[SO-Sylira]This is going to hurt isn't it? (Markus)

Our hero is teaching a little combat to our healer

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The vast, beautiful oceans encircling Mizahar. The Eastern Ocean to the east and the Western Ocean to the west.

Postby S'Essy on November 6th, 2014, 6:09 pm

"No it's not. It's mine, but still none of their business if I beat you up or not." Her voice was fully irritated and even she looked angry a bit. She had no reason for it. It was her fault and not theirs. Although their laughs and her embarrassment and that she hurt her own love, it was awkward. She wanted to erase this moment if it could have been possible. It was a bit even more awkward that the Konti had to heal his genitals. She was not prude, she had never cared, but they shared too much intimate moment. She had to think like a Healer in this one. This day could have not been any worse than it was.

The Knight was trying to calm him just like the old times. Like Tanroa was repeating the flow of time. It was a big deja vu for her. Again she was on the ground with him, hugging him, making big things about nothing. Again he was trying to calm her. What more proof did she have to show? She was simply clumsy and bad in combat. Only her luck can help her, nothing else. She chuckled a bit, and a faintest of smile has appeared on her face when he was teasing. "Yeah, I'm missing them. But see, as a Healer I can get such excuses unlike you. One of the benefits." Got a kiss in return, Markus stood up, he seemed all well, like her kick never happened.

She placed her hand on his and stood up as well. And as much as she hated it, he wanted her to continue. She gave a big sigh. "Yeah you might. Makes me feel more encouraged." Before she even did anything, he just jumped away from the railing back to the middle of the ship like he had seen something scary. She raised her eyebrows. Was Laviku's waters that scary? It was still unbelievable to her. She shrugged when he warned her to not start. "As long as you don't tell me, this little fishy can't help you. But if you are that sure dear..." She rolled her eyes, if he didn't trust her in this enough then she wouldn't bother at all to help him out.

The same attacks to show. She went in front of him and stepped back twice. She pulled up her knee, it was much further than his groin. She stretched her arm in his direction, still her arm didn't reach him. S'Essy couldn't have hurt him or herself this time. She closed her eyes. She had to gather back her focus and stop worrying about that she was clumsy. She had to take it seriously. She took a deep breath and blew it out. She did the same again and again. Trying to empty her mind. Meditation sometimes came handy. Only was trying to remember the stance he was showing. She did the pose again. And she started. First left hand pushed forward. There was more confidence but still far from perfect. Then with her right arm, she was striking toward the throat. It was still bad, but she managed not to hit him. Then knee rose up to hit the groin, at least she knew how it was going... But enough experimenting with it for one day.
Unless I promised one, I can not accept any more threads at the moment! I'm sorry.
ImageImage
S'Essy
Markus' advisor

Words: 267181
Joined roleplay: February 3rd, 2014, 6:16 pm
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 1
Overlored (1)

Postby Markus Andres on November 17th, 2014, 5:45 pm

Markus could see the annoyance on his lovers face. The irritation that he did not want to include her in the innermost torment that was his memories of the Sahovan campaign. But he felt if he started to speak of those memories he would be letting the cat out of the box. Never would he be able to put a lid on those memories and they would haunt him to the end of his days. He swallowed hard and pushed the subject away. Let S'Essy resume her training. Focused upon her form, the curves and lithe body perform the strikes he had pointed out. He had not expected any miracles from the pacifistic woman, but he was still amazed with how sloppy those strikes were. Haphazard strikes and knee motions. Was it not for the recent, very recent, successful strike, he would have wondered if the woman was even capable of physically injuring other people. It brought a soft smile to his lips. So different they were. He was an instrument created to end the lives of Syliras' enemies and keep the peace. She...

Is it really okay what I am doing?

He didn't have the answer. Under normal circumstances he would have sought the advice of the gods above. But in this case he didn't. Knew the answer would be a toss up. Some gods would undoubtedly approve, others would leave the protection to him and let her innocence remain somewhat intact. She had taken an oath... And he was actively giving her the means to be able to break that oath. He took a deep breath. S'Essy was not the type to go use this offensively. Only defensively. He knew this. It was only because he was here that she was training. That was a huge comfort and relief.

"Remember to breathe." Markus spoke as he began to circle her slowly. Watching from other angles. See if she held up in the different aspects. His youthful mind lingered on her butt as she carried out the strikes. It had been entirely too long since the two had last been together. "Do I have to repeat that you should only use this if you can't run away." He said from behind her as he moved in a little closer. His massive body pressed against hers from behind and arms touched hers. "And if you have to fight, don't use the stance until the last moment. Pretend you're stricken with fear and then when they come in closer, knee them between the legs and punch them in the throat." He whispered into her ears. It was about the least sexual thing he had ever whispered to her. But for the moment he was okay with that, it was best he did everything in his power to knock that kind of thoughts out of his mind.

He pulled her hands back in a defensive posture. Tightening up her defensive stance that seemed to falter a little with each strike. Happy to have reset it he stepped away again and nodded to himself. It had been a good excuse to give her a very close hug in the middle of the deck with everyone watching. He yawned lightly and stepped in front of her. Holding up a hand in front of his throat flatly. The other hovered around his groin. Ready to stop himself form being further humiliated by her knees.

