadas. If he had to stay there for even a moment longer he was sure that he would have killed something, preferable a resident there.
He pushed away those toughs, they couldn't help it that they lived in a madhouse.

When they arrived at the gate the guards asked them what their business was.
"I'm here because I am traveling with my family, we don't mean any trouble."
Navir
Player

Words: 13909
Joined roleplay: January 4th, 2011, 10:26 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Soren Thundersong on March 10th, 2011, 6:15 am

511AV, Spring

Soren slipped off Tal's back. Patting the strider's neck, he produced a dried apple for His friend. The journey up to the gate had taken longer than he had expected, the air cold enough Soren had pulled out his seldom used cloak. Chittering, a white fox climbed out of a saddlebag, dropping to the ground. "Hush Mika, we will be warm soon enough." Soren said to the fox. The tottering old guide, bowing, pointed to them to the gate. The magnificent magical Lhavit gate stood before the trio. Two guards stood, seemingly rooted by the gate. They turned to look at Soren and, in unison adressed him. "Hail, traveler. What brings you to Lhavit?" At the sound of their booming voices Mika scrambled behind Soren's legs. Tal snorted, knowing the imposing figures would do no harm. Taking a leaf from the old guide's book, Soren bowed low to the guards. "Self improvent. And shelter." The guards nodded, and one replied "A worthy cause. You may enter plainsman." At this the the large stone doors creaked open. Soren, Tal and Mika slowly walked through the gate and into the city of stars.
Soren Thundersong
Nvr respected, Always forgotten

Words: 26915
Joined roleplay: March 9th, 2011, 7:38 pm
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet

Postby Emizal Silverden on March 14th, 2011, 6:09 am

1st Day of Spring, 511 A.V.

A young woman rides a top of a bay Strider, she moved with he horse making the ride smoother, she brings her fingers to her lips as she send out a loud whistle, a large deep bark bellows from the top of the mountain, right by the gate. She wears all white, silver jewels decorate her and her strider. The horse comes to a stop, in front of them lay the gates to Lhavit, a smile seeps into her lips. She pats the horse side as she slides off its back, "Good job Sevian" she speeks in a whimsical language. The horse steady watches as she walks up to the gate and rubs the head of a White Great dane, "Javi"

The guards speak to her, wanting to know why she is here, and who she is.

"I am Emizal Windsong of the Diamond clan, I come to rest up and be on my way. Stay and visit, feed my partners here and restock." the men nod and open the gates, she leads her Stallion in with her, Javi running around them waging his tail.

Going to be gone for a while, but will be able to post, just not as often as I want.
Emizal Silverden
Of The Diamond Clan

Words: 36164
Joined roleplay: March 9th, 2011, 9:10 pm
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet

PreviousNext