CS Layout Template

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Here's the place to find information on 'How do I do that?' when it comes to creating avatars, signatures, calculating travel time or big purchases, or even working with the bbc code. There are help files for codework for both the main board forums and the lore sections. There are threads advertising players that are willing to create signatures for other players. Please feel free to discuss technical issues, photo cropping, suggest new bbc code, or get help from players and admins on things you want to do. This forum includes posts, wiki technical aid, avatar art, character sheet art, signature work, and all things visual when it comes to Mizahar.

CS Layout Template

Postby Ricky Maze on August 21st, 2014, 1:39 am

With a bit of convincing from a few chat friends I figured I'd set this up to put together a template for everyone, within here you'll find the very same settings based on the "Core" theme I've followed for my PC's. This template will allow you to get down to the very depth of detail of your character, while at the same time provide a neat way to organize everything in your CS.

The compilation is just a basic set of boxes designed to provide the details, and serves as a guide to how you can fill out the information however you may choose. These boxes are also still works in progress as there may be new things to add to them, or new ways to change the layout to better suit the character. It all depends on how you use the BBC Coding to set up your templates. Different styles can change the outlook and design which your CS may appear too! If you have any suggestions to add to a certain template below then pm me. :)

Also bear in mind that the content in these templates is what is the compilation of the Character Core, and it is up to you as the writer to decide how you want to go about using the Core. Everybody is able to customize the Core to however they want, and generally each Core is based on that character that they're making it for. So while this thread creates a basic idea for a template to follow, it still leaves customization up to you as far as designs and aesthetics go.
Last edited by Ricky Maze on October 29th, 2014, 12:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Journal - Plotnotes - Announcement!
Scrapbook - Shop (Closed)- Vlogs
Credit goes to Fallon for allowing me to temper with her codings! :)
Ricky Maze
"Bottom's up!"

Words: 2035002
Joined roleplay: March 30th, 2011, 9:02 pm
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 7
Trailblazer (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) 2014 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)
2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

CS Layout Template

Postby Ricky Maze on August 21st, 2014, 2:13 am

The first template of the CS is based on the Vital stats of a character, it contains all the basic information of that character before going into thorough detail later on. You can change the template colors and fonts, by looking in the BBC coding at the start of the post. You can also insert a framepic or secondary styled background, for a more aesthetically based design.

Character Name

Insert a character quote here

The Vitals

Alternative Names: What other names does your character have? Nicknames?
Titles: What is your character known as? Is it "(Name) the Lionheart?"
Race: What is your character's heritage?
DoB: When were you born?
Height: How tall are you?
Weight: How much do you weigh?
Hair Color: What is the color of your hair?
Hair Length: How long is it? Is it styled a certain way?
Eye Color: What color eyes do you have?
Skin Color: What color skin tone do you have?

Birthplace: Where were you born?
Profession: What do you do?
Housing: Where is your residence located?

Dislikes: What are things you don't favor or enjoy?
Fears: What is it you are afraid of?
Worships: Which Deities do you follow?
Aspirations: In one word, what do you dream of? You can have more than one dream.

Fluent: Language 1
Basic: Language 2
Poor: Language 3

Theme: The Sailor Song - AutoHeart

The theme song is what would represent your character, you can find songs on certain websites like soundcloud to use.

Code: Select all
[style=width:500px; padding:25px; border:2px solid white; background-color: black; color: white; font-size: 200%; border-radius: 5px 5px 5px 5px; margin:auto; font-family:Houndtim;][center][size=200]Character Name[/size]

[img](Insert an image of your character here)[/img]

[size=50][i]Insert a character quote here[/i][/size][/center][/style]

[style=width:500px; padding:25px; border:2px solid white; background-color: black; color: white; font-size: 100%; font-family:Houndtim; border-radius: 5px 5px 5px 5px; margin:auto;][right][size=200]
[b]The Vitals[/b][/size][/right]

[b][i]Alternative Names:[/i][/b] What other names does your character have? Nicknames?
[b][i] Titles:[/i][/b] What is your character known as? Is it "(Name) the Lionheart?"
[b][i] Race:[/i][/b] What is your character's heritage?
[b][i] Gender:[/i][/b] Are you Male or Female?
[b][i] Age:[/i][/b] How old are you?
[b][i] DoB:[/i][/b] When were you born?
[b][i] Height:[/i][/b] How tall are you?
[b][i] Weight:[/i][/b] How much do you weigh?
[b][i] Hair Color:[/i][/b] What is the color of your hair?
[b][i] Hair Length:[/i][/b] How long is it? Is it styled a certain way?
[b][i] Eye Color:[/i][/b] What color eyes do you have?
[b][i] Skin Color:[/i][/b] What color skin tone do you have?

