[Lhavit Entrance] The Amaranthine Gate

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The Diamond of Kalea is located on Kalea's extreme west coast and called as such because its completely made of a crystalline substance called Skyglass. Home of the Alvina of the Stars, cultural mecca of knowledge seekers, and rife with Ethaefal, this remote city shimmers with its own unique light.

Postby Fraxassildior on May 29th, 2011, 8:06 pm

I take a moment to catch my breath as I reach the top of the spiral. I must've pushed myself too much as I walked up here, which isn't that surprising: I'm visiting Lhavit, a city with such odd and eccentric rumours about it that it's natural for me to grow excited.

I grudgingly wave the guide off, a forced smile on my face. I would've made my way up here myself, if that guide (I think his name was Hakie or something?) hadn't convinced me that it would lead to death. Not that I usually belief such fancy stories, but the idea of dying in the wilderness right before I reach my goal after such a long trip is a good incentive for allowing him to guide me.

Still grumbling a bit, I take the rope attached to my pony (nameless bugger seemed a lot like that guy's goat) and walk over to the gate. I saw the gates a couple of of times on the way up, but this close up, they really don't resemble anything I've seen so far. I'm so caught up with this new sight, that I nearly jump up as I'm addressed by what clearly is a guard.

"Hail, what brings you to Lhavit?" he asks me, politely but firm. Resisting the urge to say 'spread chaos and eat your children' for the hell of it, I put on my best, kindest smile and say "I've come to check out your city, it's apparently very beautiful and magical". My pronunciation is a bit off, and if I didn't take twice as long as a normal person to say this simple line, my S's would've sounded like a hiss. Still, I think the eavesdropping and small chit-chat I had with people have improved my mastery of the common language enough to not stand out or betray my race. don't think he suspects what I am, or otherwise he's very good at hiding his emotions. He just nods towards me and signs up. There were two more guards up there that I didn't even notice, and they open the gates. Keeping my polite charade going, I thank the guard and make my way inside.
Fraxassildior
Pinkyboy

Words: 5449
Joined roleplay: May 24th, 2011, 10:33 pm
Race: Dhani
Character sheet

Postby Seferox Zenrad on June 16th, 2011, 9:39 pm

Season of Summer, Day 16, 511 AV

I rest for a minute once I reach the top of the spiral, this walk seems much more difficult than when I was a child, I'm drenched in sweat and I barely made it up without collapsing from heatstroke and fatigue. Maybe a drink in the inn will cool me off. I look at the guide and say, "Many thanks, Hachia Koat. You have been of most assistance to me in reaching the Amarinthe Gate. You have quite a.....lovely shack. Farewell , may you be blessed by the Star Lady a thousand times for your help."

Shuffling my feet, sweat dripping from my face, I approach the gate, waiting for a guard to address me. After several minutes, I politely cough to grab their attention. After which the guard looked at me and says,"Hail, what brings you to Lhavit?" . I smile and reply," I'm coming to revisit my birthplace, Lhavit, perhaps get a job. " I say politely, hoping that there wasn't any requirement since I had last been here about visitors, though speaking Lhavit must help, he probably will simply wave me in, I hope....... The guard nodded without even taking a second glance at me, signaling the gate-keeper to allow me in. I was finally at my birthplace, for the first time in as long as I could remember.
Seferox's CS http://www.mizahar.com/forums/post84608.html#p84608
When I'm talking in THIS color, I'm speaking in Lhavitian. When I'm talking in THIS color, I'm speaking Common. When I'm talking in THIS color, I'm speaking in Nari.
Seferox Zenrad
Player

Words: 1411
Joined roleplay: June 14th, 2011, 1:25 am
Race: Human
Character sheet

Postby Akari on June 29th, 2011, 11:18 pm

12th Summer, 511AV

Akari slid gracefully from the Okomo as it came to a halt near the gate. The sight before her filled her vision and she stood in awe at the spectacle. She was so caught up in it that she didn't even register the guide moving back away from her. The Amaranthine Gate was elaborate, beautiful, and it took the girl a few moments to register the guards standing on either side of it.

She blinked at one of the guards - a Shinya - and he smiled before speaking. "Hail, what brings you to Lhavit?"
Akari was sure that they would be able to guess she had roots here. She smiled nervously. "I am Akari Ishida. I seek to join the Order at the Pavillion." An eyebrow raised when she spoke her surname, that she had noticed. The Shinya's face remained otherwise passive. He nodded to her and motioned to the gate.

She glanced quickly behind her, giving the guide a nod before stepping into Lhavit.
T - 10 | P - 20 | M - 20
Akari
Following in Father's Footsteps

Words: 25293
Joined roleplay: June 20th, 2011, 7:46 pm
Character sheet

Postby Emeric on July 12th, 2011, 12:57 pm

21st Summer, 511AV
The sun had long since set when Emeric was struck by the glorious sight, the steps to Lhavit – he double checked the tattered map in his hand to make sure. Noting the Amaranthine river flowing serenely not far off. He was in the right place, now the small matter of ascending the mountain. He drank deep from the river and dropped the flaking map into its swift waters, watching as it quickly broke up into nothingness.