"Aim for my throat. Keep the strikes precise and under control. When you can hit reliably with the correct form, we will add the power."

Markus Andres
The OTK

Words: 1104443
Joined roleplay: September 14th, 2010, 7:43 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Medals: 3
Featured Character (1) Trailblazer (1)
Overlored (1)

Postby S'Essy on December 15th, 2014, 8:27 pm

Remember to breathe. It wasn't hard thing to do and she was focusing too much about breathing anyway, she was just waiting while he was checking her body. For enjoyment or maybe it was also part of the training she didn't know. She felt him close to herself at her back. Whispering to her. "No, you don't. I'm not sure if I can ever use this. Let's hope not." His body against her, his arms on hers, the same thing again. But he wasn't an insolent teenager and she wasn't that playful Konti anymore either. This wasn't a game and even his whisper wasn't the same as back then. "I guess I get it. Gosh, I should have trained myself with the Suvai when I had the chance." Got the image in her head about her people and the weapon she saw time to time.

She didn't know how to use it though and she didn't know much about it in general. And the more she thought about it, maybe she would be clumsy with that too. But that was her people's weapon, perhaps she would be more comfortable using it, that she had a chance with it. Who knew? She could always start training that sometime if she got the chance. But first she had to learn these simple things, such as self defense and the Healer wasn't really good at all.

Markus pulled her hands up back to a defensive stance. Tightening it, tightening it till he was just hugging her. Sweet gesture. Somehow Markus always found those little doors for these. One of the things she liked about him. As he did it for her, she stayed in that pose and waited for instructions. He went back in front of S'Essy and kept a hand in front of his throat and groin. Smart move. Protecting himself from the inevitable it seemed. But she stepped away a bit, just to make sure nothing would happen. Aim for his throat, without power but precise and under control. Easier to say than done.

She extended her hand forward towards his throat slowly. Checking where to aim and how far she was from him. She could reach his hand with her middle finger only. That was enough, she didn't need to be closer. She pulled it back and she did the same thing just with speed now. It wasn't really precise and not really under control. Another attempt. There was some improvement but still just not good enough. Her arm and hand were trembling. Another and another attempt. She was just keep doing it without thinking. But she was careful this time.

"Don't worry, I still won't join the Order. Not to humiliate you or myself, but being a knight and fighting is so appealing really." She said with sarcasm.
Unless I promised one, I can not accept any more threads at the moment! I'm sorry.
ImageImage
S'Essy
Markus' advisor

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Overlored (1)

Postby Markus Andres on May 5th, 2015, 1:30 am

Markus could mention a lot of things wrong with S'Essy when she struck. The stance was not one of those things. There were some minor tweaks he could make that might be easier for S'Essy to do, but none of it mattered compared to the more grievous mistakes he could see. The accuracy of her strikes were off. Power and speed were also something to be desired. She didn't raise her shoulder to protect her jaw from a hook in return. Then again, Markus was not teaching her to defend herself from a longer assault. He was teaching her to perform a simple one-two strike to incapacitate an attacker for the crucial time it would take S'Essy to turn around and run away. Though the strikes S'Essy performed didn't improve over time. Markus even noticed she got a little sloppier and once or twice she might even have missed his neck entirely had she been close enough to strike it directly. - and assuming he moved his hand out of the way - which he would not, considering her lack of control when it came to swift strikes. The mere thought made his balls hurt in memory of the mishap. Though it seemed that as her strikes got sloppier, so did her interest vane to a point of disinterest, or perhaps apathy? Or general annoyance that he was teaching her to fight when she so despised the idea of combat? There was another yawn, this time suppressed. He was exhausted. Weary from the travels on the ship. He really wanted to find a bed that didn't move at all and just sleep. If offered, he'd probably even sleep before pleasing his lover. He knew it was a selfish thought.

Markus was not in the mood for S'Essy's sarcasme. But he was glad she wouldn't be a knight. She'd make a terrible knight in the first place. Granted, in mentality, protecting the weak and innocent, doing her duty, and overall personality would be beneficial. Her martial prowess and utter dislike for combat would make her a liability. Which was why Markus would love to have her after a battle. Her ability to heal people and her medicinal expertise would bring many knights back from the brink. But during combat, she would most like end up dead or others would die protecting her.

"Yea. It is also time we stop for today. We can pick it up again tomorrow. Plenty of time before we reach Sunberth." Markus lowered his guard and turned to his things. Knelt lightly and started to pick up his things when he paused. "I will go below deck. Before Syna cooks me." There was a hint of a smile for a brief moment. Before a wave or Laviku or other beast of the sea caused the ship to shift ever so slightly. But enough to make Markus pale a little, despite the colour brought by exposure to Syna. His still empty hand shot out and caught the mast and ensured he didn't lose his balance. When another shift in the ship didn't come, Markus quickly gathered his items and moved to pass S'Essy. But he paused ever so slightly.