[b][i] Birthplace:[/i][/b] Where were you born?
[b][i] Location:[/i][/b] Where are you at now?
[b][i] Profession:[/i][/b] What do you do?
[b][i] Housing:[/i][/b] Where is your residence located?

[b][i] Likes:[/i][/b] What are things you favor or enjoy?
[b][i] Dislikes:[/i][/b] What are things you don't favor or enjoy?
[b][i] Fears:[/i][/b] What is it you are afraid of?
[b][i] Worships:[/i][/b] Which Deities do you follow?
[b][i] Aspirations:[/i][/b] [i]In one word,[/i] what do you dream of? You can have more than one dream.

[b][i]Fluent:[/i][/b] Language 1
[b][i]Basic:[/i][/b] Language 2
[b][i]Poor:[/i][/b] Language 3

[center]Theme: The Sailor Song - AutoHeart
[mp3]http://a.tumblr.com/tumblr_m4p84kDECG1qcajsio1.mp3&volume=50&amp[/mp3]

The theme song is what would represent your character, you can find songs on certain websites like soundcloud to use.[/center][/style]
Ricky Maze
"Bottom's up!"

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

CS Layout Template

Postby Ricky Maze on August 21st, 2014, 3:32 am

The second post here goes into more thorough detail about your character in general, be sure to flesh out every detail you can think of!

Character Concept

Insert a character quote here

The Exterior

Explain the concept of their physical appearance here. Go in depth with the way they walk or talk, how stand or walk, the way they usually dress, their own certain style to their look, even their preferred style to combat.

Scars and Marks :
Marks
Has your character earned a Gnosis mark? What is it? Where on their body is it located? Tell us about this mark and what it means, and what power it grants if there is one.

Scars
Has your character earned any scars or lost a limb? Where on their body is this located? Explain how they got that injury.

Tattoos
Does your character have any tattoos? Where are they at? What do they look like?

The Interior

Explain the concept of their personality here. Go in depth with their persona, describe their nature, their habits, their behavior, the way they think, how they would fight.

Merits
Merit- What is this merit?

Flaws
Flaw- What is this flaw?
Flaw- What is this flaw?
Flaw- What is this flaw?
Flaw- What is this flaw?
Flaw- What is this flaw?

Aspirations
Name- Describe what this aspiration is.

Views

Life Explain how your character views this concept.

Death Explain how your character views this concept.

Family Explain how your character views this concept.

Religion Explain how your character views this concept.

Magic Explain how your character views this concept.

Law Explain how your character views this concept.

Orientation Explain how your character views this concept.

[style=width:500px; padding:25px; border:2px solid white; background-color: black; color: white; font-size: 200%; border-radius: 5px 5px 5px 5px; margin:auto; font-family:Houndtim;][center][size=200]Character Concept[/size]

[size=50][i]Insert a character quote here[/i][/size][/center][/style]

[style=width:500px; padding:25px; border:2px solid white; background-color: black; color: white; font-size: 100%; font-family:Houndtim; border-radius: 5px 5px 5px 5px; margin:auto;][right][size=200][b]The Exterior[/b][/size][/right]

Explain the concept of their physical appearance here. Go in depth with the way they walk or talk, how stand or walk, the way they usually dress, their own certain style to their look, even their  preferred style to combat.

[spoiler=Scars and Marks][b][i][u]Marks[/u][/i][/b]
Has your character earned a Gnosis mark? What is it? Where on their body is it located? Tell us about this mark and what it means, and what power it grants if there is one.