Checking his sword and lyre were strapped securely to his back, he threw his cloak over them and pulled it tight. He took a step, and then noticed a man watching him, standing in the door way of a glittering shack. “You heading up?” he called. Emeric nodded, and resumed walking – thinking he would be left alone.

The man was quickly at his side, and then stepping ahead of him. “Follow my lead, don’t want you breaking your ankle in the darkness!” He produced a lantern and lit it, bathing the pair and their surroundings in a flickering orange glow. Emeric was tired, his legs burnt, and the bruises which littered his body twitched with pain with every step he took.

“Should make it up before sun breaks.” The man said, speaking for the last time as they ascended together in silence.

---

The great gate was incredible, something that Emeric could never have before perceived. He was entirely focused upon the intricate detailing that he didn’t notice the pair of guards, either side of the gate.

“Hail! What brings you Lhavit?” One of the guards said, with a suspicious gaze into the eyes of Emeric. Different responses rattled through his mind, sanctuary, work, bandits. He didn’t believe the guards would be sympathetic to any, so he pulled the pouch of mizas from his clock and shook them.

“Trade,” he stated. The guards looked at each other, an entire conversation playing out between their eyes. The one who spoke turned again to Emeric, “Very well.” Visibly relaxing their weapons, Emeric stepped forward and through the gate. Glancing once more to his mysterious guide, the man was already walking steadily down the mountain.

Emeric
Player

Words: 56918
Joined roleplay: July 6th, 2011, 6:14 pm
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet
Medals: 2
Artist (1) Donor (1)

Postby Tamsin on July 30th, 2011, 1:49 am

1st of Summer, 511 AV

She had gotten dressed in the garments that had been in the leather backpack, which had been mercifully dry, and slowly made her way, with assistance and direction, from the Tranquil Port. Her long black hair had still not dried - and she suspected it wouldn't, not for time yet, but for now, it hung loose down her back, reaching her calves. The silver ring of the waning moon was barely visible beneath her long black hair.

She thanked the man who had been kind enough to accompany her to the gates of the crystalline city with a light touch, a nod, and a word of thanks in the Common tongue before looking at the guards through her mismatched eyes. She listened to their query, and considered it. "He sent me here to learn," the Ethaefal looked up at the night sky, smiling at the warming, blissful crescent that was her deity.

More to do. So much left undone.
Tamsin
Moonchild

Words: 24673
Joined roleplay: June 13th, 2011, 10:04 pm
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Chek Halek on August 25th, 2011, 5:59 pm

Chek Jumped out of the cart as he say a magnificent gate. He looked with awe and wonder. He was so use to seeing only forest but his mind still pondered over the murder of his parents. He saw a few guards and the seemed to allow him into the city. He walked in bow strung across his back. He looked with awe and wonder.
Chek Halek
Player

Words: 1200
Joined roleplay: August 25th, 2011, 4:38 pm
Character sheet

Postby Arros Angerforge on August 28th, 2011, 11:25 am

Timestamp: Summer 65, 511AV

Arros had been travelling to Lhavit for weeks now, he had to get out of Alvadas sooner or later or the gangs that roamed the street looking for that special bounty that hovered over his hard, Isurian head, what else could he expect he did destroy a large portion of the Bizarre, peoples businesses and livelihoods of course they're would be people out looking to bring him to justice or stick a blade in his gut. Hopefully they wouldn't follow Arros here and if he kept a low profile, hopefully he would be able to return like nothing happened.

Walking up to the massive gates that had two guards stationed either side, one of them said "Halt Isur, what business do you have in Lhavit?" the tone of voice the guard used was calm and collective but had hints of firmness.

"I come here from Alvadas, I seek work as a blacksmith" Arros's voice was brash and hurried but had hints of composure that was not normally seen with him. Arros was actually on the run but they would never know. Blacksmithing was a perfect decoy to say, he was an Isur after all.

The guards looked the Isur up and down, they noticed his clothes were rugged and covered in dirt, they suspected that it was from the lengthy journey, They also noticed the hammer that Arros held in his hard hand, big and intimidating it was, but with the excuse of him being a blacksmith, the anxiety between Arros and the guards lowered right down.

"Alright Isur, you may enter" the guard said with the same kind of tone.

Walking past the guards, Arros continued his way to Lhavit.

Arros Angerforge
The Hammer of Fury

Words: 37139
Joined roleplay: August 19th, 2011, 11:44 pm
Race: Isur
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Rorugir on September 26th, 2011, 7:55 pm

15th Fall 511 A.V.

The dewy morning fell like daggers across Rorugir's face, the bright sunlight trickling between the Misty Peaks dazzling the Isur's eyes and the crisp air chilling the man's iron body. For a second, he had to shield his eyes and wait for the light to fade from his eyes. He yawned, a full, jaw-cracking yawn that left him feeling as though he needed a rest. His shoulders slumped and his eyes dropped for a moment as he gave into the tiredness. Then, the okomo bleated anxiously from beneath him, and Rorugir shot back up straight.