"I think I will try and get some rest..." He didn't want to say it out loud, but he kinda hoped she'd follow. If only because he presence had a soothing effect. She was a creature of the sea.... If the memories caught up to him and forced him in that situation... She would help him. Plus she was of Lavikus kin - or so he thought, why else the gills? But he would understand if she'd rather stay in Syna's warm rays and look at the open expanse of the ocean... Once he could have done the same without shuddering and trembling. Either way, he moved onwards to find a place to shelter himself. Somewhere the ship didn't move as much from side to side. If only he could remember her for what she had done for him in the past... Markus still felt like a moron for loving this woman... She had vanished... Gone to Riverfall... And then returned? How was he to believe he was not just another tool?
Markus Andres
The OTK

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Overlored (1)

Postby S'Essy on May 7th, 2015, 7:30 pm

She could see he didn't really like what she had preformed to him. She knew she was bad at combat but that bad? He wasn't happy, she could see that in fact he felt not safe. It was surely because of her kick the last time. Not even her joke brought a smile to his face. This was bad, really bad and even her face didn't show any happiness. Her mood became also bad. She was a dead case, this whole ship trip was a dead case. Maybe with Pulren later she could talk... S'Essy wasn't even sure if she wanted to talk anymore.

As she thought he wanted to stop training. Wasn't sure when would they try it again, her guess was never. Started to pick up his belongings, S'Essy was just standing there watching him. Being disappointed at herself. Going back to his little lair, she shoot back a brief smile at him also. Syna cook him... surely. When a little wave made him unbalanced then she understood the real reason. His face pale, more afraid. No, this wasn't about her, this was about being stuck in a ship and she still had no idea what was wrong.

She was irritated by this, why couldn't he tell her?! She was a one of Laviku's daughter so easily she could help. He could be so stubborn. He only paused for a tick, to tell he would rest. There was a little hint, an unspoken one. She looked after him then back at Laviku's water. Let out a big sigh. "I wish You could tell me, but I bet You have more important matters to solve. I'll somehow manage to deal with that." she spoke Kontinese to the Ocean before she managed to follow him.

S'Essy went below the deck. There he was, already lied down. He looked so frightened and the Konti was worrying about him. He needed her clearly. One day maybe she could show him the wonder of her Father's domain. One day, but not now. At the moment he needed something different, he needed support. She was here for that reason after all. To advise and serve her love once again. She lied down next to him, gently pulling his head onto her chest, holding him there. "It's okay, darling. I'm one of Laviku's child, I will hold you." She caressing his face gently and kept him close to herself.
ImageImage
S'Essy
Markus' advisor

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Overlored (1)

Postby Markus Andres on May 25th, 2015, 3:55 pm

Below deck didn't mean much on this ship. It was large. But even the Syliran felt a little cramped below deck. The darkness was not a welcome change, reminded him of the abandoned ship he had searched a couple of seasons ago. Luckily there were plenty of people down here. Life rather than dusted old bones and creepy markings. The knight moved forward. Blinked once or twice, trying to get accustomed to the lack of light. Syna was a blessing, but Priskil would be most useful right now. Kvist made his way through to the back, where his things were stashed. He had not brought a lot of things, but still, they might provide him with a little comfort. If moved a little might give him a moment of privacy away from the most persistent eyes. He would only know when he had moved the things a little. As he settled down. The entire ship rocked under a wave and Kvist felt his hand reach out. Catch the hilt of his blade and oddly enough, that calmed him a little.

He hated it onboard a ship. Get it over with. Find his family. Endure another trip back ot Zeltiva. Never ever set foot on a ship. Compartmentalize. He took care of everything on land, S'Essy, or whoever, could take care of the naval matters. A silly thought. Kvist relinquished the hold of the blade and took a deep breath to calm himself. He laid down and pushed some of the harder items away so get a little more comfortable. It was hard enough to sleep without using his chest plate as a pillow. Kvist closed his eyes. And as his sight vanished, his mind began to pay attention to the other senses. The rocking of the ship a little more noticeable. The sound of waves striking the ship and the sway that resulted from that. Kvist took a deep breath and tried to keep it out. Hands found him. He opened his eyes to look at what was going on. Did he need to defend himself? He saw it was S'Essy. Might have to guard his junk in case her knee had another spasm. He almost snickered at that thought, but he closed his eyes again and let her guide his head. One arm rested upon her hip as he shifted his weight to his side. Feeling a little safer in her hands. She was of the realm. Her father would not demolish a ship with his kin onboard, would he?

Of course he would ... He had watched as a monster had demolished parts of the Syliran fleet. Just watched as - Kvist swallowed hard and tried to push those images away again. He hated sailing.

He could feel the rise and fall of S'Essy's chest. It was a soothing rhythm. Under the moving chest. He could hear the steady beat of her heart. It was the simple sound that Markus drifted off to. The slumber would not last long. Only a couple of bells. But it was longer than he had slept for most of the voyage thus far.
Markus Andres
The OTK

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Overlored (1)

Previous