[b][i][u]Scars[/u][/i][/b]
Has your character earned any scars or lost a limb? Where on their body is this located? Explain how they got that injury.

[b][i][u]Tattoos[/u][/i][/b]
Does your character have any tattoos? Where are they at? What do they look like?[/spoiler][/style]

[style=width:500px; padding:25px; border:2px solid white; background-color: black; color: white; font-size: 100%; font-family:Houndtim; border-radius: 5px 5px 5px 5px; margin:auto;][right][size=200][b]The Interior[/b][/size][/right]

Explain the concept of their personality here. Go in depth with their persona, describe their nature, their habits, their behavior, the way they think, how they would fight. 

[size=150][b]Merits[/b][/size]
[b]Merit-[/b] What is this merit?

[size=150][b]Flaws[/b][/size]
[b]Flaw-[/b] What is this flaw?

[size=150][b]Aspirations[/b][/size]
[b][i][u]Name[/u][/i][/b]- Describe what this aspiration is.[/style]

[style=width:500px; padding:25px; border:2px solid white; background-color: #000000; color: white; font-size: 100%; font-family:Houndtim; border-radius: 5px 5px 5px 5px; margin:auto;][right][size=200][b]Views[/b][/size][/right]

[size=150][b]Life[/b][/size] Explain how your character views this concept.

[size=150][b]Death[/b][/size] Explain how your character views this concept.

[size=150][b]Family[/b][/size] Explain how your character views this concept.

[size=150][b]Religion[/b][/size] Explain how your character views this concept.

[size=150][b]Magic[/b][/size] Explain how your character views this concept.

[size=150][b]Law[/b][/size] Explain how your character views this concept.

[size=150][b]Orientation[/b][/size] Explain how your character views this concept.[/style]
Last edited by Ricky Maze on October 29th, 2014, 12:29 am, edited 2 times in total.
Ricky Maze
"Bottom's up!"

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

CS Layout Template

Postby Ricky Maze on October 28th, 2014, 11:41 pm

Here is where your character's history is developed. You can fill start with a basic backstory for their origins, and overtime generate plots that occurred in the characters past, filling in the holes of their history with flashbacks. Plots that occured in the present and are finished fill in the second half of the Story Core. You can also change up the color of the tabs as well as the font color, to coordinate them with the theme of your character's CS!

Character History

Insert a character quote here.

Memories of History

Origins
Fill in the history of their back story here. You can create new tabs by copying this one, and pasting it right before the {/tabset} code.

Memories of the Past

Plot
Events that have passed IC are recorded here.

[style=width:500px; padding:25px; border:2px solid white; background-color: #000000; color: white; font-size: 200%; border-radius: 5px 5px 5px 5px; margin:auto; font-family:Houndtim;][center][size=200]Character History[/size]

[size=50][i]Insert a character quote here.[/i][/size][/center][/style]

[style=width:500px; padding:25px; border:2px solid white; background-color: #000000; color: white; font-size: 100%; font-family:Houndtim; border-radius: 5px 5px 5px 5px; margin:auto;][right][size=200][b]Memories of History[/b][/size][/right]

[tabset=200][tab=Origins,#FFFFFF,#000000][size=150][shadow2=black,2,2,1]F[/shadow2][/size]ill in the history of their back story here. You can create new tabs by copying this one, and pasting it right before the {/tabset} code.[/tab][/tabset][/style]

[style=width:500px; padding:25px; border:2px solid white; background-color: #000000; color: white; font-size: 100%; font-family:Houndtim; border-radius: 5px 5px 5px 5px; margin:auto;][right][size=200][b]Memories of the Past[/b][/size][/right]

[tabset=200][tab=Plot,#FFFFFF,#000000][size=150][shadow2=black,2,2,1]E[/shadow2][/size]vents that have passed IC are recorded here.[/tab][/tabset][/style]
Last edited by Ricky Maze on October 29th, 2014, 12:30 am, edited 3 times in total.
Ricky Maze
"Bottom's up!"