"Come now, Isur, we're almost there." The encouraging voice of his guide, Hacia Koat, spoke from above him. The guide sat on his own okomo, several paces up the mountain trail. He looked calm and well-rested, not anything like Rorugir. Having spent the previous day reaching the base of the Misty Peaks and the majority of the night climbing them, Rorugir felt ready to drop.

But, he knew he could not. He was too close now, too close to give into anything but excitment, not sleepiness nor happiness. A simple anxious flurry inhabited Rorugir's stomach, one that spoke of only one thing: I am close to reaching Lhavit!

With a sudden spurt of strength, the Isur spurred his okomo back into the action and they shot forward. Hacia, waited until they grew closer before doing so as well, leading Rorugir up a trail that led to (could it possibly be?) Lhavit.

Ah, the Diamond of Kalea. How strange, yet so appropriate, that, in his wanderings, he had made it here! Rorugir could hardly comprehend it. He had left his homeland on a quest for knowledge, and here he arrived, in the city of mystical knowledge and secrets. It seemed almost the work of a god, Izurdin, no doubt. Or...maybe Eyris. Either way, Rorugir sent a silent thank-you to whoever had dropped him off here safely.

However, reflecting on the path he had taken to get here, 'safely' might not have been the best choice of words to describe Rorugir's travels. The trip here had been by no means easy. Many misfortunes had befallen Rorugir when he had left Sultros- but that was all behind him now. Now, here, in Lhavit, he could begin his true life.

A sudden change in color drew Rorugir's attention from his musings. Squinting slightly, Rorugir saw a pair of ornate gates awaiting him, two stationary figures on either side of them. Could this be?-

And so it was. Rorugir had arrived at the Amaranthine Gates.

"Hail, what brings you to Lhavit?" one of the guards stationed there called out to Rorugir as he and his guide drew close.

Rorugir felt uneasy, as he always did when someone pried into his personal life. But, knowing it was this guard's job to know about the peope he let through, and, more importantly, he could deny them access if they didn't prove sufficent. And so, Rorugir tried his best to be as least evasive as possible.

"Just a simple thirst for knowledge, that's all." Rorugir replied gruffly, fiddling a bit with the hem of his tunic. "I'm out to discover the wonders Mizahar has to offer." Hopefully that would be sufficent- Rorugir dreaded what would happen if it wasn't...

...Luckily, however, it seemed to be adequate. The guard chuckled, and with a grin, replied, "Yes, well, you'll find a lot of your 'wonders' here in Lhavit, Isur."

"That's what I was hoping for." Rorugir said simply.

The man spent a moment just looking at him, then bowed his head in acquiesce. "Welcome to Lhavit."

Strangely, no joy filled Rorugir. Perhaps it was the lack of sleep. Rorugir dismounted the okomo and entered the Diamond of Kalea, off to find a decent inn to sleep in.
This is Rorugir's speech when he speaks in Common...
...And this is Rorugir's speech when he speaks in Isur.
Rorugir
Lost child of Uluth.

Words: 120916
Joined roleplay: September 25th, 2011, 1:02 am
Race: Isur
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Malena on November 5th, 2011, 5:06 pm

51st Fall, 511 A.V.

Approaching the gate, there's no travel weariness in her eyes, no pack of travel supplies, and no traveling shoes - in fact she's barefoot. There's no travel wear and tear on the appendages though, her toes neatly polished a silvery hue that matches her dress. There's no guide accompanying her either, further quelling any suspicions that she might be a visitor to the skyglass city.

"Hail," calls one of the Shinya guards as she approaches, but once she lowers the hood of her cloak, there's apparently no further need of asking her business. For it is Malena Tsang, daughter of a fallen Shinya warrior and an accomplished artist in the city.

"Salutations," she returns, sotto voce, when she reaches the ornate arches of the gate. There's a streak of white paint across her brow, trailing up and off into her hair, likely gained during an absent gesture while rendering the painting she carries now, the offending paintbrush tucked into the complicated and artistic knot of her upswept hairstyle.

Passing onward and into the city, the barefoot artisan slips off toward her home, no doubt to get ready for the Moon Festival which would be starting once the sun dropped a bit lower in the sky.
Malena
a touch of terrible...

Words: 6335
Joined roleplay: September 17th, 2011, 1:18 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

The entrance of Calvin freeman

Postby Calvin Freeman on November 26th, 2011, 10:48 pm

Midnight, 55th of fall 511 AV,

Calvin climps the last step of the a thousand steps to the beautiful Amaranthine Gate. He stand there, hands on his knees, a mixture of filth and sweat dripping from him. He pants heavy breaths as he tries to rejuvenation himself having run here in darkness. For the first time calvin looks up to see that he has arrived here in Lhavit the city he has so longed for. He remembers what his old teacher told him that he should go straight to the housing office to redeem his old house. These were his teachers last words but he will not shed a tear instead he moves him self to fulfill the promise he had once made long ago. With this thought in Calvin mind he takes one foot and begins to walk straight in through the beautiful gates of Amaranthine.
Calvin Freeman
Preforming Alchemist

Words: 36659
Joined roleplay: November 6th, 2011, 1:04 am
Character sheet
Journal

PreviousNext