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

CS Layout Template

Postby Ricky Maze on October 28th, 2014, 11:59 pm

In this section you'll be able to create a Relations table, allowing you to create several useful charts that entails who all is important to your character. Family is the people that are related to the character by some strong means, it can mainly be composed of relatives but if there are friends that feel like family, then they can fit in this category as well.

The Other People is used for those associated with the character but not directly involved with them, so it can be a compilation of pc's as well if there are some you wish to add to your CS. Companions is more in countenance towards living pets, animals that your character owns or has owned. Also bear in mind that if you have an NPC that is traveling with you, whether they be a family or some other character, you can add a skills list and inventory list to display all the items they have on them. These two charts are located in the first tab and can be altered to match the color scheme/theme you have created for your CS.

Character Relations

The Family

Empty
ImageName: ?
Relationship: ?
Race: ?

The Relationship: ?
His Skills:
Skill XP Proficiency

His/Her Inventory:
ItemQuantityConditionTimestampYearAcquisition

The Other People

Empty
Relationship: ?
Race: ?

The Relationship: ?

The Companions

Empty
Breed: ?
Weight: ?
Coloring: ?
Abilities: ?

About: ?

[style=width:500px; padding:25px; border:2px solid white; background-color: #000000; color: white; font-size: 200%; border-radius: 5px 5px 5px 5px; margin:auto; font-family:Houndtim;][center][size=200]Character Relations[/size]

[style=width:500px; padding:25px; border:2px solid white; background-color: #000000; color: white; font-size: 100%; font-family:Houndtim; border-radius: 5px 5px 5px 5px; margin:auto;][right][size=200][b]The Family[/b][/size][/right]

[tabset=300][tab=Empty,#FFFFFF,#000000][img2=left]http://www.mizahar.com/forums/gallery/pic.php?mode=large&pic_id=41353[/img2][shadow2=black,1,1,1][b]Name:[/b][/shadow2] ?
[shadow2=black,1,1,1][b]Relationship:[/b][/shadow2] ?
[shadow2=black,1,1,1][b]Race:[/b][/shadow2] ?
[shadow2=black,1,1,1][b]Age:[/b][/shadow2] ?
[shadow2=black,1,1,1][b]Gender:[/b][/shadow2] ?
[shadow2=black,1,1,1][b]Status:[/b][/shadow2] ?

[shadow2=black,1,1,1][b]The Relationship:[/b][/shadow2] ?
[shadow2=black,1,1,1][b]His Skills:[/b][/shadow2]
[table2=#BFBFBF,#000000]Skill | XP | Proficiency[/table2]

[shadow2=black,1,1,1][b]His/Her Inventory:[/b][/shadow2]
[table2=#BFBFBF,#000000]Item|Quantity|Condition|Timestamp|Year|Acquisition[/table2][/tab][/tabset][/style]

[style=width:500px; padding:25px; border:2px solid white; background-color: #000000; color: white; font-size: 100%; font-family:Houndtim; border-radius: 5px 5px 5px 5px; margin:auto;][right][size=200][b]The Other People[/b][/size][/right]

[tabset=300][tab=Empty,#FFFFFF,#000000][img2=left]http://www.mizahar.com/forums/gallery/pic.php?mode=large&pic_id=41353[/img2][shadow2=black,1,1,1][b]Name:[/b][/shadow2] ?
[shadow2=black,1,1,1][b]Relationship:[/b][/shadow2] ?
[shadow2=black,1,1,1][b]Race:[/b][/shadow2] ?

[shadow2=black,1,1,1][b]The Relationship:[/b][/shadow2] ?[/tab][/tabset][/style]

[style=width:500px; padding:25px; border:2px solid white; background-color: #000000; color: white; font-size: 100%; font-family:Houndtim; border-radius: 5px 5px 5px 5px; margin:auto;][right][size=200][b]The Companions[/b][/size][/right]

[tabset=300][tab=Empty,#FFFFFF,#000000][img2=left]http://www.mizahar.com/forums/gallery/pic.php?mode=large&pic_id=41353[/img2][shadow2=black,1,1,1][b][color=#BFBFBF]Name:[/color][/b][/shadow2] ?
[shadow2=black,1,1,1][b]Breed:[/b][/shadow2] ?
[shadow2=black,1,1,1][b]Weight:[/b][/shadow2] ?
[shadow2=black,1,1,1][b]Coloring:[/b][/shadow2] ?
[shadow2=black,1,1,1][b]Abilities:[/b][/shadow2] ?

[shadow2=black,1,1,1][b]About:[/b][/shadow2] ?[/tab][/tabset][/style]
Last edited by Ricky Maze on October 29th, 2014, 12:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ricky Maze
"Bottom's up!"

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

CS Layout Template

Postby Ricky Maze on October 29th, 2014, 12:16 am

In this section you'll display your skills using charts and tabs, making organizing them a bit easier to keep with in time. While this template has a basic set of categories to use, you can actually break them down and further expand the chart by making new categories as well.

Character Skills

Skills

Key
SP = Starting Package
RB = Racial Bonus
SX = Seasonal Experience
XP = Earned Experience

Physical
Mental
Social
Lifestyle
Arcane

The Physical tab contains skills associated with physical actions; swimming, running, etc.
The Mental tab contains skills associated with the mind; logic, mathematics, etc.
The Social tab contains skills associated with interactions; Socialization, Persuasion, Etc.
The Lifestyle tab contains skills associated with daily things; cooking, childcare, etc.
The Arcane tab contains skills associated with magic; both personal and world magics go here.

Things like career pursuits have specific skills involved as well, like healers may need to know herbalism and medicine. Stuff like that generally falls under Lifestyle but can easily be placed elsewhere, it all varies depending on how you look at the skill and how you customize this section to your use.

Physical
Skill SP, RB, SX XP Total

Mental
Skill SP, RB, SX XP Total Proficiency

Social

Lifestyle

Arcane

[style=width:500px; padding:25px; border:2px solid white; background-color: #000000; color: white; font-size: 200%; border-radius: 5px 5px 5px 5px; margin:auto; font-family:Houndtim;][center][size=200][shadow2=black,2,2,1]Character Skills[/shadow2][/size]

[style=width:500px; padding:25px; border:2px solid white; background-color: #000000; color: white; font-size: 100%; font-family:Houndtim; border-radius: 5px 5px 5px 5px; margin:auto;][right][size=200][b]Skills[/b][/size][/right]

[center][tabset=340][tab=Key,#FFFFFF,#000000]SP = Starting Package
RB = Racial Bonus
SX = Seasonal Experience
XP = Earned Experience

[columns=2][u]Physical[/u]
[u]Mental[/u]
[u]Social[/u]
[u]Lifestyle[/u]
[u]Arcane[/u][/columns]

The Physical tab contains skills associated with physical actions; swimming, running, etc.
The Mental tab contains skills associated with the mind; logic, mathematics, etc.
The Social tab contains skills associated with interactions; Socialization, Persuasion, Etc.
The Lifestyle tab contains skills associated with daily things; cooking, childcare, etc.
The Arcane tab contains skills associated with magic; both personal and world magics go here.

Things like career pursuits have specific skills involved as well, like healers may need to know herbalism and medicine. Stuff like that generally falls under Lifestyle but can easily be placed elsewhere, it all varies depending on how you look at the skill and how you customize this section to your use.[/tab]

[tab=Physical,#FFFFFF,#000000][table2=#BFBFBF,#000000]Skill | SP, RB, SX | XP | Total |[/table2][/tab]

[tab=Mental,#FFFFFF,#000000][table2=#BFBFBF,#000000]Skill | SP, RB, SX | XP | Total | Proficiency[/table2][/tab]

[tab=Social,#FFFFFF,#000000][table2=#BFBFBF,#000000]Skill | SP, RB, SX | XP | Total | Proficiency[/table2][/tab]

[tab=Lifestyle,#FFFFFF,#000000][table2=#BFBFBF,#000000]Skill | SP, RB, SX | XP | Total | Proficiency[/table2][/tab]

[tab=Arcane,#FFFFFF,#000000][table2=#BFBFBF,#000000]Skill | SP, RB, SX | XP | Total | Proficiency[/table2][/tab][/tabset][/center][/style]
Ricky Maze
"Bottom's up!"

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes